Coupa Software Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

After applying online, once they took interest the process was managed via jobvite. It consisted of a series of interviews in person and over the phone. There was a little bit of everything including skill assessment, alignment with company values, etc. As far as difficulty, I would say if you are fit it will be easy, if you are not, you'll have a hard time, which is why I said "average".
    The process was long but very organized. I was kept informed of where I stood.
    The hiring manager seemed keen on finding potential versus cookie cutter skills, which I really appreciated. I got a sense of a passionate team and a cool place to work. I was offered a different position than the one for which I applied, which is a much better fit.
    Overall an orderly and pleasant process.

Interview Questions

Coupa Software Inc Response

May 8, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thanks for your review & welcome to Coupa!

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It was very haphazard, there was nothing for 3 weeks after the initial screening and then 2 interviews followed by total silence. The interviews itself were pretty straight forward and nice.

Interview Questions

• How many ERP implementations have you done which were 6 months or longer.   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

It seemed to start off somewhat quick but then it stalled out. The recruiter was non responsive and the direct hiring managers had to step in and communicate with me. After many phone calls and interviews I flew out for a on site interview. Everything seemed to go great and they even said they would call me the next day with next steps. The next day a call was scheduled with one last person more as a final quick check. I was able to spend 10 minutes with the final decision maker on the phone and from there everything went silent. No follow up's to my inquiries or anything. When you fly out for a interview the least they could do is tell you thanks or no thanks but to this day no word. Also had to pay for my travel out of pocket only to get it 5 weeks later after having to nag AP. Beware.

Interview Questions

• How effective are you at managing conflict?   1 Answer

Jul 6, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I apologize for your negative interview experience. I'll bring your comments to the attention of my team as well as our colleagues in Customer... More

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (Reno, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and performed a telephone interview. Once approved by the recruiter, they provided me with an invite to BetterCompany. This app allowed me to ask anonymous questions and get them answered by employees, anonymously. There were a very large number of already posed questions, and most of my cultural and atmospheric questions were answered there. This allowed me to focus on the technical aspects of the interview. I then had two more phone interviews in as many weeks, before being told that they felt it was not a good fit. Had I made it to the last portion, I would have had an in person interview at their facility. Very professional throughout the entire process. The interviewers were willing to provide feedback and were generally very nice.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work at the office, and not from home.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

I had submitted my resume online and after 3 weeks got a mail from a Software Architect who works at the company. He told me he had an internship position and wanted to talk to me. He fixed a time but failed to call. After twice postponing, he finally called and we had a talk. He told he will discuss with the teams and let me know. Three weeks passed and there was no response. He didn't even reply to any of my follow up mails. I took it that he wasn't interested. I don't mind that part as maybe I wasn't good enough for Coupa nor am I writing this review as revenge or anything. It is my basic right to be informed about the result of an interview. The way I was treated shows how a current employee below my interviewer in the hierarchy would be treated. A person who does not respect his juniors would never have the right character. I do not aim to leave derogatory comments about the company rather about the attitude of the recruiters there. i btw got a job in another company in the 3rd week after the Coupa interview and I feel thankful I didn't have to work under or come in contact with such a person in this company which would have been inevitable since the company has only 500-1000 employees.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally about the stuff listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Jun 16, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for writing this review, we have relayed your comments to the team. I apologize for your negative experience and want you to know that we appreciate the feedback you've given.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional and smoothly coordinated. HR team is top-notch and the hiring team was friendly and talented. The recruiter was in touch consistently and provided needed guidance to help navigate the interview process.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple but got weird. The recruiter stated that I was well qualified, had all the credentials, experience and training that would allow the group to really benefit. Next step was to interview with the Manager. I said that would be great and looked forward to it. One, two, three weeks pass by and this guys was no where to be found. Called and caught him off guard on his lunch break and he gave some weird answer and excuse. I look at this as a blessing that I am not affiliated with such a person / firm. This person is an ambassador of the company he is recruiting for. Thanks but no thanks to Coupa.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in Customer Service?   1 Answer

Jun 15, 2017 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

At Coupa, we want to ensure that each candidate is followed up with. Thank you for writing this review as it seems this was not the case in your situation. I apologize for your negative experience... More

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely disappointing. I submitted my resume online and a couple of days later a girl from HR reached out and asked if I had time to talk about the position. I live out of state. She asked what my availability is for the week. I replied saying I would be happy to talk about the role and gave her the days and timezone I can speak. She then replied "you're not from the area locally?" I told her no and stated the state and timezone I live in. She then replied where the job was based. I told her I would be willing to relocate if a position was offered. I received no response, but a couple days later I received an email saying I wasn't a qualified candidate for the role. The joke of all of this is that my address was not only on my cover letter and resume, but my profile for the company on their website. The only reason I was disqualified from the job was because I lived out of state. If Coupa only wants to hire locally for a role I suggest they say so on the job description like I've seen other companies do. It was extremely sloppy on HR"s part and can't believe this woman has a job. Not impressed.

Feb 22, 2017 – EVP People

Dear Candidate,
    Thank you for writing this review and bringing it to our attention. I’d like to first apologize for your negative experience with interviewing for this position. It appears there... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter from Coupa. Coupa Recruiter held brief phone conversation with me and then referred me to Hiring Manager. Recruiter arranged interview with hiring manager, we talked and then a debrief with the recruiter followed.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you sold to companies with $x Revenue? What would your manager tell me about you if we were to speak? Are you married? Where does your spouse work? Do you have children? How old are your children?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (Reno, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process I experienced with Coupa was very smooth and easy. Coupa had a need for a support engineer in Reno, and I was contacted by a recruiter from Coupa and that they would like to setup an interview. Within one week, I had a phone interview and then the next week I had two in office interviews. One was a meeting with the director and the other with a team lead, who provided a fairly basic SQL scripting/competency test. I had an offer within just a couple of days after the 2nd in person interview. The entire process from first contact to job offer took no more than 2 weeks. It was a very quick and painless process. The on-boarding process after I started was also very streamlined, and I was very happy with the entire interview and hiring process at Coupa.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions followed by a technical competency exam   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Welcome to Coupa and thanks for sharing your feedback! We take a great deal of pride in ensuring a world-class candidate experience. In fact, it's one our our top three priorities on the talent team... More