Epitec Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A lot of free food and a great company culture" (in 30 reviews)

• "Epitec has a great company culture, obtainable bonus and incentives, flexible hours, and wonderful management" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "80% of those jobs were at the same client location that I was previously let go from" (in 21 reviews)

• "Stressful environment, terrible compensation, high turnover, no loyalty to employees" (in 16 reviews)

"Remote Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- For me, I like talking to people and I get to talk to incredibly intelligent people on a daily basis.
    - Compensation is good; you won't find many recruiting companies starting you at the base that Epitec offers, then there's commissions as well as monthly incentives to earn more cash or extra stuff if you hit your goals.
    - Opportunity to work at home full-time if you're not local to Michigan.
    - Culture is young and vibrant. Managers want to help you improve and will talk to you like a person rather than a number.

Cons

- Recruiting can be tough work, and it's certainly not for everyone.
    - You're on a phone at a desk all day. If you're not okay talking on the phone to someone you've never met for 20-30 min at a time, this job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; mix things up and promote accordingly. So far, so good.

2. "Steer clear"

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun to work for, good food, etc

Cons

Management seemed shady. Pay wasn’t great.

3. "They fire you to not pay benefits"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provided you with food that you paid for once a week.

Cons

People are awful. No one is treated right. If they don’t like you, they call you to “talk” and say “we are letting you go” with no reasons, nothing.

Advice to Management

If you’re firing someone, give them a reason so they can better themselves at their next place of employment.

"Great opportunity! I recommend it!"

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To any one who is interested in Epitec or just starting somewhere I would advise you to really give the company a chance-- don't just judge your opportunity by a few negative reviews-- you never know until you experience for yourself what a company can offer you.-- honestly all the companies I've worked at had some negative reviews too but what place doesn't?!

Anyways here are MY PROS!

Management is approachable, they talk to you and not at you. They see you as a person not just a number. I can laugh with them and be myself I don't need to be all uptight and proper all the time. They appreciate us!

Work Culture/Environment: upbeat, young, competitive, not your regular call center vibe- it's better than that- you set your own goals and go at your own pace. Success in this business is in your hands.

Good Salaray+Bonuses+ Incentives: I can't say how many shoes brand names too (Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, etc) I've added to my collection because of hitting my goals, also how many gift cards and extra cash that I've collected-- and this is just because I do my job :)

+President Club: the option to go on a paid trip to a resort if you hit your goals)- this year is the Bahamas!

Visiting client and lunching with managers/ employees: the opportunity to learn more about the people you work with and having conversations that lead to more than just work is VERY fulfilling.)

Celebrating birthdays/anniversaries for internal/external : Epitec recognizes and appreciates you whether you work internally or externally. It's nice to be appreciated and remembered.

Epitec Tech Team: these people have made all our jobs easier and more efficient by the processes they come up with and the system changes they put in place. I am very thankful for their help!

I probably can think of something else but this is all I got for now! :)

Cons

Recruiting is a roller coaster: so you do have to have tough skin to push through your obstacles. But no worries you are given a team willing to help you push through :)

Advice to Management

Continue with incentives! Continue communicating to employees that you are willing to listen and help!
    I love gift cards :)

Nov 26, 2018 – COO

Thank you for your review!

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company Culture. Flexible hours is appealing. Senior Management is open to ides and innovation. Management works closely with staff and very helpful.

Company invests in employee growth through conferences, workshops and paid learning. Provides best infrastructure to work with.

Very progressive thinking company. Always works on improving processes

Cons

Health Insurance can be better

Nov 26, 2018 – COO

Thank you for your review! The balance between a robust benefits package and the cost of the beneifts can be tricky. Epitec is always investigating creative and innovative methods to minimize the... More

6. "Paid Frat Party"

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

Nice coffee machine I guess

Cons

Management makes employees write positive reviews, very close minded people, asked to follow unethical business practices, lazy training, empty promises, worst compensation in the entire recruiting field (if you don’t believe me apply literally anywhere else), random mass firing of employees, extreme favoritism

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire company or run fast this is a turn and burn factory

7. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super flexible work hours, great office space, awesome WFH policy, and I get to work with fantastic people!

Cons

It can be a bit chilly in the office.

"Epitec Placing People First"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Epitec full time for a year and a half. Epitec has great company culture and cares about their corporate and field employees. They are always changing and evolving to truly place their employees first, which is a great feeling. The hours are also excellent! They are always willing to help their employees grow. It is also really awesome to make an impact in peoples lives!

Cons

Industry changes and the ups and downs that come with that.

Nov 26, 2018 – COO

Thank you for your review!

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Epitec is a great company to work for! You can really tell they really care about their employees. They are always making changes to make your work place better and make sure you enjoy your job!

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Epitec but rather some difficulties you run into with the job. This is a very fast paced industry so you have to move fast if you want to find the best candidates before your competitors get to them.

"Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming in with some staffing industry experience, I find Epitec’s delivery process amazing. Epitec has awesome clients that make candidates excited to talk to you! The ATS is super easy to work with.. and honestly the best I’ve ever worked with! The leadership is super nice and they want to see you succeed.

Come in with a goal-oriented, competitive, work hard-play hard attitude and you’ll see success with Epitec!

Cons

The commission structure is not the best compared to some other agencies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!