DISH Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Operations Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH in March 2017.

Interview

apply online -> online assessments -> go in for assessments/interviews with managers -> didnt get past this point.
i asked about the many poor reviews about the company and the complaints regarding the way the company treated their employees. I got an answer about the majority of the complaints being from lower level employees and that morale would be low given their job description. take that as you will... other than that pretty nice people

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY).

Interview

Emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Called me to do the phone interview. Emailed me weeks later saying they had better candidates. It seemed like kind of standard procedure for such a large organization as they are.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 managers in 2 separate sessions over the course of 2 hours. This was followed by both wonderlic and logic tests. Several days later I was told they would 'like to move forward' in hiring me. The entire process from there was disjointed, disrespectful and unorganized. Over the course of two months the HR recruiter asked for, received & lost information on multiple occasions. After completing a drug test, background check, 3 full weeks passed before hearing the recruiter once again ask for more info that was already provided. Keep in mind I still had no official job offer at that point in time. Finally, at one point I told them I was moving on and so should they. A week after that conversation I get a call + an apology followed by an official job offer. I accepted.

Just 2 days before my start date the same recruiter accuses me of lying about a job I held nearly 15 years ago. Understand that this job was not listed on my resume and is irrelevant to my experience, however I send information to confirm the job anyway. I am then contacted by her manager questioning my 'integrity'. Wow. I hung up after letting them know I had no further interest in their company. I somehow dodged the real bullet of actually working for these clowns. Applicants beware...this company is shady and run with ideas regarding employee treatment that were considered outdated two decades ago. All I can say is look at the turnover.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a project from start to finish? What does PAW (Pride,Adventure,Winning) mean to you?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH in May 2015.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screen with HR Rep
    2. Online Assessments
    3. Phone Interview with two hiring managers
    4. Wonderlic and Watson Glaser Assessments at local Dish Office
    5. Skype Interview with two hiring managers
    6. Drug Screen & Background Check
    7. two weeks later I receive a random call out of blue that was not coordinated by HR from an employee in the department, and I am asked interview questions all over again.

Then i was contacted 3 weeks after drug screen and told it was an administrative problem that took so long to complete the task. Next, the HR rep says they are ready to move forward with an offer in an email. five weeks later hr rep contacts me via email to say there has been a company restructuring and they won't be extending an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for an Operations Analyst position in Englewood, CO and got a phone call the next week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly informational - the HR representative explained the position, asked me why I wanted to work at Dish, asked me if I would need a relocation package if hired (as I currently live on the East Coast with plans of relocating), and also answered any questions that I had. I expected to be asked about items on my resume/my past experience, but nothing of the sort was a topic of conversation.

I heard back from the HR rep the next day, saying that they wanted to move forward and schedule a Skype interview. I was informed that there would be three interviews back-to-back, each ~30 minutes long. My Skype interviews are scheduled for tomorrow. To be honest, I am posting this review so that my glassdoor all-access pass is not shut off before I can use it for more research before my interview. If possible, I will revisit this post at a later date to give an update on how the rest of my experience goes.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO).

Interview

The hiring process may be long as there are tests to complete and an interview with our Human Resources and with a supervisor in the specified field. But, in the end its worth it. The interviews are easy with only 5 questions from both. It's only to ensure this is the right atmosphere to work in. Our supervisors will then take the applicant on a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I receieved a phone call after a week and started the training class right away.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 tests and 3 interviews. The first test was after filling out the application, this was followed by a phone interview with a recruiter and another online test, then an in person interview with team members and a test in their offices and finally an interview with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a couple tests. One test was a simple math/logic test, an easier version of the SAT. One dealt with Social Media and the internet.

Interviews were straight forward enough. Just talked about experiences and past projects. Basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

It started with a recruiter contacting me via LinkedIn. We went over basic resume stuff the first time we chatted. We then chatted on the phone a few more times about the process, which was taking quiet a while. Finally I got an interview. It was with the department manager and the hiring manager. The department manager didn't say a thing during the entire interview and the hiring manager looked very stressed. During the interview, one of the questions I asked was how DISH retains their employees. The hiring manager basically said that DISH was when it came to it, DISH was more interested in retaining itself than it's employees (not directly interview related). Back to the interview; it lasted about 30 minutes with basic interview questions. After the interview, I then had to take about 1.5 hours worth of testing.

I got a call back from the recruiter the same day as the interview asking to come back the next week for a second interview. This interview was with someone from an entirely different department. No testing occurred this time. Once the interview was done, the recruiter took me around the building and showed me where I would be working if I got the job. They also went on to propose a few drug/background testing dates. I didn't end up getting the job, so it seemed to me very unprofessional to mislead a candidate that wasn't going to be hired into thinking they were going to be hired.

From the building tour, I did see that the culture of the workplace was very introverted and stressful, which could definitely be seen in the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview by recruiter, then was required to take an online assesment, followed up by an interview by 2 managers and then a Wonderlic and Critical thinking assesment. Then a drug screen and background check followed by the offer.