Altisource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altisource Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altisource (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Very holistic interview approach. Very fun! First part was a video interview-only one way. Second was a quick phone conversation and then some assessments. Then face to fave with a few folks and one more assessment. Not a traditional interview but very effective and efficient.

Interview Questions

• What question do you think I should have asked you that I didn't?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

They replied to my application super quick and I had a call with a recruiter. They then sent me some additional questions and assessments and then scheduled a face to face with the hiring manager who seemed really chill and intelligent. I then met a few other people who all seemed to really love it there. Waiting for next steps but whatever the concerns they were having before seem to have been addressed

Interview Questions

• They spent a lot of time talking about the details of what I had actually done instead of just talking about what I think I could do.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with three people then moved to onsite interview with a wonderlic test and conference bridge with two people. Straight forward job interviewing process but the building was hard to find at first

Interview Questions

• Random software questions were asked and technology questions   1 Answer

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Interview

Everything seemed normal and fine in the beginning. First off, the recruiter was extremely nice and helpful. There were two wonderlic tests which the recruiter informed me to find practice tests online to study with. There was also a P&I Survey. Next I was going to do a phone interview but then I was told the hire managers just wanted to move foward with the face to face interview so we did that instead. I received a call week later from the recruiter stating the hiring manager wanted to move foward to the offer phase and that I would receive more feedback shortly. This is when it began to get weird. The recruiter asked me to fill out another application online making sure to fill out dates for all jobs worked. He then sent me the consent for a background check form to sign which I thought was weird since I didnt have an offet but I decided to sign it anyway. About a week goes by he says he stills waiting for feedback so I'm like ok and another week goes by and he tells me he is waiting for his executives in India to make some sort of interviewing decision. Now in my head I'm like "whaaaaat!!". Luck I was offered another position with a different company around the same time so I was just able to go in a different direction but I think Altisource needs to get things together in their recruiting department. You just don't tell someone that your interested in making an offer, get them to sign a consent for a ba background check and never follow up with again. That seems odd.

Career Specialist/Sourcer/Inside Sales/Cold Calling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was given the job title bait and switch for interview. Really it was a cold calling job with whatever hours they felt they wanted you to work. I was asked one question and spoke with team members who were visually stressed, no thanks.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I took the tests they send candidates and went to their office for an interview.

First, I think the company could have an incredibly bright future, but their recruiting process could really hurt them. It's very obvious that their recruitment process is in complete disarray, yet they're rejecting qualified and experienced people who can fix those problems in favor of inexperienced people (they admit that they hire people with no experience). I'm not the first person to say that their recruitment process is very broken (a growing company like this requires a strong recruitment process - and to get there, it requires experienced recruitment professionals). It seems like they're just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Also, when reading the responses on Glassdoor from HR, it's very clear that he's getting incredibly defensive and again, that isn't the way to improve the recruiting process or the candidate experience. There's a better way to say it if you believe the comments are wrong - but getting incredibly defensive and then not even addressing the issues that many of us have communicated won't get you far. If many of us are saying it, it doesn't seem like we're the problem.

It's a great company, but the recruitment process is incredibly flawed. The team I interviewed with seemed great, but the candidate experience post-interview has been awful.

Recovery Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call the same day to fill out another application and schedule a in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a math/grammar test and a one on one with hr personnel. The interview was quick, just a few questions regarding previous experience and "Name a time when" questions. She said if I didn't hear anything back within a week I should call. I did receive a rejection letter a week later.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

After completing a skills assessment online, I was sent another link to complete an recorded interview.

After competing the online interview, I never heard back from anyone.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position and was contacted by a recruiter. Being excited about the position, I responded to setting up a time to speak with the recruiter. The recruiter sent me a Calendly link with available times in her schedule and I scheduled the conversation for the next week since my schedule for the current week was booked during work hours. The recruiter responded by asking if I could speak with her the next day because she would be unavailable the entire next week. Of course, wanting the job I moved things around in my schedule to accommodate hers although her calendar clearly showed she would be free unless she wouldn't have those times available for me to select. I spent time preparing for the interview and the day of the interview came and went. The recruiter NEVER called! Once the first ten minutes passed, I composed an email asking about her well-being and that I'd still like to speak because I was interested in the position. She never responded my email which I found extremely unprofessional. I get it, recruiters are swamped but you also have to consider the candidate experience. I will never apply for another job here or refer colleagues to consider this company.

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I never post these... but I had to this time. Something is amiss at this place. After reading the reviews about the company and the details about the interview process... I honestly was hoping it was wrong. It wasn't. The interview was out of town for me, but I went. The recruiter was helpful and friendly... but as soon as the interview was over.... radio silence. This was inspite of rave test and interview reviews during the process. I, like everyone else, took a pointless test that you don't even know the results of. I, like everyone else, started recieving weird automated "please fill out this application" emails AFTER the final interview... something just isn't right... it really seems like they are interviewing to collect data. 2 weeks after the interview... no contact aside from automated emails.. so I reached out. They responded back immediately that they had chosen someone else.... but why would you wait until I emailed you? It's just all very odd. Oh! And they gave me a card saying how nice it was to meet me BEFORE the interview... that stated the interview went great... but I hadn't interviewed yet?