Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The perfect place for work-life balance - almost never expected to work on weekends or evenings (in 31 reviews)

• Offers work from home for some positions (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Major lack of diversity among the male Anglo-centric ranks of mid/senior management (in 17 reviews)

• Lower pay than competitors, limited room for growth in sydney (in 9 reviews)

1. "A good company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, most roles follow the stock exchange schedule structured M-F with weekends off. The overall benefits are great including 401k matching, plenty of PTO, ESPP, Vision, Medical, Dental, Life and more. Best of all, you get these benefits right away in the US. Some roles offer work from home which is great for work/life balance. In my personal experience managers are helpful and understanding as long as you keep them informed. Global opportunities are available to those open. We have offices all over the globe.

Cons

Communication is improving from the top, but many groups state that there is a breakdown at lower levels. There have also been quite a few years of salary freezes in the past which hurts employee morale for those that do not move to new roles within the company. This past year we did have an increase, however each year you miss a raise, it is like you are taking an annual pay cut of 2-3% when you account for inflation. Although the benefits are great, the medical coverage has gone down in quality. We paid a premium in the past for BCBS but now pay the same rate for a bargain company the doctor's offices have never heard of to keep the rates from going up.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent communication from the top so we know our global priorities as the business continues to expand. Recognize that employees are one of your greatest assets and investing in them should be a priority.

2. "Project Manager"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

good benefits and 5 weeks vacation.

Cons

low pay and company does not provide adequate training

3. "Customer Service Representtive"

I worked at Computershare part-time

Pros

Reasonable Pay, Extra hours available

Cons

Stressful, varying work loads, software stability

Dec 5, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback! Our team members providing customer resolution are so critical to our business, and we appreciate how challenging, and rewarding, the role can be!

4. "Company culture is good"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Environmentally and socially conscious--promote recycling and responsible use of resources and lots of opportunities to give back to community
    --Interesting work
    --sponsor team events such as potlucks and contests to increase Tanner and camaraderie
    --decent pay for entry level

Cons

--recruiters push advancement, but not sure how many opportunities there really are.
    --because of the numerous acquisitions, the company seems to be very divided. Lots of loyalty to the original company rather than Computershare. This can create difficulty in communication and work flow.
    -- health insurance is some company no one has ever heard of.

Advice to Management

Need to work on building Computershare "brand" among employees to create more unity.

Dec 5, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Our Claims Analysts are such a great team - thank you for being part and for providing this feedback! We take pride in being an employer of choice in every community we serve - and we are glad that... More

5. "HR Business Partner"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Computershare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Computershare is a great company to work for. I was there for over 15 years and if there was anyway I could have continued my employment near my family, I would definitely still be there. Great management team, although I experienced a very unfair situation that led me to my decision to resign, I still have great respect for the management team and coworkers I work with. The benefits are great, the environment is great - I have no complaints and encourage anyone who has the opportunity to work with such a great company to give them a shot.

Cons

Computershare made some drastic changes, but so does most companies. I wish they would have given current staff the opportunity to move to the new location vs let them go.

Advice to Management

Management makes mistakes too, they are not without fault. Own up to it and when a person is wrong they are wrong whether they are management or not.

Dec 5, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you so much for your feedback, and most importantly for your service, dedication and contributions to our organization. We know that change can be difficult, and often doesn't feel good when... More

"Reconciliation Specialist/Call Center Quality Coach"

Former Employee - RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST/Call Center Quality Coach in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to Shadow different positions

Cons

poor communications throughout the company

7. "Laid back to keep you back"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Laid back work at your pace
    -Coworkers are friendly
    -Very flexible and accommodating to your needs
    -Company provides access to courses to expand your talents and abilities

Cons

-Management is not the greatest when it comes to communication
    -Departments that need to work together tend to disregard the needs of others. Needs that would better the overall operation
    -Overtime can come at inconvenient times. Its understandable that business needs change but more often than not, someone is not trying to work OT so they look for someone to do their work
    -Growth is possible but very tricky and not clear enough
    -HR is barely here. Usually found in the other offices but here.
    -Our Medical Insurance is the absolute worst

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to your employees. Its very disheartening as a newer employee to witness such low morale and enthusiasm working for this company. This particular branch (Edison) seems like the lowest of the totem pole. I do not know if this is truly the case or not but nonetheless my interactions with my fellow employees lean towards that of not liking the job.

8. "Awful Experience"

I worked at Computershare part-time

Pros

-Decent Pay for job ($17.50 an hour) - I was a temp employee
    -Guy who trained new employees was nice.

Cons

- Lousy organization within my superiors who were known as team leaders. I was a temp employee and once I was trained and went out onto the call floor it was very hectic and confusing. Nobody seemed to be able to tell me where my desk was for starters. I would ask where my desk was sometimes daily because I was moved around and the team leader would say "let me go find out." It would take 20 minutes for me to get an answer. The supervisors were very disorganized which I found to be stressful. They were often running around like chickens with no heads.
    -MOST of the team leaders were very clueless and unprofessional. The temp employees are often full of questions and almost every time the team leader would be an absolute rude and make me feel stupid for asking.
    -Awful experience to get screamed at by irate customers for 10 hours. The customers were the worst part.
    -Lack of autonomy and independence in making decisions led to real demoralizing experience; calls were recorded and reviewed by management and then picked apart by quality assurance.
    -There was a real lack of empathy from team leaders about taking a day off. You had to fill out a piece of paper like 2 weeks in advance or it would be an unexcused absence. It also might not be approved.
    -Extremely monotonous work. Thought I could stomach it for the pay - I was wrong.
    -Your job is basically to make calls for 6 hours or 10 hours (if it's a Saturday) to people who most often get mad at you for calling and unfortunately would use profanity from time to time.
    -only 8 minutes a day allowed for personal time which is ridiculous.
    -only a 15 lunch in a gross lunch room that was the size of a broom closet. There was often thirty or so people packed into it with not even enough seats for everyone.
    -One supervisor in particular was very unprofessional and led to me quitting- he was mean and rude and would reprimand people in front of the entire group during team meetings for barely objectionable behavior every day. He was very unprofessional and once discussed a health issue I was having with the entire staff publicly during a team meeting which is against the law.
    -Overall, a real lack of appreciation conveyed to employees. You just feel like you're the punching bag for the irate customers on the phone and that the team leaders don't care about you. Yes, they were attentive to any questions. But, they also were rude and irritated most of the time. This made me feel like I had no autonomy at all.
    -The team leaders were also absolutely ruthless about making sure you didn't go over your break time or lunch time or that you didn't clock out early.
    -Just an honest piece of advice: this is a highly stressful job. I couldn't handle the long hours with little break in the monotony, the lack of autonomy and the constant verbal abuse from customers as well as the irritated attitude of the team leaders. Just know what you're in for.
    -Also, if you are a college student looking for an easy job to supplement your income, this is not a good fit. It's exhausting - from both the long hours and the stress.
    -My hours were lousy too. The management made me work too many. I tried to get them reduced because I didn't have enough time to do schoolwork but this is not the type of company with any flexibility. I had to work until 10:00PM every weekday. I really didn't have the time to balance this part time job with school - I'm a part-time student as well.

Advice to Management

-Fire said team leader. Get some people that know how to treat employees with respect and dignity so that people don't dread coming to work.
    -15 minutes is not enough of a lunch break.
    -Be more accommodating of people's school schedules and let them scale back hours.

9. "customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it was a good job they teach you a lot of about stocks.

Cons

micromanagement also promoting people with no skills. Not advertising there promotional positions just choosing who ever they want.

Advice to Management

Advertise positions and give more positive feedback

10. "Good start, responsive HR and decent pay"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Computershare and KCC is very friendly and they promote work-life balance.

Cons

None yet but onboarding can be more helpful