- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Lafayette, CA
- - Oakland, CA
- - Virginia
- - Richmond, VA Area
- - Richmond, VA
Found 100 of over 101 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about LendUp? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with LendUp employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "It's amazing to see so many passionate people disrupting an entire industry for the better." (in 13 reviews)
- "The company and culture are great." (in 10 reviews)
- "The company has a great mission and could provide real help to people who need it, if leadership could focus and execute." (in 8 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 8 reviews)
- "Unbelievably smart and driven coworkers." (in 6 reviews)
- "ups, work/life balance is challenging but it's not impossible." (in 6 reviews)
- "Embarrassing low pay" (in 5 reviews)
- "I still believe the future is bright for the company but it's unfortunate we lost some good people from CI (most left before a year) who left disgruntled and bitter at management." (in 4 reviews)
- "It's not just about a base salary." (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 6, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people to work with
Not enough resources for such big goals
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 25, 2022 - Customer Operations Specialist in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay and benefits for the work.
Pandemic and other factors compromised stability.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
free lunch at one point, macbooks, offsites
many cons, mismanagement, big egos, no clear direction or way to get things done
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The mission, and some of the team.
-The CEO has a grudge against people who worked at the first version of the company and takes it out on everyone who works at the second version of the company. Instead of taking responsibility as a company for past mistakes they throw the founders under the bus which makes for bad morale. -The Customer Service team was expected to be seen and not heard. While the rest of the company was encouraged to ask questions during all hands, the CS team was told to run questions past their direct managers first. This most likely to the CS team asking hard questions the CEO and COO didn’t want to answer. -CS team was a very close group, CEO and COO didn’t like that and tried to punish CS for it. -The HR team has the highest turn over in the company -The CEO doesn’t seem to care at all about the company only their ego. Any meeting or diversity celebration they turn the conversation to be about themselves. Not something you want to see from a leader of your company. -The company is not transparent at all, they don’t mention when people are hired, re hired or leave. They act like it’s a huge secret which is weird and again is horrible for morale.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company has a great mission and could provide real help to people who need it, if leadership could focus and execute.
To start with, don't bother working here if you are Jewish. I had to deal with more snide remarks and "jokes" there than anywhere else. Including from C level executives. It's a serious problem, especially for a company that broadcasts their commitment to diversity. Leadership, from C level down to project management, can't seem to focus or execute. Things like plagiarizing your competitor's marketing seems to be fine with everyone.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 25, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people, great mission, good culture
High pressure, too many on call pager duties
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 30, 2020 - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good work life balance daily and
team size and considering expansion
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Neat product and mission. Services a consumer group that is often ignored.
Way too much focus on mission statements, core values, lunch, happy hours. Very little focus on business. Extremely high turnover. There is no institutional knowledge because every one is new.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Ability to learn across deparments
right next to bart stationContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 17, 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits Free lunches People here are mission driven Managers are motivated to help people improve and do their best Fun events to attend every month or two
There has been a lot of turnover in the past year
LendUp Reviews FAQs
LendUp has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 101 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at LendUp to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 26% over the last 12 months.
59% of LendUp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LendUp 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.