Zillow 487 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is a complete joke (in 13 reviews)

• Managers that have been there for years are lazy and if you report this to HR you get let go (in 10 reviews)

"Dream job!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you give your very best you to Zillow, they give their best right back at you. The management team listens and pays close attention to what you have to offer, to see how they can help provide support and encouragement, to grow within the company. The doors are always open!

Everyone works hard to collaborate on building the best user experience that we can but we also taking time out to play a few rounds of ping-pong or grab a free snack (fruit, chips, pretzels, carrots, hard boiled eggs, hummus, jelly beans, mini-candy bars, the you-name-it it's-on-the-candy-wall candy, nuts, trail mix, yes..Zillow provides all of that...everyday!).

Our office fosters creativity and brain space with so many relaxing rooms/window seats/kitchens/libraries to work, take a break, or just enjoy the amazing views!

Cons

Just that all of my friends are jealous!

Advice to Management

Know that you are appreciated, thank you!

"Sr. Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company as a whole. Really can't complain from a big picture. The CEO is remarkable, the vision is amazing, and the benefits are incredible.

Cons

The Denver office is really only a sales center. Don't get me wrong, you can make a great living, but career trajectory is very limited.

Advice to Management

I have the same things to say that have already been said. It's truly a great company, just not the place for someone who values their job beyond a paycheck.

Feb 22, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the fantastic review. I agree on all fronts. Regarding career opportunities, this is an important topic to me personally and we should discuss your insights further. Please feel free ... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, amazing benefits, your voice gets heard, transparency, everyone matters, fair pay and awesome people

Cons

I keep looking for one...

Advice to Management

Take the time to teach your teams appreciation. We are so beyond spoiled and people start to get greedy. I would love managers to continually remind their teams how awesomely blessed we are.

Show up to events. If managers don't show up, why would your reps?

Feb 22, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the great review. Your feedback certainly aligns with our core values. I am glad to see you observe those values at work on a daily basis. Also, thank you for your insights around ... More

"Sales Exectutive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are absolutely amazing.

Cons

Constantly asking more and more from their employees without offering much incentive. Career advancement can be very difficult.

Feb 27, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the review. I agree our people are amazing. To me, that is the best part of working at Zillow Group. I am interested in hearing more about your thoughts regarding our incentive plans ... More

"Zillow listens..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly transparent company. Empowers it's employees to do their best work. I've seen endless examples of our leadership soliciting feedback from the company, and then take action on areas of opportunity. Great company to work for.

Cons

Nothing major to share here.

Zillow Response

Feb 8, 2017 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Great!! Thank you for this great review. It made my day.

7. "Cleaning House in Denver"

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits - that's about it

Cons

The Denver Office used to be one of the best places to work at in Denver. The vibe was awesome, the people used to be great...now everyone is just like robots. People are getting walked out left and right. Gone are the days of creativity...and collaboration. All you have to do is just smile and say yes to your leader (Schwartz, Amy...we're talking to you here) and you'll have long term career potential with this company. And God help the ex-Trulia employees.....you all are doomed. Even Pete bailed off of the board.....hello red flag!

Advice to Management

Spend more than a day in Denver each year....you will see how great the office really is. Amy, Schwartz, Spencie, no need to respond....it's not like you really care anyway. Look in the mirror for once.....

Feb 28, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Zillow Group. Being someone who comes from the Trulia side myself, I must say your assessment is counter to my personal experience and ... More

"worked at Zillow for over a year and a half"

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance is great. well stocked kitchen. You can make a lot of money in sales if you are good at it. The people are good, for the most part.

Cons

I worked in the Denver office. The drug culture is out of control, even reaching into management level. I have been in the office when someone came in stinking of marijuana. I have seen another rep come in from lunch with a white ring around his nose. If I had a 20-something son or daughter I wouldn't want them to work here simply because it's easy to get caught up in that culture. pill popping is not uncommon at all. I have had managers who were coked out during the day. There's one guy in particular who would be on adderall and just stare me down for no good reason. It got to be uncomfortable after a while, to the point where I no longer wanted to there anymore.

Also, since Zillow bought Trulia, it stopped being any sort of fun in the Denver office. It used to be a really fun place to work. I used to look forward to going in because every day was a new adventure. Then, somewhere along the line, it just turned into straight up drudgery. Also, there is little to no room for advancement.

It's a good place to cut your teeth but I wouldn't want to be there more than 2 years. that would be my maximum. it's changed for the worse, that's for sure and that's the consensus on the floor. One region, right now, is fomenting mutiny. It's just a matter of time before that situation blows up. The die-hards will stay because they're grandfathered in. I can see a mass exodus within the next 6 months happening.

Advice to Management

The horse is out of the barn now. It's not a fun place to work at anymore. hiring managers off the street is not a good idea if you can avoid it. I know you want "fresh perspectives" but think about the message it sends to people. think about the message it sends to those directly affected. We had a manager hired off the street. The consensus was "this is a slap in the face." a few of those people directly affected by that hire have left Zillow, either of their own volition or fired.

Feb 22, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us at Zillow Group. We do pride ourselves on providing a fantastic financial opportunity to our world class sales organization. I ... More

9. "Absolutely one of the best places to work"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is amazing. The management team is great and easy to reach out to. Benefits are superb. Would recommend working here!

Cons

None that I have noticed so far

Feb 13, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I'm very glad to hear you'd recommend Zillow as a top workplace, and you find your managers responsive and available. I want to make sure we continue to meet and ... More

10. "Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No micro management. Treats employees with respect and consistently keeps us in 'the know'. One of their motos is #turnonthelights meaning there is complete transparency from Senior Execs, company shifts, etc all the way to the bottom. Open door policy - They seem to value opinions and ideas. In the past I've worked at several companies where 'sharing your opinion was welcome' but in reality would put you on the radar as a troublemaker. GREAT benefits. Strong 401k match. In my opinion, the health plan is among one of the best I've heard of. Maternity/Paternity just increased to 16 weeks. If you produce they will take care of you with pay increase + stock options. Of course, the never ending supply of cafe/coffee and snacks is a nice perk. I could keep going but if you're thinking about applying do yourself a favor and pull the trigger. Spencer and the exec team are talented, strong leaders with a vision. I'll remain at the company for some time because I truly believe it will continue to expand into something even greater than it already is.

Cons

None yet. I've only worked at the company for a little over a year so the corporate drama could inevitably surface but from what I've experienced thus far it's a well oiled machine that values it's employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Feb 7, 2017 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

I'm glad Zillow Group has been the best company you have ever worked for! We focus on our Core Values here and I'm excited you feel we do a great job with #turnonthelights. If you ever have any ... More

11. "Entry Level PAC role"

Current Employee - Pac in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Pac in Denver, CO

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to start your post college career. Exposes you to corporate settings, goals, and processes. Great benefits.

Cons

Advancement limited for non-technical positions. Work can become monotonous.