KellyMitchell Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

KellyMitchell Group Reviews

Updated April 12, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.3
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very understanding and easy to work with (in 5 reviews)

• Our work environment here at KellyMitchell is filled with eager professionals looking to grow their career (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Expected to stay "as late as you need to" in order to hit your numbers so don't expect any kind of work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• No cons, except when your contract ends (in 8 reviews)

1. "Bring it on!"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took a leap of faith coming to KM from a long standing career and couldn't be happier about the decision. I did it because of the connection I had in my interviews and the reviews I saw on here ... so hopefully this review helps others!

The culture here is great. They make sure to hire people that have the same drive as you. Keeps you motivated! The company is smaller but having a huge growth spurt ... you feel the impact that your role has. There is a lot of support from the director and VPs ... even the President and CEO. You feel the value of hard work. Take note - you get what you put in. The harder you work, the more it pays off. One review on here stated that and it couldn't be more true. I also read that this industry is pretty cut throat and this company makes it feel fun ... I also consider that to be very true!

Cons

Hard to think of any cons ...
    Since the company is growing so fast, I see some growing pains but nothing that can't be sorted out quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation, strategy, and support! Thankful for the open door as well.

2. "Technical Recruiter"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

People, Managers, Free Beer/ food

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, high rate of turnover

3. "4 years and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team, culture, and opportunity for growth are my favorite parts about working for KM! I love working for driven hard working individuals and my co-workers are some of my best friends. If you work hard, have a positive attitude, you'll go far!

Cons

None! I love it, that's why I'm still here!

4. "Great group to grow"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company over a year and have an amazing ride so far. They are growing rapidly and it is a great place to join right now. They do have high standards however if you focus and are driven you will grow here. The management is fun and they are open for all new suggestions brought to them.

Cons

None that I can think of so far! It's super fast pace so if you can keep up with that and thrive in that environment you will love it!

Advice to Management

Keep on growing :)

"Don’t be fooled"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to go to Chicago for training with all expenses paid, so I guess that’s the best part?? ?

Cons

Just stay away. Stay far away. Do your research before ever accepting a job with them. I was hired on for my outgoing personality and how well I fit with the team only to be fired 2 days later for the same reason. I was told my personality didn’t fit and that it wasn’t a good match........ I was legit fired for the same reason I was hired. If they don’t like you for one reason or another you’re fired just like that. They will make you fall in love with them at first, but do one bad thing and you’re gone. The best part is you won’t even see it coming. I wasn’t even given a chance to settle into the work area or even get to know my coworkers before they decided I wasn’t good enough. The company doesn’t care at all about its employees or its clients. Also if you have a second job, they are weird about you keeping it and will push to have you quit it, and constantly ask if you. Just do yourself a favor before you dive head first into this company is do your research and take the job offer some where else. Don’t be fooled, you’ll be fired before you know it here.

Advice to Management

Actually let your employees get use to the work area and the employees before you fire them.

"Not a place to grow a career"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

They have the right structure, and based on marketing to seems like a great place to work. The compensation structure is standard for the industry. They have good technology. Their training program is a week long, but run well run. They have good meeting structure. They are a growing company and trying to get their feet under them in a competitive market. There is growth potential.

Cons

Some of the leaders in the company lack basic professional respect. They hire fresh college graduates and run them through the grinder. The structure is designed for high turnover. Management openly gossips on floor. I found it toxic and knew my second day that it was not the type of culture I want to be part of. I left a very stable job to join their team. In the interview they made it seem like they had a larger company than they do. They let some employees work remotely and count it as branch locations (very misleading marketing choice). They require employees to fill out positive reviews on glassdoors. They list clients they are approved vendors for but with but have never actually done business with.

I felt very mislead by this company in the interview process. They sold the company well, but in training I found it extremely disappointing.

There are better staffing agencies out there( Kelly, Randstad, or AppleOne)

Advice to Management

Please think about investing in experience leadership, not SME's that had good metrics. If you want grow and inspire people to work hard for you, build a strong connect leadership team.

7. "Great Culture, Great Company!"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

The culture at KellyMitchell is the best I've experienced in a work environment thus far! We work hard, but have fun in the process. The positive energy is contagious, and we're growing at a rapid pace — I look forward to what's next to come!

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback at this time.

8. "Proud to say I work here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture! The organization is very reactive to this ever changing market and is transparent with the changes it makes to meet those needs. In the communities our offices are located KM has a great reputation and I am proud to tell people I work here.

Cons

Recruiting is not for everyone, and that can be hard to watch from time to time, so think about whether you're ready to make that commitment before starting. KM has a stellar training program though so if you're on the fence know they have the resources to help you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing you! We can all tell this is going to be a big year for us!

9. "I loved workig with KellyMitchell"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

Position with great company, good pay, recruiter touched base regularly

Cons

temp position, but no permanent pos available at the time

"Think before you work here ..Pay attention to the reviews PLEASE!"

Pros

If you are a favorite within the company the world is yours. If you are not- Sorry for you.

Cons

Absolutely horrid company to work for.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, its not all about money. Care about the employees.