KellyMitchell Group Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

3.6
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford (no image)
Cassandra Sanford
Pros
Cons
  • "No cons, except when your contract ends(in 14 reviews)

• "Work/life balance, pay, high rate of turnover(in 12 reviews)

1. "Great onboard experience"

Current Employee - Senior Cyber Security Risk Assessor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

everybody at KM has been so supportive and helpful to make the entire onboard process so efficient

Cons

nothing is negative so far.

KellyMitchell Group2020-05-27

"Terrible and Failing Company"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Young work environment - You get free drinks if you are into partying at work.. - Decent benefits package

Cons

- Always feeling like you and the people around you are on the chopping block - Work is your life, forget getting home on time and always having to come in early - Unrealistic goals - Training is terrible...simply sending people to slaughter hoping you figure it out - Lets go of 50% of workers within 6 months, be prepared to get a new job

KellyMitchell Group2020-05-21

"Advice for those new to staffing and the work force"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is not a job where you can work 9-5 and expect to be successful and make a ton of money, especially starting off. This is a job, unlike most, where you actually have control over how much money you want to make and you get to constantly see the value and effort you bring to the table. This is a performance and competitive driven job that requires grit and grind to be successful. If you're expecting immediate gratification, it will get hard for you but I'm not saying people haven't seen immediate success before, it's definitely possible. In LA, we're a fun group of individuals who work hard and are on the same page of wanting to be successful and MAKE MONEY. Because we're a small office, that gives more opportunity for you to ask questions, learn, be a sponge and grow quickly but you need to be fully invested and willing. In any job, if you work hard and prove yourself, you will be rewarded which is what I've experienced so far at KellyMitchell. Things do not just get handed to you, gotta earn it.

Cons

-Happy Hours/Team activities can be difficult due to how Los Angeles is laid out with traffic and commutes but we make do -Benefits/Perks could be better but they do get better as you continue to grow within the company. Sales Team do have great perks such as Car Allowance and such. -Would like to see more Job Posting capabilities on websites such as LinkedIn Jobs. Have had past success with job postings.

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-13

"First experience working as a consultant & can’t say I’d ever work for them again"

Associate Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

The recruiter I worked with was very responsive in the beginning. They do offer 5 paid holidays, you can accrue up to 10 PTO days in a year & you get 2 sick days. Insurance is also offered.

Cons

The compensation package was much less than others in the same position at the same place. 2 sick days a year is a joke! 5 holidays is nothing & accruing 10 days the first year takes forever! The health insurance is expensive. No matter which plan you pick...you have a high deductible. I pay almost $300/month for myself & I’m a healthy 30something. The recruiter became less responsive the longer I was at the client’s. Other vendor partners came regularly and gave their employees mugs or pens or treats for the entire office. Kelly Mitchell did none of that.

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-27

"Understand what you're getting into"

2.0
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

great coworkers locations youthful environment Fun events and outings

Cons

Forceful Management styles Wasteful use of resources Impatient business model TURN AND BURN

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-27
  6. "KM Changed My Life!!!!"

Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped commission $$, supportive & dialed in upper management, work hard/play hard culture, GREAT group of people to work with!

Cons

The lows are low (in any recruiting/sales job) but the highs are SO high :)

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-05

"Honest opinion"

Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

If you work hard and put in a lot of time, it should pay off once you get more traction. A lot of opportunity to make money. Good first job out of college. If you succeed here, it makes it easy to jump right in to your next job.

Cons

Management is very bias for the Chicago office. If they don’t like you, you won’t get any of the good requisitions. They will keep you on low level jobs and just wait for you to fail to fire you. They expect a lot of face time in the office. They do look down on employees who leave early (right at 5). Turnover is high because they fire, people quit, etc.

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-07
  8. "Opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Growing company…there is opportunity to move to different offices across the country! -Culture. Love my teammates. -You can make a really great living. I’ve been in non-commission roles where I had to wait each year for a raise. I like that I’m in charge of my own success, and if I work hard, I’ll see it in my paycheck. -Brand new office! Great location, super nice.

Cons

The labor market is tight right now, so as a Recruiter you have to be more creative on how you find talent....and move fast!

KellyMitchell Group2020-01-30

"Don’t Recommend"

Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at KellyMitchell Group

Pros

You have the opportunity to grow income by building commission

Cons

Lack of investment in people. Training is limited and continued education is not an emphasis. Career paths are there, but the process of advancing people is not always done with careful consideration. Lack of transparency and inconsistent messaging. Work environment is not always the most professional. As it stands today, I would not recommend someone pursue a position at KellyMitchell.

KellyMitchell Group2020-02-28

"Stay far away!"

Former Employee - IT Technical Recruiter

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work there are the only way you make it through this job. The only fun part is the constant drinking with employees.

Cons

The turnover is so high for a reason. The management is very unprofessional. They put all stress on you as the lowest position in the company. They lie and tell you what you want to hear just to make THEM money. 0 work life balance. Come in early, work through lunch, stay after work late, work when you get home, and work on the weekends. Was convinced this place was not what I heard about and they showed true colors quickly.

KellyMitchell Group2020-01-31