PetSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Dog Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tulsa, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

If you apply set aside time for the application process. Some of the information may pull from your resume, but not all. Be sure to double check it. Also you will take a personality/sjt test that may take some time. Interview was easy and fun, more like a conversation than and interview. I would say this is the best interview I have been on as far as comfortability is concerned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous training experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you like dogs?   1 Answer

Bather Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Rio Rancho, NM) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online on Thursday, got called on Friday, and interviewed on Monday. I had my interview early and was told I may have a second interview in the afternoon. I ended up just getting an offer without having to do a second interview. The manager was very friendly and happy to talk about previous experience. The questions were pretty typical, not very difficult.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Standard process for corporate HQ. Interview included several employees from different teams, as I'd expect. I describe the hiring manager as a salty Philip Seymour Hoffman character. Upon entering the room, before he'd even approached me and shaken my hand, he let out a grumpy sigh, staring at the floor and rarely made eye contact. He did not have a copy of my resume. When I offered mine, he took one look at saw "digital marketing" on my resume and made up his mind that I was not who he was looking for, with no further inquiry about my other relevant marketing skills. This was all within 20 seconds of entering the room. He then began to make negative comments about the recently departed CEO/President and about his former employer. Although my fit for candidacy was acknowledged by the corporate recruiter, this hiring manager's indecency and unprofessionalism did not offer me the same.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

One to two interviews with managers, all fairly simple questions based on past experience and pet knowledge. Situational questions involving potential/past customers and how you provided a successful outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an unhappy customer and turned the situation around?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

I had one interview with the store manager. He walked me around the store as he was holding the interview. Along the way he greeted every customer he encountered, and if they needed help, he gave immediate assistance.

Interview Questions

• What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PetSmart (Sandy, UT).

Interview

I filled out application for petcare, they called me 3 months later wanting to come in for interview to be a cashier. The interview was about 5 minutes long. But he was really nice.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Wesley Chapel, NC).

Interview

It was really easy I interview with a manager and by the end of the intrview I had another one line up with the assistant manager for the next day. Then a few days later I took the drug test the dsy after I had my orientation day.

Pet Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart.

Interview

First I got a phone call asking basic questions then I had two interviews with each of the managers within the same week. After answering basic questions about my background and my skills, I had to take a drug test. I heard back from them the next day. I had to go in to complete online training.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable on register and handling money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PetSmart (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online directly on their site. They called me not long after, and the interview was pretty easy. The person interviewing me was pretty friendly, so it made things easier. Questions were generic and also included whether or not I'm familiar with working with animals, like them, or have any.

Pet Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetSmart (Tukwila, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Easy going felt like I knew them already had two interviews first was with the salon manager then the 2nd was with the store manager if you get a call back you come in to get paperwork to go do your ua then if you pass you go back to finish everything else

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PetSmart (Prattville, AL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the day after I filled out several applications. My interview was with the Assistant store manager, but I was lucky enough that the store manager was there and was able to conduct her interview after the ASM was done. Both were super friendly and didn't go out of their way to make me uncomfortable. I had a drug test the same day and they made it clear I was hired, I just needed to get through the rest of the process.