Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Went pretty fast. Got to know whether hired or not the same day of the interview. Interview with two teams and both teams were good.

Interview Questions

• Selenium webdriver questions, database, unix, java programming questions. Bubble sort, binary tree search,Reverse a string in JAVA. web app fundamentals and also questions from resume. API testing, performance testing questions.   Answer Question

2018 Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Online assessment on hackerrank. what I got is Commerce Software Engineer Test B
    There are two questions in 75 min. And they are both easy to medium difficulty. Didn't get further interview invitaion yet.

Interview Questions

• Count from 1 to N, you can either
      a) plus one
      b) get reversed number
      find the least steps to count from 1 to N   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in February 2018.

Interview

45 min phone interview. Asked questions about concepts of Java, C++, and Python, relational database and NoSQL database. The interviewer is not that friendly. Didn't give any feedback of my answer.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had four 30 mins interviews. First was with the hiring manager. Super nice person and we talked about a lot of the common stuff we have worked on. The rest of the 3 were with 3 full time engineers, who asked me programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Find the missing number in an array of 1 to n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

This was quite a strange interview process. I received a response one day after submitting my online application and had a phone screen. The phone screen with the recruiter went well; I am a bootcamp grad and freelance developer, so I talked about the projects I've worked on and how my skills aligned with the requirements on the job post. The recruiter moved me forward to have a screen with the hiring manager.

My interview with the hiring manager seemed like an uphill battle from the start. We worked on collab-edit (which doesn't have audio functionality), so I had her on speaker phone. I started the call discussing my background and experiences. I could tell that she was hesitant about my qualification because I did not have a degree in computer science. I was able to solve the algorithm she gave me in 2 minutes and she asked me to use a different data structure to solve it. I used a HashMap to reduce the time complexity of my algorithm and she wanted me to use nested while loops "to save memory space." She didn't like that I coded in Ruby on Rails, nitpicked about the Ruby code syntax, and then asked if I knew other coding languages. It was an awkward situation, especially because she did not have another algorithm prepared and asked me to write a less efficient solution...

My interviewer hung up the call before I could ask any questions. The whole experience was very strange. It was an easy interview, but I could tell that the hiring manager was hesitant about my qualification from the start. I was right and got a rejection the next morning.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplications from an array/linkedlist   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2018.

Interview

Very informal and relaxed. Easy questions. Just want to get to know you and your background. Everything about it was relatively easy and they're not looking to trick you into questions or joining a cult like environment. Very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job like? What did you do at your previous job? How important is culture to you?   Answer Question

Product Design Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to someone from the hiring company, Adecco, that is in charge of hiring people on for Shutterfly. I applied for the PDT position which is seasonal, scheduled an interview for a Friday, waited around 5 minutes after checking in at the desk. Interview was pretty short, around 10 minutes, I was told I would be notified earlier the next week if I got the job or not. A week went by and I heard nothing, so I emailed the employee at Adecco to see if there were updates. Another week went by after hearing nothing still and so I emailed him again and told the position was filled. Would have appreciated an email back the first time I emailed Adecco about the position. They don’t really seem to have their stuff together, looks unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with computers?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer at work and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Interview

After having taken pains to research ,format and apply , i got an reply within 24 hours indicating they are no longer recruiting for position . So disappointing and annoying that they didn't have the courtesy to give a fair chance to job-seekers . I still see this position circulating around in job-boards . Doesn't deserve good rating and speaks bad about recruitment culture.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

A quick chat with the recruiter, then a 1 hour with a manager. Said they'll schedule me for the tech portion of the interview, but a week later sent a "sorry, you're not a "fit"". Had high hopes for this company, but it looks like a place where talent goes to die. Oh well...

Interview Questions

• I asked how fast could they move, the manager said even scheduling for interviews was above his pay grade.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round of telephonic interview with hiring manager which went fine. They called me for 4hrs onsite interview. Next day recruiter emails saying she wants to schedule a call to discuss next steps. I gave them time for same day and day after, but she never replied and someone else emailed saying she is OOO.
    Third day they scheduled a call to discuss "next steps" only to tell me that they have decided not to move ahead. They could have easily dropped an email stating the same, rather than wasting my time. I had another offer discussions going on and I was not able to negotiate well there, because of confusion created by them.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer comes with laptop, searches questions. Bad attitude. Not professional. I could feel interviewer was showing his power and ego. HR had no clue about the interview schedule.