Ashley Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.5

Vice President of CRM Emphasis In Salesforce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

The phone interviews with the internal recruiter @ Ashley went very well. He told me I was an ideal fit, the best he had spoken to during the 3 week recruitment period.

They had hired a woman for the VP of CRM role, but she had not been able to build the relationships with the C-suite executives so they terminated her after only 4 months.

That's when I read through the reviews on Glassdoor for the Tampa location which were alarming. However, I felt that being a VP I would be able to implement a more effective work/life balanced model to improve the employees experience which would foster a better workplace environment. I was skeptical, but I at least wanted to discuss this issue with the Chief Marketing Officer prior to relocating to Tampa.

A phone interview with the HR Director was scheduled, then I would speak with the Chief Marketing Officer to whom I would report. An hour prior to my call with the HR Director I was told their CRM strategy changed and my background and skills were no longer a fit.

My interview experience was aligned with the disorganized and dysfunctional environment mentioned in multiple reviews by employees at the Tampa location. Sometimes opportunities that don't come to fruition are the best thing to happen in one's professional journey.

I suggest anyone seriously considering a role at Ashley read through those thoroughly to get a clear understanding of the lack of effective leadership there. As an executive, I am ready to do everything possible to overcome obstacles and challenges to better my team, the company and community. However, sometimes we are not empowered nor supported to be instruments of change.

I sincerely hope the person who takes on this role receives the support they will need to be successful. Uprooting your life and your family's lives to a new state is no small matter.

Interview Questions

• Describe Your Salesforce CRM Experience, Leadership and Managerial Style via a Questionnaire   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Newark, DE).

Interview

Came in filled out an application and was hired that day. Had no training or somone to help me. Boss was not attentive or did not care. No tips on my work or help to improve. Not what i thought it would be.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (New Braunfels, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was exhausting. They wanted me to interview with 4 people, but none of those people were there on the same day, so they asked me to come back to the office three different times. I was required to do 2 projects to supplement interviews. All of this would have been worth it if I was offered the job. I was told that they were writing up a job offer for me, but they wanted me to speak with one more person. I interviewed with someone from upper management who didn't seem to understand graphic design or even websites. After that, I received a phone call saying that I wasn't being offered the job because I somehow wasn't qualified. It was extremely insulting to have to interview with someone from upper management who doesn't understand the position I was interviewing for. His confusion, which had nothing to do with me, magically made me unqualified.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture in April 2017.

Interview

Wow, I was really sold by the 3 managers I met with. I walked in to complete and application and interviewed on the spot with a sales manager. It was a calm, casual, but motivating interview. I was called about 4-5 days later by the sales manager and told that I was to come in to meet with the store manager. Excellent experience, manager seemed as though he was already mentoring me.

It was required that I meet with the regional manager before and offer would be extended. 2 days later, I met the regional manager. Super nice guy. We spoke for 15-20 minutes, was offered a position immediately afterward.

Each manager took the time to thoroughly explain the pay/commissions and anything else I might need to know. I'm really excited to begin!

Interview Questions

• More of an explanation of their hours/demands etc. Then asked how I felt about that.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview. Interview with local store manager and finally with head district manager. After meeting with them and discussing details of healthcare info and incentive programs I was sent for a drug test screening. Shortly after this I was asked to begin a week of in store training.

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Called for interview after applying online. Interviewed for over an hour - toured the store and met workers. Discussed my interest in other positions (management) and I sent a thank you e-mail. Interviewer requested my portfolio (not needed in description) which I created and sent but never heard back.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went in to basically accept my offer with the company. They give background history about the company and explain the job description. They do send you away for training so they speak to you in reguards to availability

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Athens, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: one with sales manager, one with store manager, one with regional manager. All interviews relatively the same questions. Very informational and conversational, managers grabs your attention by presenting potential amounts of money one could make weeklu. I was so nervous during my first round interview, but the sales manager insisted that I just hold a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed..   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Gastonia, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on a Monday, I received a call from a recruiter the next day for a interview on Wednesday. On Thursday I went for my second interview and by Friday I was having my finial interview with the regional manager. The process wen't pretty fast but I was very pleased on how fast things were done.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Jason was very personable he just asked if I was able to do what the job required as far as lifting and sometimes working late. He told me that you had to at least be able to lift up to 100 pounds although I think the job actually requires you be able to lift more (300 pound sofas with another coworker helping at it's worst)

Interview Questions

• Do you have a valid drivers license   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because I was satisfied with what was being offered at the time of accepting the job.