Coventry Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coventry Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with supervisor, manager, and controller. Process was smooth and quick I was told they were going to take their time and was hired within a week. Seems like a great team to work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was perfect no need.

Associate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Bethesda, MD) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was conducted in 2 parts. First part was done over the phone for about 30 minutes. After that I was invited for interview in person. When I came for the interview, I was interviewed by an internal auditor first, who had worked for several years in that company. Second interview was conducted by a Senior Manager who has recently joined the company. Both of these interviews happened on the same day one after another. The interview itself was exhausting and somewhat unusual. Some questions were strange and I could not understand how to interpret interviewer's reaction to my answers. Overall I did not like either interviewer, nor I like the process and questions. Atmosphere in that office was also depressing.

Associate Technical Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Tampa, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with two so called managers who asked questions based on 1996 health care knowledge. They will ask about the HICFA aka CMS 1500...no one has called it a HICFA in the last 5 years!. When your walking in for the interview you go through the common work area and its rows and rows upon cubicles. Reminds you of the matrix and how the machines feed off all the embryos. The dress of the managers where street clothes and one of the managers looked like she was going to club after work. The test you have to take is basic and has nothing to do of what you are going to do

Interview Questions

• What kind of cereal do you eat?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No....they wont tell you, and after the two weeks of training you are provided an offer sheet to accept or decline. If your desperate, you will sign it but if you have other offers run fast.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview

It took six weeks after submitting application to receive call for interview. The Interview process was easy. I met with the manager who was very nice and asked general questions.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any. All questions were about work history, strengths and weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation

Human resource manager called me with the salary, I asked for more, she then called me back and told me non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

One phone screen, one hour with HR, one hour with team lead, one hour with manager

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard. They were just looking for a good match skill and personality wise   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online. Several weeks later was contacted by an IT recruiter. It was a phone screening. Few days later I was asked to take a behavioral test online. After that I was set up with an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day the hiring manager called me and first explained what the expectations were for the candidate then asked me to explain how I fit the position. I was also asked questions like "tell me about a situation when you had to deal with an unexpected situation with a project and user and how you overcame it”. After the interview I haven’t heard anything. I called the recruiter and sent emails multiple times but didn't receive any response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. I wasn't expecting a complete silence after the interview process.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Lubbock, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one. There are more questions about what you would like to do about your career. They try to see whether or not you would be a good fit personality wise prior to assessing skills.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What about the field interests you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and very intense. Was the best process I have been through ever. They had a canned set of questions that all were required to answer, and then more that were directed at the specific position. I had 2 phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews, and then 2 more phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked "As a manager, what is the hardest task you've had to perform in that position?"   1 Answer

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online, got call from HR after 2 weeks:-
    a) The process started with HR interview for 30 mins.
    b) She than ask me to fill online Q're contain bunch of behavioural questions.
    c) Third step was an interview with technical team, most of the questions were related to why particular technolgy has been used in current project, architecture, few design pattern related questions and few related to production deployment, clustering, session replication and all.
    d) Fourth step was interview with hirng namager, most of the question again are behavioral, or like what is the biggest technical issue you have solved.
    e) Finally got a offer from HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation as they pay what i ask

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Morrisville, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

First is a phone interview with HR, 2nd interview is behavioral analysis with a management team, then lastly I interviewed with the hiring manager for the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness   1 Answer