Credible Behavioral Health Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Matthew M Dorman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free health insurance for employee only (in 7 reviews)

• Benefits are good, actually the best I have ever seen with a company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • However, a person that has little to no business acumen, but rules the roost there decided it was time for me to go (in 5 reviews)

• A large percentage of the company works remotely (all positions) and they refuse to incoporate a work from home or flex plan option (not the (in 4 reviews)

1. "Friendly and Professional People"

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the the people I worked with were friendly and helpful.
    I personally liked the hiring process because they give the candidate an idea of what the work atmosphere was like and see if he/she wanted to join the team.
    I really enjoyed my stay. The people here helped me achieve more than what I expected from myself. I am grateful for that.
    This company's mission is meaningful and powerful.
    I enjoyed working here and would recommend them to anyone looking for a position where you will be treated like family.
    They all have a positive attitude.

Cons

I really enjoyed my stay and I can't think of any negative against these amazing people.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your missions.

"A Great Sitcom, A Horrible Real Life Company"

Former Employee - Training
    Former Employee - Training

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free health insurance. You will need to use it due to all of the stress. Remote employees (in other states), are somewhat insulated from the stress of the office. The MD office is very nice. They have some great data tracking things in place.

Cons

From your first day, you can’t trust that you will be employed by the end of the day. Several people don’t make it through the extensive training (3 months). The training is full of poorly planned sessions and peppered with trainee presentations. Yes, even people who aren’t client facing have to do presentations. You don’t receive feedback on your presentation but can get fired as a result of them. By the time you make it through the training, the skills they hired you to use will need dusting off. They seem to delight in hiring people just to fire them and disrupt their lives. Crazy, right?

You’re reading this thinking it can’t be real. Go ahead and take a job there. By week three, you start exchanging concerned glances with others in your training group. Resist the temptation to use their technology to discuss it. Resist the temptation to ask existing employees about it. Meet away from work or text any concerns to ONLY the people in your training class. Folks are trying to survive and if they think snitching on the new guy will score them points, they will. There will be surveys. They are not anonymous. The CEO doesn’t believe in anonymous feedback. (Translation: he doesn’t want honesty. He wants to be able to punish anyone who responds outside of the lines.)

Notice that all the positive reviews use similar phrasing and sentence structure? That’s not a coincidence. I echo others’ belief that those are written by the CEO and VP (I think that’s her title). Working there feels like an abusive relationship because you walk on eggshells and are forced into survival mode. To the outside world, it’s a great place. But you know how mentally and emotionally draining it really is.

They do great transparent data tracking. That transparency backfires because employees can clear the data doesn’t justify who gets fired.

If you really, really need a job, work there but don’t stop looking elsewhere. Do not accept their tuition in exchange for your soul. Be strategic about your exit because your health insurance ends the day you leave— not at the end of the month like at other places.

Advice to Management

I am not wasting keystrokes because they don’t want advice.

"The company needs to grow up"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Rockville, MD

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rockville is a great city

Cons

Support of the autocratic management style only makes the company look immature to the investment community.

Advice to Management

Hire and empower experienced professionals. Accept feedback. Be thankful that the #metoo movement hasn't crushed the coffers

"Soul-sucking work environment"

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are better than many places, for sure. Annual boondoggles seem good at first (less good once you've been to one, but still a pro). Lots of free food, usually healthy.

Cons

The work environment is simply soul-sucking. Turnover is ridiculously high. The top topic of "water cooler" conversation is who got fired this week, and who else jumped ship. The CEO and his, um, sidekick are isolated and out of touch with employees. They rule through fear and intimidation. Decisions are seen as arbitrary, almost to the point of randomness. The company mood is dark and oppressive.

Advice to Management

You have a good product. Read some books on effective management, and take them to heart. If you could possibly turn your colors to a less dysfunctional management style, you could actually be on to something.

"Disheartening."

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time

Pros

Benefits are unreal. Excellent coverage and options. Great team of people. Made lifelong friends at this company. Joy to work beside them. The mission is great and I see the software living up to that. The partnership with agencies across the nation is inspiring. The company is strongly invested in improving the software.

Cons

A single employee can outperform the entire team collectively, and be let go for “performance issues”. Everyone is let go with the same reason with 0 feedback (there is no performance improvement plan in place). Upon asking for supportive evidence the question is dodged. You can be commended for superior work one day and let go the next simply because one person in management suddenly doesn’t like you. A large percentage of the company works remotely (all positions) and they refuse to incoporate a work from home or flex plan option (not the “flex plan” of 4 hrs max and must have advance notice). There is very little employee confidence in job stability. It’s very sad that a company with such an amazing product, shining presentation and such an amazing team is managed in the manner it is- like a popularity contest in high school.

Advice to Management

Please - focus on the amazing team you have and really hear and trust them. They are willing to work hard for you if you give a little faith back and not just pay for $1million company offsites. Consider flex from home. Give the same trust to your HQ employees you give to your remote. Consider increasing bonuses or pay raises and splurging and expensive indulgences less. Reward the individual for superior work more and the entire company as a whole less. If individuals see hard work is rewarded then the rest will follow instead of “spoiling” everyone as a group.

"Enjoy growing? Not the place for you..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of. Funny how that works....

Cons

Read all other negative reviews. It has all been said.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews to bring up numbers on glassdoor.

"The longer you’re away, the more perspective you have."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people below Director level.
    Better than average benefits (not worth it).
    Nice company gatherings with abundant good food-also a waste...employees can’t be bought with high priced food.

Cons

There isn’t enough time or characters to detail all and I agree with all other posts negative statements.

The most validating experience is going on to this review site and others to see that you’re not alone.

Executive management is deplorable in its current form and will destroy the business if left in control.

Micro management, mismanagement, hypocrisy, inappropriate executive behavior, and other unsavory issues exist in every department of this organization.

Horrible processes are forced down all employees throats and terrible negative management practices used to enforce.

Run Away!!

Any other opportunity is better than this company.

Advice to Management

Leave and let someone else run the business.

They won’t listen and they’ll only forcefully request that employees post fake reviews on here.

"Simply hostile!"

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefit package and hard working employees.

Cons

The work environment is scary. The "executives" in charge have created a hostile work environment. There is no real discussion on making improvements to the product, organization, or morale. Completely defeating atmosphere with very little room for growth. So many good people have cycled through because of management. The only few that have any kind of tenure are close to the inner circle. I know it sounds weird to talk about a business in such terrorist like terms, but the "supreme leader" himself will tell you he is "the judge, jury, and executioner".

Advice to Management

Investors should take note and clean house on the executive team.

"Toxic, despotic, unpredictable work environment just to name a few"

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free health insurance for employee only.
    Off-sites that are mandatory and can be out of the country, so not for everyone.
    Nicely decorated "cubicle" rooms.
    Great co-worker, at least for the ones who haven't quit or got dismissed yet.

Cons

Only consider if you excel at flattering overinflated egos. This is the only requirement necessary for you to retain your job. You can be incompetent and have no skills, as long as you report to executives about employee gossip and compliment them on anything you can possibly think of and mean it, you're good to go.

If you have opinions, even if they benefit the company's future and net profit, avoid working there. You will be fired the minute you express a logical and constructive thought.

There are too many cons to list here. Do your research. Look at the number of "Helpful" flags are on negative reviews versus their number on positive reviews. All positive reviews were written by the executive team. Carefully read the language used in the reviews openly written by executive and examine the level of immaturity they reflect, then ask yourself if you really would want to work for someone like this.

Advice to Management

This would be a waste of time. They don't have a care in the world!

"Incompetent executives running their own company to the ground. Save your career and moral and PASS"

I worked at Credible Behavioral Health Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that are not completely offset by the cons.

Off-sites with free food that will likely no longer take place as the company's stocks are plunging and they are now pinching pennies.

Good health insurance, which is cancelled the very same day they terminate employees without notice.

Used to be a great team to work with, with exceptional skills and dedication, but what is left of it is either looking for other employment opportunities or simply incompetent at everything but flattering executives' egos.

Cons

1 - Staff gets rewarded on one single thing: following all C-level execs ridiculous orders with genuine admiration. This is the closest to a feudal microcosm I have ever seen where buffoons are called to entertain the king in his quarters with absurd reports and presentations requests on a daily basis.

2 - The antiquated architecture holding the software together is failing and filled with bugs and vulnerabilities. Their clients are dissatisfied, but stuck with software they invested so much money in that they don't have the resources to migrate to a different vendor.

3 - This company only started growing a couple of years ago after over a decade and after getting substantial funding. Their funder is now taking a very close look at the company's practices. I am not optimistic about the future of the company.

4 - Salary: It is good for some, bad for others and is based on nothing but subjectivity. Ask for what you want during the interview process or you will never get it. I personally was paid well, but I asked for it when I was hired, and did get consistent raises for good performance, then was fired the next week for performance issues (as it is the Credible way).

5 - Unstable: if you NEED stability and a paycheck, don't even think about it. They will fire you without notice, they fire everyone who doesn't quit first. You will see your talented colleagues be led out the door in the middle of the day and will be next. There are maybe about 5% of the staff only who have been there more than 2 years and they are not the competent ones, they are the ones with no backbone who say "yes" to every ridiculous demands from execs and pretty much have sold out their integrity.

I could go on and on, but to sum it up, look away! It will be a dark spot on your resume and you will likely have to answer "yes" to the question "Were you ever dismissed for a job?" After an otherwise spotless career. At the very least, go on professional networking sites and search for Credible former and current employees, send them a message to get their advice. There are a lot of things we cannot write here.

Advice to Management

Just quit and let competent non-narcissistic, true business people take over. This is the only way your company will survive.