Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor

Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Their is no room for growth or salary raise and you will remain a temp employee for as long as they like" (in 14 reviews)

• "Unfortunately cost reduction has reduced the workforce, ongoing redundancies and no vision for the future communicated by Senior Management" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience in 1.5 years of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that don't always apply to what I do, but helps in promoting myself as a valued employee.

This is the first company I've ever worked for that holds all kinds of different events from raising money for charities to opportunities to meet & greet other departments during and outside of work hours which I find pretty awesome.

With this company moving from NJ, I feel like we had & continue to have the opportunity to come up with new processes that work for our department, giving us the kind of flexibility that allows for a desirable work environment & not just rules that are put into place because that's how management thinks it should work that don't actually make sense for someone who is actually doing the job day in and day out.

In my department, there is some flexibility to work from home once a month and IF there's a reason you can't physically make it to work due to weather or if the company is having technical issues they may send you home to work & that is a nice little bonus in my opion (I've never had the opportunity to WFH before).

Overall, I believe if you work hard, network, & take even the smallest opportunities to learn, there's a chance to grow & move into different roles. I see myself being here for a long time and I truly hope this company only gets better with time.

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Advice to Management

Always take the time to listen to your employees and make an effort to meet in the middle whenever possible. If you keep employees happy and morale up, you'll keep turnover low, have people who are happy to come to work and put genuine effort into the work they do for you.

This is a big stretch, but it would be a really big perk to have a little travel program (since they have people flying back and forth from Jersey to Louisville all the time for training anyways lol) dedicated to teach interested employees about your other locations & what they do. I have my eye on Johannesburg.

Aug 16, 2018 – VP, Talent Attraction

Wow - thank you for providing such detailed feedback!! We want you to know how much we appreciate you, and your advice is spot on! Now, the travel program is a little challenging but if we get that... More

2. "Good job"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist II in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist II in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they pay you a good amount of monies

Cons

insurance is not the most amazing

Apr 15, 2019 – VP, Talent Attraction

We appreciate your feedback, and so glad to have you on our Tempe team! If there is anything we can do to improve your experience with our benefits plans, please contact your local HR Business... More

3. "Improvement Needed"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

Management across the Highlands Ranch office are severely lacking in quality management skills. Lots of micro managing & favoritism

4. "Buzy and fun some days"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Computershare full-time

Pros

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a 10 year)
    Not sure where to start here so let me just dive in...

My experience of being with the company has been great. The management in my department is fantastic, I've never felt like I couldn't come to them with an issue that they didn't take seriously. I've received two promotions in this time and continue to feel like a valued employee. I've received plenty of opportunities to learn new things that …

Cons

An annual raise that makes a difference would be much appreciated!

Apr 15, 2019 – VP, Talent Attraction

Wow - more than 10 years - that's fantastic and thank you so much for your service and contributions to making Computershare great! Our Customer Service team are the faces and voices to our... More

5. "Good people, too much overhead"

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer
    Former Employee - Lead Software Developer

I worked at Computershare full-time

Pros

Nice people. Flat management style. Plenty of opportunities to take on new projects and implement in the latest technologies.

Cons

Not agile. Too much process. Over-reliance on off-shore resources.

Advice to Management

Streamline the SDLC. Focus on building a happy on-shore team that can provide domain expertise and long term continuity.

Apr 15, 2019 – VP, Talent Attraction

We are with you that we have nice people, and thank you for the compliment! We are so appreciative of, and reliant on, our great CTS teams across the globe, so thank you for being a part, and for... More

6. "Outsourced"

Former Employee - Finance in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Finance in Boston, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work /life balance, good co-workers

Cons

no upward mobility, higher levels of management care more about profits than people

Apr 15, 2019 – VP, Talent Attraction

We appreciate you taking time to share this feedback, and hope that your new adventure is fulfilling and rewarding. Its never easy to go through a career change, and regardless of the circumstances... More

7. "It’s great, but..."

Current Employee - Senior Quality Processor in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Processor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, mentorships are encouraged, tons of developmental courses are available, suggestions are taken into account, employee involvement and volunteer programs are encouraged...

Cons

Position titles don’t really mean much.
    Expected to work harder, faster, longer regardless of consistent improvement or exceeding metrics.
    Starting pay is outrageously inconsistent; new hires can easily come in and make significantly more than well seasoned, exceptional employees with the same job functions.

Advice to Management

Open and upfront honesty from all levels of management needs major improvement.
    The ‘us vs them’ mentality tends to be encouraged between departments and should be stopped.

8. "Great people, okay company values"

Current Employee - Intake Specialist in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Intake Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and casual dress code

Cons

Lack of benefits, annual raise

9. "Best Place I've Worked"

Current Employee - KCC - Mass Tort in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - KCC - Mass Tort in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easily the best company I have worked for thus far. The job is very interesting though demanding at times, the atmosphere is friendly and the people are pretty awesome. There is no pretentiousness here, no one throws their title around, and people are dedicated to getting the job done.

Cons

Let's keep the technology and compensation competitive.

Advice to Management

Overall, a great job. We feel the support from above and hope it continues for the year to come.

10. "Not getting better"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

They offered some good benefits

Cons

No compensation for going above and beyond - it's ignored, but expected.