Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bankers Life

1.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

A ton of bs. It is all done in a group setting to they can hire as many people as possible. they will try and say i can only hire 1 or 2 people but they hire everyone that is willing to stay. Does not even have the decency to sit down one on one with people to get to know them.

Interview Questions

• They ask why should i hire you? They will look at your resume infront of a group an ask about it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2018.

Interview

Very professional setting and a positive culture the people in this office have a proven system that works . Training and support is really high. This is a solid company with people who really care. I observed a small group interview and then completed a one on one where all of my questions were answered

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself 2 years from now as highly successful   1 Answer
    • Are you able to follow a proven successful marketing strategy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

Waste of my time! Initially I was contacted by a recruiter by phone who said they found my resume on LinkedIn and thought I would be a great fit. I expressed to them that I was not interested in a sales position, to which they asked what kind of position am I looking for. I said I was looking for a job in analytics, project management or Implementation and I would like to head in a direction that will ultimately land me a role in economic research. They said, "we don't have any positions like that right now, but why don't you come in and we'll sit down and go over your resume and see if there is anything that peaks your interest." I accepted because I'm willing to explore any opportunity if it can lead in a good direction and will always take advice on how to improve my resume. I arrive at the office 15 minutes prior to the meeting as asked (no idea why they ask you to do that), and they lead me to another room with 25 other "candidates," a folder on their product, and a slide show presentation looking to sell people into starting a career with them. I thought to myself, "oh yeah? We're going to go over all 25 resumes today, I'm sure." I almost turned around and left, but I did just drive 45 minutes and thought I'd ask some hard hitting questions about their sales structure and I really wanted to thank them for misleading me and wasting my time. After sitting through the presentation and being told "I'll answer questions at the end," the branch manager handed out a survey and left quickly without taking questions. Needless to say, I didn't fill out the survey and left as well. I did read the survey which gave me a nice laugh before I left the building.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone else that would be interested in an opportunity at Bankers Life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a three step interviewing process.
    1. You see what the company does. If you are interested,
    2. You see what Bankers earning potential could be,
    3. You justify to a manager why you and bankers are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience? Do you speak any languages besides English? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as a People Person? Same scale, analytical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Hoover, AL).

Interview

It all started when I posted my resume online for sales and outside sales jobs.. with 15yrs in sales and management I got a lot of offers fast... this one stuck out with the potential of a 6 figure paycheck.. 1st interview was with 6 people in a room and the branch manager came in and told us about the company.. lasted about an hour .. when he was done he asked if you think this is for you fill out this slip and we will contact you if we are interested.. pertisapation is a big part in day one... I was called in a day later for the 2nd class lol.. this was all about how you get paid and what you offer your customers.. a one on one was garenteed if you stayed for all of that class.. less than an hour... then the on on on .. by this time the manager knows if he wants you ... lasted about an hour we talked mostly about life not this job ... I was offered the job and couldn't be more excited

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Charlotte, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

do you want to work here? have a criminal background? No, ok. Go take the classes pay $1000 to get your license and show up after its done. The rest of the time was spent telling you how great they are to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Showed up for an interview that I was told would take about an hour.... There were at least 7 other people there and I was told be would do a group info session and then one on one interviews. The info session lasted 50 minutes and the branch manager YELLED at least half the time (and showered everyone in the front row with spit). Over the phone I was told no cold calls, turns out that's all the job is. At the end of the 50 minutes, he told everyone in the room who didn't have a car to leave - perhaps a good thing to say before? The guy is riding a massive ego trip and is blatantly sexist. I honestly left feeling dirty. Got a call back, no thank you.

Agent Interview

Interview

Personal Interview at the branch office. Second one at the branch office. Met with the regional director at the time. I chose to spend a day at the office before accepting.

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Lady Lake, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Group briefing, which is fine if professionally done, it was like watching a strutting rooster . Nothing wasa said about investment into your business, start up time, just a lot of fluff. I know the industry so I drew my own conclusions.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of rejection?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

The first interview wasn't really an interview. It was a presentation about the company and what they do. This was done in a group setting. I loved it because I felt like Banker's is a very genuine company with real desire to help people. After the initial presentation, I went to a one on one interview with the branch manager. I felt very comfortable and welcome. I never felt like I wasn't good enough. The hiring process is a little intense, but not bad. There's several liability documents you have to go through, legal stuff. Insurance is very highly regulated, so there's a lot of laws around it. Understanding and accepting that is part of the process.