KellyMitchell Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
KellyMitchell Group Co-Founder & CEO Cassandra Sanford
Cassandra Sanford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture at KellyMitchell is the best I've experienced in a work environment thus far" (in 9 reviews)

• "Very understanding and easy to work with" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Expected to stay "as late as you need to" in order to hit your numbers so don't expect any kind of work/life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "No cons, except when your contract ends" (in 9 reviews)

"Worth the work"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The St. Louis office - yes, we are all competitive, but I have never had a more supportive group of coworkers. We are constantly striving to beat goals week over week and helping our teammates get there. Plus, we like each other enough to spend time together outside of work, which says a lot.

The culture - KM is full of fun loving, hard working individuals. It's fast paced day in and day out but the rewards are worth it. There are happy hours, team celebrations, and even a sales incentive trip at the end of each year for the top performers.

The commission structure - there is SO much potential to make money. It is all about how much work you want to put in, but having that type of control of your paycheck is pretty cool.

Networking opportunities - I have met so many people through KellyMitchell that I never would have otherwise.

Cons

I feel like the cons are just the industry itself, not anything that KellyMitchell can control. Our jobs rely on people, and people are very unpredictable. So a lot of your success lies on if you can make connections with people who may not want to give you the time of day off the bat.

Also, it is hard being in sales and having to be "on" all the time - even if you are out celebrating a great week with your team you may feel like you still have to be "on" in front of your bosses.

Advice to Management

Keep loving your people. You have a really talented staff who care a lot about succeeding in their jobs, and the acknowledgement (especially from upper management, even just a "congrats" email) will go a LONG way.

2. "Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

They occasionally have fun social events

Cons

If you are looking for a career where you can grow, learn and make an impact DO NOT work here. The leadership team at this company only cares about the bottom line. They hire people quickly and fire them even faster as a trial and error in new markets. They have no compassion and do not care how it might impact someone's career or ability to make a living. During the interview process they make you think that they care about their employees but if you are not immediately a top producer you will be fired. They lie to clients to say they have more offices than they do, they lie about the number of consultants they have billing, they lie about every aspect of their business to get more money. The whole company is built on smoke and mirrors.

Advice to Management

Show some compassion, invest in people for the long term, change your hiring practices.

3. "Awesome Onboarding Team and Experience"

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is very responsive and attentive to your needs. They were there every step of the way and answered all of my questions in a timely manner.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Jen, Jordan, and Lizzie are keepers! They were very professional in handling my onboarding. Thank you for employing such exemplary employees!!

4. "Receptionist"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

Wonderful work environment with friendly staff

Cons

There are no cons so far

"The Green Koolaid is poison... #avoidthegreen"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

Since they are so small, you do have a number of opportunities to grow your career. BUT all of those opportunities are at a cost. They do have VERY boozy after hour events and trips. So if you are into that... and being forced to drink and stay out... it's a perfect fit. Also, if you're in STL or Seattle, you have a higher likelihood of being successful because that's all they focus on.

Cons

It's constant chaos. The changes are never-ending because they just cannot figure out (after 20 years) how to run their business. The management is a joke and their revenue is declining year over year. Employees sacrifice their lives, time with their family and happiness in order to grow within the company ONLY to be "laid off" when the next round of changes come. There are only a select few that have stayed with the company and even they (with a couple glasses of wine) will express their unhappiness. They expect you to bleed "KellyMitchell Green" but no one cares about anyone but themselves. Also, they are very ANTI- family ... for a woman owned company, they do not care at all about working mothers.

Advice to Management

Stop telling your employees to write good reviews, it's pathetic and obvious. It might be a good time to be sold, your irrelevant and not competition to anyone.

"Outstanding Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

I think the downright best aspect of Kelly Mitchell is the sheer amount of opportunity we provide to our employees. New employees can expect a promotion in their first year with the company, and whether that's up the recruiting career path or into outside sales is up to each individual! We have so many fortune 100 and 1,000 accounts that our recruiters get to recruiter for and our sales people get to sell into and that list is growing every day. We offer commission to all recruiters the minute they walk in the door, where many staffing organizations require recruiters to make a certain number of placements before earning commission. Also, it is a very vibrant company to work for. We hire the most motivated and dynamic individuals for our team which fosters a unique and fast paced environment. Also, we look within first when making internal promotions to leadership!

Cons

We have a very high bar for the talent we hire! If you are motivated, hard working, dynamic, and fun then we want to talk to you!

Advice to Management

Keep making promotions from within!

"Technical Recruiter"

I worked at KellyMitchell Group full-time

Pros

People, Managers, Free Beer/ food

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, high rate of turnover

"Bring it on!"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took a leap of faith coming to KM from a long standing career and couldn't be happier about the decision. I did it because of the connection I had in my interviews and the reviews I saw on here ... so hopefully this review helps others!

The culture here is great. They make sure to hire people that have the same drive as you. Keeps you motivated! The company is smaller but having a huge growth spurt ... you feel the impact that your role has. There is a lot of support from the director and VPs ... even the President and CEO. You feel the value of hard work. Take note - you get what you put in. The harder you work, the more it pays off. One review on here stated that and it couldn't be more true. I also read that this industry is pretty cut throat and this company makes it feel fun ... I also consider that to be very true!

Cons

Hard to think of any cons ...
    Since the company is growing so fast, I see some growing pains but nothing that can't be sorted out quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the motivation, strategy, and support! Thankful for the open door as well.

9. "4 years and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team, culture, and opportunity for growth are my favorite parts about working for KM! I love working for driven hard working individuals and my co-workers are some of my best friends. If you work hard, have a positive attitude, you'll go far!

Cons

None! I love it, that's why I'm still here!

10. "Great group to grow"

I have been working at KellyMitchell Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company over a year and have an amazing ride so far. They are growing rapidly and it is a great place to join right now. They do have high standards however if you focus and are driven you will grow here. The management is fun and they are open for all new suggestions brought to them.

Cons

None that I can think of so far! It's super fast pace so if you can keep up with that and thrive in that environment you will love it!

Advice to Management

Keep on growing :)