Found 1,230 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Mattel
What company or companies need a marketing makeover and why? I specifically think of Gap hoping that Mattel’s former president becoming their new CEO would help resurrect Gap like Mattel was post Barbie movie. I also wonder if the two companies partnering together in I believe April helped speed up the career switch for the former Mattel exec as he left in July right after the movie came out. Interested in what everyone else thinks.
Hello everyone. I want to apply for a job at McCain Foods, Matel or Canadian tire. I’m looking for Assistant or Associate Brand Manager roles and I don’t receive calls back when I apply thru their websites. I just want a quick chat with someone to grow my networking, learn how is the culture and potentially get and interview and get hired.
Got a burning question about Mattel? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Mattel employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Mattel has great people and a fun environment overall due to the nature of the products you make." (in 169 reviews)
- "Quality people good benefits and half day Fridays all year long." (in 155 reviews)
- "Good work life balance (half day off every Friday)" (in 72 reviews)
- "Good pay and a lot of overtime" (in 51 reviews)
- "very dynamic and changing environment that has a great culture." (in 48 reviews)
- "Management is clueless and has no plans for success." (in 58 reviews)
- "Lots of layoffs and changes in strategic direction" (in 46 reviews)
- "No new ideas from upper management and corporate mismanagement." (in 29 reviews)
- "with the constant change of leadership no plan can take root." (in 29 reviews)
- "Marketing and senior management are bloated." (in 15 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mattel and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 29, 2023CopywriterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEl Segundo, CA
Amazing work-life balance, fun and fulfilling work, flexible schedule, unlimited PTO, great benefits, collaborative and friendly colleagues... and free barista-made coffee!
Threat of layoffs can loom depending on the year Pay should be increased to reflect recent inflation and cost of living
- 3.0Sep 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Since the company is family oriented, there is a good amount of holidays at the company (i.e. 4 day labor day weekend/easter weekend) - (Before the return to office mandate) there was flexibility especially when work from home was more prevalent - Some learning opportunity
- Returning to office 4x a week: incredibly huge con. The company preaches "flexibility" but clearly they're not being flexible. So many employees have moved/started at the company during it's purely remote work and all live far. Ridiculous for the company to expect 4x a week in office. Leadership is not flexible at all and clearly favors those who are more committed to returning to office - No actual promotion path or clear direction from leadership. Lots of beating around the bush and excuses from leadership on the lack of promotional opportunities. The company reorg in the beginning of the year expanded/shifted people's roles without any type of compensation (promotion, bonus, or raise). The opportunities for any internal moves is lacking as well and not transparent.3
Mattel Reviews FAQs
Mattel has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,687 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Mattel to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
70% of Mattel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mattel 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.