KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lower Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2021

Found 322 of over 334 reviews

4.5
Pros
  • "A very positive work environment(in 22 reviews)

• "fast-paced, quick career progression, great culture(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The 401k match program is very low(in 19 reviews)

• "You will start off as an Account Manager where you don't really manage any accounts(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lower and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to work

Mar 18, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lower.com wasn't named the best place to work for no reason! Everyone here is rooting for you and pumping you up on a daily basis, always thinking of ways to have a ton of fun and all in all just amazing people! Lower.com understands having a work life balance, they offer competitive pay, a lot of opportunities for promotions and endless ways to grow!! I can't say enough about this company!

Cons

We need a bigger office for everyone to be together since we keep growing :)

Benefit & Experience Manager

Thanks for the great review, we couldn't be best place to work without our team! We are definitely looking forward to when our team can be back together!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome

Sep 14, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love it. Great place to be

Cons

None. I do not have any.

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love it here, too!

3. The latest conversations about Finance

4. 5.0

Fast paced

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Loan Advisor in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love it here. There is the ability to be promoted quickly as the company explodes in growth. Really great to come into work everyday. I'm encourage to make my own decisions when it comes to lending products for different clients; no drinking kool-aid or cookie cutter products. Unlimited, in-bound leads make generating business awesome as customers look for what products we offer to help them get into new homes. 100% would recommend coming here to work.

Cons

Sometimes almost too busy at times but guess it comes with the territory of the company. Not mad about a growing company though!

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear you love coming to work every day; we do, too! We love to empower our team members to help them succeed and appreciate all the work you do to help customers with their biggest life transaction.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Employer

Sep 9, 2021 - Loan Advisor in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has put a lot of time and money into leads and ops which allow me to focus on sales. There are also a lot of opportunities to maximize career and income growth. The sky is the limit here.

Cons

None outside of typical growing pains that come when a company grows this big this fast.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. You're right, the sky is the limit! We value our culture and customer experience tremendously and will definitely continue investing in those areas.

6. 5.0

Good Place to Work

Sep 14, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

A positive atmosphere full of teamwork. Lower provides excellent training and access to resources to help you do your job.

Cons

Downsides are similar to any sales role, some pressure and compensation may not be consistent from quarter to quarter

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We agree - our team makes this such a great place! We know the stakes are high and appreciate our team working with such care to help our customers on the biggest purchase of their life.

7. 5.0

Great Culture

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upbeat, positive and inclusive culture!

Cons

Benefits could be better overall.

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our culture is unmatched!

8. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work

Sep 13, 2021 - Assistant Vice President of Heroes in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working for Lower. There is so much opportunity for growth. I started out as a temporary employee in July 2020 and am not in a management position overseeing over 30 team members. The culture is phenomenal- I come in each day excited to be around my coworkers and get to work. Upper level management is really tuned in and responsive. Overall, I absolutely love working here and have referred several friends and family members.

Cons

The retirement plan isn't the best, but the insurance, pay and time-off more than make up for it in my opinion.

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We love to hear about your successes and growth! Our culture make this a great place to work and we know that starts with you and all of our team members.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place for growth

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Loan Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

You couldn’t ask for much more when it comes to culture. The transparency from upper level management about having a work hard, play hard culture feeds directly into this. Compensation for those who work hard. If you come into work ready to produce you’re paychecks will show. Leadership is taking this place in the right direction. With the partnerships, or transparency for where this company is going is a plus.

Cons

401k match is low Benefits

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We love to work hard and play hard! Great way to put it :) Our leaders truly care about what's best for both the team and our customers!

10. 5.0

Working with the best

Sep 14, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here at Lower they teach you to be self functional and to be able to handle the biggest challenges and turn them into great accomplishments. They teach you different ways to help our borrowers in the most efficient manner and let each individual be themselves.

Cons

There are no cons here at lower.com.

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We think you hit it right on the head; we love to empower our team to succeed and assist our customers with the biggest purchase of their lives!

11. 5.0

Great Culture with Tons of Growth Potential

Sep 13, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great commission incentives -Guaranteed base salary -Weekly trainings -Fun and supportive culture -Down to earth leadership -Young company with a large amount of leadership opportunities Overall, if you're willing to put in the work at Lower, you will be compensated well and promoted quickly. You get out what you put in

Cons

No cons to report on Lower.

Lower Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love our culture and know all of these things lend to it, so we're happy to hear you love it, too!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 322 Reviews