Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

1.7

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I received a call that my resume was found on a FL career website. I was asked to come in for an interview. When I informed the recruiter I was not interested in a sales only position I was told that there were other management position. It was very vague and after reading these reviews it seems my suspicions are founded. I decided not to attend the interview.

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through one of the popular job search websites. I received a phone call and an email from a recruiter, James Randall. After the phone screen I was invited to a interview with a manager Nita. Upon arriving to Bankers Life, I was greeted by the receptionist whom directed me to a room full of other candidates (20+) that will be directed by a different manager, Kevin Bright. I was very upset that I was led to believe that I was having a 1 to 1 interview instead of the "group introduction".

I figure that I will sit through the hour long sales pitch since I have drove 20 miles. What a waste of time. STAY AWAY from these people. They want you to pay for your licensing and they want you to purchase their "prep kit" for $100. The total out of pocket is well over $300 they want you to spend for a 100% commission job. On top of everything, you will be a 1099 employee without any benefits. Steer clear of this scam. They promise you the world with earnings over $100k first year based off a MLM pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• Will you give us over $300 for licensing and licensing prep in exchange of a 1099 position with Bankers life?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life in July 2017.

Interview

More Of a presentation not interview someone gave a power point on why you would want to work with them it was interesting and boring at the same time I wouldn't work for them because you pay a fee upfront and the training isn't paid

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and where are you from . It was mostly listening and a power point no paid training footing your own money until you make a sale   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Crown Point, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The first session was a group interview where the manager provided detailed information about the position and the company. The manager was very straightforward and provided good information about what the job would be like.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Group interview, then second call back if they're interested. Was about an hour they talked a lot about company history, accomplishments, etc. Had to answer questionnaire at end which decided call back or not.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

3 interview process. First in a big group where you took a personality test, then a smaller group going into more detail about the possible job and last a one on one just to see if you commitment lines up with their needs

Saleman Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

The interview was a 3 day process. You are put into a classroom with other candidates and the hiring manger goes over the entire process. If called the for the 2nd interview, you will learn more in details about the company and the 3rd day you talk with the hiring manager and you move forward from there. Overall not difficult, just time consuming.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Cary, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

All candidates sat through a briefing session that lasted one hour. The purpose was so that we could decide if this is the right fit for us. At the end, we were asked to write no other back of the survey if we felt it wasn't the right fit for us. If we liked what we heard and felt we could do this, we were asked to write what we could bring to the company on the back of the survey. He said he would compare our resume with our answers. If they felt it was a good match, those chosen would be called by that afternoon or Monday to come back for the second phase.

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got a call to do an in person interview, which was watching a powerpoint in a group setting and learning more about the company and what the position would entail. Afterwards, the person who conducted the informational powerpoint asked if we had any questions and was very kind about answering all of them.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by them because my resume is posted on Indeed. The recruiter wasted no time and immediately attempted to set me up for "an interview." She asked no questions about my background and simply told me where to meet. I explained to her that I wasn't interested in free marketing for their company. (That's essentially what it is. 100% commission-based. You're not paid unless you make a sale but their name is still spread by word of mouth.) She insisted I consider it and sent me an email anyway. When I didn't show up, I got another phone call asking me to reschedule. Again, I said I wasn't interested and hung up. I received a third and final call from a different representative and told them to lose my number.

It sounds harsh but I have family who have worked for them! He managed to make $1200 in sales and was told to pay it back because the person canceled their policy, thus leaving him responsible. This is standard practice but their recruiting methods are predatory at best.

You'll be told it will be an interview but it's basically a marketing ploy. You're expected to pay for your training. There is NO base pay associated with this. They have duped tons of people, don't be one of them.