Dimensional Fund Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dimensional Fund Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.7

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

applied through campus recruiting and got selected to do the first-round interview. First round questions are generally behavioral. Technical questions are pretty basic and corporate finance class is enough to deal with it.

IAD Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

Things are all about your resume. Focus on your resume first, and try to ask some questions they are actually interested. Also do not forget to search their company's philosophies and academic researches.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

great experience, typical 3 rounds type. hr, hiring then onsite. People are helpful and friendly. Hr will ask typical behavior questions and market efficienty. Hiring manager is more about your skills and backgrounds. On site will focus on your resume as well.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors in February 2018.

Interview

The job description mostly mentioned data analytics (Python, R, SQL, etc.)

2 rounds - one with HR, one with a Sr. Researcher

HR was mostly screening, questions on resume, behavioral. In the follow-up, she gave me a list of bullet points and articles to study (including Efficient Market Hypothesis, Fama-French 3 Factor Models, Dimensional case studies/articles, etc). I studied all of these things, but the next round Sr. Researcher didn't really talk about any of them. He gave me questions about probabilities and SQL - they weren't too bad but not what I was expecting.

The HR follow-up was pretty misleading, led me to do a lot of research and reading when I should have just been focused on the technical aspects.

Summer Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

This is the first round interview. The whole process last for 30 minutes. The question are mainly based on your resume, and here are some behavior questions regarding their company and their investment idea.

Institutional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter and then a Super day at the Austin Office with 5 rounds of interview. It was pretty conversational.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

First round with HR, second round with team member. Then invited on site. Will go there this week and I will update my answers after that final round. Overall speaking, interviewers are very nice.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Interview

The questions were not difficult to answer and mostly behavioral. I was interviewed consecutively by several people and none of them had very hard questions. They preferred candidates to know something about what the company was doing .

Interview Questions

• How to prove that a positive alpha is produced by a good strategy rather than by pure luck?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

1 phone screen with HR, then 2 phone interviews each with a member from FAS, then I was invited in to the office for 4 back to back 30 minute interviews and a lunch at the end

Interview Questions

• Why Dimensional? Everyone has an impressive resume, why should we pick YOU? Have you ever had your ethics put to the test?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dimensional Fund Advisors (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with an FAS team member, followed by 5 back-to-back interviews on-site. The interviews were pleasant all around, and were with very smart people. Know the Dimensional philosophy.

Interview Questions

• If you inherited $1 million today, how would you invest it?   Answer Question