InsideView Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
InsideView CEO Umberto Milletti
Umberto Milletti

Pros
  • good work life balance and work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Good work culture, ethics & environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • lots of turnover in sales team, most experienced people left for greener pastures (in 4 reviews)

• No cons as such I am Happy with the company (in 5 reviews)

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Let me start by saying that I’ve been working at InsideView for a while. I’ve seen the company go through lots of different phases from getting funding to running at scale. It’s been a very fulfilling experience.

Biggest positive is company culture and freedom to operate. CEO has been passionate about building a great company with a great culture since day 1. He’s very thoughtful, asks good questions, and gives employees real opportunities to perform – success or failure.

Market opportunity is huge, though there’s a lot of competition. The product and marketing machine are strongest in the field, and the roadmap is full of innovative and interesting opportunities.

Cons

Distributed workforce (US and India) can pull at both sides of the clock if you don’t manage your time. (Somewhat inevitable in today’s global workforce.)

Recently there’s been a good bit of discomfort and unhappiness in the sales organization. New CRO is no nonsense, direct, and focused on business outcomes. The change is constructive and required… but change is hard.

Advice to Management

Don’t take your foot off of the gas. Stay focused on the business. Protect the culture.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some smart and talented people working at InsideView. The products are good and there is a high commitment to continuously improving the product and staying competitive.

Some leaders are doing a good job, particularly in Marketing. The CRO was brought in to do a difficult job and is making progress.

There is a fun happy hour every week and you are encouraged to attend.

The benefits are good and HR is always looking for ways to improve them.

Cons

Many of InsideView's management level employees (at all levels) lack basic managerial skills.. HR takes a hands-off policy when there is an issue between an employee and a manager.

The philosophy regarding annual merit increases is a bit unusual so be sure you ask about it before you accept a position.

The culture is not what it once was, as other priorities have taken precedence.

Inconvenient location.

Advice to Management

Institute a 360 feedback loop, but only if you're serious about listening to your employees and taking action to develop high quality managers.

Re-examine your core values to determine if they are still valid given all of the changes in the past year.

"Buyer beware not as promised"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and great location and snacks. A few people who really care work hard but they are the minority.

Cons

We just went through another round of layoffs so we are all feeling unmotivated. Both the sales and the marketing "leaders" are running the company into the ground and the CEO is missing in action. Some people write reviews to make the company look better than it is.

Advice to Management

Before you bring in other executives look closer to see if they build companies or blow them up.

"Past it's prime, mediocre product, cold CEO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InsideView was a place where you could do solid work, use your creativity, and have a decent work-life balance. There is a small core of smart, competent people at the company.

Cons

The company definitely is sliding downward toward failure, with a lot of grasping at straws lately. The "old guard" of original employees still cheerily chat and crack jokes while the company burns down around them. The product is weak. Super weak. A 'decent-to-have' at best, sales people have a tough time selling it, marketers have a hard time pushing it. Failure to invest in new innovation. The best talent has most definitely already jumped ship or been pushed out, the remaining team is in for a rude awakening - InsideView is failing.

Advice to Management

A cold, aloof CEO does not help the company. Slicing your headcount to make the company seem more profitable is a weak strategy. Innovate or die. Limping to the finish line with a lousy product? Lame.

6. "Good Company for everyone but not for me"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at InsideView full-time

Pros

Really exceptional working environment.
    Fun place as there are lots of initiatives taken from HR
    Competitive package

Cons

Support Team is not getting quality work

Advice to Management

Management is really excellent. Whatever they are doing is totally transparent.

"Customer Success"

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people who care about the work

Cons

No direction, CEO is a mime never talks. UNBELIEVABLE churn, I have been here 6 months over 28 folks have gone. Product has a new product release ever other year

Advice to Management

when i see them I'll update this post

"Struggling to see the light"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time

Pros

Cool locations SF and Austin TX, Product is feeling kind of old but that may change.

Cons

Very little investment in skills for employees
    They put reps into management positions without much direction and or any training at all. Then they are surprised with frontline management doesn't perform.
    Very little help from HR when there are major issues, they tend to turn a blind eye when executives misbehave.
    Leadership has disappeared completely
    Goals are increasing without the investment to get there. I guess Hope is a strategy at least here
    If you are thinking of joining I'd recommend you look at a viable startup, there are a ton of jobs and you would most likely be frustrated within a couple months with the politics this small place has.
    Does not feel like there is much of an exist strategy or a get better plan

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, stop putting the majority of investment in Enterprise they do not perform and do not have adequate leadership. Where is the leader for Customer Success?

9. "Right changes, Right culture, more exciting than ever"

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView (More than a year)

Pros

Working at InsideView has been the best job I have had.

In the 2 years I’ve been at InsideView, the software and services have a place in the market where we have a good reputation and where we are still unique. We provide value that the smart customers need and want. We're selling bigger deals now, given the new focus on solution selling and the enterprise.

Our leadership team is making decisions to really take us to the next level. Some of these are not easy, but it's encouraging to see them happening now.

As a member of sales, I am particularly happy to see a focus on winning. We had the best quarter ever in Q4 and then beat that in Q1 of this year. At our company meeting, managed share the success that the direct sales teams all had. This is really good news.

Pros: Leadership, culture, management shares a lot of important information, the new sales organization.

Cons

There are a few people who have not been able to adjust to the recent changes and their reaction has been to lash out with negativity and personal attacks. They are easy to spot and on my team, we are all happy to see them go.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

I am hearing a lot more about how we are doing, the company is talking about vision and thought leadership, we had the 2 best quarters in company history, and there is a new focus lead by the GFO to simplify and to win.

That is very positive.

InsideView Response

May 27, 2016 – VP HR

Great to read your perspective. Thank you. It feels good to be winning and part of a team that really cares about not only our outcomes, but about our culture as well. Glad you're part of the team. ... More

"Disappointed and Regret my decision to Join"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joining here is a good starting point if you want a technology career. Do not expect guidance or training everything you work for is on your own, which is not bad, but seems like the company could do more if people worked together.

Cons

Wow, where to start. The company has made some big changes and has gambled that they will pay off. Early indicators are they have not paid off and probably will not. I really liked it here up until end of Q1, my opinion is the company has become very political and many of us do not trust our leadership. I reviewed many of the Glassdoor 1-2 star reviews and they resonate as factual and what employees are saying every day here. When I read the 4-5 star reviews on Glassdoor they are a bit confusing because people don’t feel that way here, makes me think like other people have stated on other reviews they are being created to spin a positive note on a company in decline. Starting to have more Reviews than you have had employees, weird.

Advice to Management

With Microsoft buying Linkedin, I would image many of the execs will need to get their resumes sharpened up which really is not a bad thing.
    We need a leader to step up and be accountable to guide this company through transition, yet all the current leaders seem to be out for themselves. A lot of people are complaining about change, that is because the Execs do not know how or have the skill to manage change as they are rarely the leader just the title is all.

"Doing my best work"

I have been working at InsideView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture of no-blame and clear focus is allowing me to do my best work in a long time. I don't feel under scrutiny or that mistakes will be punished (most companies say mistakes are OK but it's not really true!). Given the situation, I am not inhibited, and can drive forward decisions, new programs, or simply be outspoken about something I'm concerned about.

Cons

There is a bit more collaborative decision making than I'd like.

Advice to Management

Pour even more energy into product innovation and bold competitive moves.

InsideView Response

May 20, 2016 – VP HR

Wow - really appreciate your support. And, so glad that you are experiencing the culture of no-blame, and that it's allowing you to really push the envelope. Thanks for the feedback on ... More