Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They give you free food and everyone is nice (in 29 reviews)

• Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you aren't making your numbers, you are usually let go (in 16 reviews)

• High turnover leads to a stressful work environment (in 14 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid training, incentives, great work life balance, flexible hours, upper managemeroom for career growth, self-sufficient schedule.

Cons

The field is not for everyone. You must put in the time and effort to see results.

2. "Epitec"

Pros

Open concept floor plan, young upbeat co-workers, challenging projects

Cons

Challenging projects with minimal training. Management didnt invest in their employees concerned about numbers

Advice to Management

Care about the people you hire and the people you source as temporary workers, they are not just numbers but people with families to support etc.

3. "Incredible place to work, grow professionally, and make a positive impact for other people!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Addison, TX

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management genuinely cares about their employees and work to create an environment of success. The people are friendly, and if you are willing to work hard the opportunities for growth are there! I have had the privilege of seeing several people find their dream jobs through our company. The excitement it brings them and their families makes every day working worth it.

Cons

Haven't seen any cons that really stick out. I think as a company we could always improve in some way or another.

Advice to Management

Thankful for you and keep it up!

4. "Great Company to work and start your career at."

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Addison, TX

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Training, Good Incentives, Free food, Good Managers, Good Co-Workers, Great work-life balance, Well respected organization with unlimited resources.

Cons

lot of pros has outweighed the cons.

Advice to Management

Great job on taking care of Epitec employees.

5. "Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere people were very friendly

Cons

no chance for advancement bad pay

6. "A fairly good company to work in Michigan"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty proactive group of HR/recruiters (hats off to them)
    HR/Immigration team is also not that bad, I can say they follow up time to time
    Prompt in reply.
    No issue with Salary /timing / direct deposit etc.
    They send festival time gift, cards, birthday cards, appreciate yearly, Team outing is there, picnic...It's all good with Epitec.

Cons

Don't pay much attention towards employee's future growth etc..
    No Training/Certification/Tuition Assistance.
    401K is REALLY BAD...I mean the matching % (0.25*6% of SAL) that too BAD 'vesting' clause of 2 years and all...
    Health Plan should be better..
    Holidays/Leaves are OKAY..not great, not bad(better than many companaies)

Advice to Management

Please change this 401K vesting clause to make it 'immediate vesting' .

Otherwise, you are doing good!

7. "TERRIBLE PLACE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

The turnover is really high at this company. Health insurance prices are through the roof. They fire people for no apparent reason.
    The company fired our boss for no reason and thus started Armageddon. The office fell apart after he got fired and almost everyone jumped ship. I made the biggest mistake in my life by working here. Don't believe them when they tell you anything.

Fake smiles. Fake people.

Cons

There is nothing good here

8. "Business analyst"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

life/working balance, people are nice there,

Cons

limited room for advanced promotion, hard to jump to another role , no career planning for employee

Advice to Management

find more opportunity for workers

"Three month average employee shelf life is a REAL thing here ,Major ethical discrepancies , morally reprehensible"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coffee machine , lots of bells and whistles(free food, nice events ) great ATS system and procedures in theory

Cons

To say some managers are morally and ethically reprehensible would be an understatement! They talk the talk but do not walk the walk whatsoever . In such a fast paced competitive field you would think your managers main priority would be forwarding candidates to the hiring managers and following up to spotlight these candidates and keep momentum going. As a recruiter , a good recruiter you have a do it know mentality unfortunately this ball stops rolling on the management end . It seems like things die as soon as you identify a candidate. Some are stuck in screening for 48-72 hours once a manger realizes they dropped the ball they send additional questions (ones you have answered in the many forms you fill up to that point) in what seems asaway to buy time or for lack of a better term CYA. The second and sad thing is when you candidate has a request for interviews and the mangers alert you of this weeks later only for you to see the request was made much earlier. Another is when you candidate is flaking and you don't feel this person will accept the position mangers force you to pressure thecandiate to taking the interview even though the candidate expressed they are no longer interested. Submission to placement is very which will equal low commissions and for some odd reason the recruiter is blamed for this.

Another issue is the ethical and moral delinquency. Managers use personal information gained through false sense of comfort and comraderie against employees which lowers moral and creates a hostile and paranoid team

Advice to Management

Please evaluate your middle management. Red flags are everywhere ! If middle management used as much effort as they did in covering their behinds and providing recruiters as sacrificial lambs into growing their teams and accounts the company would be amazing to work for and certain teams would not be floundering. Evaluate certain teams and turn over rates and performance Really dig into these managers . Also emphasize the moral ,ethical and legal repercussions of breaching confidence.When an employee is told they cannot know the reason they were let go but it was no reason, make sure managers are not telling others why ( because the reason was illegal, immoral and non compliant to EEOC )

Epitec Response

Oct 9, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your note and for taking the time to write down your thoughts. The coffee machine and our ATS Epilink(TM) are both well revered in the office. Epitec invests heavily into improving our... More

10. "There is a reason for all the bad reviews!"

Pros

I met some of the best people working here and my managers were amazing. Unfortunately, they fired our boss for no apparent reason. The office is going downhill because of it just after it was built up. We had a good core group that is dwindling away to nothing.

Cons

You are seen as just a number to the executives. Everyone is replaceable.

If they don't like you, they will fire you without warning. "They just weren't the perfect match for us." I saw some great and hardworking employees be fired for NO REAL REASON.

(you do have those employees that think they can come and go as they please and slack off - I am not talking about these employees being fired, they deserved it.)

I have worked at other reputable establishments where I was valued and respected as an employee. This establishment is not that.

Every review you read is TRUE. Don't waste your time with this company.

See your worth and seek employment elsewhere.

I too laughed at the reviews when I was employed there, until I realized that these reviews aren't lying.

Advice to Management

Learn how to value and respect your employees and don't just treat them like they are a number to your organization. Also, you might have a better chance of retaining employees if you paid them a wage that they could actually live off of. You have some hardworking employees that could do really well for your company and you take complete advantage by sucking them dry of their talent and paying them the bare minimum until they have had enough and leave OR get fired for no real reason.

Maybe take a step back, read the reviews and take appropriate action to better your organization. Aren't you tired of the high turnover and constantly having to hire new employees and waste money to train them?

You wouldn't have this issue if you reevaluated and took action. Epitec has the potential of being one of the better staffing companies out there. Make some changes!

Epitec Response

Oct 11, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your comments. Epitec hires awesome people; passionate, hard-working people that are fun to work with and that perform at a high level. People join companies and leave managers. A... More