Coupa Software Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Best first impression upon arrival to Coupa Headquarters.
    A Goody Bag with water, snacks, and notebook.
    Had a great experience with the recruiting team and the interviewers.
    The recruiting team worked together with the hiring manager and interviewers to set up meetings according to the best schedule, as quickly as possible.
    The Interviewers were well prepared with my resume and seed questions from the HR team.
    It was a great Interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had a conflict with your manger. How did you deal with it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Mar 5, 2018 – Vice President of Global Talent

Thanks for your review!

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

First Round is technical with Principal of Engineering team. This round mostly focus on your resume and skill sets. Few basic questions will be asked and some scenarios will be given.
    Second round is with hiring team on JsFiddle.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience. Few questions were on Javascript frameworks and mostly on React JS. Some questions were based on scenario.   Answer Question

Apr 9, 2018 – Vice President of Global Talent

Thanks for your review!

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I started with a phone interview and then I went in for a face to face interview. The various team members were really nice, knowledgeable and helpful.

It didn't feel like the right fit, especially given the commute I would have had.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. She scheduled a phone screen with a engineer in coupa. The engineer talked to me on the phone and said he would like to do a formal technical phone interview with me next week and he didn't call me by then. Then the recruiter called me said he was out of schedule on that day and would like to schedule another time with me. I agreed. But he stood me up again. It was so unprofessional. Two months later, another recruiter submit my resume to this company again. A engineer talked to me on the phone with an attitude. A week later, they said they would move forward with me. I hate this company and the people I talked to are rude.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and that went well, so then I had an onsite interview which didn't go well. Most of the questions were SQL related and it had been a long time since I had to write straight SQL statements. They decided I didn't have enough knowledge for the position but then I was interviewed for a different one. I had 4 additional phone interviews which varied between technical questions and getting to know you questions. Throughout the entire process I got a really good vibe from everyone I talked to and interacted with which made me all the more interested in the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. They came in at the lower end of my range and I wanted to ask for more, especially with the expenses it would take to get to work each day, but I was too scared to. I figured the generous vacation policy more than makes up for it, though.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Everyone seemed very nice. I would not say that interview was super technical. In my opinion just right. Enough to make sure you know what they need you to know and not ridiculous to the point of having to remember CS theory and some things that you can google for.
    There was a technical part, they conversation about goals and interests in general.

Interview Questions

• I guess i've done enough interviews to be almost ready for anything, but i always struggle when i am asked about the biggest challenge at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Somewhat easy, had to go back and forth as i already had a good salary and did not want to give that up easily

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Did not receive any sort of information after the phone screen. My phone screen was good but did not hear from the team despite of many number of follow up emails. I feel this was so unprofessional to at least intimate about the process to the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call from Coupa after an employee referral. The total process took 4 days. Initial phone screening for 30min. Later, I was asked to attend interview in person. The whole interview at Coupa took 4 hours and in which they have scheduled 45mins slots with 4 teams. Teams include Product manager, Engineering Team, Technical Architect and Sales Analyst . The process is straight forward and they asked me to write some queries , given some script and asked me to find the mistakes. Next day I received a mail saying my profile is not shortlisted .
    Overall interview process is very smooth and people at Coupa are very cool.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

HR was quick to respond after initial resume submission and very helpful throughout the entire process. It took 3 total office interviews. If hired, there was a 2 week new hire boot camp, but I was informed that it would likely have best benefit for Sales folks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers heavily stressed questions regarding your interaction/collaboration with engineering teams regardless of the role you're applying for.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It was very haphazard, there was nothing for 3 weeks after the initial screening and then 2 interviews followed by total silence. The interviews itself were pretty straight forward and nice.

Interview Questions

• How many ERP implementations have you done which were 6 months or longer.   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2018 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition and Enablement

Thank you for your review and I apologize for your negative experience. I want you to know that I’ve shared your note with the recruiting team and this issue will be discussed at our next team... More