DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Interviews at DSW

2.1

Interview

For a minimum wage job the interview process was pretty simple. They went over the company's work environment, what employees are trained to (such as sales, cashier, freight). They also required a minimum age requirement of 18. No degree requirements.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager, store director and district manager. Interview took about two weeks. Spoke to hiring manager afterwards to talk about on boarding. Had to complete an online assessment which took about 45 minutes to complete.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They asked me maybe 6 general questions, many of which were "tell me a time when..." questions. It was very conversational and the management seemed very nice. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked about integrity and other basic concepts to make sure you were a good person and had an understanding of money. It was super easy and they hired me right away. Overall good experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake St Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Lake St Louis, MO) in February 2020.

Interview

The process was simple and easy and the managers were nice and made me feel comfortable. The application took about an overall week to be viewed which I felt was a reasonable time frame.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I was an internal promotion for the store that I was currently working at, so I didn't have an interview with my SM at the time because he already knew my work ethic and supported my promotion. I only had a phone interview with the District Manager, which was really uncomfortable because he didn't hide the fact that he was pushing for an external hire and didn't want me to get the job. The phone call lasted 30 minutes and at the end of it he gave me a really awful "homework" assignment to come up with 20 scenarios where a customer wouldn't want to sign up for our rewards program, and 20 solutions. In the end, my SM told me I got the job after about a week and that particular DM never spoke to me again.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome a situation where a customer refuses to sign up for the Rewards Program?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in December 2019.

Interview

Two 30 min phone interviews. First one with the recruiter. Asked some behavioral questions on the projects and experience. Remember to prepare 1-2 projects you could relate to your personality, problem-solving skill, work ethics, etc. Second with the development team on more technical stuff. About the personal projects, not hard. But didn't get the offer probably because of the lack the depth in my description.

Interview Questions

• (technical) About the personal projects on resume and the tools used in them. No coding involved.   Answer Question

Interview

I had to answer basic questions, then watch a video and was asked about what I saw in the video. The video was about basic store policies and things to look out for and I was then quizzed about it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good part of this team? What skills do you have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and a few days later, on Thursday, I got an email asking if I was able to come in for an interview which would be held place on Saturday. I arrived at the interview and it turned out to be a group interview. The girls I interviewed with were quite nice and so was the manager that was interviewing us. He went over our schedules and what the position entails. Simple questions were asked and we went around the table answering, but it was really relaxed and a comfortable environment. The manager interviewing us was very nice and open about what he expected of someone coming into the position and asked if we had any questions. We then were all hired on the spot and were told about the next steps of employment. I would say just make sure you’re very honest about availability, strengths/weaknesses, and dress well. It’s a very casual place, but we were told about the dress code and how some people come in too relaxed, so make sure that you show that you’re fashionable and ready for work.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW (Kansas City, MO) in September 2019.

Interview

It was a wonderful experience. The manager was very polite and relatable. I didn’t feel overly stressed about the questions I was asked and the manager made me feel comfortable.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Applied, asked to come in for an interview with a manager. Then took 5 minutes and was asked to come in the next day for a second interview. The process only took 2 days and I applied within a week of being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best/worst experience at your previous job.   Answer Question