Dimensional Fund Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dimensional Fund Advisors

2.8

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

A few phone interviews and then a 3 hour interview with 6 manager and higher level employees. The process began in august of 2013 and I was hired in March of 2017

Interview Questions

• Fizzbuzz test. Outdated test by a good decade that we've all done before and is now considered a joke.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was lowballed when the offer finally came. It was corrected when I initially declined.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very easy, They are looking for fit more than anything else. Does your investment philosophy match theirs? (Or can you pretend it does) and are you a bro. It helps if you can talk about a sport. Everyone here loves sports. If you can talk about football specially.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting for associate in financial advisor services.
    1st round in person, second round at HQ in Austin.
    1st round is with 1 HR person and 1 person from department. Second round is with 4 or 5 people who work in the FAS department. Pretty standard fit stuff, basic understanding of what Dimensional's strategy is (Five factor model or 3 factor model).

Interview Questions

• Why Dimensional? Why FAS? Mostly fit but need to know what their strategies or philosophy generally is   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process was pretty long. They bring you on campus half a day to interview with some VPs and Managers. Not a very diverse group of people. Not exactly sure what the interview team is looking for, some ranked me as very well prepared others classified me as not prepared. You need to be a team player, eager to learn, and interested in the investment philosophy. I felt a little uneasy about the lack of diversity as I entered the building. However that simply my opinion.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Contact from HR to meet at an academic conference. I attended a networking event and interviewed with DFA there. The HR team is extremely professional and courteous, but I couldn't say the same about the researcher at DFA. They were cold, arrogant, and had the belief that they were intellectually superior. Certainly, DFA provides a fantastic investment vehicle, but their success might have created a snobbish and entitle attitude in their research department.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

1 phone interviews
    1 WebEx interview
    1 interview day (4-5 people)

Very straight forward. Very thourough. They are judging your character and personality along with aptitude. Don't come off arrogant, brash, or unfriendly... THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU! They are looking for proactive, team players familiar with their investment philosophy

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone screen interview is very simple, not a lot of technical questions.
    First interview is meeting with Manager,Technical interview by team mates, the questions were all .net related.
    There is a coding test at the end. Its very simple, if you have few months of experience with writing code, you will do well in the coding test.

Interview Questions

• Simple asp.net questions
      Simple coding problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone. Followed by 2 other phone interviews. Laid back interviews, mainly behavioral questions/wanted to know what you knew about the company/strategy. Followed up with a onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First round was a call with HR, then a call with team leader. Next they brought me in for an on site interview in Austin, TX. I met with 6 members of the team and a HR person on site. Most of the on site questions were about fit and investment philosophy, with a specific focus on why DFA and why you believe in efficient markets.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed at AEA. Two managers and one HR. The process normally took 15 - 20 mins. They propably interviewed 100 people in three days. Overall it was a nice and simple one. Talked about the paper, the personal experience, the working environment, etc.