Aerotek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017
1,071 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

You will have a phone screen with a recruiter, and then either an in person interview or phone screen with the Director. After that, you will have a 1 hour behavioral interview (which can get pretty intense) and then spend some time in the office to sit with other Recruiters and Managers and shadow some parts of their day. The interview is average, but the behavior I would argue to rate as difficult because they really pick apart your answers and analyze each little thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not pulling their weight, what did you do?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Standard situational interview with functional questions. Met with Director and account manager. Very easy to talk to. They start with a phone interview with the recruiter then in person with the two managers and later coming in for a half day shadow. After that day you will know if you receive an offer.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aerotek (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview I've ever gone to. I was weary at first due to all the bad reviews I found, however they were completely confirmed. I had scheduled a 1:30 PM interview with the recruiter I won't name names however this recruiter was a half an hour late to her own interview claiming that they were in a meeting for 9/11 which fine and all but she called to confirm the 1:30 pm interview at 9am. I was there promptly at 1:30 and watched for a half hour people that had arrived later then i did get called, extremely frustrating. So I can only assume that this in not a professional company looking out for the people they employ.

The interview itself was a joke completely unstructured at its base. No actually questions pertaining to position or what I was looking for. Instead the told me to reformat my resume that had be formatted but a resume writer which would have been fine if not for the week prior they wanted an updated resume. Introduction to reformat should have been given at that time so that I am not wasting my time coming in to an interview with a resume that is not fit for your purpose.
    I can only assume that the company has only their interest in mind not mine

The interview concluded in the same fashion where the The recruiter told me she was going to speak with her managers in regards to open positions only returning to tell me that her managers were in a meeting and that she would have to come contact me later this was a complete waste of my time and gives me no reason to trust this company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever thought of reformatting your resume to have your skills under each job title   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Process was great. Everyone was so helpful. They contacted me on the phone saying they had come across my resume online. I went in for an interview with Nathan and he was super helpful about where to place me.

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

I initially learned about Aerotek when they helped me get a job in retail in NYC. Back then they cut off all communication with me once my term was done and wouldn't help me resume my summer job after returning from my semester in college. I decided to give them another chance anyway.

After applying for this position with Aerotek I immediately received a call from a recruiter telling me she liked my resume and would like to speak further. Because she was going out of town she set up a phone interview with her partner, who made it clear during the interview she had no idea what she was doing or who I was. She was under the impression that I was looking for a job through Aerotek rather than a job with Aerotek, and spent the only ten minutes confusedly remarking on why I didn't have a job. After this lovely exchange I emailed the original woman explaining the confusion and not surprisingly, never heard back. This "company" is a waste of your time, no matter your qualifications. Don't bother.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an idea of why you think you haven't gotten a job yet?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aerotek.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions. It was very conversational without canned questions. I interviewed with multiple account executives (hiring managers) and was left in the dark. I still don't know where I stand as far as the selection/interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a large amount of assignments?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about terminating someone?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aerotek in August 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview after multiple attempted connections from recruiter. The recruiter did not ask many questions about my actual experience, but focused more on my salary requirements and availability to interview. The entire process seemed a bit excessive and they required personal information to move forward in the interview process, so I didn't continue.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aerotek in August 2017.

Interview

I just want to warn anyone interviewing for Aerotek to not be too misled. Aerotek called me on the telephone to begin with but they don't share the job opportunity or the location right away. I called Aerotek back and had a bit of a lengthy phone conversation talking about my experiences, etc. They revealed an opportunity that would be good for me. I was told I had to take 6 tests which would be an hour long. I was also told I had to come in and meet "quickly" like 15 minutes but I wasn't sure what for at this point. So, I take the 6 tests maybe 40 or more questions each. The tests tally your results right away and I did well. I get an appointment to go in for this "short" 15 minute visit to Aerotek. They made it seem like everything had to be done "now" or the job would magically go away. I go into Aerotek for this "short" 15 minute meeting to find out it is like you never had a previous interview over the phone and I was there probably about 1 and a half hours. In 1 and a half hours, the recruiter, who is actually very nice, questioned me on the same things we had gone over on the phone. The job I was really interested in was discussed but other opportunities were suggested. Apparently, I had some of the best test scores and I sincerely wanted the job. The Manager comes in and starts questioning me about my "dream job". I got the feeling if I had told her I always wanted to be an astronaut she may have understood the sarcasm possibly. First of all, I did everything I could to apply to and do well on the tests for the opportunity at hand. Obviously, if I did not want the job I would have never invested the time to do all this. Many of us have "dream jobs" but in the midst we have bills to pay, families to take care of, and goals to achieve and can't sit on our butts while you analyze what our "dream job" is. So she asks me why I had voluntarily left a few other jobs and what my roles were. So, from my experience with Aerotek, honesty is not the best policy because I was honest....we will get to this in a minute. She comes out and says she feels this job is basically beneath me, which is odd. How can you determine for someone else when a job is beneath them or not. I know plenty of super intelligent, highly educated, hard working people in all lines of work who take jobs that don't necessarily apply to their skill set for various reasons. I was kind of insulted. I know that this person will tell me I don't have the job because she already seemed so negative. Anyway, I get a call from the recruiter saying her Manager was not hiring me for the job I desired because of "her concerns with the reasons I gave for quitting my previous jobs." Well, the things that happened on those jobs happened, people in the workplace are not perfect, companies are not perfect, and things happen. I didn't lie to her about why I quit. Now here is the irony - as I am now conducting a new job search most of the companies I had quit and reapplied to like a year later have contacted me to interview next week. Funny how they are not holding a grudge about the reasons I quit. I guess Aerotek is a better judge at why you quit a job than the company who understands the circumstances and may have referenced people who previously worked with me. Long story short, I know I am a great employee and I know I don't need to tell lies about things that have happened. The icing on the cake came in the message saying that I was not hired for the position - the recruiter said she had other positions open I could apply for. How hilarious, if you already don't like the reasons why I left certain companies for one job I would have been great at, why the heck would you want me to apply for other positions???? I'm just saying, this place is VERY misleading. Find a better agency or pool your resources to promote yourself. You don't need this.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason for leaving your previous job(s)?   1 Answer

Compounder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aerotek (Piscataway, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Very informal and basic. A quick glance and scan through the resume. Questions like "What are you looking for in a job?" were asked. A brief summary of job duties according to job position was asked for. 2 job offers were given which was interesting. Still have not received a follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aerotek (Farmers Branch, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens, in person interview, half day shadow. The first phone screen was a 10 minute conversation. Second phone screen was about a 45 minute conversation discussing your resume then a few behavioral questions. Make sure you have situations prepared in your head for the questions. During the in person interview, you will meet with the director and 1 account manager. they ask you more behavioral questions. Make sure you follow the STAR method when answering questions. Also, make sure you're smiling and showing your personality. The last step is the half day shadow. You will meet with about 4 different people (2 recruiters, 2 account managers) then wrap things up with the director again. During the shadow, make sure you are taking notes and asking questions.