Found 8,934 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about PetSmart
Retail & Hospitality
I recently accepted a position as a Customer Engagement Manager at Petsmart. I did research on sites like Glassdoor, Zippa, and Indeed concerning average salary. According to all 3 sites, it is around $80k a year. Is this an accurate assessment, or are they being extremely generous. Because they're offering me $46k a year.
Jobs in Retail & Hospitality
I work at petsmart and I do love my job I work with petcare and love the customer but hours are a big problem. I’m trying to move to Oklahoma but not being able to make over 250 a week is stressful. Any tips or ideas. I am almost 20 with roughly 3 years of customer service Experience. And I love taking care of animals. I’m always happy to learn anything. Please let me know if you are hiring for full/part-time. Thank you so much for the opportunity!
Freelance Strategist and Copywriter
Do y’all think names matter in this industry and Marketing/Tech overall? Do you show positive bias towards those with big names on their resume & LinkedIn like R/GA, Meta, BCG vs someone who was a marketing manager at PetsMart? (Honest Answers only) 👀 How did we become conditioned to be biased?
Got a burning question about PetSmart? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with PetSmart employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great coworkers and fun working with animals" (in 421 reviews)
- "the people i work with everyday are great and that’s what it’s all about" (in 369 reviews)
- "Good benefits and 401k." (in 308 reviews)
- "Hours are Flexible for those who are able to communicate with management in a timely fashion." (in 207 reviews)
- "Flexible Schedule and Fun environment" (in 122 reviews)
- "Poor management they also will keep you in the same position even if you want to move up" (in 746 reviews)
- "Low pay and it seems like everyone at district and above are following very old business models." (in 586 reviews)
- "Some of the managers don't exactly start out warm and friendly to new employees." (in 396 reviews)
- "No training for the associates and built off of such efficiency you cannot train or even spend time developing them." (in 179 reviews)
- "Upper management is bad." (in 143 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of PetSmart and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWOct 16, 2022Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBrookfield, WI
Lovley Co workers, helping pet parents
Retail lol, not to much other than angry pet parents when they can't get the pet they want or the food they want because we don't carry it or it's not the right environment for a fish or reptile.3
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBurlington, NC
Really fun environment to work in. Seeing all the animals come in makes it 10x better.
Hours weekly are not always the same.
PetSmart Reviews FAQs
PetSmart has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 9,143 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at PetSmart to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
50% of PetSmart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PetSmart 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.