Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Catholic Charities USA

2.5

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Long Island City, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know that I had prior experience in the social services field. I was invited in person to interview and interviewed with two managers who had extensive experience at the work location.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with a caseload of clients?   1 Answer

Intensive Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (East Orange, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the new position through the employeers website. I had an interview with the Program Manager and was offered the position within a month. The Program Manager was very efficent and informed you of how the process would work.

Interview Questions

• Case Management experience and time management skills.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaver, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Beaver, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was quick. The director seemed to want to make sure I was professional and prepared to take on the role but didn't ask a lot of detailed questions. It was unclear to me whether or not I got the internship, and required a follow-up email with the director to confirm.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very welcoming. Asked great questions and made you feel instantly comfortable. There were two people who did the interview process. They really make sure the position is not only a good fit for you but how you would integrate into their community.

Interview Questions

• "What are your strengths and weaknesses"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

over skype due to living in another state. Three interviews with Supervisor of team and Director of Social Services. Each interview had questions regarding my previous experience working with at risk populations and how I went about developing those relationships. I spoke about what brought me to apply for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult client and how you navigated that relationship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Really friendly! I enjoyed the way I was treated. They took me to a back room and asked me about my educational and work experiences. I interviewed with two different people. Both of them were really up beat and positive. I left feeling encouraged and valued.

Interview Questions

• How can one help people and remain a level of professionality?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Camden, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through monster for a posting by careersusa and was immediately contacted for an interview for the staffing agency. After that, I was scheduled to intreview for Catholic charities. I got there and waited about a half hour and then was taken to the back by a lady who was looking for a room to interview me in. It was like she wasn't really prepared for an interview since she searched several rooms with me following her around until she found an empty boardroom. She then left me in the room for about 5 minutes and came back with 2 other women. They took turns asking about myself and and they each took turns asking me all types of questions. From past employment and job roles for multiple positions from my resume to what makes me feel accomplished and why would I want to work in the field. It was a little draining. The first lady would ask me questions and text while I was talking. She did not smile once. Not even when meeting me and shaking my hand. They told me how they were so protective of their team that the workers interview candidates so they can figure and decide if they will fit in with the company and employees and give recommendations for the hiring manager so that they will then ask the candidate back for another interview. Once she said that I had no idea what was left to be asked and I felt as though I was trying to get into a sorority or something. They explained every aspect of the job and told me I'd be a perfect fit for their team. I left feeling confused because I felt as though I didn't have the one texting lady's attention, while everyone else smiled and nodded and told me my answers were excellent.

Interview Questions

• People from all different backgrounds will come to you with various different stories. Would you show any emotion toward them or do you remain professional   Answer Question
    • Name an obstacle that you have overcome   Answer Question
    • This is nonprofit agency so the salary is a little lower than for profit agencies. Why do you want to work in the services field if not for the money   Answer Question
    • Our supervisor is a very busy man, not to say he's unapproachable, but he has a lot to handle in our busy busy office. How would you handle a situation where you're done you're training and you're working on your own and a coworker has told you to do something one way when you were doing it another way and you were not sure which way was the correct way for it to be done? Would you approach the coworker?   1 Answer