PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,167 Interview Reviews

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

I submitted my resume and on the company website, and selected to apply for the two stores at the same time. I had a phone call from one of the store. They had a brief phone interview at first and decided to schedule an in-person interview few days later. I had two manager interviewed me. One's question is more towards personality and problem solving skills, and the other manager asked about my previous experiences. Managers were friendly and the interview was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What you don't like about your previous job.   4 Answers
    • The reason you left from your old job.   3 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They were super nice and Easy and basic questions. What are challenges you have faced and overcome. What’s your leadership style. All that. I got the job on the spot. They were super fun to work with

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you’ve overcome?   2 Answers

Dog Groomer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Everything seemed fine until one manager (of the 4 stores in my area) locked my application in for his store even though his location was not hiring and other locations were. The result is that I am essentially barred from seeking employment at any Petsmart store until my application expires or the manager chooses to release it. It took me 8 phone calls to even discover what had happened and HR on the corporate level was no help at all, as I was unable to even reach them. I am stuck waiting 3 months, if I even want to pursue employment with this company, which given my experience this far, is definitely doubtful. It just seems ludicrous to me that a manager can blackball you in this way in a supposedly professional company.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter from LinkedIn was excellent. I was forwarded on to do a phone screen interview with a local store manager. A time was scheduled, time came and I waited and waited for my call. Nothing. Finally got correspondence back and the the store manager said they had a situation in their store and they forgot about it. So we rescheduled it again. Once again I was prepared and waiting, nothing again. Finally got correspondence again, the store manager forgot again. So we rescheduled again. Finally got the interview completed and the store manager forwarded me on to the next level and said I would be contacted back within a week by the district manager or a human resource representative. 2 weeks later nothing. My experience after dealing with the recruiter was very disappointing. Very unprofessional. Hopefully they treat employees, as well as any pets they deal with, better than potential employees.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Nashua, NH) in February 2020.

Interview

online job application: lengthy, tedious, multiple questions ask the same thing over and over and over. multiple logins to multiple websites is required. stores do not take applications. tedious, extensive, complicated questions. no application questions online ask about any prior animal work? rescue work? nothing, is required about animals, at all.

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

My first interview was with the assistant manager. He has a great personality. Felt welcomed right away. I have a 2nd interview monday with the store manager. The store manager called me and said I basically have the job, he is just required to do a customer service interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you gained a customer's trust.   Answer Question
    • How would you persuade a customer to buy another item they may need?   Answer Question
    • If another associate was struggling with a customer finding what they need, how would you give the associate tips for next time?   Answer Question
    • Scenario: 5 people are needing help at the same time. who do you help first?
      1 is on the phone
      1 needs check out
      1 needs dog food help
      1 needs fish
      1 needs crickets   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an angry customer who needs to return dog food?   Answer Question
    • A customer doesn't see the item they bought at their last visit. How do you help them?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Do you have problems with trying to sell a service to a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Fairly straightforward questions were asked about my interest in animals and working in a retail environment. Interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was immediately offered the job. The longest part was filling out all the paperwork and the training process which started the day I was hired.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

The hiring team contacted me within 2 days of submitting my application to schedule a phone interview. I received a second phone interview which consisted of questions beyond my capabilities as an employee and focused on how my personality and unique skills fit into their mission and ethics.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into Pet Smart’s culture and promoting its values regarding community engagement and ethical commitment   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Redlands, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online November 1, 2019. Was called mid January. Board interview with 3-4 managers at a district location. They had back to back interviews all day. They were nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied online, got called for an interview a couple days after that, then had my interview and was hired within the next week. Overall very quick and easy. Definitely a good first job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with animals?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Pretty easy. I was interviewed by two of the managers, between the two of them they asked me questions from a sheet. They were basic questions about experience and skill. Only took about 20 minutes. I got a call one or two days later with an offer that I accepted. No drug test but they did run a background check I think.

Interview Questions

• How will the skills from your last job help you while working at Petsmart?   Answer Question