Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.9

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Before I describe the interview process I want to say I have never in my life dealt with a more unprofessional and discriminating company in my entire life! After the second step (steps listed below) I waited for days to hear a response and thought maybe they will get back to me since its the holidays.. NOT THE CASE. THEY ALREADY KNOW WHO THEY WILLL HIRE/WHAT THEY WANT THE PERSON TO LOOK LIKE.Out of respect every candidate should receive an email stating why they were not chosen for the next step.Your interview questions are about how you should treat your potential employees and this is it? I would be embarrassed to work for this company. This company could care less about you or your time. Don't waste your time with this nonsense..

There are three steps to the interview process:
    1. 15 minute online assessment on Talent Acquisitions. (moderately hard)
    2. If you pass the assessment you are chosen for the second round which is a "One-Way Video" Interview. There are five questions and you are timed 60 seconds each.
    3. Face to face with the VP

Interview Questions

• Two interesting facts about talent acquisitions or HR department?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Lots of jumping through hoops. Waiting. Jumping through more hoops. More waiting. Still waiting. Wunderlick and personality test. Wait some more. Phone screen. Time is ticking. Panel interview. Gotta take another Wunderlick and personality test. Interviewers were 2 hours late. Just sitting there waiting. Finally, people!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

A recruiter setup the interview. I had an initial 30 minute phone screen with an HR representative. Immediately after the phone screen I took a personality test (PI) online. That same day the recruiter contacted me to setup 1.5 hour in-person interview. This was scheduled for the following week. The first part of the in-person interview was a 12 minute 50 question Wonderlic test. After that I went to a different room and had about a one hour interview with three individuals at the same time. They only seemed to care about whether I knew the technologies they were working with. They did not care about any of my past experiences. They came across as very condescending. When I left I had made up my mind I would not want to work here regardless of any offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a merge sort. This is really the last thing I expected for the position I was interviewing for. It took me about 15 minutes and afterwords I realized I did not handle one case (they did not point this out, I realized it after the fact). The reality is I would have done better on this question if I was a recent college grad. This is a fairly easy problem that I would easily complete with 100% correctness in a work environment in a reasonable amount of time (develop, implement and tested in under an hour). I could possibly see spending time on these types of questions in a longer interview. Or if I was interviewing for a software developer position. But in a 1 hour interview for a software architect this is what they focus on? What about focusing on architecture experience? For example, how about asking about how I solved architectural problems in any of the past systems I worked on? Or ask architecture related questions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Altisource in April 2012.

Interview

First round was telephonic interview and next week was followed by 2 rounds of technical interview with Technical Lead and Manager. Initially they took me as contractor. After one year they made me Permanent Employee

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview

I applied at a job fair and they contacted me about an interview. It was a small chat, more of a personality matching type thing really. There was one small logic test, but it's on the level of an easy SAT prep type deal. There was also a meet and greet; yet another personality test. There was no technical interview, and I would be wary to work here. Light work load, not very interesting nor computationally intensive programs.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

It took over a month and 3 interviews and still did not get pickedThere were other normal questions asked and a GED paper assessment that had nothing to do with the job itself it was supposedly to see if you are not pressured. They waste ALOT of your time and money! I should have listened to the all the warnings on this site would have saved myself time, money, effort, and interviewed at other places

Interview Questions

• I have 7 billiard balls and one of them is weaker in the few amount of tries how would I locate the weaker ball using only a scale?

Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult matter?

Tell me a time when you had difficulty with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Very intense!! There's the Wonder-lick and then another test. There was two phone interviews and a face to face. Interview was about two to three hours. The interview questions were not really related to my position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure everything is writing as far as negotiating.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Slow and unorganized and had to wait a long time to receive any update. The manager was good but the process after that took a very long time. So had to wait and it was uncertain. They have to be a little more professional in their approach

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join our company   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource in October 2017.

Interview

Although I was contacted shortly after I applied for the job online, the interview is extremely short with very few behavioral questions. Plus, The recruiter asked about salary expectation in the first interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for Analyst role, Received email from VP within 24 hours, saying I'm not right fit for the role, would I want to consider Internship? I accepted the offer, gave the PI and Online WPT, followed by in person WPT and interview. I was interviewed by VP HR, Head of OD, Senior HR Generalist and Staffing Analyst. The whole process took less than 2 weeks and it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How is the internship and HR aligned to your career goals?
      Couple of word puzzles