Softchoice Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Softchoice President and CEO Vince De Palma
Vince De Palma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can bring your dog to work and there are a lot of fun events (in 24 reviews)

• Company offers benefits like free lunches, monthly beer cart/social gatherings, a work computer to use anytime, and more (in 39 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great job/company to set you up for a long career in IT"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- manager is easy to talk to, supports his team, is there to help when needed, trust his employees to do their job (does not micromanage), has great advice and ideas for assisting you in hitting your goals
    - flexibility - whether is be with hours or working from home or vacation
    - can bring you furry friend to the office
    - lots of free training available
    - Seattle office morale is unlike any other work place
    - supportive management all around
    - monthly celebrations
    - great benefits and medical plan

Cons

- pay is not as competitive as it should be
    - days can get monotonous, if you let them
    - can be extremely challenging at times (not sure if that is a con tho :) )

2. "Good work life balance, decent pay, need better sales support"

Pros

Decent pay, good work life balance, unlimtied sick days and plenty vacation time

Cons

Need more resources to support sales team

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people to work with

Cons

weak strategy if you even know what it is

4. "Account Executive (Outbound Hunter)"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Continuous Training, Benefits, Overall Culture of the Company

Cons

Base Pay is really the only Con that I can see. But if you want to be revelant in the field this is a great place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep providing the internal opportunities for the people that you invested in

5. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Softchoice. there is a lot of opportunity to grow and be successful. with the new compensation leveling, you do not feel stuck in the sales floor but you have a way to be financially compensated as you do what you are good at.

Cons

There is a predominant "bro" culture

"Fraud"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Occasionally there are vendor funded incentives to make you feel like you get paid crap because they try to make it a "fun" envionrment yet they completely cut anything related to employee appreciation and the vendor incentives are funded by THE VENDOR. So it's not costing Softchoice anything but they like to throw that in your face as some sort of justification.

Cons

Not even sure where to begin. I have never worked in such a toxic, brainwashing, filthy environment. This company claims to "grow their people" but they USE and ABUSE their people. I dreaded going to work every single day because management is the biggest joke and all of my peers seemed to be like robots looking to do whatever just to get by. I watched this place bring out the worst in others. I've watched DISRESPECTFUL field reps get praised while Inside reps did all the work. It's true if you bring in money you can treat people with complete disrespect and get away with it. My advice to anyone looking to work here is to run fast and far in any other direction. Take a service industry job before considering working here.

Advice to Management

If you're a manager you've probably been with Softchoice for sometime and my advice is for you to leave. The company is falling apart. It cannot afford good people so they hire young and sometimes mindless people because those people just don't know any better. Easier to screw someone over who is oblivious. Softchoice will never be able to maintain accounts or grow business because they are not competitive or equipped yet reps are expected to grow account at an unrealistic rate of 20% year over year. The average growth rate is between 10-15. Stop telling people they can make more when Softchoice literally does everything in their power to make sure no one can hit there plan beacause of their unrealistic expectations/ requirements. This job doesn't provide a livable wage or a tolerable work environment. Simply put, this place is a fraud.

7. "Great Place to start your IT Sales Career"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Softchoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, all of the product specialists, Presale Solution Architects, and resources are great. For the most part you can reach out to your resources and get some assistance either right away or schedule some time to get that help. Best if you work in a larger market with a local manager. Its difficult to be in or support a remote locations unless you do well with being completely alone and resources and technical support will be 99% remote. Its a great place to be if you want to get into Sales in general, or want to see what IT Sales is like as well. You have the potiential to build a great network.

Cons

If you are looking for a company that you can advance into management you must be willing to move. There is a lot of products and services offered and the expectations of knowing it all is unrealistic.

"5+ Yrs. - A great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Dell Client Specialist
    Current Employee - Dell Client Specialist

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity - Break into the IT and Sales industries in entry level Sales positions
    Exposure - You'll work with every major IT vendor
    Growth - You'll learn a ton. You'll have the opportunity to grow internally, I started as an Inside Account Manager and have moved into a Pre-Sales Specialist role.
    Culture - I love the Seattle office, people are incredibly supportive. This is NOT your cliché hard driven sales environment. We're all invested in each others success.

Cons

You'll need to be self-driven and self-lead. This is a flexible, supportive place, but the sales positions can be challenging as you start to learn IT. It will be on you to problem solve, ask for the help you need, and then put the effort in to apply it.

You'll be asked to dive in. I was hired with no IT background and had to learn on the go. I wouldn't say I was fluent until about the 2 year mark. It's a challenge. It's also a fantastic opportunity to get into a new industry.

Advice to Management

I love our new career pathing and leveling systems, which are spreading. It's invaluable to have a clear idea where you are and where you can go within an organization. Continuing to keep those options available and clear and adding that to Business Development would be great.

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice full-time

Pros

Softchoice is a phenomenal company to work for. The solutions and services it brings to market positions it uniquely to continue to see considerable YoY growth and take market share. As a workplace, we enjoy a diverse and inclusive culture or hardworking people that represent the most exceptional talent in the industry.

The office feels like a start up but has the support and resources of a Fortune 500 company. I've never worked with smarter, more capable individuals.

Cons

None really come to mind.

Advice to Management

Don't take your eyes off the prize. There's plenty of market fragmentation and disruption to continue to take market share and advance within the marketplace!

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office location in Queen Anne is great, near good restaurants and bars. Office is modern with ping pong table and a nice kitchen. Young work force.

Cons

I started with such high hopes for this company and I truly wish I could have more positive things to say but to echo a lot of the same sentiments that other former and current employees mentioned, the Managers and the office in general is just a toxic place to be. After being able to be removed from the situation and having time to reflect, its just downright disgusting the way managers and fellow teammates treat their subordinates. Extreme lack of professionalism, borderline bullying, and beyond immature on so many levels. This is coming from people well into their late 30's and 40's who act like insecure college kids. The real problem is that about 60% of their mid level management in Seattle has been their since the mid to late 2000's and because of this, you have this either you're with us or against us mentality that leads to them thinking that they are 'holier than thou.' Additionally, I've never seen more instances of backstabbing and coworkers throwing their teammates under the bus to help elevate their image within the company. Part of me feels like the managers and higher ups know this, but actually enjoy the 'competitiveness' of it all. They really don't care about happiness of their employee's either, which is bizarre...why invest in someone and send them off to a training program and then watch them drop like flies and leave? Not to mention the pay is pretty substandard for living in Seattle.

Advice to Management

Case in point, many of you are frauds, especially in Seattle and is why many of you, are still mid level managers at a lower-tier VAR. I feel pity for most of you not because of who you are, but because of the choices you've made and how you treat others. Its a reflection of your own self worth and with the constant drinking culture that runs rampant in the Seattle office, I actually pray that some of you find peace one day. This isn't a joke, Softchoice in Seattle is a toxic, toxic place. Look at all the other reviews and you'll know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Some very fine and hard working people left and went on to better companies like Amazon, Dell, Microsoft, etc. so what does that tell you about leadership in the Seattle office? If you want to fix it, I highly suggest actually getting an HR Department with a back bone that will look into the complaints against some of the managers and co-workers and will reprimand those constant offenders.

Softchoice Response

Oct 2, 2017 – SVP People and Growth

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The behaviors you describe are deeply concerning to me, and not at all reflective of our Softchoice values. We strive to provide every employee the same... More