Conagra Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2018

2.8

Contract Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

Received a call from Recruiter and a few days after sending over the Resume, the Recruiter set up a phone interview with the HR Personal. After passing the HR interview, I was set up with a phone interview with 2 seperate Directors. After passing the phone interviews with the Directors, I was contacted by the HR Representative to set up an on-campus interview. The interview took 1 full day with about 5-6 separate (2-3 interviewers each meeting) interviewing session. After about 3 weeks, I received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time when your project did not achieve the outcome expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Understand what's your worth and able to articulate the need or justify the salary propose. Although ConAgra typically offer already a generous salary, they will go the distance for keeping good, qualifying candidates. Expectation is high, but rewards come along with it.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Little Rock, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, I went in and interviewed with two people at the same time. Both of them were from HR. The man was very nice and the woman seemed to not care. She kept rolling her eyes everytime she said something. She also never really let me talk. It wasn't an interview really, more of a... this is what you'll be doing. Thanks.

Interview Questions

• What time will be good for you to work?   1 Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2009.

Interview

phone interview with hiring manager and then the onsite interview with 4 marketing managers and HR and the VP. Day long interview, fly in day before and fly back after the interviews are over. Questions range from resume to leadership.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands in February 2011.

Interview

I was actually told in my phone interview that "frankly, we really are looking for someone young and right out of school who we can mold." Not very appropriate (or legal?) as I was in my 50s and met all of the qualifications, which did require some years of experience. It was not an intern job!

Interview Questions

• As noted above--it really was a challenge to respond to basically being told I was too old as it was rather shocking given how illegal/discriminatory it was!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was standard up until the final round. ConAgra uses the behavioral questions interview model, whether you are experienced or not. This is a great interview model when assessing the potential of inexperienced professionals as it is a great predictor of future behavior. This is a poor model for interviewing experienced professionals, which is why great companies focus more on fit when interviewing experienced candidates. There is no need to predict when you can assess methodology and results of a candidate that has done the same job elsewhere. As can be expected when attempting to use a one size fits all strategy, the interviewers focused more on delivery than the content of the responses. As a candidate, this allowed me to draw my own predictive conclusions about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a change to a plan and the outcome was positive and a time when the outcome was negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 on 1 interviews back to back during first and second rounds. Marketers were very friendly but asked a lot of probing questions on resume as well as marketing situation questions. For example, "what would you do if you were the brand manager and XYZ happened"

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding financial expertise, even though its a marketing position. Marketing and finance situation questions, how to manage a P&L.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and through networking was able to land a first round phone interview. I did not make it to the final round interview. The people were nice but the process did seem a tad disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why ConAgra, behavioral questions, work experience and tell about a time I used data to assess profitability.   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Interviewed at my current college at the time. Interviewed with three different people one on one. Each person seemed genuinly interested in what I had to say and also provided good answers to the questions I had. Conversation was easy and made the process simple. My first experience for a professional job and I came out of it feeling good and glad that I was applying for the company. After the three interviews I was asked to the company for another interview with a manager. Again, very formal and the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Situations where you needed to be a leader?
      What was a tough situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, mainly. There were a couple of interviews, with a couple of people from the department and HR. Company culture represented well through HR. Environment is inclusive and diverse.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ConAgra?   1 Answer

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tri Cities, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Tri Cities, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went to my school career fair and had an interview at the school a day after with 2 recruiters, they emailed me a few months after to come in for a site interview, site interview lasted for a day. They called me within a week later with an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation