PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,360 of over 1,360.0 interviews

Employee Referral3%
2.2
HardAverageEasy

PetSmart

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

I didn’t get an interview, even though I had relaxant experience and ample education. I have applied multiple times.I will not continue to apply, because I won’t get an interview

Interview Questions
  • Nothing, I didn’t get an interview
    Answer Question

PetSmart

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

Well short, lots of questions about yourself and experience. Manager knew what question to ask with the supervisor got hired on the spot and started training the next few days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PetSmart

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

Very easy. They made it go so smooth. The people that interviewed me made me feel at ease and very comfortable. The first interview I've been to that I wasn't a nervous wreck.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Harlingen, TX) in May 2022

Interview

Pretty good don’t get job. but they were friendly and everything which was nice and i felt comfortable and i love animals so yeah. i also liked how it was close to home too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PetSmart

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

During the interview, the manager would ask questions based on resume, experience, and some situational. Much of the interview revolved around scheduling and how you would work in a team-based environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PetSmart

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

It was recorded interview with phone and it wasn't that great since I couldn't really talk to the recruiter. The questions were valid, not too much hard questions so just have to prepare general interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PetSmart

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

Pretty straightforward, asked a couple general questions on background and experience. Lasted about 30 minutes. I got the job but decided to work elsewhere. The interviewer was quite nice and they offered me water while I was awaiting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Portland, OR) in Apr 2022

Interview

They asked basic questions about my past experience and questions about how I interact with people. They also asked about how much I enjoy the work that I have done in the past.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience training people? What is your experience training dogs

PetSmart

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

it was short and sweet. they will ask you about your passion/experience with animals and a few other basic questions such as any previous relevant experience. overall a really good experience and would highly recommend

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PetSmart

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart

Interview

It wasn’t really much of an actual interview, they took me around the store for like 5 minutes explaining to me what my job would be. They also asked me my hours and when I could start.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,360 Interviews

PetSmart Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at PetSmart as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.15 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Pet Care Specialist and Cashier rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Bather and Pet Care Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at PetSmart takes an average of 14 days when considering 1,669 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Pet Care Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Pet Care Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at PetSmart according to 1,669 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 26.55%