Bankers Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

1.8

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life.

Interview

I received a call that my resume was found on a FL career website. I was asked to come in for an interview. When I informed the recruiter I was not interested in a sales only position I was told that there were other management position. It was very vague and after reading these reviews it seems my suspicions are founded. I decided not to attend the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Northridge, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview for a management position. When I arrived there were 30 other people there at the same time. We were taken into a room and given a 1 hour sales presentation. We were told if our personality test scored in the range they wanted, we would be hired. They said a 2 minute interview would be all they would do.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

A recruiter phoned and stated that she had found my resume online and told me that the position was sales management training but would begin as customer service . The recruiter was slightly rude when I began to question about getting more details regarding the job. She was curt and told me that I would be informed more during the interview. The person that interviewed me took me to an office that contained a desk, no décor and he sat with a blank legal pad that he never wrote on.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions until the end and that question after driving an hour was would I be able to pay $150 license fee as required by the state of Florida before I would even be able to sell any insurance. And then I was told it was 100% commission.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Large group setting wherein the interviewees introduce themselves and then learn about the company. A form is filled out after the Q & A period and turned into the company rep. If you make a good enough impression on either the form or the meeting, a second interview is offered which I declined.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Interview

Started with a group interview (going over who the company is and what they’ll except from you in the position) and then some are invited to come back for a one on one interview.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

2 group interviews, 1 phone interview. Interviews (or more like meetings with brief chance for job applicant to speak) functioned to give company overview and summary of positions. Used sales tactics to sell the company, how they "educate" senior citizens, not swindle them. Emphasis on career growth/commission benefits. Basically learned the branch manager's and assistant manager's life story. They want you to be well spoken and stand out from the crowd. They also want someone who won't job hop after 6 months because the training is intense. They DO NOT pay for your licensing fees initially, and you won't be making much during the 90 day probation period. Must make minimum sales in order to stay at the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

- I did not apply here, they found me and set up an interview. Because it was close, I decided to give it a shot. (RED FLAG #1)
    - During the 1st initial "interview" they like to call it, you're basically in a room with about 25+ other people and then they have a executive come in and do a presentation and try to sell you on how commission based careers are not bad and how doctors work based off commission as well. What I didn't like was that they hinted to it being salary based + commission (much like insurance agents). They also tell you how so and so started out in this business and now makes millions. (Red Flag #2) They tell you they will call you back personally if you pass round one, then you will come in and meet with 2 of their hiring managers.
    2. They called me back for round two interviews where they gave me a folder with pamphlets and such in it. I read it over, realized its solely commission based PLUS you need to pay for your own training on a monthly basis! needless to say, i pretended to go to the bathroom and BOLTED.
    4. So being that i bolted on the interview you would assume that they got the message right? no. they called ALL MY REFERENCES multiple times to offer them the opportunity to come in for an interview and apply for this "position". they called consistently for a week!

I am writing about this interview because when I looked up this company, I wish I had saw my review so I had known not to you know waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Who hear has experience working in the insurance industry or is/has been licensed?   1 Answer
    • What led you leave the job/careers you were in?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Simple and straight to the point. Just have confidence and conduct the proper type interview in textbook form and you will land the position. You will be interviewing with one of the 3 in senior management. Eric, Ian, or August.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter who said this job related to my field of study and that they're excited to interview me. I thought it was legit until I walked in the door. First thing that tipped me off was it was a group interview. They give this big speech about how you're making a difference in the world. It is just a sales position. They'll say anything to get you in the door. Very manipulative. Waste of time.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Mount Laurel, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

I never applied to the company and they tried to recruit me to sale insurance. When I talked to the recruiter she told me that they send out mass emails all the time. So I have no real positive or negative of the company expect that the recruiter was honest and did not want to waste my time when I told her I was looking for data analyst job. And said my e-mail might have gotten accidentally got swept up by mistake.

Interview Questions

• Just asked me if I was interested in selling insurance.   1 Answer