Blue Shield Of California Project/Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Shield Of California Project/Program Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application via online process. Contacted by BSC corporate recruiter within 3-4 days for initial phone screen to go over my resume and ask about my professional background. I asked several questions to be relayed to the hiring manager. Corporate recruiter called back twice the same day to respond to my questions and ask additional ones from the manager. Very friendly and responsive to anything I had to ask.

The third call was to schedule a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager for later in the week. A very typical interview for this type of position as it is more about fit with the current team and questions about my previous interactions and approach with senior management and above. Interviewers are required to ask one of three questions supplied by corporate recruiting. The written down on the form and I would assume is submitted back to corporate.

A final panel interview was scheduled and occurred the next business day. Final decision and notification of offer extended the next day via phone call from corporate recruiter.

The people and culture are varied depending on the department and business unit. Unless you know the departments or BUs from previous healthcare or BSC experience, or know a current/former employee, it is virtually impossible to know what the specific culture you are applying into.

For candidates applying for a straightforward Project Manager position (including Associate, Lead, Senior, and Director), an online assessment test based on the PMBOK is administered as part of the interview process. The timed test is taken in the luxury of your own home and is comprehensive. Knowledge of Microsoft Project 2003 is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have failed. What did you do in response and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Official offers are emailed to the selected candidate from corporate. I was given the opportunity to submit a counteroffer through the corporate recruiter. The offer was taken to the hiring manager for a decision.