KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rich Barton
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zillow and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best place to work at 2022

May 31, 2022 - Business Development Representative in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides amazing work culture, amazing benefits and fantastic career development. They also provide fully remote and hybrid schedules, depending on what works best for the employee. The company truly values work-life balance and they ensure you are taken care of!

Cons

I haven't found a con yet, and that says a lot because most jobs either fail in one or more of the categories I mentioned in the pros, plus management typically sucks at most places. Not at Zillow though. Everyone is so caring, helpful and supportive and everyone strives to make sure everyone on the team performs well and help when ever assistance is required.

4 people found this review helpful

Zillow Response

Zillow

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your insight and welcome to Zillow! Best, Amber Friedlander amberf@zillowgroup.com Senior Talent Marketing Specialist

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 19, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of passionate and intelligent people at the company. Worked here right out of college and have learned a lot from plenty of great people

Cons

Volatile stock and general company path as of this last year

3. 4.0

Great place to work

Aug 9, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great connection and managerial work.

Cons

Base pay could be better

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

QAM

Jul 28, 2022 - QAM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative, great benefits, talented and caring people.

Cons

Worklife balance, growth for QA

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture and benefits!

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, fun activities, beautiful HQ

Cons

Layoffs. Compensation seems low compared to competition.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best companies to work for in the NW/Remote

Aug 3, 2022 - Customer Support in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fully remote with a wonderful work-life balance and amazing benefits. There is also a strong emphasis on culture and equity and belonging.

Cons

Although the culture and benefits are amazing, the salary is not as competitive for similar roles.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok

Aug 2, 2022 - Construction Superintendent in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

No micromanaging, great place to work

Cons

Managers pick due favorites based on personal reasons

8. 5.0

Fantastic Culture

Jul 30, 2022 - Strategic Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture and benefits package

Cons

Target goals keep changing and comp has gone down

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The All Time Best Career of My Life!

Jul 26, 2022 - Senior Sales Executive in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the minute I arrived at Zillow in Irvine for my interview and was sitting in the large room off the elevator, an employee walked off the elevator with a big smile and said, "Hi, can I help you find someone?" and I told him that I had an interview. So he said "OK, they will be out soon, and good luck" with a big smile". Then my nerves settled down and I knew this was the perfect place already! My interview was with 3 managers and 1 of them was the General Manager who ended up being so amazing! I was hired and from that day on my entire life changed. Working at Zillow was like working super hard, but also having the most fun, being served healthy amazing food, being surrounded by the most cool people (95% cool which are pretty darn good stats), and being able to make as much money as you wanted to! Work hard and make a lot of money if you worked! We had parties at the office that were so fun after work too! Dinners at restaurants, top sellers were always being awarded prizes, every week there was some sort of prizes being given out! We were always winning money, prizes, dinners out! The few people that complained back then weren't meant to sell or were too busy in their personal lives to work at an inside sales position. This was the best opportunity of a lifetime! I am so grateful to have been part of such a fabulous group, been hired and enjoyed this time with so many other amazing people, and been able to buy a fabulous home because of this career. XOXO Zillow Group!

Cons

There were over 10 bad apples that were extremely negative and it rubbed off on the positive people that were there. There are a few of them that are still there too. I don't understand that part of the business, to me that doesn't make any sense. During the reorg everything changed and I know it could have handled that better. But, talking to the employees and telling them what was going to happen down the road (like a year in advance) would have been better than having surprises every single Monday at the Monday morning meetings. It's hard to continue working at your dream place and every Monday you are crushed with more news that affects your job.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I love Zillow!

Jul 29, 2022 - Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well known real estate company that offers great benefits, salary and culture.

Cons

Time off is accrued a bit slow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,514 Reviews
</>Embed

Zillow Reviews FAQs

Zillow has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,621 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Zillow to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Zillow employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Zillow. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

69% of Zillow employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Zillow 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Zillow to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Zillow Job Seekers