DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call from their own internal recruiter and she asked questions about my last position. After that I received a questionnaire to complete that covered math, reading and the internet. It was designed to be hard but should be a good indicator for quick problem solving.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was scheduled for an in-person interview the next day at Dish.

I arrived on time and was shown to the interview room. We discussed my current projects, my experience at my last employer, etc.

One interviewer was late out of three. Unfortunately, this appeared to be the only person in the interview with real technical skill. They offered no apology or explanation for being late, and I had to go back over previous answers.

I was asked to create small, simple python programs on paper. I did so. Finally, I was asked to design a stack. The person asking this question apparently did not know what a stack was, and preferred a design which was not a stack - instead, the interviewer wanted two stacks, and they wanted a dequeue operation on stack A to result in reordering and moving all elements of A to B. This bears no resemblance to any LIFO or FIFO stack I have ever seen, nor does it appear to be a useful structure in any way.

I was not asked to show any prior work, and the interviewers actually seemed more interested in trying to prove that I could not code by using wordplay and gotchas. I believe this team is hiring incompetent developers, and after doing a little research, found that they use H1B visas with far greater frequency than any other employer in the area.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for an operations SFA position a few months earlier and finally got a call back. I spoke with a recruiter and determined that a corporate SFA position would be a better fit. He sent over my information to the recruiter that handled that area and promptly scheduled a phone interview with the Senior Director of FP&A.

After I got through that interview, I was scheduled to come in for 4.5 hours, which consisted of two cognitive tests for 1.5 hours, and 6 (yes 6!) half hour interviews with various managers and directors.

Everyone was polite and friendly. The culture seemed great. If you're not a go getter and are just trying to get by on a paycheck, DISH is not for you. It seems the environment is filled with ambitious and smart employees.

After the interviews, I thought I had the job. To be honest, I felt really good about the first 4 interviews, and was iffy on the last 2 (final one was most important).

In the end, didn't get the job. Their loss. Time to move on.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time you did something big with something small (poor wording, can't remember)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 20 minute phone interview with her. I then had to take an online IQ test. Once I passed, I had an in person interview with the person I’d be working closely with. Before that interview however, I had to take ANOTHER IQ test and also a Wonderlic test at the office which took about an hour to complete both.

I received a rejection email 2 months later.

I don’t know why it was necessary to take so many tests that had nothing to do with the position. I’ve interviewed at several other places for a similar job and did not have to take any tests.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more like a “get to know you” conversation.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I attended an information session after visiting their table at an undergraduate career fair and had a next day interview. The interview was very straightforward behavioral questions, nothing tricky. I then had to submit a 1 minute cover letter type video and take an assessment very similar to an SAT with a reading, math, and internet section. The math was mostly financial math and basic percentage calculations. The reading was comparisons and big words. The internet section was ridiculous, you cannot prepare for it, either you know things or you guess.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 cities you want to live in?   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. Then I had a brief phone interview with a recruiter. Followed by an on site interview and took several aptitude tests. The process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time while working on a project?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Disclaimer... I am still in the interview process. The first step is a typical "soft-screen" by an HR rep. Assuming you do well in that, the second step is a a 2-hour untimed test. Assuming you do well on that, the third step is an in-person interview.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH in March 2018.

Interview

I received an email the same day (first time ever) requesting a phone call. The tone overall was very corporate, and the answers to my questions were vague and again, in corporate-speak.

Interview Questions

• Explain a project you assisted on in one of your former positions.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in March 2018.

Interview

Filled out application on website. Called by recruiter a week later. Passed that test! Was sent an aptitude test and passed that test. Went in for an interview a couple days later and I did not pass that test. No offer as they send a generic email saying they moved on to other applicants. If they ask when you can start, give them the 2 week notice respect. That’s where I think I made my mistake as I could not start for over a month. Everyone was professional and I went in with the suit and tie routine and thought I had it, as everything went great!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview which lasted 15 minutes. Skill quiz lasted 30 minutes. In person interview lasted one hour. The process was very easy. I enjoyed the company, but did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle customer complaints.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

This is horrible, this company is so unprofessional. As an internship applicant, I attended their virtual session, did a video cover letter, and then I received an email from recruiter regarding scheduling phone interview. But the recruiter didn't call me on our scheduled date and time, so I sent an email asking if we should re-schedule, the recruiter emailed back saying sorry for this incident, and we re-scheduled another time. The day finally came, and just 2 hours before the interview time, I received an email saying that"we are sorry but we're going to move forward with other candidates". Excuse me???!!! If you decided to choose other people, then why did you reschedule the interview with me??? Terrible experience. I was really upset because I have been preparing for this interview... Anyways, I have decided to stay away from this company no matter what, and yes, I understand that this company has other experienced and/or professional candidates to choose from and I'm nothing compared to them, but I will be experienced one day as well, and the most important thing is, I will never consider applying for this terrible company anymore.