Ashley Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 179 of over 179 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

It was a respectful and calm phone interview. Interestingly, read about company's timeline and the role, and noted highlights that ordinarily resonates with me. I have nothing more to write except that I'm required to write 30 words minimum to enable me successful get through this review.

Interview Questions
  • Interest in working with the company and the role
    1 Answer

Ashley Furniture

Application

I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Tell Me About Yourself. How Did You Hear About This Position? Why Do You Want to Work at This Company? Why Do You Want This Job? Why Should We Hire You? What Can You Bring to the Company? What Are Your Greatest Strengths? What Do You Consider to Be Your Weaknesses? What Is Your Greatest Professional Achievement? Tell Me About a Challenge or Conflict You’ve Faced at Work, and How You Dealt With It. Tell Me About a Time You Demonstrated Leadership Skills.

Ashley Furniture

Application

I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Friendly employees, warm, positive, thorough, welcoming, answered all my questions and asked me to go through resume and have clear directions on next steps and gave timeline on process. Seems to be a few rounds

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ashley Furniture

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Basic interview questions. Phone interview first with a recruiter and then follow up interview is with department leaders. Tip - look up the history of Ashley Furniture before your interviews. This company is very proud of their history and values.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ashley Furniture

Application

I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

they are very open minded like to take time to show you the floor and what you woudl be doing. it is a quick process honestly they like to get you in and out and an off in a day. not to bad

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ashley Furniture

Application

I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Very pleasant, easy and smooth. They asked multiple questions, but I was ready and prepared. They told me more about the job itself and wanted to make sure I’m the right fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Advance, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Advance, NC) in Feb 2021

Interview

I recently interviewed for a Vice President position with Ashley Furniture. I was told that mine was the only one in 400 applications received that they decided to move forward on. My experience and successes in my field are well documented and fit the position perfectly. I had over four hours of interviews on Microsoft Teams, including one with the hiring manager. Each one was followed up with glowing praise from both the interviewers and the in-house Executive Recruiter. They flew me in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, and I received overwhelmingly positive feedback. In fact, was told that I would be their next VP. It went well enough that they scheduled a final Teams interview for two days after I interviewed in person. It also went great, with the interviewer telling me that he was looking forward to working with me. All indications were that I should be expecting a formal offer. I had calls almost daily with the recruiter - who works for and recruits only executives for Ashley - for over two weeks straight. Then. Nothing. Ten days later I receive a form email generated from their system telling me the following: "Thank you for your interest in Ashley Furniture. At this time, we have selected another candidate for the position. Please feel free to go out and apply to other positions on our Career Site". Since I had unreimbursed expenses from the interview trip and hadn't been given a form by Ashley, I sent my own expense report and asked the recruiter for feedback as to what happened. Other than to let me know that the mileage reimbursement I requested was in excess of the company rate, my request for feedback was completely ignored. Does Ashley have the right to hire anyone they want? Of course they do. I don't take issue with that in the least. But obviously, something went very wrong at the very end of the process for him to not even be willing to talk to me. I had built a close personal rapport with the recruiter, and now he won't even take a call from me. So I'm left to assume it was one of two things: either someone from a former employer trashed me, which I find unlikely since I'm on good terms with all of them. Or the second, and the only explanation that checks all the boxes, is my hair color. There is no other reason that I attribute that rude, dismissive behavior to other than my gray hair - I'm too old for them to hire me. When making my plane reservations, I was asked for my date of birth. Up until the end of the process-one which I'd devoted at least three full days of my life that I'll never get back- I held a high opinion of Ashley Furniture and everyone I interviewed with and met there. It appears to be, like their furniture, covered in a phony verneer. And before you assume that I'm bitter because I didn't get the offer, I'm not. I may or may not have accepted it. I'm just trying to save another applicant from wasting their time with them. Update: they never hired anyone for the position. They renewed the posting almost immediately after telling me it had been filled. So I'd add dishonest to the list.

Interview Questions
  • Specifics on how I would improve the function that I would lead.
1 person found this interview helpful

Ashley Furniture

Application

I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Very easy going, friendly people. Took assessment, then virtual video interview (me answering questions on a screen) & then follow up phone interview. Got the job. Everything was a smooth transition and fast paced interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What past experiences prepared you for the role you are applying for?

Ashley Furniture

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Very quick easy didn’t really care wanted money don’t like furniture so I didn’t do the interview so I didn’t really care so I’m bullshitting this review so I can bypass the screen

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ashley Furniture

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture

Interview

Very easy and simple . I was asked about my previous work experience that was listed on my resume , they asked about me being comfortable with high call volumes and asking if i was ok with working from home for the time being /

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 179 Interviews