PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply set aside time for the application process. Some of the information may pull from your resume, but not all. Be sure to double check it. Also you will take a personality/sjt test that may take some time. Interview was easy and fun, more like a conversation than and interview. I would say this is the best interview I have been on as far as comfortability is concerned.

Pet Groomer Interview

Interview

Sent application in onine then was called in for an interview with the store manager and salon manager

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a unsatisfied customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered 50% commission

Pet Products Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I interviewed at PetSmart (Christiansburg, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

First, you apply online and if there are any openings and they are interested, you get a call from the hiring manager. This is usually the store manager and their call happens anywhere from days to weeks after applying. The call is to set up a face to face interview with the store manager and most likely your department head. After the interview is the drug test and background check then training.

Interview Questions

• Basic "what would you do if..." questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online. Two days later, I was called for an in person interview. It was your pretty typical hiring process. They asked very typical questions. Why PetSmart? What type of pets do you like? Where do you see your self in 5 years. What type of experience. They ran a couple of scenarios our on the floor. Asked if I could pick up 50lbs. I was offered job the next day.

Interview Questions

• At the time, I had to sell a specific item that was randomly picked up from the sales floor. They give you a about a minute to look over the product.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered above minimum wage, so no need to negotiate.

Pet Products Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2014.

Interview

1st interview was with the Ops Manager and she also had the Presentation Manager interview me at the same time. 2nd Interview with Store Manager. Still awaiting last interview with DM. So far it's been 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

You will need to fill out an application online. When you are contacted you will first be interviewed by the store manager. Your second interview will be with the district manager. They will ask you your strengths and weaknesses and give you scenarios to then find what type of solution you will give.

Interview Questions

• Your weaknesses is probably one of the hardest besides the scenarios.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The interview process is long and drawn out. It best to know someone in the company already to get hired into management. To come in as an associate is a lot easier. This company standard vary from store to store and overall as a company is broken.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart in November 2014.

Interview

If you need a job in less than a month, this might not be the place for you. I applied multiple times at different locations and finally got a call back after about two months. Came in for an interview which was very laid back. I got a very good feel, but yet still hadn't heard anything after almost a week. I gave the store manager a call and she told me the position was not available because of restructuring. No sour feelings so I applied at a different location. Got an interview about a week later and behold the store manager I interviewed with worked there. Second interview with her presentation manager was a little more standard but still not difficult. Got an offer for 13$/hour next day (of course I was told they had a beyond urgent need so... ).

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult as long as you're prepared. Role playing was the most difficult since I hate those scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Might've been able to negotiate, but was offered 13$ on the spot and was tired of my job so I took it. Considering it's entry level, it's nit bad compared to what majority of companies pay.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart in July 2013.

Interview

It is best to know someone and have a recommendation. I was hired quickly. Interview process was simple and friendly. They like to know a lot about your previous experiences and how you handled those situations.

Interview Questions

• What improvements will you bring? What's the first thing you will work on when you're hired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was a little lower than expected but corporate allows caps based on experience so I was given the maximum allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Reno, NV) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online for a presentation manager position. Was called a couple days later to set up an interview. I was offered the pet products manager position for lower pay than what I had requested. The manager told me he would try to work with the district manager to get me more money. The next week I had another 1:1 meeting with the store manager of a different location (apparently to verify the hiring managers gut instinct about me). When I left that interview, I was told to go see my hiring manager who offered me the position and sent me to my drugtest that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Petsmart?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went in asking for $14.00/hr (thinking it was a 40 hour work week). I was told that my position generally tops out around $12.00/hr, but the hiring manager would see what he could do. I told him that I was going to bottom out around $13.50. I was offered the job at $13.25 an hour and then found out that it was a 45 hour work week, so I accepted.

Pet Products Manager Interview

Interview

very easy just put your able to work whenever and your pretty much be hired