Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • plus there is ALWAYS free food and you get to work with an exceptional team :) (in 26 reviews)

• Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• The only two Account Managers in Addison were let go (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Epitec has a corporate culture that is far superior from any other place I have worked. This company is truly the definition of hard workers with good attitudes will win. Management listens to employees and makes decisions based on feedback. I felt very welcomed at Epitec and felt my colleagues were very helpful. The culture is very motivating and incentive driven. Work like balance is important to me and Epitec provided a schedule that was flexible but promoted success at work. I was happy here.

Cons

They provide so much food. I gained weight.

"DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY!"

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is always free food, drinks, happy hours, company meetings. The first two weeks of training, they would take you out to lunch and talk about what happens, so you get to know the company culture. Pay is good, on top of the base there is commission and incentives (gift cards, money, leaving early, travel opportunities, etc) for meeting/exceeding goals and when your candidate gets hired, you get commission.

Cons

Benefits only kick in after 90 days of working there. VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE! They get rid of people by telling them that "today is your last day. I'll grab your things, sign this, and I will walk you out." During my time there, many people who joined before and after me got let go before their 90 days with no reason given. Management does not listen to their employees. Everyone is old so they are set in their ways, don't be fooled by their appearances. They tend to talk a lot behind everyone's backs and usually when you hear someone's name being mentioned in a negative way, that person ends up suddenly disappearing from the company indefinitely. Just an FYI, you are forced to pay money to wear jeans on a Friday. Management make it seem like they are approachable, but they aren't. When you point something out to them, that would become a red flag and you will end up being on their "dislike list" or "next to be fired list." The CEO and wife are constantly traveling with the money recruiters (you) help them make and are never around to ask for advice.

Apr 17, 2017 – COO

I am sorry that your experience with Epitec as an entry-level Recruiter was not a good one. Epitec cares about its reputation and we care about how we behave as an organization. Epitec has an award ... More

"Decent entry position"

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hires people with little to no experience, which is a plus to get you into the working world. Nice incentives, lower level managers are decent. A lot of free food and a great company culture. Within a few months of working here you will have other companies reaching out to you offering you $10,000 more annually. Great experience to get you into recruiting, you may just have to suffer for awhile.

Cons

A lot. You may not realize at first but senior managers talk down to you. The pay is terrible, and when you discuss a raise they suggest you just make all of your incentives to put you at your desired salary. They try to butter you up with free food and drinks and activities so you don't realize they actually don't care about you as an individual. From personal experience I have been bullied by upper management because this is my "first real job" and I don't know how the real world works.

Advice to Management

Pay your recruiters more. We work hard and meet goals, we do most of hr and onboardings jobs and get paid very little. Also, treat people with respect. Yes it may be an entry level position but use that as an opportunity to help people grow and learn instead of tearing them down.

May 8, 2017 – COO

There is absolutely no doubt that an entry level recruiting position opens many career doors even after only 90 days of employment with Epitec. The reason a recruiter may be offered $10,000 within a ... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Company is not friendly concerning Consutants

Cons

Management does not treat consultants with respect.

Advice to Management

None. They will not take advise

Feb 27, 2017 – COO

Epitec recognizes that both our customers and our employees represent the infrastructure of our organization. We care about our employees and their employee experience. So I am very concerned about ... More

6. "Great company & Great culture"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Epitec is so far the best company I have worked for, They really take care of their employees, they treat everyone with the same respect and there are no barriers between executive and employees. I have only been with the company for a few months and since I started, Epitec is constantly doing employee events, such as game day, spirit week, twin day among others and there is always food. I love the team I am working with, there is alway something new to learn and there is never a dull moment. I am not surprised Epitec is among 101 Best and Brightest Companies To Work.

Cons

Nothing so far, I am enjoying my time here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

7. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI

Pros

Epitec, provides excellent support for contract employees.

Cons

Low pay and no pay for holidays.

Advice to Management

Work with Client for higher wages.

"You Deserve Better than Epitec"

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the experience I have had, I can honestly say that there is nothing good or genuine about Epitec.

Cons

Epitec is a profoundly immoral and malevolent company to work for, they are the definition of evil. In my time with Epitec and in my time since I have left Epitec I have come to understand that they can only operate on FEAR.
    The executives instill fear into their employee’s by constantly reminding them that they are replaceable. The turnover at Epitec is 100%, after all. The team at Epitec also creates an environment where individuals are afraid to leave and move forward in their career.
    The COO might like you to believe that Epitec has its’ employee’s best interest at heart, and will respond to these negative reviews with comments like, “We take risks by hiring Entry Level Recruiters”, “Epitec empowers and invests in its employees for the individuals future and the individuals success”, and “Most Millennial’s only stay in a position for 3 years on average”, keeping in mind that when you leave (regardless of if you chose to part ways or are let go) you will be presented with a legal situation. All staffing/recruiting agencies do have a non-compete but Epitec takes it to the extreme, they will come after you regardless of why you left and where you go.
    Please I beg of you, consider other options before fueling Epitec with another entry level recruiter who they will scar for the rest of their career. You deserve better!

Advice to Management

Take time to review what you are doing to those who no longer work for you and ask yourself why did they leave in the first place? Why do we have a 100% turnover rate?

9. "Ok for Contract"

Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI
    Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, process H1 promptly, attorneys respond to queries fairly promptly.

Cons

No paid holidays (or a pay cut if you want one), no hike in salary after a year.

"Recruiter"

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

I made at least one good friend from this place that no longer works there, but we still keep in touch. Other than that, nothing.

Cons

Everything. A nightmare to work there. There is a lot of favoritism involved and the turn over is ridiculous. I've experience people being fired after a week of being there for no good reason. If you're looking for a job just to make some pocket cash, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and stop favoring certain people based on looks. Stop hiring any and everyone and then firing them for no reason after a few days or months.

Jun 20, 2016 – COO

Our people are the sharpest, most capable, driven employees in the industry. According to the most recent available data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the expected tenure of the workforce’s ... More

"Run far away!"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of anything except free coffee.

Cons

The environment, lack of professional management, they fire people every week right before their bonus is to be paid out. Might not even get your last paycheck. Good luck if you have excepted am offer here.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Pay people properly or they will report you. What you are doing is not legal.

Jun 20, 2016 – COO

I also enjoy the free coffee. Our environment is conducive to work. Winning takes persistence, dedication and refusing to fail no matter the odds. In order to be successful at Epitec you must have a ... More