DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I received a call from their own internal recruiter and she asked questions about my last position. After that I received a questionnaire to complete that covered math, reading and the internet. It was designed to be hard but should be a good indicator for quick problem solving.

Corporate Offices Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process was great. Recruiters are very helpful. Testing is done to qualify candidates as this is a very technical company requiring really smart folks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating for me. I was satisfied with the offer.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

Very long and drawn out - went in for in-person interviews three times and completed three assessments.

Interview Questions

• None in particular that I can remember, but the entire process was very tedious and long. The recruiter did a great job, but the process itself was awful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I indicated the amount I felt was fair and was offered $5k less than that. What I learned later was that if you're unemployed, DISH takes advantage of the fact that you're most likely not going to decline the offer and low-balls you.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

It starts with a phone interview from recruiter, some at home assessments, and then either a Skype or in Person if your local. After the skype for a non-local they fly out strong candidates.

There are two on-site assessments during the in-person interview. Usually meeting with 3 people or so team members after that, manager, and directors if all goes well.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in the following three areas; Need to Achieve, Energy, and Intelligence.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Took first assessment on reasoning skills, which was followed by a phone screen the next day. During the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled for the following week, which lasted two hours. One hour for two more assessments, one on deductive/analytical, etc. reasoning and the other on SAT style verbal and math questions. This was followed by two separate individual interviews, which involved standard and straightforward questions. Most question were regarding the skills required for the job and if I had them. No 'trick' questions asking about weaknesses or anything like 'tell me about a time when you...'. I thought the interviews were very encouraging and promising (telling me when I would start [that week], who would train me, talking about the commute/traffic, referring to possible future promotions, etc.) I have never been so certain that I was getting an offer after an interview as I was after that one. The next day I got a phone call saying they went with someone else.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

On campus interview with HR. After this, there was an online personality/skills tests. After the test, there was an interview on-site. The interview was in various different departments that I had expressed interest in during the initial interview. After the interviews were done, I was asked to rank my preferences of departments and they used this information when matching jobs for all of the candidates.

It was a good process all in all.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Followed up multiple times to schedule an interview a month later. Came into the office and took multiple exams. Met with people within the department but wasn't informed which teams were hiring.

Interview Questions

• I didn't realize I was applying for a general position rather than a specific team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; I've heard rumors that when you try to negotiate with HR, offers will be rescinded immediately.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was on campus, followed by a math/logic/reasoning assessment. Dish does not believe in GPA as an indicator of success so they make you take about 5 hours worth of standardized-type tests to see where you stack up. Second round at company headquarters where I interviewed with 6 different managers and executives. Had to take another test too...

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a team where people did not pull their weight.   Answer Question

Didn't like the feeling I got from senior level management. I had not heard good things about upper level management and how they treat entry level employees. Also they have no training program for new hires-it's baptism by fire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

cleared the online test. they called for 1:1 interview and asked behavioral questions. but rejected me the next day. dont know what happened.

Interview Questions

• describe your most difficult task performed at workplace   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Initially I applied online for the position. Then, I received a call from them. It was more like a background check and a behavioral interview. She then sent me a link and asked me to complete the online assessment test. After three days, I have received a call from them inviting me to an onsite interview.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I completed an application and was later contacted by a recruiter for an initial interview. The interview went well and they later sent me an online assessment. I completed it and was later told that I passed. After that I was supposed to be interviewed by a hiring manager for the position. The feedback I received from recruiters led me to believe that I was doing well. A month and a half later, I received an e-mail stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly I was asked about the work i had done on my former projects   Answer Question