DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone conversation with hiring team explaining the job, Phone interview with supervisor, in person interview with supervisor and manager and Phone interview with regional manager. Each process was set up very quickly and each person was easy to get along with. Made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked the general questions about working under pressure and working independently and with a team.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter is completely disorganized and does not bother to look over your resume. Half of the time they ask questions that are literally on the resume. I hope the company is not is such a disarray if so, god have mercy on them.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

First round with recruiter, second round with hiring managers, third round with team members and then there there was no follow up or communication. Very weird and semi unprofessional for doing 3 rounds. Probably for the best.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions around working under pressure and team work.   Answer Question

Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied and passed assessment. Filled out equipment info and passed. Interview by talent acquisition. Then interview with HR next day. I thought both interviews went well but wasn’t offered the job. Sent me an email five days after interview thanking me for my time and encouraging me to reapply.
    They asked the standard cookie cutter what would you do and tell me a time when questions. Which I personally think are ridiculous. Especially for companies like Dish with an extremely high turnover rate. You would think they would try a different approach to assess talent and good work ethic than asking tell me a time questions and checking off boxes. The amount of money they waste training workers must be astronomical when they’re losing people on a regular basis. I did voice my concern over high turnover rate and poor reviews. Their response was sales aren’t for everybody. Oh well. The search continues.

Interview Questions

• Is customer satisfaction or your commission more important to you.   1 Answer

Interview

Interview process was great. There are 2-3 rounds that you go through, as well as assessments, which are my biggest complaint. Otherwise the interviewees made it a great experience.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH in May 2020.

Interview

Waste. Of. Time. I have had 3 interviews over the last 9 months, sometimes I don't even know what position it was for and neither did Dish. Each time it consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter. Take a test. Next step was a Sr. recruiter, then the hiring manager. The recruiters are clearly reading from a script and there is very little deviation unless you ask a question. Sometimes they didn't even know when they would be hiring for the position they had listed. The usual "tell me about a time" questions are asked, as well as salary expectations. If I were a betting person, I would bet they will NEVER make their 5G deployment launch. They are completely unorganized and admitted it during the phone interview. I know people who work there and was warned how chaotic things are but I thought the interview process couldn't be that bad. I was wrong.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied on-line. I was invited for a phone screen about a week later.We need to postpone the phone screen due to technical issues on their end. The rescheduled interview proceeded normally.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interviews about how I got along with people and about my technical background. Overall it was friendly.Then we discussed salary. They asked me how much I wanted, I asked what the range was. The rate they quoted was at the bottom of my range except since Dish has a reputation for providing very poor health insurance, I wasn't satisfied with the amount they quoted. I told them the rate was close enough to keep the discussion going but my desired rate was higher. A week later I received a rejection email. I thought I was highly qualified for the role so my guess is I wanted too much money. I could be wrong. Maybe I just didn't impress the recruiter. Since they didn't provide a reason, I'll never know for sure why I was rejected.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview that was fairly relaxed. If they believe you are a good fit they ask you to complete a questionnaire assessing your mathematical skills.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to send a few available days and times for video interview. Emailed back 3 options. Got an email back confirming the date and time. Interview day came. Voice did not work at the beginning of the interview. Ended up using phone for voice and google hangout for video. I was asked the same technical question 4 times that I said I don't know at the first time. Most unpleasant interview of all!

Interview Questions

• PageFactory in Selenium? Asked 3-4 times with different parts of Selenium.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

Disgusting. applied way back in Dec 2019. got a call from HR representative in March 2020. 5 min call. Asked me to complete a questionnaire. Dont know how can a questionnaire judge a candidate with 20 yrs of experience. Waited for 2 weeks. no response. just happened to check my account. It said Not selected. Wish they had the basic etiquette to atleast send an email.

Seemed it was just a namesake interview process. They already has a candidate selected and my interview seemed a formalilty

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview. Guy postponed 5 minutes prior then took 2 weeks to respond to reschedule with me following up. Was very excited for the role and felt like I met the requirements and didn't get it because of my interviewer