Coupa Software Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a straightforward process. Started with a phone screen with a recruiter. Then moved onto a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally I was invited for an onsite interview meeting with several members of the team

Interview Questions

• Discuss your recruitment life cycle?
      Tell me about how you handle multiple priorities?   Answer Question

Jan 10, 2020 – VP, Talent

Thank you providing your insights to our interview process. We're glad that you had a positive experience!

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

After applying, I got mail to complete online test consists of coding and testing related questions. Post completion of the test, with in a week, recruiter called me that test was cleared and now second round would be on zoom due to Covid-19 pandemic. Second round was taken by two persons, one joined late after other. They asked me the project related questions and some coding scenarios.

After that I got mail from recruiter that they do not have any appropriate position for me at given my background and experience.

What were these guys thinking? Did they even go through my resume initially. I called the recruiter to clear up but he didn't even pick up the phone, nir he replied on my mail.

If my round was not cleared (which I doubt was the case, as I have answered all questions correctly) he could have told mr so.

Interview Questions

• how will you capture search suggestions from any page and click on any particular link   Answer Question
    • write code to print Fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

Recruiter call, HM call, onsite w/ a few stakeholders. Pretty standard process except I never heard back from the onsite. I feel this was disrespectful, but I want this review to be helpful to potential candidates, so read on.

Each interviewer focused predominately on prior experiences, as well as probing around why you left your previous companies. I even had an interviewer asked me specifically "come on, there is gotta be more to it", which never happened to me and imho was a bit odd. There was only one Product specific interview, which I actually enjoyed. Based on my limited exposure to the company, I personally didn't feel the product culture was very strong there.

Interview Questions

Coupa Software Inc Response

Mar 16, 2020 – VP, Talent

We thank you for your feedback. Though this is not the candidate experience that we would hope for, we will definitely take this as a learning moment moving forward.

Senior Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (Redwood City, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

It consisted of a recruiter call followed by a technical interview on the phone followed by 2 onsite interviews. One 4 hour long and the second about 3 hours long. The interview process went well for the most part except for the 2nd onsite. The folks were really nice and were quite accommodating. The interview with the EVP of Engineering was not ideal. He was late by about 15 minutes. Folks over there seemed terrified by him. This, to me, is a red flag about the company culture. The interview in his office wasn't best set for an interview. You basically are led to a couch which is really low while he stands over at his desk making it uncomfortable to have a decent conversation while looking up at a 45 degree angle. He essentially was playing with some screws on his desk while I was talking which was really distracting. He googled the companies from my resume to see if they exist. I found that really weird. But apart from this one interview the others were fantastic with people with a great attitude.

Interview Questions

• How to find the longest increasing subsequence with difference k.   1 Answer
    • How would you design the database given an expense management scenario of a person submitting an expense report (Take into consideration timezones, currencies, etc)?   Answer Question
    • Given an list of integers return the same list in a random order.   Answer Question

Mar 31, 2020 – VP, Talent

We apologize if you did not feel your interview went well and that was certainly not our intention. We take pride as a company that we treat everyone with respect. In fact, we view our management structure as an inverted organization where we support our teams. If you would like to discuss further we would be happy to understand your experience in more detail. In addition, our EVP Engineering is very open to discussing with you as well.

Salesforce Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (Reno, NV) in February 2020.

Interview

Casual interview process with recruiter and team members. Fairly laid back, few technical questions and talk about recent work. Nothing out of the ordinary or unreasonable asks, eg day long interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is a junction object? Typical salesforce admin questions you see elsewhere   Answer Question

BDR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

Applied online, heard back quickly. HR team was very nice and cordial. Didn't hear back after the interview. Would have been nice to receive an email saying thanks for the time but going in a different direction or something of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a challenge in your professional career?   Answer Question

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Atleast 5 rounds of interview.

They may ask industry or non relevant questions. Basically evaluation round

Took very long.

US hours interview process to get selected

May expect out of your experience questions also to you.

Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed for Senior Supplier On Boarding Specialist-
    HR called me and did a profile screening and after a day called me and informed that I will have a telephonic interview which was scheduled and completed.

After 2-3 days I called HR to enquire about feedback and was informed that my 2nd round will be scheduled.

After some time I received an email that my candidature was rejected and upon asking the reason the Hiring manager and other panel thought my profile was not a good match.

If my profile was not a good match why was I interviewed.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

Definitely very competitive (~2000 applicants for 1 spot). Recruiters are super helpful and responsive. Got to speak to high up employees to learn more about the company. One behavioral, one phone technical, two video interviews.

Interview Questions

• Calculating the number of trainable parameters for a CNN. Discussed key ML concepts.   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I had 3 web based interviews and then was asked to create a keynote to present to a panel of current employees. I made the keynote and went to the office in San Mateo to present and have in person interviews. Presented in front of 3 people and interviewed with 3 more people individually after. Was probably at the office for 4 hours. This whole process I just outlined took about 1.5 months. Days and weeks passed without hearing about my interviews, mind you the recruiter responded to me for a few weeks after telling me I was still in the running and I would be contacted regardless if I received the position or not. Recruiter has since stopped responding to me and I still haven't heard back. Been about 3 months. It's really disappointing this company would put you through so much and not even bother giving you a simple yes or no. Be careful of wasting your time with these people