Bankers Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 944 of over 944 interviews

Other13%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

Bankers Life

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bankers Life

Interview

We had 3 zoom interviews which were fairly easy. As long as you come dressed professionally you should be fine. They are group interviews so prepare to be with other people.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about basic customer service skills
    1 Answer

Bankers Life

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bankers Life

Interview

30 minute online personality and iq level type exam followed by an actual phone interview. Actual interview process was not bad but actual job was unclear until the end. Multiple rounds of interviews to get through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bankers Life

Application

I interviewed at Bankers Life

Interview

The interview was very well done. The interviewer was prepared with a presentation and answered almost all of my questions I prepared before I needed to even ask them. Very respectful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bankers Life

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bankers Life in May 2022

Interview

I was uneasy when I first went into their office for all of the bad things I read about them. They told me to show up at 2 pm for the interview, I sat their waiting for 10 minutes, then they gave some papers to look over, I saw you had to sign a contract with them and you had pay for your own medical insurance. Then at 2:30 pm, I was still waiting and thought if they don't value my time, they will not value me, so I just got up and left.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bankers Life

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life in May 2022

Interview

I’ve Gotten a call to set up a little meeting in office for a job position . She was very nice to call and remind me of so. Hope it goes well……

Interview Questions
  • Are you available to come in a speak

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bankers Life (New York, NY) in May 2022

Interview

It was more of a job pitch. very informative and made me feel inspired and equipped to take this role and excel. team-based environment which is exactly what I am looking for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Bankers Life (Las Vegas, NV)

Interview

Easy, professional, but not much info and not straightforward about pay. Seemed shady and never met his boss at all who we had a group intvw with which was indeed very odd

Interview Questions
  • How much would you like to make. Well maybe in a year or two you can earn that (very conservative w my ans)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bankers Life (Columbia, SC) in Apr 2022

Interview

This is a review of the Sarasota, FL office, not Banker's Life as a whole. In short, this is not a place I would want to “hang my hat,” or trust my professional reputation with. I have been in the Banking, Insurance, and Financial Planning professions for a little while now. This group was one of the most disorganized I have come across over the years. There were so many red flags during this interview you would have thought it was a May Day Parade. A recruiter from the Sarasota, FL location found my resume online and called to schedule an interview. She was rather robotic, scripted, and seemed to be in a rush to get off the phone. She answered all of my questions regarding the position and the firm with, "That will be discussed in the interview." When I arrived for the interview I told the receptionist who I was, why I was there, and asked for the recruiter by name. The receptionist seemed puzzled and told me she would go see if that recruiter was even in the office today. A moment later the recruiter came out and asked me who I was and why I was there, seemingly oblivious to the interview she scheduled with me. After presenting my resume and explaining I was there for our previously scheduled interview the recruiter brought me back to an office. She offered to get me some coffee, tea, or water. I kindly asked for some water, she left and never came back. It seems communication in this office is extremely lacking. The recruiter gave me the impression I was meeting with her. So I was very surprised when a gentleman came into the office 10 minutes after she disappeared. I felt like I was in the wrong office and was interrupting someone’s work. I was never informed I would be speaking with this gentleman, who apparently was the Managing Director. He had no clue who I was, why I was there, and it was very clear by the interaction he had never read my resume. The resulting “interview” quickly devolved into a poorly planned sales pitch and 15 minutes of patting himself on the back for his trophies and accolades. There was no explanation as to how his trophies would benefit my career. There was no Feature, Advantage, and Benefit within his poorly presented pitch. The Interviewer briefly touched on their training, their steps for advancement, and additional licensing opportunities as a perk of their firm. They would not provide me with copies of information on the company, training, licensing expectations, or their pay structure. Instead, I was told to take pictures of these documents with my phone. His “favorite perk of working here” is, “the women in this office are absolutely beautiful.” Clearly he thought it a major perk as he repeatedly made the comment to try and entice me. It came off very creepy and unprofessional. He tried to dictate when and how I took notes during the interview. He seemed to get flustered when I took notes he did not direct me to take. It seemed contradictory since he told me I wouldn’t be micromanaged at his office. The Managing Director was very condescending. He made a point to tell me I would never be successful unless I worked for his firm and that he was the only person who could possibly make me money. He dismissed my previous experience and my abilities to network, prospect, and generate referrals from clients and COIs. He argued the non-qualified leads that he provided (a list of random people turning 65 in your area) were better than my vetted and qualified referrals. He laughed and balked when I explained my disability and travel limitations, the result of a major accident I was in. He would not make reasonable accommodations and expected me to knock door-to-door at people’s homes instead of phoning for appointments. When the Managing Director asked me questions, he rarely allowed me to reply. He would talk over me, answering his own questions with a “canned response” to fit the direction he wanted the conversation to go. At one point, the Managing Director tried to introduce me to his new top performer, but he couldn’t remember the advisor’s name. Even after the advisor introduced himself by name to the both of us. Toward the end of the interview, the Managing Director brought me over to the recruiter’s office so we could discuss licensing. She again asked who I was. Even though they both had copies of my resume with my name in big bold print on it, I had to remind the Recruiter and the Managing Director of my name 5 times throughout the interview. At the time I was the only candidate in the office, so it’s not like they had a bunch of interviewees to confuse me with. I don’t even have a difficult name. First impressions mean a lot and this place was an absolute mess. They seemed like a “Pump and Dump,” or “Turn and Burn,” Firm. All I could think was, “if this is how poorly they are prepared for new hire interviews, just imagine how poorly prepared they are to advise their clients. Just imagine how poorly prepared they are to train you.”

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I interviewed at Bankers Life (Greensboro, NC)

Interview

Very straight forward and easy as long as you dress professional, and prove to them you have drive. Started with me on a zoom call to gauge interest then they reached out a in person interview after.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I interviewed at Bankers Life (Sarasota, FL)

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. Took a very long time to get hired and start. Currently in training and trying to see if I'm wasting time. Extra words for word count

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 944 Interviews

Bankers Life Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Bankers Life as 38.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.79 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Insurance Agent and Sales Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Insurance Sales Agent and Sales roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Bankers Life takes an average of 8 days when considering 929 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Insurance Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 8 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Bankers Life according to 929 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 25.83%