KellyMitchell Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture at KellyMitchell is the best I've experienced in a work environment thus far" (in 10 reviews)

• "Position with great company, good pay, recruiter touched base regularly" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expected to stay "as late as you need to" in order to hit your numbers so don't expect any kind of work/life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "No cons, except when your contract ends" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Proud to work here!"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

An honest review - I’ve been at KellyMitchell for almost a year now and I couldn’t be more thankful. As a recent grad, the transition from college to a full-time career here has been rewarding to say the least. To put it simply, I found my home. Leadership invests in employees' satisfaction and continuously strives to make sure that you’re growing personally and professionally. You get to know the executives on a personal level and they really acknowledge the hard work you’re putting in. Something that’s rare and unique in my opinion. Of course the industry comes with challenges, but with that being said, leadership does an amazing job of helping you achieve success. They truly take the time to develop you as a professional and want to see you grow within the company. In addition to great leadership, KM’s culture motivates you on a new level. Teamwork, open communication, positivity, and passion are all characteristics of work culture that are experienced on a daily basis. Everyone shares the same mindset of working hard, as well as having fun and building friendships with one another. It feels like a family here where you feel motivated to push yourself every day to be the best that you can be. Couldn’t be more excited for what’s to come!

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Ton of Opportunity!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, earning potential, and career opportunities! I've been working at KellyMitchell for a few years now, and I can honestly say I'm more excited about KM than I've ever been! I love being surrounded by motivated, hard working individuals, who aren't just co-workers, but also friends. It's a fast pace, competitive, rewarding environment. The earning potential is there, if you put the work in. Our commission structure is awesome compared to other staffing firms...trust me, I worked for a large competitor. Lastly - opportunity!! We're growing a ton, which means more leadership opportunities for internal employees. We're all very driven individuals, so we're looking for that next step in our careers, and KM offers that. Before I made the switch to KellyMitchell, I was looking for a company to grow with and call "home." I'm so grateful, I've found that with KM!

Cons

The staffing industry can be challenging. You're going to have some uncontrollable factors. So, you have to be able to think on your feet and come up with solutions.

Advice to Management

We're growing fast. Continue promoting from within and encouraging people to step up and become leaders.

3. "Competitive & Positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After reading some of the recent reviews, I felt compelled to write something honest. I have been working at KellyMitchell for a while - and yes, this environment is competitive, it can be tough at times, and it will challenge you - but these are not negatives in my opinion. These are just a few of the reasons why I love it here. I joined KellyMitchell because I wanted the challenge. I wanted to change and grow personally and professionally and I wanted to be financially rewarded for my hard work. I can truthfully say all of these things have come true. As we continue to add to our team, we look for people who are just as motivated and driven to make these positive changes for themselves. IT recruiting and sales is hard and it's not for everyone - and that's okay. But that doesn't mean that KellyMitchell is not an amazing place to start your career if you are willing to work for it! I am proud to say that I work with a killer team that doesn't settle for anything less than the best.

Cons

Nothing to share right now.

4. "This Is A Review That Should Be Taken Into Consideration"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

The only pro I can honestly put down is that I met some long lasting friends during my time at KellyMitchell.

Cons

My only regret in posting the below information is that I did not do it sooner. Anyone considering employment with Kelly Mitchell Group has the right to take the information below into consideration. Had a comment like this been posted previously, it would have saved me many months of turmoil working for this company.

Many of you, like myself, more than likely skim through reviews without taking them into too much consideration. My advice when reading this is to take it seriously and ask yourselves some important questions about what it is that you are looking for in a company and a team.

My experience with KellyMitchell was one that I am empowered to say I left far behind me. I am someone who always makes the best of challenging situations, which is why I stayed for longer than I probably should have. With that said, I have never gone through a more challenging experience working for this company or had to fight through such emotional exhaustion to keep afloat.

Working in sales and recruiting is already intense. There are companies out there that have a level of emotional intelligence and self awareness to keep their teams engaged and excited about their role, despite the pressure sales and recruiting teams already naturally face. Unfortunately, how you are treated at KellyMitchell depends on the dollar sign hanging over your head and quite frankly how easily your are molded into their culture.

With that said, KellyMitchell takes pressuring their employees to the next level, as true masters of utilizing fear and threat tactics to keep their “beloved team” in check.

While there are always people in a company that have bright lights to shine and kindness in their heats, the majority of leadership in this company does not rise to these standards of human decency and dignity. To summarize, my experience of KellyMitchell’s leadership, which will make or break your experience working for any company, was oppressive, manipulative and without a doubt completely unacceptable.

This company will always have to have someone they are targeting, the question is will it be you or your peer sitting next to you?

It’s a roll of the dice if you decide to join, but rolling the dice on your career and future is never a risk that should be taken.

Advice to Management

You can either take this information and choose to look within to see where you may have gone wrong or not. It is truly your loss if you don't because you will continue to lose great people.

5. "Mediocre"

Former Employee - Client Engagement
    Former Employee - Client Engagement

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-good investment in tech
    -good marketing materials
    -great well-known national accounts to service

Cons

-majorly hierarchical; there is an inner circle who keeps the company on track but hinders further development
    -zero transparency
    -toxic leadership

6. "Not be honest to you"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

The recruiter I met is good for quick response

Cons

Not tell the truth to you.
    They always do everything for their own benefits without considering about your situation.
    If you need VISA support, don't chose them.

7. "Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tech environment
    CEO and President are awesome
    Sales incentive trip
    They pay for parking in some cities
    Insurance has gotten better, still not top tier

Cons

They promise “training” but it is a 3 day program in Chicago then they throw you to the wolves
    Working through lunches is expected
    Staying late to hit numbers is necessary
    Have to always be on with no work life balance
    Having to meet people in person for a “culture” check instead of submitting someone based on skill set
    If you’re not apart of the inner circle, then you won’t make it
    By trying to be the fastest growing recruiting firm, they plow through sales and recruiting individuals instead of taking time to train
    No 401k match, NOTHING but they kept telling us it was coming

8. "Mean Environment"

Pros

Lots of young people. Great location.

Cons

When first starting to work at this company, I was so proud. Seemingly great environment. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely amazing people like the CEO, but there are also cruel people. My interview here seemed extremely judgy with questions like “how can you work against your physical disability” “were you born like that” i should have taken it as a red flag. After working here, it seemed like “I wouldn’t qualify for benefits” because I’d be “expensive”, I also found out others were being paid more... etc. I was overworked to no end despite having a family. Everyone would leave and I was told I had to stay late (even if my work was complete). hands down the most hurtful environment ever.

Advice to Management

For one: weed out the employers that are discriminating, weed out the ones who openly talk badly about the disabled. There are great people in this company, but it’s important to have a conversation with the ones that aren’t. In a country that’s a melting pot, you’re going to come across diverse people. Accept them, treat them the same, we have a voice and talent too.

9. "Employee friendly company to work with"

Current Employee - Tabular Cube Developer in Factoria, WA
    Current Employee - Tabular Cube Developer in Factoria, WA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people. My queries is answered right and then. Takes care of employee satisfaction!Love to work with the KM!!

Cons

Not faced any downsides yet

"Hollie and Lizzie were amazing! Very thorough and consistent with the on boarding process!"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast and smooth on boarding!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

No advice needed everything was perfect.