Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Pros
  • plus there is ALWAYS free food and you get to work with an exceptional team :) (in 23 reviews)

• is a great place to start and build a career if you have the drive (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• High turnover -people quitting and getting fired weekly (in 12 reviews)

"Decent entry position"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hires people with little to no experience, which is a plus to get you into the working world. Nice incentives, lower level managers are decent. A lot of free food and a great company culture. Within a few months of working here you will have other companies reaching out to you offering you $10,000 more annually. Great experience to get you into recruiting, you may just have to suffer for awhile.

Cons

A lot. You may not realize at first but senior managers talk down to you. The pay is terrible, and when you discuss a raise they suggest you just make all of your incentives to put you at your desired salary. They try to butter you up with free food and drinks and activities so you don't realize they actually don't care about you as an individual. From personal experience I have been bullied by upper management because this is my "first real job" and I don't know how the real world works.

Advice to Management

Pay your recruiters more. We work hard and meet goals, we do most of hr and onboardings jobs and get paid very little. Also, treat people with respect. Yes it may be an entry level position but use that as an opportunity to help people grow and learn instead of tearing them down.

"Avoid at all costs unless you love being judged by metrics"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture: They provided a lot of events, in-house parties/happy hours, team member highlights.

Cons

Compensation: Recruiters earn more by getting interviews then by making actual placements. You don't receive continual commission for your hourly employees, rather, you get a small bonus.
    You are a highly valued member by management by getting 20 interviews and only 1 placement as opposed to 3 placements and 5 interviews because your "activity" is too low. Something that actually bills compared to metrics.

Professional Development: Management brings on entry level college graduates with no idea about a company that truly values their employees and wants to build them into successful recruiters. You will not receive training or ongoing development. The expectation is call a ton of people and hope they are good enough to get interviewed somewhere. They try to lure people in with the previously mentioned fun atmosphere and hope it's enough to keep them going long enough for execs to collect on their efforts.

Turnover: Epitec is the epitome of a revolving door. Within 2 months of my start date roughly 40% of the recruiters either left or were fired.

This is a buddy buddy system so if you can get a manager to like you you have a better chance of being promoted than someone with awesome numbers but clashes with leadership.

Epitec Response

Feb 27, 2017 – COO

Epitec is a performance driven company. Epitec provides incentives on activity like submittals for recruiters or interviews for Account Managers. The incentives on Placements are much higher and ... More

3. "Good company"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Young crowd and you have the opportunity to make great money

Cons

Hard to find candidates for positions sometimes

5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Company is not friendly concerning Consutants

Cons

Management does not treat consultants with respect.

Advice to Management

None. They will not take advise

Epitec Response

Feb 27, 2017 – COO

Epitec recognizes that both our customers and our employees represent the infrastructure of our organization. We care about our employees and their employee experience. So I am very concerned about ... More

6. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Epitec is a great company. They have great incentives and take care of their employees. I have learned so much from this opportunity Epitec has given me! The managers are always available when you need them and are always willing to help if you need it.

Cons

There are no down sides to working at Epitec.

7. "Great company & Great culture"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Epitec is so far the best company I have worked for, They really take care of their employees, they treat everyone with the same respect and there are no barriers between executive and employees. I have only been with the company for a few months and since I started, Epitec is constantly doing employee events, such as game day, spirit week, twin day among others and there is always food. I love the team I am working with, there is alway something new to learn and there is never a dull moment. I am not surprised Epitec is among 101 Best and Brightest Companies To Work.

Cons

Nothing so far, I am enjoying my time here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Average"

Pros

-some rebates or extra discounts on things such as AAA annual membership or some money back when you purchase or lease a car from Ford or GM.
    -recruiters seems to be on point

Cons

- HR department
    - many different sites to keep track of your info (one for timekeeping and another for tax info & pay stubs) -- creates more work for the employee since we also have to use our companies time keeping system
    - benefits

9. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Dearborn, MI

Pros

Epitec, provides excellent support for contract employees.

Cons

Low pay and no pay for holidays.

Advice to Management

Work with Client for higher wages.

"You Deserve Better than Epitec"

Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Delivery Lead in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the experience I have had, I can honestly say that there is nothing good or genuine about Epitec.

Cons

Epitec is a profoundly immoral and malevolent company to work for, they are the definition of evil. In my time with Epitec and in my time since I have left Epitec I have come to understand that they can only operate on FEAR.
    The executives instill fear into their employee’s by constantly reminding them that they are replaceable. The turnover at Epitec is 100%, after all. The team at Epitec also creates an environment where individuals are afraid to leave and move forward in their career.
    The COO might like you to believe that Epitec has its’ employee’s best interest at heart, and will respond to these negative reviews with comments like, “We take risks by hiring Entry Level Recruiters”, “Epitec empowers and invests in its employees for the individuals future and the individuals success”, and “Most Millennial’s only stay in a position for 3 years on average”, keeping in mind that when you leave (regardless of if you chose to part ways or are let go) you will be presented with a legal situation. All staffing/recruiting agencies do have a non-compete but Epitec takes it to the extreme, they will come after you regardless of why you left and where you go.
    Please I beg of you, consider other options before fueling Epitec with another entry level recruiter who they will scar for the rest of their career. You deserve better!

Advice to Management

Take time to review what you are doing to those who no longer work for you and ask yourself why did they leave in the first place? Why do we have a 100% turnover rate?

11. "Ok for Contract"

Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI
    Current Employee - CAE Engineer in Milford, MI

I have been working at Epitec (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, process H1 promptly, attorneys respond to queries fairly promptly.

Cons

No paid holidays (or a pay cut if you want one), no hike in salary after a year.