Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2018

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Diego, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

A ton of bs. It is all done in a group setting to they can hire as many people as possible. they will try and say i can only hire 1 or 2 people but they hire everyone that is willing to stay. Does not even have the decency to sit down one on one with people to get to know them.

Interview Questions

• They ask why should i hire you? They will look at your resume infront of a group an ask about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2018.

Interview

Very professional setting and a positive culture the people in this office have a proven system that works . Training and support is really high. This is a solid company with people who really care. I observed a small group interview and then completed a one on one where all of my questions were answered

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself 2 years from now as highly successful   1 Answer
    • Are you able to follow a proven successful marketing strategy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

Waste of my time! Initially I was contacted by a recruiter by phone who said they found my resume on LinkedIn and thought I would be a great fit. I expressed to them that I was not interested in a sales position, to which they asked what kind of position am I looking for. I said I was looking for a job in analytics, project management or Implementation and I would like to head in a direction that will ultimately land me a role in economic research. They said, "we don't have any positions like that right now, but why don't you come in and we'll sit down and go over your resume and see if there is anything that peaks your interest." I accepted because I'm willing to explore any opportunity if it can lead in a good direction and will always take advice on how to improve my resume. I arrive at the office 15 minutes prior to the meeting as asked (no idea why they ask you to do that), and they lead me to another room with 25 other "candidates," a folder on their product, and a slide show presentation looking to sell people into starting a career with them. I thought to myself, "oh yeah? We're going to go over all 25 resumes today, I'm sure." I almost turned around and left, but I did just drive 45 minutes and thought I'd ask some hard hitting questions about their sales structure and I really wanted to thank them for misleading me and wasting my time. After sitting through the presentation and being told "I'll answer questions at the end," the branch manager handed out a survey and left quickly without taking questions. Needless to say, I didn't fill out the survey and left as well. I did read the survey which gave me a nice laugh before I left the building.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone else that would be interested in an opportunity at Bankers Life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Milford, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

Just another B rated insurer blowing smoke up your a__ about making 100K+ in first year...very transparent

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

unrealistic claims by management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Lenexa, KS) in February 2010.

Interview

Very professional and detail oriented. Phone call interviewer told me a lot about the company and the job. Learned even more from the one on one interview. Very upfront about the type of work. The office seems very work oriented and helpful to newcomers. The person I interviewed with is very hardworking and has vision for the office. Pay attention to what is expected from you in the job interview. Insurance sales isn't for everyone, and they try to make that clear. There is money to be made in this business, but you have to work really hard for it. Though they do offer support, it is really up to you to work the job. You are your own boss, and other than going to the office a couple of times a week, the rest is up to you. If you are not a self-starter, then it would not be a good job.

Interview Questions

The position offered commission only, and I wanted a base pay. Also, needed to drive too far each week to work out of the home office. I decided that the commute would make it too difficult for me.

Agent Interview

Interview

Personal Interview at the branch office. Second one at the branch office. Met with the regional director at the time. I chose to spend a day at the office before accepting.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a three step interviewing process.
    1. You see what the company does. If you are interested,
    2. You see what Bankers earning potential could be,
    3. You justify to a manager why you and bankers are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience? Do you speak any languages besides English? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as a People Person? Same scale, analytical?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Greensboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Like the others, I was contacted by Bankers Life and Casualty who said that they had found a copy of my resume online and asked me if I wanted to set up an interview. I accepted and I was initially very excited about it. The more research I did online led me to feel that this company was somewhat sketchy. They also reminded me to "dress professionally" and bring a copy of my resume to the interview. As I had put my resume online for administrative and HR positions I asked the person on the phone whether or not this was an interview in sales because I said that I am not good with sales and I would prefer to be behind the scenes. She assured me that this was not a sales position.

It turns out when I showed up that all it was was a big sales pitch where they were selling the company and how much money you can make etc etc etc etc. I left and did not return.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. I left during the pitch.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in September 2014.

Interview

It is a 3 step process 1 you meet in a group with one of the lead managers, 2 you meet as a group again to learn more about what they do and the process it will take to do it from a seasoned exequtive, 3 Final step is one on one interview for them to say yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work based on just commisions?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

IMPROPER MODE OF COMMUNICATION
    The recruiter spoke broken English over the phone, maybe a Philippine accent.

AVOIDANCE OF A PROPER ANSWER
    I asked her what the job profile was, she said that the company was the oldest and most reputed company to sell insurance.

SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW WITHOUT A JOB PROFILE
    She asked me why I would be a good fit to work in a job that involved talking and selling to elderly group, she was impressed with my answer and proceeded to schedule an interview. I asked her if she could e-mail me the job profile, and she said sure. I checked my e-mail, and I had the meeting confirmation, but no word on the job description or title.

UNPROFESSIONALISM
    I sent an e-mail back, asking the recruiter to help me understand the job profile, candidate requirements to see if I was a good fit for the company or not. Upon not receiving a reply till the interview time, I decided that this was not a good company for me.

THE RUDE SEQUEL
    She called me back the next day, and within a minute started insinuating I was stupid to not understand what my job was by looking at the company website. I tried to understand why she would act like this - not reply to the e-mail, and why she was avoiding telling me what the job was. She did not have answers to my questions. She, then snapped and said that she would pull my resume out from her company system. I smiled and hung up.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for an interview?   1 Answer