KellyMitchell Group Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2021

4.1
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder and CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford
Pros
  • "work hard play(in 16 reviews)

• "Quick turnaround, nice people to work with, great company(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor management, no work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "stressful, low pay, no work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KellyMitchell Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growth

Apr 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, a lot of opportunity to make an impact and get promoted quickly. The culture! My co-workers are awesome - humble, fun, hard working individuals. Co-workers naturally become friends. The earning potential and clients we work with.

Cons

Staffing can be a challenging industry, so you have to work hard. The uncontrollables of working with people.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to develop your skills

Apr 27, 2021 - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

KellyMitchell is a great place to start your career or develop further skills. They are very passionate about process and that's an invaluable skill regardless of what role you are in or where your career might take you down the road. The company is consistently evolving to meet the market needs and feedback from their team which is one of the major plus' to working at KM. As cliché as it might be, you will certainly meet some incredible people there and I personally can say I gained lifelong friends and mentors during my time there.

Cons

Because it's a smaller company, there will be times when it's all hands on deck, you get to work through those long days with people you genuinely like. Plus it also means you get exposure and experience in lots of things.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Energetic People and Growth

Apr 26, 2021 - Client Engagement Manager in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

A people-centric job. Love getting to meet with clients and build relationships. It’s fun networking and connecting with a variety of different people on a daily basis. It’s fast-paced which I like and transparent metrics from day one help a lot with motivation. Career growth. Cannot emphasize this enough. Columbus is a newer market for KM aka unlimited growth. Getting the chance to help pave the way as a CEM, build a book of business in an exciting area, and learn about leadership early on is really amazing. I can tell that the leadership team always has the best interest for the team and the amount of genuine support they provide is unmatched. Our Columbus director is one of the best in the industry with years of staffing experience and an awesome track record of team development and growing new markets. I feel very lucky to have this leader as my mentor who taught me the ropes. I like having the opportunity to move up the ladder, take on more responsibility, and get recognized for hard work not just in one market but company-wide. Friends! I love our close-knit team and have good friends even across different markets (so unique in my opinion). The high energy is contagious and we all bring our A game every day to crush goals. My teammates and I work very hard, but having a lot of fun is a big part of culture too! Achieving small or big goals never goes unnoticed. Celebrating everyone’s successes, feedback from management, happy hours, yearly incentive trip, all internal virtual meetings including our CEO, fun awards… etc. Better than average pay structure in staffing. The commission is uncapped from the beginning.

Cons

Long hours sometimes (not unusual in a sales job), but I’ll admit it’s always worth it and pays off.

4. 5.0

Earning Potential

Mar 15, 2021 - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

• The earning potential! - I’m motivated by money, so this has been a great for me. It’s a base salary + uncapped commission. As a recruiter, you start off at 5% commission and can quickly get up to 10%! Other staffing firms I interviewed with, you don’t even make commission until you hit your first promotion. We’re really busy right now, so there is so much opportunity to close deals. • Clear career paths – there are different routes you can go within recruiting, which I’ve appreciated! I feel like I’m working towards something. • Getting people jobs! - Yes, recruiting is sales, but it feels like a meaningful sales role! It’s such an awesome feeling to extend a job offer to someone and help change their life. • My team - Everyone is really positive, friendly, works hard, but also fun! So nice that co-workers are also friends.

Cons

• You have to work hard to be successful. Plain and simple. Recruiting can be overwhelming at first, but then it randomly clicks. Definitely have to have time management skills and stay organized.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work; even greater place to grow as an employee!

Apr 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with KellyMitchell now for almost 2 years, and I have nothing but positive things to say. There have been so many opportunities for me to grow within this organization, and I always feel supported by my co-workers. I would recommend working for KellyMitchell to anyone.

Cons

In the time that I have worked for KellyMitchell, I truly have not come across any cons. Just like any job, you can have your stressful days, but there is always going to be someone around every corner who will offer a helping hand.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to start your career!

Jan 29, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at KellyMitchell right out of school. It's a great place to get your career started and learn sales skills. You do have unlimited earning potential since you make a commission but it's a true statement when people say you get out what you put into this job. Since our account managers do such a great job of building our client portfolio you get to help recruit for some of the best companies out there. Before the pandemic, there were a lot of happy hours and social opportunities that really help build the KellyMitchell culture. During the pandemic, they have been pretty creative with things like Spirit Week, United Way Week, and most recently an all internal sales conference.

Cons

The beginning is the hardest part of this job so patience and perseverance is key. The training was helpful but you really don't get into it until you spend time actually doing the work. But once you've put in some hours you get into a groove you can really make some moves.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this company!!!

Feb 18, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth and lots of learning. You get tangible sales experience. It’s cool seeing your selling ability improve and your emotional intelligence increase over time, which is so valuable. People sales! You will never be bored. Dynamic and fast-paced, which makes it fun. You meet new people every day and build relationships. Management is great. Managers invest a lot of time and effort in your growth. You feel valued and trusted. Helpful check ins and you’re given support when needed. Big fan of the mentor program. The team! Social, friendly, and always sooo positive. The people here are encouraging and root for your success. Everyone’s friends and in constant communication with one another. Upward mobility. I love the different career paths offered. Internal promotions, personal shout outs/recognition, and financial growth (uncapped commission). All incentives to work hard.

Cons

In this industry, you have the autonomy to get rewarded based of your performance. There’s so magic formula. You’re going to get out as much as you put in, which is so motivating.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Top-notch company to work at!

Feb 23, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is the best. There's a positive morale with fun, high energy people here who build each other up. You get shout out's and recognition for successes. Management is so approachable with an "ask me anything" outlook. Really helpful. There's a big focus on professional development and mentor opportunities. You learn A LOT about sales! Great foot in the door if your new to sales like how I was. I'm still learning new things two years later. If you put the work in, you can achieve some great things financially. Uncapped commission is a big perk, as well as promotion incentives that motivate you to crush goals.

Cons

There are highs and lows in this industry of course, but you learn a lot about bouncing back from rejection and resilience in general. Good life skill. Just like in any sales job, it takes hard work but it's rewarding in the long haul.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love my job with a great team

Mar 23, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money incentives. You can make a lot financially. The team here. It's work hard play hard. I enjoy the energetic culture and people want you to succeed. Competitive in a way that makes you do better. Communication is open. Upper management is good at making sure everyone is on same page. Fun. A lot of interaction and connecting with people. Not a mundane job. Promotions. Strong work ethic is a must as a recruiter. You put that in and get ready for long term growth. You earn more responsibility.

Cons

In any job, you have to work hard. Might work some longer hours, but it truly pays off. There's always a reason to feel motivated.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome recruiters and support

Apr 22, 2021 - Full Stack Software Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people really care about the workers here. The support and communication is amazing.

Cons

No benefits to speak of really medically.

Be the first to find this review helpful