Fanatics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fanatics CEO Doug Mack
Doug Mack

Pros
  • Dress code; Most of the employees are great to work with (in 28 reviews)

• The opportunity to really take care of customer needs, casual dress, (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Having a blast!"

Pros

While growing quickly brings on many challenges (mostly all good), we have something special going on here! The talent here, at all levels, continues to get richer. The key strategies have been identified, developed and communicated across the organization. The cross-functional collaboration improves every day and is creating incredible synergies. In my mind the culture is the best that I've ever been a part of and we're just getting started. I am grateful to be part of this awesome organization and knocking down challenges, every day, with this team provides incredible satisfaction. Yup, we talk sports all day, every day!!!

Cons

We have our share of challenges but the Pros FAR outweigh the cons!

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency. So important! Stay hungry....

"San Mateo, CA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fanatics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, high tech company in the heart of Silicon Valley, changing the way fans buy gear to support their favorite sports teams! Opportunity to work on the latest and greatest technology, while collaborating with amazing employees and having fun.

Cons

Lack of brand recognition, but the company has plans to increase brand awareness in 2017.

"Follow through"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fanatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Policies are fair, upper management is accessible when necessary. Leadership is in house so they are able to be contacted daily.

Cons

Does not follow through. Preaches growth and development but does not execute. People in positions doing multiple jobs but only being compensated for one. Does not use associates to their strengths.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Fanatics full-time

Pros

The company is rapidly expanding and provides numerous advancement opportunities. By in large, senior leaders make themselves accessible to employees and the business is not stifled by bureaucratic hurdles that exist elsewhere. If you are looking to work for an exciting rapidly evolving company, where employees have a direct impact on the bottom line and overall company performance, I cannot recommend a better place.

Cons

Since the business is relatively young and growing so quickly, you won’t find the same systems and processes that you might at other organizations. They are quickly looking to improve upon this but employees need to remain flexible, patient and understand that part of their job is going to be building and implementing some of the things they may have expected to be in place when they started.

Advice to Management

Continue heading in the direction you are. The renewed focus on employees and building a great place to work is a step in the right direction!

6. "Data Engineer"

I have been working at Fanatics full-time

Pros

Pretty good environment I think

Cons

More snacks would be much better!

7. "Buyer"

Current Employee - Buyer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Buyer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Fanatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing Company. Good People to work with

Cons

Growing pains and old systems

"Fan Advocate"

Former Employee - Fan Advocate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Fan Advocate in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Very easy job, was only hired for the peak season but I loved this job and if it wasn't for my transportation being down I would have loved to have continued my job here

Cons

None Great company I would refer this job to anyone

9. "Assistant Property Manager"

Pros

Fun atmosphere in a very fast paced industry. Lots of opportunity for travel and promotion within.

Cons

Company is expanding so quickly. Causing many shifts in power of upper management. Not a lot of communication with lower level staff.

10. "Fanatics"

I have been working at Fanatics full-time

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Fanatics is that it has a really great company culture. Really good benefits program as well.

Cons

For how large the company is, there is some room for improvement with the office space. It's a nice environment, but I do think we could invest in upgrading.

Advice to Management

Management that I work directly with is really great. I feel good knowing that if I ever have any issues or need to discuss anything, they are open.

"Worked at the company for 4 years"

I have been working at Fanatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced company. Company has drawling every year for peak season. Where they give away gift cards, TV's, sports packages. And such. They continue to make upgrades to the plant to improve employee comfort.

Cons

I have been an epic lead ( seasonal lead) for the past two years. I have had to train a full-time lead both years to take over my job. No one in upper management has the time of day to talk with you about your concerns. Human resources are not there for the employee they are there for the company. A lot of us were due for pay raises the first of December. We have yet to see them. But promised they will be on our next payday. Upper management changes all the time.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and what's going on in each department. Know who does the best job at leading a department correctly. Just because a person is in a full-time lead position does not mean they are the best suited for that position.