Ashley Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by my boss's boss. At no time did i interview with who i directly reported. The guy had a beard and was not properly groomed for the interview

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Brandon, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial contact is email, then they conduct a phone interview. Be ready and do your homework. Research the company and its history. If you pass that, then tey will bring you in for a face to face.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a challenging work environment and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a 12 minute timed skills and IQ test, consisting of 40 questions, and without the use of calculators or scrap paper. There were reasoning, metaphors, number sequencing, conversions, analogies, and synonyms/antonyms. The staff were rude and loud; but maybe it was just this location that acts this way.

Interview Questions

• the wheel is to the potter as the painter is to   1 Answer
    • 16.4 to 20.9 how much percentage increase?   2 Answers

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Easy-going. Started out with filling out a stack of paperwork, after came the one on one talking interview. And then we walked the store talking about styles and actually put together a vignette for them.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Morehead City, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, then had to come back for 2nd interview with HR, upon which I was hired. Basic questions. What are your strengths/weaknesses? Some small talk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Called for interview after applying online. Interviewed for over an hour - toured the store and met workers. Discussed my interest in other positions (management) and I sent a thank you e-mail. Interviewer requested my portfolio (not needed in description) which I created and sent but never heard back.

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Straight to the point and fair. Plenty of opportunity to ask all the questions you need. Very nice atmosphere and professional. Not very big on dress code but I advise you dress to impress. You may not be interviewed by the person who you will be working under but will have an opportunity to met the person before you get hired. My be more than one person in the room but it will be all upper management.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. First interview was a screening from HR, second was phone interview with manager, and director of my department. After the second interview I met with my manager locally for a face to face. The final interview was with our CIO which was more of a welcome to the company. HR was extremely honest throughout the process and I appreciated them keeping me constantly informed of the next steps. The phone and in person interviews were very similar and very position description concentric. It mainly consisted of discussing my work history and skills that pertained to the open position. They made for a very friendly and comfortable environment to interview in.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ecru, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Ecru, MS).

Interview

I was contacted by a current employee to whom I forwarded my resume. I had two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview with the department manager, a panel interview with three other managers, and a 1:1 interview with the director of operations. The whole process took about 8 weeks, but the department manager kept in touch during the process. Once the offer is made, there is a phone discussion with HR personnel, the department manager, and recruiting staff to negotiate terms (depending upon your position/rank). The HR personnel and recruiting staff are very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very textbook: What would you consider your biggest accomplishment? Of what project are you most proud?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is some room for negotiation depending upon your position.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ashley Furniture (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview to set up face to face. Appointment with Senior Merchandise Mgr. and New Store Manager. Sr. Merchandise Mgr. very young. I was asked to look at some paper photos and give my impressions then at end I was asked to set up vignette displays on the retail floor in one bedroom area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you see in this picture.   1 Answer