Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 226 of over 226 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shutterfly

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in Nov 2020

Interview

The interview went very smooth. The line of questions were specific to my skill set and previous experience. I was able to dialogue well with the hiring managers. I thought everything was structured well.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your related experience? Are you familiar with our company and line of products? Why are you looking to leave your current employer? What is your availability in regards to work shifts?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Minneapolis, MN)

Interview

I had a series of interviews in one day in which I talked to about 8 people, and the whole interview process took about 4 months. The first interview went very well, and I got a followup voicemail from them that same week saying they felt "very strongly that I would a really good fit for the role" and "they LOVED you." They said they wanted me to do a "meet and greet" with peers which they made clear was not a serious interview. They ended the voicemail saying that after the meet and greet, we would move on "quickly" to the "offer." They literally used the word offer, which made me think I got the job. After the "meet and greet" (which went equally as well as the first IMO), they were very slow in responding to me, and I had to reach out to them to get information about next steps. They reveal a new manager has been hired for the position and I will need a third interview with them. I cannot fathom why they would interview for a role before the manager of the position is hired? Either way, they told me it was actually down to me and one other candidate for the role, and it would be a couple weeks before getting that other candidate through the gauntlet of interviews. A month passes and I hear nothing, so I reach out. They reveal that the new manager wants to interview more people for the position. I tell them ok, I would like another interview closer towards the end of the process because I obviously would not be top of mind after they're done with all the new interviews. They didn't respond and I haven't heard from them since. I'm incredibly disappointed in how this interview process went. They really got my hopes up by using the word "offer", giving me such positive feedback, and saying how quickly they planned for the process to move. Doesn't seem like they really thought everything through before posting the position.

Interview Questions
  • Very basic questions like "tell us about yourself." It was casual, just need to be able to talk about your portfolio and experience and how it relates to the position.

Shutterfly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in Jun 2021

Interview

The first contact made by the recruiter was a templated Jobvite email with instructions to complete a one-way recorded video interview within 4 days. The video could only be done on a computer with a webcam using the most current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge, and could not be done on a tablet or a smartphone. Not only is that limiting for some candidates, but why would a company whose purpose is to “share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters” and be “forthcoming in our interactions” and “accomplish more by working together than we could individually” utilize such an impersonal and dehumanizing method of interviewing?

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself. Why do you think you’d be a good fit for this position?

Shutterfly

Application

I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with the human resources representative. Additionally, she provided some background information about the company and the hiring process. Then, there were a few interviews with colleagues and managers. The interviews were pretty fair and required an understanding of PM and ecommerce.

Interview Questions
  • The site's traffic data is given to you in an excel spreadsheet. Using the data, you are asked to speculate about what might cause the changes in the numbers.

Shutterfly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

I was disappointed by the interview process. I was initially interviewing for a full-time role, but after several rounds of interviews, I was pushed to pursue a 40-hour a week, six-month contract role with no benefits. (Still not sure how this is legal for a California-based company.) They also claim to be family-friendly, but when I told them I was pregnant, they made no attempt to work with me or work with my timeline for maternity leave. Further, the hiring manager didn't even congratulate me on my pregnancy, only the recruiter did. I take my career very seriously and made it clear the job would be a priority, though I don't apologize for growing my family, either. Disappointed overall in the experience because the team members seemed genuine and the salary was promising.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your background and why are you interested in this role?

Shutterfly

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

There was an initial screen and then an interview process. They were totally thoughtful throughout the process and it was a smooth, pleasant, warm experience. Each interviewer was engaged, prepared, and very kind. Everyone really seemed to enjoy being part of the Shutterfly family and I was glad to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you most about working at Shutterfly?
  • Please tell me more about your responsibilities at each company listed on your resume as they apply to this open position.
  • What questions do you have for me?
  • Can you give me an example when you thought outside the box for a content or SEO project?

Shutterfly

Application

I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

My first interview was a videotaped recorded one using their software, which I thought was strange, since I'm so used to initial interviews being performed by an HR rep, but whatever. My second video interview was with the actual Hiring Manager, who was a rather strange individual. The entire interview was bazaar, as I have never had someone spill so much negativity about their employer during an interview. He pretty much told me it was a crappy place with lots of layoffs and poorly managed company. I got the sense that he was on his way out the door, so was just giving me a secret heads up. I took his cues, and never sent a 'thank you' note or anything because it didn't sound like he or the company would be a positive experience at all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Shutterfly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

The Shutterfly interview team was full of pros. The HR recruiter reached out to me after submitting my resume online. Following a phone screen, she let me know my next steps and my interview was scheduled for the following day. Following that interview there was a brief homework assignment, then one more round of interviews. At each step, I knew when I would hear whether I had passed on to the next round or not. There was clear communication throughout the entire process and each person that I interviewed with was open about their experiences at Shutterfly and excited to speak about them.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral interview questions - why are you interested in this role, what are your strengths / weaknesses, tell me about a time that you used data to make a decision

Shutterfly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in May 2021

Interview

Given online assessment for 3 hours. Solved completely and submitted next day. Reached out to recruiter multiple times she said she was is going to give call. But she never called and then got automated response of reject. They do not value the time of people who are interviewing. I had to spent three hours and no decency to even schedule a call. Horrible recruiting. It is not expected from such well known company.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple choice questions, data structures and algorithm based question

Shutterfly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

Business casual. The first bit had that stilted ness of somebody getting paid to ask you the very basic questions and the second (conducted by a different person once they knew I could, in fact, turn on a camera) was like having a conversation with a teacher that doesn’t know you very well personally but knows you get good grades.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Shutterfly

Application

I interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview

Screening call with recruiter, then in-person interview with the hiring manager and a couple people on the team (this was pre-Covid though; I imagine this would be done remotely now). Their office was in Redwood City.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard 1:1 interview. It wasn't structured in any particular way and felt more casual. They'll discuss your resume and past experience like usual.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 226 Interviews