Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A lot of free food and a great company culture" (in 30 reviews)

• "Great place to start and build your career" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "80% of those jobs were at the same client location that I was previously let go from" (in 21 reviews)

• "Stressful environment, terrible compensation, high turnover, no loyalty to employees" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Epitec is a great company to work for! You can really tell they really care about their employees. They are always making changes to make your work place better and make sure you enjoy your job!

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Epitec but rather some difficulties you run into with the job. This is a very fast paced industry so you have to move fast if you want to find the best candidates before your competitors get to them.

"Great Experience"

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company Culture. Flexible hours is appealing. Senior Management is open to ides and innovation. Management works closely with staff and very helpful.

Company invests in employee growth through conferences, workshops and paid learning. Provides best infrastructure to work with.

Very progressive thinking company. Always works on improving processes

Cons

Health Insurance can be better

"Epitec Placing People First"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Epitec full time for a year and a half. Epitec has great company culture and cares about their corporate and field employees. They are always changing and evolving to truly place their employees first, which is a great feeling. The hours are also excellent! They are always willing to help their employees grow. It is also really awesome to make an impact in peoples lives!

Cons

Industry changes and the ups and downs that come with that.

"20 years of professional experience with 2-years of perspective on Epitec."

Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Strategist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment & culture
    Flexible hours, great work/life balance
    Rarely have to work overtime
    Growth driven mindset, with opportunities for advancement
    Clear achievable goals & incentives

Cons

No job is perfect, that's why it's called work. Honestly, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the future and surround yourself with people who care.

"Endless opportunities, put in the time and you will be rewarded."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Energetic, Positive Culture
    Embrace New Ideas
    Challenging Industry Standards
    Employee Experience, Recognition, and Opportunities

Cons

I’ve always believed that as an employee the only thing that you can ask for from your employer is the opportunity to succeed. At Epitec I have found endless opportunities to make an impact.

Advice to Management

Keep working towards your long-term goals, you have a strong team to build from, now it’s a matter of scaling.

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can pick your start time (anywhere from 7:30-9:30 am), and you only have an 8 hour work day with a half hour paid lunch. There is free Starbucks coffee, and there always seems to be free food around. The culture is great - if you work hard, you get rewarded. They expect a lot out of you, but I really think it helps you grow professionally. I have been pleasantly surprised by management and how involved they all are, even executives. It's not uncommon to run into them grabbing your morning coffee or eating lunch. There are also a lot of events and holiday parties to help relieve the stress. It is a growing company, so there are a lot of opportunities for growth and/or promotion coming up.

Cons

There is some turnover, but if you are dedicated and work hard, you will do well.

Advice to Management

I love how involved and approachable management and executives are. The monthly meetings are great at keeping everyone focused, updated and motivated. I am very happy with my manager specifically - they have played a huge role in my growth as a professional and in advancing my career goals.

"Great Corporate IT Team"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of opportunity in corporate IT for current students/recent CS grads to work on large and diverse software applications and quickly get real world experience as a developer.
    -Experience with all layers of full stack development without being isolated to one task; if there's an area of development you're not particularly strong in, you will be after working on their corporate IT team.
    -IT management is very open to exploring new technologies and suggestions from developers.
    -Encouraged to grow as a developer and given the tools to do so; lots of projects are innovative and challenging and you'll rarely (if ever) be doing the same repetitive type of work over and over.
    -Great team. I genuinely enjoy the company of all my team members and they're super pleasant people to work with.

Cons

-Occasionally project priorities shift and something you've put a lot of work into ends unused which can feel discouraging.
    -Agile development process sometimes moves too quickly and it can be stressful to balance producing results vs. preventing technical debt.

Advice to Management

Slow down the development process just a bit to give room for better prioritization and to boost software project quality.

"Epitec - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Finance in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Epitec has a great culture and work environment. I have been with the company for 2 years and have had the opportunity for growth and development.
    -Great culture
    -Helpful employees
    -Good energy

Cons

There is a little bit of turnover, but if you work hard and put in the time, you will succeed at Epitec!

"Epitec Invests in People"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What do I love about Epitec?

They invested in me. I've seen my career grow from being a software developer to being a manager. And now that I am a manager and with Epitec's full support, I have the opportunity to do the same. Help younger software developers start and grow their career. That is why I love my job and I love Epitec.

Cons

Sometimes it will feel like you are pushed beyond your comfort zone but looking back, those moments actually helped me grow more.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people.

"Operations View"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When working for Epitec, you are a part of something much bigger than yourself or your role. Sales and operations work closely together to not only place people in the right positions, but to ensure employee satisfaction. Epitec does this through providing hands-on, dedicated and dependable resources to all employees from their first day onward. Another benefit that makes Epitec unique to the industry, is the many sponsored events arranged throughout the year to bring all employees together. It's clear that employee appreciation is a top-priority. I truly enjoy going to work everyday.

Cons

Under restraints of different client policies.

Advice to Management

Continue perusing flexibility and dedication as a quality in all employees.