Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2018

1.8

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in September 2014.

Interview

It is a 3 step process 1 you meet in a group with one of the lead managers, 2 you meet as a group again to learn more about what they do and the process it will take to do it from a seasoned exequtive, 3 Final step is one on one interview for them to say yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work based on just commisions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I went to one of 3 potential interviews. This was basically an "Info-view" run by the Area Manager. He spent over an hour running a power point slide show and talked about the fun perks of working at Bankers, selling to their target audience of 50 to 90 year olds. He stressed moral responsibility, and how it was possible to make sales easily.

There was no mention made of a) how the pay structure worked, b) compensation or c) any real job information.

You could be brought back for 2 more interviews, but I chose to truthfully explain that I did not feel I was right for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do most people have for retirement income? What is the cost of a funeral these days?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Interview

Remarkably unprofessional. I was called about and interview offer and made my appointment. I arrive at the office building and their office was not wheelchair accessible. As a disabled individual it can already be hard enough to find work and this was insulting. Especially for a company that has a focus in catering to senior citizens. So I left a message on their voice mail, since apparently they do not answer their phones during business hours. I expressed my disappointment in their blatant disregard for access and informed them not to call me back. What did they do, they call me the next day to say I missed my interview and asked if I wanted to reschedule. Even more insulting that they seemed to have not even listened to my message.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, I couldn't even get into the building.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The first step of the process in sitting down in a lecture room staring at a projector screen with 30 other candidates. The first hour is going over information about the company and their core values and what they are looking for in an employer. Then after the informational interview we each filled out a survey and application and then met Chris, who gave the lecture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got to a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Hauppauge, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

in depth interview process allows you to get a good understanding of the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Greensboro, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

Like the others, I was contacted by Bankers Life and Casualty who said that they had found a copy of my resume online and asked me if I wanted to set up an interview. I accepted and I was initially very excited about it. The more research I did online led me to feel that this company was somewhat sketchy. They also reminded me to "dress professionally" and bring a copy of my resume to the interview. As I had put my resume online for administrative and HR positions I asked the person on the phone whether or not this was an interview in sales because I said that I am not good with sales and I would prefer to be behind the scenes. She assured me that this was not a sales position.

It turns out when I showed up that all it was was a big sales pitch where they were selling the company and how much money you can make etc etc etc etc. I left and did not return.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. I left during the pitch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Milford, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

Just another B rated insurer blowing smoke up your a__ about making 100K+ in first year...very transparent

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

unrealistic claims by management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Lenexa, KS) in February 2010.

Interview

Very professional and detail oriented. Phone call interviewer told me a lot about the company and the job. Learned even more from the one on one interview. Very upfront about the type of work. The office seems very work oriented and helpful to newcomers. The person I interviewed with is very hardworking and has vision for the office. Pay attention to what is expected from you in the job interview. Insurance sales isn't for everyone, and they try to make that clear. There is money to be made in this business, but you have to work really hard for it. Though they do offer support, it is really up to you to work the job. You are your own boss, and other than going to the office a couple of times a week, the rest is up to you. If you are not a self-starter, then it would not be a good job.

Interview Questions

The position offered commission only, and I wanted a base pay. Also, needed to drive too far each week to work out of the home office. I decided that the commute would make it too difficult for me.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was brief, but lacking in concrete numbers and dates. I was asked to complete certain items in terms of licensing before I was told what my exact role would be, or what would be expected of me. I was generally unhappy with the process, but the result was about what I had expected. I wasn't really interviewed, rather I was told what to do to join.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about commission only sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Louisville, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

IMPROPER MODE OF COMMUNICATION
    The recruiter spoke broken English over the phone, maybe a Philippine accent.

AVOIDANCE OF A PROPER ANSWER
    I asked her what the job profile was, she said that the company was the oldest and most reputed company to sell insurance.

SCHEDULING AN INTERVIEW WITHOUT A JOB PROFILE
    She asked me why I would be a good fit to work in a job that involved talking and selling to elderly group, she was impressed with my answer and proceeded to schedule an interview. I asked her if she could e-mail me the job profile, and she said sure. I checked my e-mail, and I had the meeting confirmation, but no word on the job description or title.

UNPROFESSIONALISM
    I sent an e-mail back, asking the recruiter to help me understand the job profile, candidate requirements to see if I was a good fit for the company or not. Upon not receiving a reply till the interview time, I decided that this was not a good company for me.

THE RUDE SEQUEL
    She called me back the next day, and within a minute started insinuating I was stupid to not understand what my job was by looking at the company website. I tried to understand why she would act like this - not reply to the e-mail, and why she was avoiding telling me what the job was. She did not have answers to my questions. She, then snapped and said that she would pull my resume out from her company system. I smiled and hung up.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for an interview?   1 Answer