BB&T Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BB&T

2.6

Commercial Community Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC) in April 2020.

Interview

Submitted an online application in February, received an email in April to schedule a phone interview. The phone Interview with a 30 minute set of behavioral questions. Had to send in transcript and complete an online assessment. Took over a month to hear anything back

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a merger between two companies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BB&T (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied in Indeed and within an hour got a call from HR Specialist wanting to make an appointment for the next day which I was available. He told me the hours per week and how much pay if I was interested to schedule me.

Interview Questions

• The interview was base on banking experience and general question. Like tell me a little about your self. Why leave your last job. What type of transaction you did at banking. How would you deal with a merger of the banks. How would you deal with not agreeing with something the bank policy has to your manager. ETC.   Answer Question

Default Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was a few questions, only about 15 minutes but at the time there was a mass hiring going on. There had been a job fair too. I was lucky enough not to have to go to that. It was a zoo according to other associates. But, a lot of people were hired, this was several years ago.

Interview Questions

• How long did I work with my previous employer?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Normal Interview. I enjoyed it. Met with a market leader to answer questions on the culture and what I would do in certain situations. Straight forward and honest interview. Gracious market leader.

Mortgage Lending Cash Opeartion Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It was just usual. First phone interview, then two onsite interviews with different managers. Interview was easy and I felt more like a conversation. Interviewers were a really good sense of humor and both interviews lasted for an hour. I received an offer within an hour.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T in November 2019.

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview. It was a smooth process getting to know more about the company and vice versa. Overall, the interview went on smoothly and it was worth my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for the role?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online then took an easy assessment. From there, a recruiter called me and asked a few questions about availability and previous job experience. At the end of the call we set up an in person interview with the branch manager. She gave me solid advice and told me the manager was really looking for someone who would “BLOW HER SOCKS OFF”. They had to be knowledgeable about BB&T, have an upbeat and conversational personality, and show a willingness and readiness to build client rapport. So I knew I had to do a lot of studying on BB&T.

I had my interview a week later which lasted about 20 mins (STAR questions), but we stayed about 45 mins afterwards just talking and her running me through job description and what is expected in the role. Her very first question was “Why do you want to work for BB&T?” And that’s when I dropped all the facts about BB&T such as the year it was founded, the mergers its had, mission statement, etc. She was very impressed and even re-iterated some of the things I said later on in the interview. She told me they had more interviews and that I should hear back within a week or so. I got a call 2 weeks later asking to interview with the district manager. Who asked me 3 interview questions before talking about how training would work. From here, she also told me she would call me within a week but gave me her card in case I needed to contact her. I sent her thank you email and the following Monday I was called and offered the job.

TIP: Really dress to the nines. Khakis and black skinny pants won’t cut it. Black slacks and a nice dress shirt with a necklace of some sorts for women, and men a nice dress shirt with some black slacks and a bowtie/tie is ideal.
    I would advise women to maybe a wear at least a little makeup just to look a bit more alive! First impression is key!

Interview Questions

• Why BB&T   1 Answer
    • Name a time where you had to quickly change what you were doing to do something else   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you thought you were right but policy wants you to do it a different way   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Was initially contacted by recruiter to schedule interview. I Interviewed with branch manager. The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions. We also reviewed my resume and discussed how my previous experience made me the ideal candidate.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Telephone interview about 10 minutes, then in person interview. Was called for second interview about 5 hours after, very laid back second interview with team leader. She was very nice and friendly, asked simple questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unethical and how did you respond   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

It was very do-able and mostly behavioral. The interviewers were very nice and personable and when I would be stuck with a technical question, they would give me some hints and work through the problem with me.