PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply set aside time for the application process. Some of the information may pull from your resume, but not all. Be sure to double check it. Also you will take a personality/sjt test that may take some time. Interview was easy and fun, more like a conversation than and interview. I would say this is the best interview I have been on as far as comfortability is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous training experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you like dogs?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Interviewed by store manager who seemed disorganized and rambling. Interviewer stated that 'the assistant managers job was to run the store and his was to walk about talking to associates and customers' leaving the impression he was lazy and unprofessional. During interview I was told it was for a location other than where I applied.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unethical employee?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any pets?   3 Answers
    • Why would you want to work here?   2 Answers

Support Manager Interview

Interview

I was doing demo work in the store for another company, for nearly a year. They saw my work ethics and skills and offered me a job. No interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I completed the online application and was then called in shortly after for an interview. The manager was very laid back and friendly. He asked about my family pets and how school was going.

Interview Questions

• How many animals do you have and what experience do you have taking care of animals?   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Extremely slow; plenty confusion during the process. Radio silence for almost 4 weeks after indicating a fly-in. Eventually conveyed the decision after I reached to a different HR rep who responded within hours.
    Waste of time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

applied online & got called for an interview that weekend. the team that i met with were all wonderful & easy going. i was so nervous, but after a while it became like talking to friends.

Interview Questions

• Describe to us a good customer service experience you had & a bad customer service experience you had.   1 Answer

Per Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Simple, run of the mill interview. They make sure you are comfortable being around animals and are willing to risk anything that could possibly happen around animals. You can't expect much of a difference from your average interview, it was pretty straight forward.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart in August 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews. Was great and very friendly management. I fwlt very comfortable as soon as i walked through the door i usually get nervous but with petsmart i felt real comfortable which made interview 10 times better!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Thornton, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Friendly & easy for the most part. 1st interview I had was with the assistant manager, only lasted about 5 minutes or so, and afterwards about a week went by and I hadn't heard back. So I called the store to follow up & the same woman who answered my call was the one who interviewed me. She didn't remember our interview and had lost the paperwork in the midst of getting the new store and other interview stuff together. So she had me come back for a 2nd one with the head supervisor, with whom I enjoyed being interviewed by since he was so laid back and friendly. I got hired on the spot and actually ended up with a position in pet care instead of cashier after 2nd interview and was asked to do a drug test within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any pets at home? & if so, name 3 things (besides food) you'd recommend to a customer purchasing said animal(s).   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PetSmart (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Answered questions about previous experience dealing with the position I was applying for then we just Talked about different situations to make sure I would be good for the job