LoopUp Reviews | Glassdoor

LoopUp Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

3.7
LoopUp Co-CEOs Steve Flavell & Michael Hughes (no image)
Steve Flavell & Michael Hughes
Pros
Cons
  • "Its a small, but fast growing company so there are a lot of trial and error and changes in processes so sometimes it gets confusing(in 5 reviews)

• "As part of a growing company, there's a lot of work to do(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at LoopUp full-time

Pros

Staff and CEO are awesome to work for and with

Cons

Not many cons it was a great working experience

LoopUp2020-02-26
  2. "Good starting job."

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at LoopUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, good company culture, fun environment.

Cons

Growing company, difficulty to accrue commissions.

LoopUp2020-01-23
  3. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at LoopUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. The Co-CEO's are approachable and invested in the success of their employees.

Cons

Management is spread thin.

LoopUp2020-01-05

"Great People, Poor Model/Management"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at LoopUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

The co-CEOs are extremely smart, personable, hands-on leaders. There are brilliant C-level executives in this company that all offer intricate views on sales training, goal setting, methodical selling, relationship building, company growth, culture etc. I learned so much from them in a short amount of time, and the takeaway value in that alone, will remain to be a huge asset I will carry throughout my sales career.

Cons

The problem with LoopUp, is it all falls apart in the United States. Communication with your supervisors can be almost impossible. You're not heard, your problems are never addressed. HR is a mess that helps with literally nothing. There's no support. No one seems to care. And the way they have designed selling to work, only works if there's camaraderie between you and the other sales executives. If there's any sort of personal issues, it makes your job almost impossible. The pod mentality is supposed to be beneficial to everyone, but in realty, it slows down your drive, can get in the way of a successful closing, and like I mentioned before... If there's conflict, there's no real resolution. If your team members want you to fail (for personal reasons, or out of the nature of being a competitive sales executive and taking the credit), you will. There's no way to avoid sabotage of a sale because of how reliant you are forced to be with your other pod members, or members of another pod in a competing territory, even. If you're different than your pod, and they don't like you, you're out. It doesn't matter if you're good at your job. Another major issue, is the competition between territories. Again, not something LoopUp planned on being a problem, but it is. I had to fight for the meetings I booked with major executives that reached out to me, and lost several potential enterprise accounts because I had to include someone from a different territory on my meetings. LoopUp has great intentions and ideas when it comes to expansion design and culture, but the execution isn't there.

LoopUp2019-11-07
  5. "Great culture and even greater opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LoopUp full-time

Pros

-The people are fun and kind. Everyone is willing to help move towards a common goal. -Work is interesting and challenging. -ELT has a good mix of leaders who have been there from the beginning and relatively new leaders with diverse experiences. -Global Company. Not only can you work with people in different parts of the world, but if you prove yourself there is opportunity to relocate. -SNACKS! -The offices in WeWork are dog friendly! We even have a Loop-Pups Slack channel where we share cute/funny photos of our furry friends. -Management cares about the individual. Will make decisions that are holistic for the employee and the company. -Sky is the limit on performance! If you want to knock it out of the park and take on new challenges, there's room to do that. Leadership supports growth. -Management supports work-life balance! This is the only job where I went on vacation and was left alone and my inbox didn't get out of hand. My team covered and I came back to a reasonable workload.

Cons

-Being on the London Stock Exchange can add pressure at times. -If you aren't a hard worker, this isn't the right fit for you. People who hustle move quickly and people who don't won't last. -Being a distributed workforce can make it difficult to feel part as one company. -As part of a growing company, there's a lot of work to do. It can feel like a lot at times, but management does a good job of helping you prioritize.

LoopUp2019-09-10
  6. "Good paying entry level position"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at LoopUp full-time

Pros

Good coworkers, pay, and benefits

Cons

Cold calling and the bonus structure

LoopUp2019-09-19

"Straightforward Sales Position"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate

I worked at LoopUp full-time

Pros

Great upward mobility for the sales track for company is growing quickly

Cons

Less than market wage for San Francisco

LoopUp2019-08-13

"Absolutely abysmal"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LoopUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

-honestly, if you get hired here you will discover quickly that there are none

Cons

-Any 5 star review written about this company is either written by moronic employees of this company itself, or someone so new that they have yet to discover the complete utter disgrace this company truly is -Listen to every single 1 star review you see, they are 1,000% correct and spot on with regard to the Mt. Everest of dysfunctional issues this company has -Do not listen to any 5 star reviews, there is a reason there are so many horrifying reviews on this company so do not give in to fake ones written by management of this catastrophic company

LoopUp2019-09-05

"Great Company & Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LoopUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great experience so far. Went through an accelerated sales training process following a big career change. -Room for quick growth. -Management is helpful and wants to see you succeed.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time.

LoopUp2019-06-04

"Great Opportunity, Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LoopUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined LoopUp 7 months ago, and have had a wonderful experience so far. Management is extremely hands on in training, and equip you to succeed. There are so many great opportunities for professional development and growth.

Cons

Nothing of note so far

LoopUp2019-06-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 67 reviews