48% would recommend to a friend
(1038 total reviews)
52% approve of CEO
Found 1,038 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people at my level and those under me were great to work with for the most part." (in 122 reviews)
- "Good work life balance: Option to work from home sometimes; PTO" (in 66 reviews)
- "Great culture and room to grow." (in 58 reviews)
- "The pay was good and the hours" (in 52 reviews)
- "Great benefits and treated fairly" (in 40 reviews)
- "poor management and not enough employee to do the task" (in 52 reviews)
- "Too many Managers that stayed too long with the company." (in 34 reviews)
- "Upper management seems distanced from the rest of the population." (in 21 reviews)
- "Leadership is constantly only focused on short" (in 19 reviews)
- "Long hours and not enough employees" (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Shutterfly and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 30, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsMinneapolis, MN
Invests in their employees, great management, employee appreciation
The busy season can be hectic
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Preschool PhotographerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMiami, FL
The kids are so wonderful and cute you get paid from the tjme you leave your house until the time you come back home. It is part time but you do get a lot of hours. However it’s seasonal. There are opportunities to come back after the season!
My experience was truly one for the books. It all started out with the manager I had. There was a lack of communication I had to contact her for everything . I had actually missed orientation but I was never told what was said in that either. I went to work my first day not knowing a thing. She delayed my schedule coming out not for me but for all the other new coworkers as well. I as in “ training for 3 weeks “ . My first day on my own was a mess. My manager ended up coming to help and told me to give her back all the equipment that I just received. She told me I would be back in training and so I reached out to her a few times and she never got back to me. I was essentially ghosted. Now in terms of the company itself it truly seems like It's a lovely company. When I would call the tech they were always really nice on the phone. I just think I had a bad manager. I’m not in and way shape or form bashing ,but I just had a very bad experience. It’s not professional whatsoever.
- 3.0Oct 30, 2023Core PhotographerCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
I love the people I work with, they all make an effort to support and help each other as much as we all can, and they keep work fun when one of us is having an off day!
Customer service is a big part of the job as well as having to wear all the hats without really knowing what you’re getting into. You have to be a salesperson, a photographer and a front desk clerk as well. It can be a lot of expectation.
- 3.0Nov 14, 2023Data AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsFort Mill, SC
Work/Life balance is good in the company.
No Bonus in the last 3 years No annual salary increase in the last year No Career growth path Constantly changes in Leadership and org (I have been part of 4 teams during last 3 years)
- 3.0Oct 26, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRaleigh, NC
It is a regular paycheck.
Like most corporations, the leadership thinks they are smarter than the employees. They think if they don't tell us something, we could never possibly figure it out for ourselves. They spin the information they do give so hard that it is like watching a presidential debate.
- 1.0Oct 12, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Free print products if you pay shipping. Had a high quality team before latest cuts.
No raises, promotions or bonuses for the last few years. Cuts and downsizing for 4+ quarters in a row. Management focused on selling employees on doing more with less and finding reasons other than compensation to stay. Management often times makes short sighted plans in effort to save money now at the expense of costing 2x or more to fix later. Engineering has been nearly completely moved off shore. Most scrum and project managers actively try to make projects more confusing and take longer by passing bad or outdated information to teams and management.
- 2.0Nov 15, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
People, products, mission. This was once a great place to work because of the role we play in customers' hearts and minds.
Lack of communication from leadership. I have no idea what our strategy is. Lots of seemingly random changes with no context. No merit or bonuses for the last several years.
- 4.0Oct 16, 2023Sr. Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPlano, TX
Love the team and the flexibility that provides a great work-life balance
Senior management try to be transparent but provide a feeling of uncertainty
Shutterfly Reviews FAQs
Shutterfly has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,188 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Shutterfly to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
48% of Shutterfly employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shutterfly 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.