CommScope Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

3.7
CommScope President, Chief Executive Officer Chuck Treadway
Chuck Treadway
Pros
  • "Flexible hours and good work life balance(in 33 reviews)

• "Great Work Environment and Coworkers(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management does not listen to the employee's advise(in 12 reviews)

• "Many young professionals are looking to climb the ladder, not work under a manager with old-school methods who hasn't changed anything in 30 years(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of CommScope and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GAM

Apr 23, 2021 - Global Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, opportunity, leadership and great morale

Cons

Changes, acquisition, restructuring, siloed business units

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, good opportunities, steady performance

Mar 22, 2021 - VP-Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very reputable position in the market, well respected by customers and feared by competitors. Long track record of always delivering a solution when other vendors have abandoned some product lines. Better-than-others capacity to deliver high-volumes with aggressive timelines, especially for large-scale project. Excellent opportunity to cross-sell and build long-lasting relationships in the market.

Cons

CommScope has taken a risk-averse market approach preferring a solid financial outcome above being a true industry innovator. Being the #2 in technology development / introduction has saved the company a lot of money (and risk) but has lost the competitive edge of defining the path of technology evolution. The company is in many many telecom segments (5G, wired, wireless, cabling, fiber, consumer devices, IP networks, software, pro-services, ...) and it is difficult to build an all-encompassing market strategy, so there are a lot of isolated product-specific strategies ("silo effect"). Besides, some "old" technologies are still very profitable so there is no urgency to speed up development of more affordable technology.

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate when former employees speak up about their experiences at CommScope. We take your feedback to heart as it's important to us to listen and learn from others experiences. Thank you.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Solid Company

Apr 29, 2021 - Analyst, Sales Operations in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, interesting work, great 401K

Cons

Advancement is slower than I would have liked.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just a number

Apr 26, 2021 - QA Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Average pay and benefits, nice working environment, good people

Cons

No opportunities for advancement, you are seen as a statistic or number, not as an individual contributor. Excellent yearly reviews mean nothing when it comes to layoffs.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

DON'T

Apr 5, 2021 - Systems Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

there's very little to cheer about

Cons

30% annual attrition rate, no one left to create new products or fix buggy code. They implemented a structured sales comp plan designed to NOT pay out or incent and wonder why the sales and SE's are leaving (everyone's looking). They decelerate you all the way up to 100%, in fact you can make 75% of your monthly number and only get a small fraction of your commision. They hold money for up to 14 months etc... they have a milage program designed not to reimburse you for milage...... anything to save a buck and stick it to the employees and pay for their company jets, yes they are THAT kind of company.

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your frustration with the pay/benefits at CommScope. As a global leader, we aim to be competitive and offer the best compensation to our employees. We take this feedback seriously and will share with the sales compensation team. If you want to provide us with additional information and context around your situation, we are happy to listen further. Please send an email to TalentAcquisition@commscope.com with your name, location and a description of the issue. Once again, thank you for your honest feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for

Apr 16, 2021 - DC Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about the people its a people Company

Cons

People don't really care about the Company

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Apr 15, 2021 - Vice President Sales in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong market presence and leadership team

Cons

Becoming a little too political

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Professional, high-integrity work environment

Feb 8, 2021 - R&D Manager in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, respectful colleagues and managers. Real commitment to integrity... non just a buzzword. Competitive pay and benefits. Company is large and diverse enough that there is always some business in some region that is growing.

Cons

CommScope is good enough to engineers and engineering managers that voluntary departures are rare. While this is great for stable, productive teams, it can limit advancement opportunities if you are stuck in a business that is flat. It can be even worse if you are stuck in a declining business because headcount cost reductions to balance revenue declines can only be achieved involuntarily.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

None

Apr 29, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

An average company to work, not much growth

Cons

so many changes in leadership

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

only if you're young with little experience

Apr 20, 2021 - Paralegal
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent salary for the position

Cons

terrible benefits; focus on young with limited experience; discriminates against older/long tenured employees; antiquated work rules; poor electronic tools; takes too long to make decisions, if they make a decision at all

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

CommScope is committed to being an excellent place to work by listening to feedback from various channels. While this review regarding our compensation, benefits and work environment concerns us, we appreciate your bringing this to our attention as we strive to continuously improve our work experience for all employees. At CommScope, our people are our most valuable resource. Our goal is to provide a positive environment for our employees so that they can bring their authentic, best self to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 590 Reviews