Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 71 reviews)

• Work environment is very pleasant and encourages to work better (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 53 reviews)

• No job security at all, no matter how many years u worked with altisource, they just don't care (in 27 reviews)

"Financial Analyst"

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

Nature Free environment, Facilities are good

Cons

No job security, no projects are stable for long term

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home flexibility, management will listen to your ideas

Cons

Company has lost it's tech start-up feel

"Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Level Lll Client Support in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Level Lll Client Support in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Altisource for 4 years now and I have been promoted twice. Career and Financial goals have been opened to me while working here. I work in the Atlanta office and I love the HR and recruitment team here.

Cons

Most work places are not perfect and managers and team members come and go but if there is growth and opportunity to better myself I am satisfied.

Advice to Management

Management has been good. Some people manage in there own way and I do not agree with it, but my current manager is the best any company could have to offer.

"Scammers that don’t pay you what they say they will!"

Current Employee - Altisource Corporate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Altisource Corporate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

Best coworkers in the world
    Good lower level management
    Good facilities
    Good benefits
    Fun environment

Cons

All of my coworkers were promised salaries that were $10k -$20k more than the actual offer they received.
    This company literally tries to find ways not to pay their employees what they were initially promised, and everyone who works there tries to ignore this; but the tension is always there.

Advice to Management

In response to the HR department, please do not respond to this review asking me to email you with concerns because you simply do not care. You are only asking people on this public forum to email you with their concerns to cover your tracks.

May 17, 2018 – VP of HR

If you have an offer letter stating youwould receive a different salary than you are actually receiving and you don't think emailing us, calling us or stopping us in the hall would help, I honestly... More

5. "Company as a whole is good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like some the people I work with. Some of the directors actually want to know how you do your job and the process it takes to do it to get realistic expectations.

Cons

Boss was unappreciative and made it clear he didn’t like me. I enjoyed my job, I just didn’t enjoy being talked down to. Note- not all bosses/directors are like this

Advice to Management

Understand what your employees do daily and understand the process.

"No raises for over 3 years"

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Compensation in the past was very competitive.

Cons

No cost of living increases or raises for US employees for past three years unless a manager lobbied for an exception. It appears that this policy will continue because - when asked about raises in a town hall meeting recently - the CEO's response was that he believed people should get raises when they are promoted. That's a very narrow-minded viewpoint.

What makes this more worrisome is that the salary freezes appear to be bleeding to India, where the inflation rate is higher and good personnel simply will not stick around if there is a raise freeze.

Advice to Management

Inflation is increasing. Yes, salaries were competitive in the past, but now they are in-line with the market. People should be able to hold the same position and expect at least a minimal increase in pay periodically. There are a lot of good workers who are working sacrificially for this company but are not in a position to get promoted for one reason or another. This extended freeze on salary increases is going to be very harmful to the company in the long run. The CEO's dismissive response to the question about raises really damaged my opinion of him.

Mar 1, 2018 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback; please reach out directly to me because I believe you misunderstood Bill's (the CEO) comments at the Town Hall. There are no salary freezes (and haven't been in the two... More

7. "Review"

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Good benefits including vacation & healthcare plan. Clear and fast interview process.

Cons

Company is spread out so there is not a cohesive culture and any changes take a long time to be implemented.

Feb 27, 2018 – VP of HR

It is funny, we were just talking today how to better engage our remote employees. I would love if you had any suggestions. Please email me directly to bwilkins@altisource.com

Bradford Wilkins... More

"Current Employee - Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to drive your personal growth and career path. I have worked hard since I've been here (over a year now) and have had the pleasure of working alongside smart, inspiring and equally driven colleagues who have supported my workload and made it a fun environment to work hard/play hard in! Never found myself micro-managed - if you are willing to collaborate in this environment then you will find it rewarding, challenging and enjoyable. I have found it's important to be clear and vocal on personal stretch goals - and upper management are always responsive to such requests (in general the environment and working culture is very responsive to what you put into it).

Cons

None! I love the people that I work with, and I would encourage anyone considering working here to come and explore it for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open forums between upper management and all levels of the company - transparency wherever possible will keep this a great place to work!

Feb 27, 2018 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. This is consistent with the company I experience every day and we strive to have for all employees.

Bradford Wilkins
    Vice President, Human Resources... More

9. "Analyst"

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

People are very helpful and considerate

Cons

people have to be more proactive and should have more events

Bradford Wilkins
    Vice President, Human Resources
    bwilkins@altisource.com

"Its good if team is good"

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

Overall performance of the company is not good now.