Amedisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.3

OTR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amedisys (Orangeburg, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted friend for their experience with company. Completed application online. Was called within 24 hours by recruiter. Set up interview for best day. Received offer the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, MO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amedisys (Hillsboro, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I began with Amedisys as a contract employee on a temporary assignment. After assignment was over I began working part-time with Amedisys, and then transitioned to a full-time employee. No interview was conducted in the change from part-time to full-time.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amedisys (Tucson, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with the office director & therapy supervisor. They were very focused on telling me how great their company is, were very open about full time vs part time vs contract status, expectations of the job, learning opportunities and specialty programs provided by their agency.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions about my experience (though they did have my resume in hand), were more concerned about my availability to treat patients   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward, they base their pay on a per-visit rate, which varies according to the type of visit (admission vs. eval vs. regular treatment, etc). It was a take-it-or-leave it situation, but they were willing to work with me as far as transitioning from my previous job, where I needed to complete specialty patient treatment cases which no one else would be available to cover.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amedisys (Huntsville, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I learned of the job through a friend and an employee of the company and contacted the director by phone to set up the interview. FRIENDLY AND OPEN. ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED. LOW PRESSURE.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Demorest, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amedisys (Demorest, GA).

Interview

The interview was good and asked a lot of good questions. I was also given the opportunity to aske questions as well.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected or diffficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was good. I was able to get what I asked for in salary, and other personal issues. However, it has been 5 years , and I have been through 2 other managers. Now things have changed and when they said I would only be seeing 5 to 6 patients a day it is now 7 to 8. When they said and had an agreement that I did not have to take PTO to go to MD as long as I got my schedule seen . This has changed as well. They now do not care or are honoring there end of the agreement.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amedisys.

Interview

I think it may be up to the hiring manager, but I had a panel interview with 6 or 7 people. It started with a recruiter phone interview and then the hiring manager called to set up an interview. The interview was a lengthy process. May not be the same anymore or with all managers.

Clinician Interview

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

• What to do when a patient is down on the floor and can't get up   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amedisys (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Lots of contueing ed to wade through, Extensive online with tests to complete

Area Vice President Interview

Interview

Had to take a personality test and afterwards never got any more contact even though I was significantly qualified. Guess I didn't match their profile but would have appreciated a conversation about it. I found it shallow.

Area Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amedisys (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then one on one with AVP of Operations, then one on one with VP of Business Development and Operations, then panel interview w/leadership team, after that a decision was made by the panel and VP's.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style with your direct reports
      Give us an example of a difficult task to handle and how you chose to resolve it
      What were the steps taken to correct the situation and was the outcome a success
      How do you handle your average performers to encourage them to meet higher expectations
      What drives you to be successful and how do you use that to better your team   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary, Vacation time