BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied directly on company website, submitted cover letter and resume, interviewed personally with department director. Instructions to building & in to office were left out of provided information. I wore a suit but could have worn regular business attire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-existent. No negotiations

LDP Interview

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was very basic behavioral questions and some why BB&T type questions. About a week later I was contacted to take a few personality tests. After that I was flown out to their headquarters in Winston Salem where I had one day of interviews. There was small written portion followed by two behavioral interviews. They are really trying to find fit more than anything.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most pressing regulatory issues the bank is facing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2-4 weeks. First, an on campus interview with mostly behavior questions. Second interview was at corporate in NC. Went into more details. Third interview revolves around a case and a meeting with managers.

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Interview

One 30 minute initial interview on campus. Followed by doing a personality test and a superday where you have a couple of interviews and a case study. If you are on a specialty track you may have one more phone interview after the superday. Big focus on culture and "fit", nothing too technical. Great employer.

Interview Questions

• If you come from a finance background, there are not any hard questions. The key is to be genuine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a BB&T employee who had gone through the LDP a few years ago. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty straightforward and behavioral.

I am still waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How have you been successful in influencing others?
      Why do you want to work in financial services?
      What qualities are important to you in a leader and give an example of when you have displayed these qualities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

short in person with a call back 2 day interview. Involves a dinner and an over night stay in a hotel. You are watched the whole time. Be honest with all of your answers, you will be tested

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied for the LDP through my university and got an on campus interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and mainly consisted of behavior questions/leadership questions. Some of the questions were, describe your leadership ability, tell me about a time you failed, and what are some ethical problems in banking.

Interview Questions

• What caused the 2008 banking crisis   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

After initial campus interview in Oct, was asked to take Kaplar test. Didn't hear anything until late December. Was invited to Feb super day, dinner at country club, multiple interviews the next day. Consisted of behavioral questions, role playing, writing and a case presentation. Have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• I am a customer who would like to take my account to another bank. Convince me to stay at BB&T   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

The HR has a list of question that she is going to ask you. Basically behavior questions. There are also some questions specifically about your CV. HR is very nice. Questions include why do you want to work for financial industries, What do you think are the reasons that cause the economic crisis and what are the reasons you think we should hire you instead of other candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are the factors that cause the financial crisis?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation you have to make a decision without enough information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

August 2010-First interview with a local BB&T LDP graduate. Run of the mill Behavioral interview. Took about 30-45 minutes.
    October 2010-Received an email saying that I had advanced and they wanted me to take the kaplar test. Which was essentially a personality/IQ test
    In November I was invited to attend a two day interview in Winston Salem which would be held in December. This consisted of a dinner/social at a club. The the next day was about 4 hours of interviews. Another behavioral interview/persuasion, a writing exercise, role play, and a few other odd end things.

Interview Questions

• Role Play-They act like a customer who wants to leave and take their business elsewhere, Not too hard but they come back with punches and unexpected answers/questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

almost none. With the economy and there being a certain amount of positions, your negotiation abilities are limited.