Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

A quick chat with the recruiter, then a 1 hour with a manager. Said they'll schedule me for the tech portion of the interview, but a week later sent a "sorry, you're not a "fit"". Had high hopes for this company, but it looks like a place where talent goes to die. Oh well...

Interview Questions

• I asked how fast could they move, the manager said even scheduling for interviews was above his pay grade.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer comes with laptop, searches questions. Bad attitude. Not professional. I could feel interviewer was showing his power and ego. HR had no clue about the interview schedule.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Boring phone screen, then got standard rejection email. Seemed like a bunch of C or D players. Can you imagine in 2017 they still won't import anything other than jpg? FAQ on their site advises to go first use for an image converter. Incompetence abounds.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, tell me about yourself, talk about what's on your resume, can you do X, how about Y?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and 3 weeks later a phone interview was setup and a week after that a 2 hour in person interview. When I arrived for the interview I was told my schedule had changed. Met with 6 different individuals all were great except the two from HR. It was as if they had never interviewed anyone in their life. No planned questions trying to think of them with long "umm" and pauses. Honestly I was trying to not laugh.

Interview Questions

• Management asked good behavioral questions. HR asked questions like "how do you stay organized"   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software engineering Intern. Got a call in 2-3 days. The entire process was very fast. took just about 10 business days.

3 rounds.
    1- intro round on phone : Went through my resume with HR
    2 - video call with shared codepad, with the team lead, Asked logical coding questions that can be done in any programming languages.
    3 - Onsite interview, Team manager and Lead met and went through some whiteboard design question and troubleshooting approaches to solve a problem.

got an offer right at the end of the day i was in for 3rd round

Interview Questions

• javascript callbacks, Design of an app, logical real world problem troubleshooting   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Firstly they will send a Online Access, two programming questions. Should be finished within 90mins. I think you need to bug free to pass it. I am not sure about the further process, because i do not pass one case i don't know why, then I got refused because my score does not meet the standard.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Went pretty fast. Got to know whether hired or not the same day of the interview. Interview with two teams and both teams were good.

Interview Questions

• Selenium webdriver questions, database, unix, java programming questions. Bubble sort, binary tree search,Reverse a string in JAVA. web app fundamentals and also questions from resume. API testing, performance testing questions.   Answer Question

MBA Revenue Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone chat with the recruiter who described the role, organization and location (Redwood City, CA). Followed by two 30 minute phone interviews with two finance managers. Offer was made within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are the risks to our revenue?   1 Answer

Creative Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager. After that, I interviewed on-site with three different Shutterfly employees. This was all in the span of two weeks, and after my in person interview I was told that they would give a final decision in the next 2-3 business days. Then was told that I would be getting an update "next week" for the next 6 weeks. The recruiter did a good job of staying in contact with me, but I would have preferred to just have been told that the process would take so long, rather than being told every week that I would have the final decision next week.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that had challenges, what were they, and how did you address them?   Answer Question

Production Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, first i had a call screening with corporate in California then I talked to HR in Shakopee and they set up an in person interview.
     i interviewed with one of the floor managers. They asked a few questions and then they offered the job. They also gave a quick tour of the floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience.
      Go through your past educations.   Answer Question