Lower Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.8
Pros
  • "A very positive work environment(in 22 reviews)

• "fast-paced, quick career progression, great culture(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The 401k match program is very low(in 19 reviews)

• "You will start off as an Account Manager where you don't really manage any accounts(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great place to work

Mar 18, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lower.com wasn't named the best place to work for no reason! Everyone here is rooting for you and pumping you up on a daily basis, always thinking of ways to have a ton of fun and all in all just amazing people! Lower.com understands having a work life balance, they offer competitive pay, a lot of opportunities for promotions and endless ways to grow!! I can't say enough about this company!

Cons

We need a bigger office for everyone to be together since we keep growing :)

Lower Response

Benefit & Experience Manager

Thanks for the great review, we couldn't be best place to work without our team! We are definitely looking forward to when our team can be back together!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture and Fast Growing! Lots of Opportunities!

May 11, 2021 - Vice President Sales in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing culture with a ton of opportunities! Not often you can start at a company that is on the rise and put yourself in a situation to climb the ladder quickly. Perfect spot to start / build your career. With the growth, the company still has a small feel to it and the upper management / CEO will make sure that continues moving forward. Not to mention devote as much time to developing employees with the amazing training department.

Cons

The mortgage industry can be demanding, but the culture at lower makes it enjoyable!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unlimited Opportunity

May 10, 2021 - Senior Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here. There is phenomenal opportunity here for your own personal earnings and also for professional growth. The culture is unmatched. The work you do is rewarded for putting in more time than is needed but the company stresses work-life-balance too. If you ever want more to learn or take on new challenges, they will challenge you to grow; which is awesome.

Cons

There is a TON to learn. But this is more of an industry thing and not a Lower thing. Be prepared to learn a lot. However, there is a powerful team of knowledgeable leaders who will teach you anything you need to know. The first year will challenge you but if you can succeed, you will be amazed at all that you can do.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great company with excellent leadership

May 5, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many positive things I can say about this company. They truly treat you like a person, not an employee. Leadership is all about collaboration and ideas and they don't just listen they actually implement them. The office environment is second to none, it's very fun and expansive. It's a challenging company due to the pace and ingenuity around every corner, the industry is ever changing in itself but this company strives to be the leader of change, which makes this place exciting to work for. If you are willing to work and apply yourself the opportunities for your career are endless at Lower.

Cons

Not many cons, you need to have the time to devote to your career. If you put the hours in the sky is the limit.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee

Great ideas, iffy execution

May 12, 2021 - Loan Concierge in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

High care for jobs, most employees enjoy their work and come ready to be a part of the team. Pay is decent and the room of growth in career is present and expected. Most employees are on track to keep moving forward. They want to be the best.

Cons

Communication is rough. From the beginning, expectations (outside of expected performance metrics) are not clearly defined. Training is minimal and even though leaders go through a training course, it's very obvious that many of the managers are young with little experience. Things change at the drop of a hat and when questions are presented, they go unanswered or skirted around. As an hourly employee, you are expected to use PTO any time you are not in the office at expected hours. Jobs that can easily be done (well) remotely are not encouraged to be done WFH. Culture in the office is very boys club centric. They do not execute ideas well to actually be the best because it's like no one is on the same page.

6. 5.0

Full Transparency

May 10, 2021 - Mortgage Loan Officer in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Workplace takes a lot of pride in explaining business decisions and how they affect employees - environment is the opposite of cutthroat. Everyone who floats to the top is intensely self-driven and there are very rarely people on your team who aren’t willing to help the last person out.

Cons

Training for new employees has changed significantly in the last year, which is fine, but expectations should be communicated to all staff accordingly. A big part of the culture is referrals and making sure that people are included, so anything to help new hires on the floor would help as the company grows.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company, Questionable Management

Apr 28, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun work environment! - Coworkers are your friend! Great people to work with and make the job enjoyable - Always great/ fun events happening! - Growth opportunities to a certain extent. Operations is constantly getting promoted, but once you hit Loan Officer, there isn’t much room for growth after .

Cons

- Management’s only concern is growth. They haven’t been focused of developing their current leaders and in result, leaders aren’t given the opportunity to gain new interpersonal skills. -Watch out for Favoritism!! Management definitely has their favorites! Certain people are given more opportunity within the company which is often times unfair. - Forced office to come back in a pandemic. They did not take COVID-19 serious at all. People ultimately were forced to come back to work. -Lack of diversity and inclusion. Growth is great, but they’re always hiring your typical “frat boy” . Also, a lot of friends, families, couples and spouses work here which cause a immature and sometimes messy work environment!

1 person found this review helpful

Lower Response

HR Manager

We’re on a mission to optimize homeownership on a large scale and to accomplish our goals we are adding to our team. That growth has allowed new leaders the opportunity to step into management roles. You may not see this but we conduct multiple weekly leadership trainings tailored to new and up coming managers, experienced managers and our executive team. Growth isn't always easy, but we're committed to developing our employees to make it possible. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and providing your feedback and advice.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture to be Apart of...

May 10, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management team has to be the biggest benefit of working with Lower.com. From onboarding, preparing for the NMLS exam, and training as a Loan Advisor. It's never felt that you were doing this alone. I love the open door policy both from my VP, and RVP with questions. The culture this company has created is rare, there's a lot of positivity and people wanting you to do well. We get to help accomplish people's dream which is to buy a home.

Cons

Don't have any cons that I can think of.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

May 10, 2021 - Loan Advisor in New Albany, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Work Schedule Great environment Relaxed young professional environment Accommodating to our newborn/Family situation

Cons

Benefits could be better for those with a family

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Company Review

May 10, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Starting Base Salary + Uncapped Commission (unlimited earning potential) - Casual work environment - fun/young company culture - Out of the office work events (happy hours, company outings, field days, etc.) - No prior mortgage experience required, excellent training program made for employees with No Mortgage Experience and those with Years of Mortgage Experience.

Cons

- Long work hours but it will directly affect your paycheck, so it's not all bad.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 249 Reviews