PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply set aside time for the application process. Some of the information may pull from your resume, but not all. Be sure to double check it. Also you will take a personality/sjt test that may take some time. Interview was easy and fun, more like a conversation than and interview. I would say this is the best interview I have been on as far as comfortability is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous training experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you like dogs?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Howell, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetSmart (Howell, MI).

Interview

Attended an in-store hiring event. Was given an impromptu interview on-the-spot. Was told to fill out an app online but after interviewing I decided not to. Given years of managerial experience and an MBA I find minimum wage an insult. Interview was easy though.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart in June 2018.

Interview

The first interview went well 12 min max they made me do another interview with someone else they schedule me and when I go back the people interviewing me went to lunch they took 40 minutes and they still weren’t ready so they made an employer interview me. They were than in another meeting had me waiting for two hours. Super unorganized.

MBA Interview

Interview

Phone screen — basic, getting to know you type questions. Be sure to study things related to the job position you’re interviewing for (i.e. data for analyst positions). Make sure you can articulate specifics to why you want to work in PHO.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetSmart (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

Quick and easy. Gave me a tour of the store and asked which areas I'd be interested in working in. Seemed a little in- depth to be an interview for a simple hourly position, but overall it wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• They ask normal interview questions (ex. "why did you apply here", "what are your best qualities", "what would you say are your negatives", etc.)   Answer Question

Petsmart PetsHotel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetSmart (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

It was a very easy, simple interview. I interview with the assistant manager of the petshotel because the manager was away, and the petsmart store manager. Both interviews were very straight forward and asked simple questions. Each interviewer filled me in on what my day-to-day tasks would be and that I would be trained by other staff members, to ensure that I will be ready to do what is required of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Explain what your role was at the place you volunteered at   Answer Question
    • Are you ok with working with potentially aggressive dogs?   Answer Question
    • Are you ok with cleaning up urine, poop, and sometimes bloody poop if the animal is sick?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

Applied online and it took about 3 weeks for them to contact me. Initially had a phone interview and immediately scheduled an in-person interview. I had two interviews, one with the assistant manager and then with the general manager. It was a very comfortable interviewing process.

Sales Associate/Pet Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Brentwood, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was quick, hiring manager was very rude, yelled, interrupted, etc. went in for a second interview two days later, was better but still very tense. Hiring manager said that he really liked me and the second interview went ok so i thought th i got the job but they never called me

Interview Questions

• - What are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • - Are there any animals you refuse to work with   1 Answer
    • - What’s your availability   Answer Question
    • - Why petsmart   1 Answer
    • - Do you have any pets   Answer Question
    • - What would you do if you were at the cash register working with a customer and another one. comes up and wants a fish or something?   1 Answer
    • - If a customer was at the register purchasing food and you knew there were treats on sale how would you sell it to them   1 Answer

Dog Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (San Diego, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

This series of interviews was honestly one of the most laid back ones that I've been through, though I did have to be proactive and call to ask about the status of my application a few times - once for the initial app, and then another time to ask about the status of my drug test.

First interview was over the phone with the salon manager, who was really goofy and easy to get along with. Second interview was in-store with a manager and the salon manager, but the other manager ended up leaving to do something so it was just one on one with the salon manager. For both of these, they basically just ask you the standard formulaic interview questions - bonus points if you mention having pets. The third and "hardest" interview was with the store manager, who had us walk around the store and role play as "associate" and "customer" for different scenarios.

The store manager asked me if I was okay with taking a drug test right after the drug interview, and emailed me a background check form. At this point, as long as you pass both, you're good to go! I'm going in for on-boarding tomorrow, after a total of nearly three weeks. Again, you really have to be on top of things, asking about your applications and whatnot to show interest.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you didn't have an answer for a question from a customer. What did you do, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had a disagreement with a co-worker, or caught them doing something against workplace rules. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

SRC Training Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

After submission of my resume, I waited for about a week before I heard anything from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. This should have been my first yellow flag; there was not even a automated message to confirm receipt of my resume. I was contacted via email to set up an initial phone interview with a Sr. Recruiter. The phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes. The last question was what my salary expectations are for the role- this is not something to be discussed on interview number one- especially with the recruiter in my opinion. If the question had come from a hiring manager on a second interview, that would be appropriate. After the phone interview, I was given the timeframe of by end of week that I would hear something from the hiring manager; my initial interview was on a Tuesday. They were looking to fill the position by early June. Weeks came and went and not one follow up has been given- not even an automated declination email. I had to assume they filled the position with another candidate because the posting had been taken down upon reviewing PetSmart's career website. This is very poor conduction of business. Reading the company's values and mission, I thought this was a great company and wanted to be a part of the culture. This has been a blessing in disguise not receiving the position because the actual salary for the position is low- about $20,000 too low and also it speaks volumes that they were incapable of following up after an interview for a higher position. I will not entertain interest in this company for any future positions and will limit my consumerism with the company.

Interview Questions

• Standard managerial and training interview questions... tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision, have you ever done instructional design, have you had direct reports etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I applied for the pet care associate position and the cashier position right before Christmas. Understandably, they did not get back to me until Jan 2nd. After that the process went very quickly. They called me for an interview for the cashier position and I believe we scheduled it for the next day. The hiring manager was really nice and the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. When the interview was done she said she thought I would be a good fit. I did the drug test either that same day or the day after, and then a day or so after that I went to the store for training. They sit you in a back room on the computer and the online training takes a couple hours. You just watch a bunch of videos and take quizzes on them. Then a day or so after that I was able to start my first shift.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities that you had at your previous job.   Answer Question
    • What process would you go through to help a customer determine what kind of leash or harness they should get their dog   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had dealing with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question