PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PetSmart Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a month later asking if i was still interested. Scheduled an interview two days later was asked to come in at 7 in the morning. The interviewer was asking several typical interview questions from his book such as tell me about yourself and have you worked with any pets before. It lasted about 20 mins and was told that I would receive a call no later then two days by a manager. During the interview I kind of bs'ed about a lot of questions and told them what they wanted to hear. I did not show up to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you learned recently that was very difficult?
      How would you direct a customer that needed help with harness for her pet?
      Name one time you persuaded someone.
      1 Answer

Small Animal CareSpecialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The manager was welcoming and opened with some conversation. He explained the process and job available. He asked relevant questions and training expectations. Come prepared to talk about your experience with animals and be prepared to be cross trained for other positions in the store.

Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I called trying to engage conversation with the store manager. I was given the run around until I finally called during the store manager's shift, and presumably when he wasn't busy.

Interview Questions

• We work with lots of animals here at PetSmart, and we will teach you how to handle them here... however we do get some customers who are particularly mean, how will you handle rude customers?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied during college career fair. Contacted about a month later requesting a phone interviewer. Phone interview was completely fit based and lasted about 30 minutes. Contacted by phone a month later to say the position was no longer available.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Salisbury, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

They called for an interview i was schedulled for a 2nd interview then a drug test all for them to say i passed my drug test but is still in wuestion for the position... Waste of time.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Delhi, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by Pet Smart via phone. I had my initial interview. The next day I was called and asked to interview in person. Which I did, and that interview went well. Two days later I was called in for a second in person interview. This interview was more in depth , and went smoothly.
    The following week I was called for a fourth interview in another state.
    I went and had to wait at the front of the store while the manager who was to interview me finished his task. After 10 mins he came up introduced himself, not very personable turned and started walking away. Which I guessed was my clue to follow, so I did.
    The interview was almost like an inquisition, I had to repeatedly defend my leaving my previous job. He questioned everything as if I was lying. Which I normally dont mind, Im very upfront and honest. But this tired manager was rude and for Pet smart to allow this behavior to me is not good business.
    So after 45 mins I was released and went home feeling a bit stressed and tired mentally.
    This is the part I felt made the entire experience unacceptable.
    Not only had I taken time out for four interviews, filled out their lengthy application. After all that, this company did not call me back,or email me to let me know they found someone else for the position.
    You would expect more from a company regardless of the size.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous position   1 Answer

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Anchorage, AK) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. As soon as I completed the assessment I received a call the next day and scheduled an interview the day after. Typical interview questions. Very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you needed to complete a task but you had costumers interrupting you.   Answer Question
    • What is a mistake you've made on the job in the past and what did you learn?   Answer Question

CORE Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Denver, CO).

Interview

Must go in to get an interview, applying online puts you into a pool of hundreds of applicants. Going in and telling a manager you are interested in the job gets you hired. Online application includes math test and personality quiz which takes a long time.
    During interview must be willing to get your hands dirty and be a team player. Outgoing and customer service oriented are highly desired. Flexible hours are a plus. After an I'm itial interview you may be asked for a second or sent straight to drug screen. Very important to pass drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confident approaching people to suggest products and aervixes to meet there needs?   1 Answer

Dog Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The ladies who interviewed me were nice and outgoing, acted like they were best friends since kinder. Welcomed me and were quick with questions. Overall, good i suppose. I like that they called me later to tell me the verdict even though I was declined, it was nice of them.

Interview Questions

• A customer asks you what the best Chameleon light is, what do you tell them?

Why petsmart?

Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (New York, NY).

Interview

I had three very simple interviews over ~1 week's time. First two were with floor managers and the third was with the store GM. All asked the same questions and took less than 15 minutes. I took a drug test after the third interview.