Dimensional Fund Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Institutional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

Interview was conversational. Met with many people from the division I was interested in. They focus on getting to know you and whether you'll be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe Dimensional's investment philosophy   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

You interview with a LOT of people, and you end up answering most of the same questions over and over again, but everyone is super nice and really willing to work with you.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make at your last job/what's your current salary?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, have the HR phone interview one week later, hiring manager interview in the 2nd week and all the other co-worker and senior managers interview in the 3rd week.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Multiple people. 4 in total for me. Some guy from database team, then dept mgr, then the supposed lead tech and then the boss of these previous people.

They flatout lied about what the environment was like, i know that now.

Generally a good interview experience though. Present themselves as very together and a good company for anyone. Good sell.

Investment Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then an in-person office visit. Extremely amicable interviewers who were very knowledgeable and down to earth. There were no technical questions only behavioral. A lot of the interviews were based on explaining what the group's role was within the company and how that helps the firm overall.

Financial Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Started off with 2-3 HR phone screenings followed by a super-day interview on location.
    Consisted of 5 different interviewers back-to-back.
    The superday interviews were by current senior associates as well as regional managers.
    Overall decent experience- the questions were't overly technical but you need to know your stuff..
    Know efficient markets hypothesis and 5-Factor model.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied the first week of March and had two phone interviews before they flew me to Austin for a final interview. The final interview was four back-to-back one-on-one interviews and then a more casual interview over lunch with one other candidate. I received an offer the next day. It was very behavioral based and really just trying to get to know you and if you would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer played the devil's advocate and you had to explain to her why you should stick with your way or switch to her way   1 Answer

FAS Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with an employee referral
    HR contacted me to set up a screening
    Phone screen with Human Resources (about 30 minutes)
    30 minute behavioral/ fit interview with regional director
    Six 30 minute interviews onsite

Interview Questions

• How do we differ from other mutual fund families? And how would you differentiate us to clients?   Answer Question

Research Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through career center and received the first-round interview with HR. The first-round interview questions are mostly about your backgrounds and why you are interested in DFA. On the same day, HR notified me about choosing a time for the second-round interview. In the second-round interview, I was interviewing with a researcher in Austin. Questions include discussing your research projects, and interrupted with several clarifying questions, questions about why DFA, and explained the three-factor model in a way your grandma can understand. One day later, I received a notification to be onsite. The onsite interview consists of 1-hour lunch interview and four 30-min interviews. I met 3 VPs, 1 Senior Researcher, and 1 Researcher. 1-hour lunch interview includes discussion on your research topic (intuition, challenges, and details) and why you want to work for DFA. 30-min interviews are similar, all about your own research project, behavior questions and some technical questions, such as team work, software you use, packages you use, when to correct standard error, how to correct serial correlation, and challenges you faced in your own research project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research project, challenges and contributions of your research project.   Answer Question
    • An example of team work, how to handle conflict.   Answer Question
    • How to use a three-factor model   Answer Question
    • Software you use, packages you use, and how to correct standard error, how to correct serial correlation.   Answer Question
    • why finance industry   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with a campus recruiting/ HR person. Resume walk through and other questions that aren't too tough. Know market efficiency and excel stuff. Good process. Dimensional Fund Advisors portfolio management intern Charlotte North Carolina