Radius Innovation & Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Radius Innovation & Development Reviews

Updated Jan 21, 2019

3.2
Radius Innovation & Development CEO Joanne Moretti (no image)
Joanne Moretti
  1. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has feel of small company inside large corporation. Best of both worlds. Really talented smart people, my team is some of the best Ive worked with before. Great environment and culture, really nice folks here. Diverse project work, and great opportunities. Not just working on one type of product.

Cons

When they started out, the management was not ideal, but since 2017 that has all changed and its really amazing! There are some reviews that are not good from that time, and it was just because the management that started when the office opened really didn't understand the business in the way the new management does. They are now really open, supportive, positive and encouraging. Its been an incredible place ever... since.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the teams and the company growth, we are still early stages in San Jose (3 years out) and need to have management support. Culture is just as important as bottom line, keep the vibe positive and encouraging like its been this last year.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-19

"Five Years of Constant Change"

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I stay because of personal reasons and interest in product development but it is hard to be positive with so much change. It is the norm so I need to suck it up and realize this is part of the culture.

Cons

I've experienced so much change that it hurts, like hurts to do the job. Since I've been with the company we have been reorg-ed from division to division. Nypro, engineering services, marketing, "sales-enablement", now it seems back to Nypro. We've had about six different leaders. You can imagine it makes for an unstable and unpredictable workplace.

Advice to Management

The last head of Radius really tossed things around. The new focus on digital strategy seems exciting and unwise. There are dozens of competing firms in this space. The recent marketing push is feels dated, like 2010 digital services. My advice to management is go back to our roots in product development. There is plenty of work to be done. There needs to be more support of site leadership. Out goes our... trusted leaders those who are not given resources yet the ones who are less respected stay because of location.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-05-30
  3. "Jabil's band of misfits"

Current Employee - Designer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Silicon Valley team has been carefully crafted and has been very fun to work with. We are always working on challenging projects and luckily we have very talented designers and engineers on staff to produce incredible results for our clients. The workload can be pretty demanding but it doesn't feel as daunting knowing that your team will be willing to help and stay late if you need to get something completed.... The culture is lively and comical (in a good way), and the managing directors always make sure their employees are treated to luncheons, social outings & dinners, and feel appreciated. While the Jabil offices may sometime feel like quiet study rooms, we prefer to keep things alive and fresh in our studios. I came on board because of the projects I would be working on, but I'm staying because of the people I get to work with.

Cons

Due to the Jabil structuring, there seems to be too many hoops to jump through for fulfilling simple requests. This isn't a negative on Radius but its connection with Jabil. There has been a big push on allowing all of the studios to operate with less restriction from Jabil but that has not come to fruition.

Advice to Management

If the HR and finance channels between Jabil and Radius get streamlined, all of our studios will no longer be restrained from excelling at what we do best. There is always room for improvement at individual studios as well.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-18
  4. "Exciting, fast-paced environment"

Senior Designer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Radius Innovation & Development for more than a year

Pros

Great people, super intelligent and professional Unbelievable resources - Hands on prototyping facilities with the most cutting-edge equipment available anywhere Upward mobility - Radius is part of a family of companies where there is unlimited potential for professional growth

Cons

Radius is not able to keep up with the wages of Silicon Valley's biggest tech giants - Google, Apple, FB, etc. Maybe this isn't a fair comparison, but it means that their top talent is susceptible to recruitment offers.

Advice to Management

While you may never be able to match the salaries of the biggest tech companies, you have great intangibles - empowerment, working atmosphere, and vibe. Money isn't everything so keep making it a great place to work.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-16

"Transformative"

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time

Pros

Inspiring place where anything is possible. I’ve grown a lot since starting here. Unlike any design or engineering consultancy, the access to resources, knowledge, specialists, tools, everything is possible here. It’s an exciting time in the valley and in technology to have the opportunity to be working with the worlds leading technology companies. Salary is competitive and great benefit package better then any... other consultancy I’ve known.

Cons

When the office in blue sky opened there were some managment issues that were not working, and since then have been worked out like any Office when it starts out, and now Radius is on a tremendous path forward towards growth.

Advice to Management

Continue nurturing the culture and team comradery.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-12

"Excellent Strategy Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work with the Strategy team at Radius, San Jose Office on several engagements so far and I absolutely love the environment, the strategic nature of the work and the flexibility offered at this place. Employees are highly collaborative and the design work is truly inspirational. Highly Recommend working with this team.

Cons

None that I can think of

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-10
  7. "Maker Space"

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time

Pros

Have you ever worked on a far out conceptual kitchen gadget? Or an sporty health device that beeps when you really need it to? How about designing a plastic package for a really really big global brand? This...yes, all of this amazing.

Cons

Big boss shifts have created sides. My friends who are motivated by marketing and my friends who are motivated by their accreditation. Both can be right but are not juntos. Recruiters seem to ring sensing change upcoming (again).

Advice to Management

The west coast v. east coast turf tension is spilling over onto project admin. Better hand off to manufacturing partners would be groovy. Keep up the positive spirit and ideal of being the BEST design firm in the world. Thanks for the effort!

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-26

"Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Radius Innovation is truly unique and an incredible place to work. I recently joined because I was inspired by their unique offerings that I could bring to my clients; their connection to Jabil and Nypro has empowered Radius with a world of possibilities in product development that I have not experienced or seen at any other design consultancy. The Silicon Valley location at the Jabil Blue Sky Center is an... impressive and inspiring place to work. The team is world class, and the projects are at the leading edge of innovation. I'm excited to see it continue to grow! There are a lot of job growth opportunities and support offered to nurture and encourage the team to be their best.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Radius is truly unique and incredible consultancy that has a lot to offer clients. So continuing to boost marketing efforts to support and communicate our unique offerings to the world is key. Particularly boosting support for the San Jose location, to help give it the well deserved presence and status in the valley that it needs.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-02

"PM"

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time

Pros

Familiarity, over the years the projects tend to be the same.

Cons

Feels like a bummy place.

Advice to Management

Low pay. New employees have salary increases. Is the new vision realistic?

Radius Innovation & Development2018-05-01

"Whole Enchilada"

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time

Pros

The focus on integrating deeply with manufacturing. The on- field-team. The product development industry is inspirational. There are many pros yet challenges. The old leadership was harsh yet respected. The new leadership is compassionate yet not respected. The old understood the wider market (the whole enchilada). The new understands the Jabil requirements (the pressure cooker). Both are important.

Cons

Counter logically, our relevancy is reducing. We are trying diligently. We're good people, but we have a hard time with talent and projects in the open market. We are now smaller due to cuts and it is harder on the projects. Do your homework, ask former employees and customers about their experience.

Advice to Management

There is worry Jabil might close or spin out the division. Please continue to support the spirit between employees.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-24