DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.6

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter at the same day. Since she was fully booked for the following days that week, we scheduled a phone call late next week. Then I got the email a couple of hours earlier before our call saying she has to reschedule it because of a meeting. So we planned our call on the following week. But she called earlier that day since she sent the wrong time zone in the email......... I didn't pick up the call because that's not the time she sent me, however I tried to call her back and sent her an email. She later replied the email saying she didn't mean to send the wrong time zone and she got into an meeting after she called me. SO! She said she'll give me a call next Tuesday without telling me what time. I emailed her asking about time. She didn't even answer.

Finally we had the phone call without informing me what time she wanted to call. She said she'll present my portfolio to the hiring manager but I can't even trust her on doing that. What an unprofessional experience!!!!! A couple days later I got the rejection email. Horrible experience.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY).

Interview

At first I had a 10 min phone interview. She asked me about my previous experiences, if I’ve scheduled anything for the next X weeks, she told me about the salary and the work hours and she asked me to complete an on-boarding portal online. I was supposed to help a customer in 10 minutes. Some days later they called me to schedule a face to face interview. At first a lady asked me to translate a scenario. Then the manager came in and showed me the environment. They were all very friendly. Then we set in the office and he interviewed me for around 45 mins. After that I went to the administrative assistant who asked me if I was ok with a background check. We proceeded with that and the next day they called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, Questions asked related to how you feel about working with different personalities and how would you react on a call when a customer is yelling and cursing at you.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with people that you may not agree with?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through the website and attached my resume, after which I was prompted to take part in an on-line assessment. But before I could get to the assessment I received an email from a recruiter saying they wanted to talk to me and see about setting up an interview.
    So we talked, we agreed to meet at a specific date and time and juuuust before we hung up, the recruiter realized I had NOT yet taken that assessment. So I did. Almost immediately upon completion, I was contacted saying the position was filled, my interview was cancelled and even though the job was still posted on the internet, I had been blocked from reapplying.
    My credentials looked good on paper. Sounded good when I discussed them in further detail on the phone in the form of smart yet polite conversation. But I was no match for the assessment—and we all know the mark of good customer service is a person’s ability to check boxes and meet metrics as opposed to happy customers who retain/renew/expand their subscriptions.

Interview Questions

• The system is requiring me to add an interview question so I’m writing something in this space to make it happy   Answer Question

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO).

Interview

There's a phone interview with easy questions and lots of information about the job itself. During the phone call they scheduled me for an in person interview. I hadn't uploaded a resume because I just didn't have one and the HR rep told me I needed one, so I made one and uploaded it, already having told the rep that I had little to no experience, and them having said it wasn't a problem. I got a call before my interview in person canceling it, which kinda sucks, and left a sour taste, but I appreciate that they were professional enough to tell me upfront that they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• How do you think this job fits in with your future plans?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Tulsa, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

A lady called on the phone for the interview. She was calling in. from CO. It was just ;preliminary interview, she called from CO office. The interviewer asked me some basic questions and there were a. few role-plays well. few role plays regarding hypotheticals in sales.

Interview Questions

• position desired, basic info, salaryThe interviewer asked me some basic questions and there were a few role-plays well regarding hypotheticals in sales situations. She explained the hourly salary, explained benefits and the training process to me. then she asked when I could interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online via company portal on 12/10. Contacted by Recruiting Team via e-mail on 12/19 and scheduled a phone interview for 12/21 at 11:00 am. Recruiter missed the appointment & didn't call. I sent an e-mail inquiry and the response was that she forgot about our interview due to a "mandatory training." Rescheduled for 12/29 at 1:00pm. She called at 10:00 am. Luckily I had been preparing and was ready. The interview was extremely positive and lasted about 20 minutes. The conversation ended with her saying that I'd be passed to the hiring manager of the team with her recommendation.
    I received an auto-generated rejection e-mail on 1/1. I sent a quick note expressing my surprise, considering that the hiring manager she was supposed to refer me to was out of the office until 1/2, and my e-mail bounced back with an Out of Office e-mail of her own.
    Not sure exactly what's going on over there, but if the recruiters are this disorganized and/or uninformed, maybe I dodged a bullet here!

Interview Questions

• First question asked was about previous job experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied through my university, interviewed students that went to informational session. Easy behavioral questions, some different questions asking things I hadn't heard anyone else ask but was easy to answer.

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Met with a recruiter for a phone screen. Recruiter called 5 minutes late, asked me basic questions about myself, didn't really seem like she was listening, and then ended the call after 10 minutes to say they would follow up.

Field Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Roseland, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Assessment test first then interview questions. Very comfortable environment and polite employees. Arrive 15-20 minutes early and bring 3 copies of your resume. Have eye contact and stay positive. Clean, friendly environment.