Found 1,353 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Since then the company has gone down hill and I had to leave due to poor management." (in 106 reviews)
- "They tell you it you are hired and that the pay is low but you are getting so much experience." (in 85 reviews)
- "Upper management awful." (in 36 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of vision" (in 35 reviews)
- ".20 annual raise and low pay." (in 29 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Community Health Systems and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFranklin, TN
Great group of people; work as a team; small-company feel.
Information silos; processes that flow through various departments could be improved with better communication among teams.
- 4.0Aug 28, 2023Registered NurseCurrent EmployeeTucson, AZ
Excellent results from therapy for patients willing to put in the work, usually 3 hours daily. Clean facilty, direct patient care staff is dedicated to quality of patient care.
Upper management keeping increasing the number of patients per nurse, more emphasis on charting in triplicate so direct patient care is compromised. Patient focused care is actual patient contact not such emphasis on overcharting so the company looks good on paper. Let the results speak for themselves. Therapists get weekend differential for their 8 hr shifts but not nursing staff for their 12 hr shifts.
- 1.0Jul 5, 2023LeaderCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
-paycheck -new DEI efforts (these are early stages) -new intranet -new c-level leaders seem to want to drive company forward (but the team they inherited does not)
I have personally witnessed: -public shaming culture -fear culture with leaders yelling -indecision -turning on new hires and not onboarding them -long recruiting process and lying to talent -giving the lowest pay possible -terrible benefits package and a penalty fee for people who make $100k plus on top of their monthly fee -leaders always working on vacation -no one getting to know you as a person -high turnover -being talked over in meetings or condescended (I’m a woman) -leaders leading a level or two down and not being able to properly delegate -no one being able to execute with urgency due to indecision and politics even finishing items and approving them and having them completely walked back -leaders talking poorly about each other constantly -repeated layoffs9
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023Chief Nursing OfficerFormer EmployeeWilkes-Barre, PA
executive bonuses, do not have to reinvent the wheel, there are resources available
corporate oversight, unrealistic expectations, unmeetable goals
- 3.0Oct 16, 2023Billing SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSarasota, FL
Still trying to feel out my perspective. Overall though, so far this department is very kind and understanding.
The very outspoken and common issue I am observing since starting this position is the PAY. Apparently we are very underpaid and so far over the past 8 weeks, so far FIVE people have either quit or put in their notice. Most of them being supervisors... Not sure the reasons for those individuals leaving but one can assume...
- 2.0Jul 23, 2023PhysicianCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Most of the people who work with me are great people. They work hard, care about the patients, and love what they do.
1) Worst communication of any place I have ever worked 2) Total bureaucracy run by people at the top who never listen to people on the ground 3) CMO is a neurologist who is very bright, but lacks understanding of being a PCP. All CMO's should be primary care doctors. 4) No understanding of involving the workers in decision-making; completely autocratic system 5) Pay is poor at every level>nurses make equivalent as fast-food workers; physicians not even median/mean range despite most hospitals being in underserved low/medium size markets 6) Antiquated ideas, but when changes are made, they are not viable nor communicated.3
Community Health Systems Reviews FAQs
Community Health Systems has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 1,450 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Community Health Systems to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
51% of Community Health Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Community Health Systems 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.