Hasbro Reviews

Updated May 18, 2020

3.6
Hasbro Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner
Brian Goldner
Pros
  • "Great benefits, wonderful chance to make an impact in the community, good people, half-day Fridays(in 82 reviews)

• "Very understanding of work life balance(in 44 reviews)

Cons

"An award-winning, best-company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong Executive leadership at the helm. Consistently recognized as one of the top most ethical companies in the world. Strong sense of Corporate citizenship. Very employee-focused, with a do-the-right-thing philosophy. Well-known, fun, products.

Cons

The toy industry is an ever-changing, fast-paced, dynamic industry, which can be volatile at times.

Hasbro2020-05-04
  2. "Hasbro Latin America is very disconnected from HQ values and vision"

2.0
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Hasbro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The vast majority of my coworkers were excellent people and very professionals. A few rotten apples like the trade marketing manager, but in general top class! - Office location was close to the airport. Very convenient when traveling like I did. - Toys discounts - Hasbro is a powerhouse in the toy industry and very soon in the entertainment industry as well. Very good name on anybody's resume.

Cons

- We went from bad to worse in a year!! From being led by a couple of self-centered machistas to being led by someone who is very focused on and rooted in Mexico with little vision of the region. An American office in Miami that is being run the Mexican way. Very discouraging for those of us who were making a career with a more global vision. - Hasbro in recent years has become a more progressive company. A company that understands the social changes that are taking place in the world and how these affect not only how businesses are run but also how they affect employees. However, these changes that are applied and encouraged from headquarters are not applied by the leadership in the Miami office. The are two parallel companies, one that sells you ideas of progressiveness (HQ) and the one that tells "they do not apply here" (Miami). Example; the dresscode. When you have a general manager that indirectly dictates how they should be dressing and if you don't follow, it affects your chances of promotion. On the other hand, the flexibility of working from home. Nowadays it should be an option, but when you have a leader who does not know how to manage based on results but on physical presence as a kindergarten, it is very difficult to believe that we are going for a progressive path at same pace of other trend setter companies. Don't get me wrong, in the Providence office you can have all those perks and benefits, but for the Miami office, it does not apply unfortunately! Very old school oriented! - I was hired in the US to work based in Miami, but for some reason, HR for the Miami office was in Mexico. So, if you're not there good luck!! Back when the machistas ruled the office, it was very difficult to address an issue because for the Mexicans that was the normal (the way leadership behave)

Hasbro2020-05-19

"Not what it claims to be"

2.0

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fun product, flexible hours, lots of vacation time if you can afford to take it

Cons

Don't be fooled by Hasbro's PR. CEO says no layoffs due to Covid but Hasbro laid off a bunch of people right before Covid and has regularly done big and small layoffs over the last several years. You are never safe no matter how much you contribute.  Hasbro is always advertising being an ethical company but that is very calculated. The company is unrealistic about revenue and has a conservative board of directors. Theyre always cutting people to keep their shareholders happy. And make SO many unethical staffing decisions. People who should be first to go are saved because of optics, for fear of liability or because they have political ties. Hasbro is so focused on their do gooder image, meanwhile many employees are treated horribly, with no career path and a lack of support from management. Many managers are incompetent or want to help but can't because they are trapped under incompetent or self serving senior managers.  The company is constantly restructuring and changing strategy and many layoffs dictated by senior management who is clueless about what smart, talented employees deliver while others are seriously underperforming. Some departments are given way too much credit and others who pull invisible weight are left out of the loop and slashed. Morale has been miserable for years, I know lots of people looking to leave first chance they get. The industry has been declining for a while and with the current hit to retail, the culture here will only get worse. Avoid working here if you can.

Hasbro2020-04-29
  4. "Best Job I've Ever Held"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, brands and benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Hasbro2020-04-07
  5. "I Love Working for this Company!"

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hasbro is a great company and really lives their values. From day to day commitments like eliminating plastic from packaging to how the company reacts during a crisis. During the COVID-19 crisis they are taking care of their employees. Everyone is being paid whether or not they are able to work. The company is continuing their philanthropic efforts with donations of money, toys and games to families and children in need. We have great people and a strong focus on relationships. I enjoy being part of my direct team as well as working with others in the organization.

Cons

Hasbro is a company where priorities can shift quickly and there can be a lot of ambiguity. This is great for people who enjoy change and don't require a lot of structure.

Hasbro2020-03-27
  6. "Family culture; Ambiguous Goals"

4.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Hasbro full-time

Pros

The company emphasizes company culture even across its' global offices. With the right manager, you will be guided in your career path.

Cons

Ambiguous goals and constant changes to product

Hasbro2020-03-19

"Suspicious a C-Suite Exec Only Lasted 7 Months"

I worked at Hasbro full-time

Pros

Half day Fridays and a ton of vacation time from the get go. Solid salary.

Cons

Red tape, operational dysfunction beyond what a typical worker should encounter, the good employees leave because their tolerance for ineptitude is lower than those who stay. Newer employees who have been employed elsewhere quickly realize what a mess this company is once they get down to business, which only fuels incredulous dissatisfaction and quickly leaving within a year or two. I know people who left with no job lined up because it was so bad. Older employees and those who have never experienced a true healthy workplace stay because they don’t know any better. It’s like some twisted Stockholm Syndrome thought process. I can’t imagine the layoffs that are going to occur because of the coronavirus impact - they’d already done layoffs twice in a period of a year and a half leading up to COVID19. I also find it telling that the company was parading around a new CXO hire in April 2019 like it was going to revolutionize and save the business yet they hadn’t even figured out how people would report into her and what the role would entail, and by October 2019, she was gone from the company. Whether she left because she was so unhappy with the realities of the dysfunction of this company, or because they said to her that her ability to actually work and try to change things for the better “wasn’t a fit”...that entire scenario is classic Hasbro.

Hasbro2020-04-04
  8. "Fun"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Hasbro part-time

Pros

Fun and good at listening

Cons

I have to have off weekends

Hasbro2020-03-06
  9. "Great place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work place and culture

Cons

Nothing Really to mention now

Hasbro2020-01-28

"Hasbro Latin America unqualified and worthless leaders"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good and supportive friends in the Miami office. They will run the extra mile in order to support and help you in bad times against the oppression and unfair situations. Interaction with major Global entertainment companies of the world gives you a great networking, strong background in licensing, product development, marketing and entertainment. Also gives you an Edge in the labor market. You will learn a lot, specially about how successfully launch products driven by entertainment and hot licenses

Cons

New senior leaders of the Lain America region are hugely under-qualified. I am ashamed about how noticeable are the lack of capabilities and very poor qualifications of our senior leaders. No qualifications whatsoever to lead a region. No organizational nor managerial skills. They do not care about people nor its development, they are only focused on Mexico. The HR department is a real joke. Suffice to say that it is not more than a well-paid group of clerks doing the errands from senior management. They have no leadership, influence or management power. The most not trustworthy team I have ever met. They are the perfect example of what an HR Department should not be. In the Latin America organization, if you are Mexican, you will do fine. If you are not Mexican, you do not have a career. Ethnic nepotism and bias at his highest expression. If you were lay off for low performance, it doesn't matter. If you are a friend of the current Senior Management team, they will hire you back. No integrity, no equal opportunities, no consistency, pure favoritism. This is the closest thing to a Mom & Pop operation. Recognition is very low and engagement is very poor. It doesn’t matter If you have the qualifications or several post graduate degrees. The senior leaders will always favor Mexico. Benefits are not good. After talking with friends working for a key global entertainment partner, benefits are much better in serious and reputable entertainment companies.

Hasbro2020-02-23