Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • plus there is ALWAYS free food and you get to work with an exceptional team :) (in 25 reviews)

• Recruiting is not for everyone Epitec is a very good place to start you career and build your self as a recruiter (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• The only two Account Managers in Addison were let go (in 14 reviews)

"Decent entry position"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hires people with little to no experience, which is a plus to get you into the working world. Nice incentives, lower level managers are decent. A lot of free food and a great company culture. Within a few months of working here you will have other companies reaching out to you offering you $10,000 more annually. Great experience to get you into recruiting, you may just have to suffer for awhile.

Cons

A lot. You may not realize at first but senior managers talk down to you. The pay is terrible, and when you discuss a raise they suggest you just make all of your incentives to put you at your desired salary. They try to butter you up with free food and drinks and activities so you don't realize they actually don't care about you as an individual. From personal experience I have been bullied by upper management because this is my "first real job" and I don't know how the real world works.

Advice to Management

Pay your recruiters more. We work hard and meet goals, we do most of hr and onboardings jobs and get paid very little. Also, treat people with respect. Yes it may be an entry level position but use that as an opportunity to help people grow and learn instead of tearing them down.

"DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is always free food, drinks, happy hours, company meetings. The first two weeks of training, they would take you out to lunch and talk about what happens, so you get to know the company culture. Pay is good, on top of the base there is commission and incentives (gift cards, money, leaving early, travel opportunities, etc) for meeting/exceeding goals and when your candidate gets hired, you get commission.

Cons

Benefits only kick in after 90 days of working there. VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE! They get rid of people by telling them that "today is your last day. I'll grab your things, sign this, and I will walk you out." During my time there, many people who joined before and after me got let go before their 90 days with no reason given. Management does not listen to their employees. Everyone is old so they are set in their ways, don't be fooled by their appearances. They tend to talk a lot behind everyone's backs and usually when you hear someone's name being mentioned in a negative way, that person ends up suddenly disappearing from the company indefinitely. Just an FYI, you are forced to pay money to wear jeans on a Friday. Management make it seem like they are approachable, but they aren't. When you point something out to them, that would become a red flag and you will end up being on their "dislike list" or "next to be fired list." The CEO and wife are constantly traveling with the money recruiters (you) help them make and are never around to ask for advice.

Apr 17, 2017 – COO

I am sorry that your experience with Epitec as an entry-level Recruiter was not a good one. Epitec cares about its reputation and we care about how we behave as an organization. Epitec has an award ... More

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Company is not friendly concerning Consutants

Cons

Management does not treat consultants with respect.

Advice to Management

None. They will not take advise

Feb 27, 2017 – COO

Epitec recognizes that both our customers and our employees represent the infrastructure of our organization. We care about our employees and their employee experience. So I am very concerned about ... More

5. "Great company & Great culture"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Epitec is so far the best company I have worked for, They really take care of their employees, they treat everyone with the same respect and there are no barriers between executive and employees. I have only been with the company for a few months and since I started, Epitec is constantly doing employee events, such as game day, spirit week, twin day among others and there is always food. I love the team I am working with, there is alway something new to learn and there is never a dull moment. I am not surprised Epitec is among 101 Best and Brightest Companies To Work.

Cons

Nothing so far, I am enjoying my time here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

6. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI

Pros

Epitec, provides excellent support for contract employees.

Cons

Low pay and no pay for holidays.

Advice to Management

Work with Client for higher wages.

"You Deserve Better than Epitec"

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the experience I have had, I can honestly say that there is nothing good or genuine about Epitec.

Cons

Epitec is a profoundly immoral and malevolent company to work for, they are the definition of evil. In my time with Epitec and in my time since I have left Epitec I have come to understand that they can only operate on FEAR.
    The executives instill fear into their employee’s by constantly reminding them that they are replaceable. The turnover at Epitec is 100%, after all. The team at Epitec also creates an environment where individuals are afraid to leave and move forward in their career.
    The COO might like you to believe that Epitec has its’ employee’s best interest at heart, and will respond to these negative reviews with comments like, “We take risks by hiring Entry Level Recruiters”, “Epitec empowers and invests in its employees for the individuals future and the individuals success”, and “Most Millennial’s only stay in a position for 3 years on average”, keeping in mind that when you leave (regardless of if you chose to part ways or are let go) you will be presented with a legal situation. All staffing/recruiting agencies do have a non-compete but Epitec takes it to the extreme, they will come after you regardless of why you left and where you go.
    Please I beg of you, consider other options before fueling Epitec with another entry level recruiter who they will scar for the rest of their career. You deserve better!

Advice to Management

Take time to review what you are doing to those who no longer work for you and ask yourself why did they leave in the first place? Why do we have a 100% turnover rate?

8. "Ok for Contract"

Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI
    Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, process H1 promptly, attorneys respond to queries fairly promptly.

Cons

No paid holidays (or a pay cut if you want one), no hike in salary after a year.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

I made at least one good friend from this place that no longer works there, but we still keep in touch. Other than that, nothing.

Cons

Everything. A nightmare to work there. There is a lot of favoritism involved and the turn over is ridiculous. I've experience people being fired after a week of being there for no good reason. If you're looking for a job just to make some pocket cash, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and stop favoring certain people based on looks. Stop hiring any and everyone and then firing them for no reason after a few days or months.

Jun 20, 2016 – COO

Our people are the sharpest, most capable, driven employees in the industry. According to the most recent available data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the expected tenure of the workforce’s ... More

"Run far away!"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of anything except free coffee.

Cons

The environment, lack of professional management, they fire people every week right before their bonus is to be paid out. Might not even get your last paycheck. Good luck if you have excepted am offer here.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Pay people properly or they will report you. What you are doing is not legal.

Jun 20, 2016 – COO

I also enjoy the free coffee. Our environment is conducive to work. Winning takes persistence, dedication and refusing to fail no matter the odds. In order to be successful at Epitec you must have a ... More

"Great place to work and to grow"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Epitec for just shy of a year and a half. I joined the recruiting team at a time when the company culture wasn't the best, as reflected in past reviews. I wanted to point out and vouch for the fact that the culture had improved drastically during the time I was employed. I literally watched the culture change before my eyes. CSO took a HUGE initiative to hone in on the exact issues that were causing the company to have a bad rep. Hiring employees in groups came to an end. Training managers started looking for individuals to hire that had prior recruiting or sales experience and this solved the bad turnover (it was a huge waste to hire people who weren't sure whether or not they were going to like recruiting). CSO took the time to sit with employees one-on-one and took note of all of the different perspectives that each of us had about the company - took them to heart - and developed action plans from there. I have complete and utmost respect from a business perspective on the way everything was handled and the actions that were taken to improve the company and employee experience. Epitec was my first job out of college. I learned so many things that I will be able to carry into my future - how to work with people, how to negotiate, how to write a good resume, how to develop business relationships, the list goes on. Recruiting is HARD - there's no doubt about that, and I've thought long and hard about the perfect recipe for a good recruiter. If you are someone who has a competitive edge, who can work without much direction, who is confident, who has a desire to learn and can learn and pick up quickly, and has go-getter energy, you will probably be successful at Epitec. If you need to constantly be told what to do, you don't set short and long term goals for yourself, you aren't willing to work hard to see (sometimes slow-coming) results, then you probably won't be successful at Epitec or in the staffing industry in general. Something really great about the company is that there is so much potential for growth. I was promoted into a sales (Delivery Lead) role about 10 months in due to my performance. About 3 months into the role, I decided that my passion was within recruiting and I asked to step down back into a recruiting role. CSO and my other manager's were SUPER receptive albeit my feeling like I was a let-down. This is just a really good example on how the company caters to every employees' needs. Regardless of my situation, if you want to move up in the company there is so much opportunity to do so. It's so easy to check up on your performance and manager's are always setting up touchpoints and regularly scheduled meetings to see how you are doing and how you can improve. There are several mediums that you can use to check your performance. If you are not performing well, manager's will provide the tools and plans necessary to help you improve. If you want to see something improve within the process, all you have to do is ask. If you have an issue with something, all you have to do is bring it up and propose a solution. If you aren't happy and there's something the company can do about it, all you have to do is set up a meeting. Note that no change will come about from keeping your mouth shut. Raises are given based on performance. If you are at starting base salary, you've been at Epitec for longer than 6-8 months and you are performing well / hitting your goals and placing a lot of candidates, expect to receive a raise. Company provides lots of fun incentives, opportunities to make extra money, free food, happy hours, etc... My first job out of college experience was a great one. Delivery team was so wonderful to work with - we definitely were a fun group of people to work with. I'd recommend Epitec to any of my peers and for field employees too! Epitec has been in business for a long time, and there's a reason for that. Epitec has super long-standing relationships with some of their customers and they are always developing new ones. Watching new business development was exciting and recruiting for new business customers was always really exciting for me. The only reason I left Epitec is to pursue a volunteer abroad opportunity. I wouldn't have left if this opportunity didn't arise.

Cons

Working at Epitec was a lot like going through LIFE. There are ups, and there are downs. Those are the tides of life! There are days where I sat at my desk stunned by the turn of events that were happening in my pipeline (candidates declining offers, falling off the market just as I got an interview request, etc....). Then, there were days where you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face if you tried. The ability to take the bad with the good is super important - you have to remember on your worst day, that you will have a good day again soon. Some people cannot handle this pressure. Luckily, Epitec introduced FREE YOGA a couple of times a week to help us deal with the stress ;). Another con that was more specific to me - I am a bit of a non-conformist, and there were times when "looking the part" and having a sales facade made me feel like I wasn't being myself. I had to keep in mind that this is a part of the job. You are expected to look the part, to come in every day looking professional - you will have to buy nice clothes and keep yourself looking sharp. For some people, this is exciting and invigorating. For others it can be draining, especially if you have rent and other bills to pay. It's all about the outlook, though, and the appearance upkeep has definitely prepared me for any other corporate jobs that I may have in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that not all accounts are made equal. Other accounts are obviously more successful than others. If you put a good recruiter on a bad account, don't blame the recruiter. It's much harder to measure their performance by their activity if the account itself doesn't see much activity. If you put a good recruiter on a bad account, make sure that they are people who can tread through and handle inactivity. Don't start recruiters off on bad accounts; this is a recipe for them to throw their arms up and quit! Keep rotating teams! You definitely want more recruiters who can work EVERY account (meaning, they help push more activity for the good accounts and try to grow activity for the bad accounts). Also, don't swear at the company meetings - there are a million and one other words that you can use in place. :) Keep doing what you're doing! Thank you for the great experience!