Dropbox Dropbox Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Dropbox Dropbox Rotation Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.4

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Interview

The recruiters and interviewer struck the perfect balance between professionalism and approachability. My interviewer was kind, patient, easy to talk to, and answered all questions directly and completely; regardless of whether I get the job, I ended leaving the experience feeling as though I was given a fair chance to prove myself.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair and largely expected: tell me how you chose your school, picked your majors, why Dropbox, etc.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Sent in resume and cover letter through their website. Was contacted shortly thereafter and asked to answer a Jobvite questionnaire which included 7 questions ranging from the mundane to the insane.

I tried to reach out to the recruiters twice to ask a few follow-up questions but was never responded back to.

Spent quite a lot of time on that "questionnaire" of theirs and I personally think that Dropbox itself is not sure of the type of individual they're looking for to fill this "Rotation Program." Take a look at the job description if you don't believe me: "So you might be an awesome coder, a database wizard, or you might have some interest in predictive analytics. Maybe you have a way with people, or win every debate. Any of that sounds good to us." Yet the questionnaire is filled with questions that have nothing to do with technical questions. Instead of you're asked to critique a badly written support e-mail; answer back to an inquiry for a SMB owner who's looking to purchase Dropbox for Business accounts; and questions related to the future of the company.

Interview Questions

• What are three areas that Dropbox for Business should be looking to expand in the future?   2 Answers

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I found out about this program from my university's job posting site. In addition to applying online (only needed to submit a resume through dropbox), I talked with an employee at the career fair. I was contacted about 4 days later asking to sign up for a first round interview. The interview was very casual and lasted only 30 minutes. I am still in the interview process and am waiting to hear back. They said I should hear back within 2-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions about entering a new market- where would I go? What would I think about? Very open ended questions.   Answer Question

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through a university website. Got an email about the on-campus interview, had a very pleasant interview that concentrated on how I would approach analytical problems in the future of the company. Though not prompted, I talked about the metrics that could be used (sort of standard product manager response) in many cases. My interviewer took a lot of notes and was overall pretty great.

Afterwards, I received a go to do an online challenge that concentrated more on how I communicate with people and groups of potential customers. I did a ton of research on these and spent a lot of time answering them. I think I did really well - chatted with a friend in the industry after and she said those sounded like perfect answers (and some were even being pursued in Dropbox at the time).

After submitting the challenge I was informed that I couldn't be considered for the position because Dropbox didn't sponsor international work visas for this program. I find it pretty disrespectful that a company wouldn't disclose such an important piece of information before the process or at some point in the initial stages. Beware if you are international that you have to check your status with them sooner rather than later. It sucks to get emotionally involved in the process only to find out that you won't even be considered.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but they asked about factors you would consider when expanding DB further.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

After meeting Dropbox at my campus career fair, I went to their private info session on the Dropbox Rotational Program. It's a very cool idea since you get to try out Sales and User Ops for 6 months each before moving to specialize in the department of your choice. I then went through the entire interview process as follows:

First round: Online questionnaire. It asked a couple of case questions such as how you would respond to a user with a specific problem or a small business owner asking if Dropbox for Business was a smart investment for his company. Other questions are just to get to know you better.

Second round: Skype screening with a current or past DRP Associate. The one I connected to went over my resume and asked me a couple more case questions, such as if I wanted to open a new office for Dropbox somewhere in the world, what metrics would I use to determine good locations. Overall a good experience.

Third/final round: Dropbox flew me out to San Francisco to have a round of interviews with various employees at the company. They asked me to prepare a pitch to integrate Dropbox with an app and explain what benefits the integration would have to both parties, why I picked this particular app over others, etc. Other interviews consisted of going over my resume, asking about projects I was proud of or times I failed and what I did about it, and a few challenge questions. The interviews were a little unorthodox since I came into the office on Halloween and practically everyone was dressed in costume. I got interviewed by a guy dressed as Luigi from Super Mario Bros. After the interviews I was given a tour of the office and a snack from their main cafeteria, but then shown out the door without any immediate followup. I ended up getting emailed the following Monday informing me that I had not been selected for the program.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of Dropbox, what metrics would you utilize to evaluate both company and employee health?   Answer Question

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through Dropbox directly. Questionnaire is long but very productive. You really learn a lot about Dropbox, which prepares you for future interviews. The next step in the process is a Skype interview, which for me, was a complete rollercoaster. They started off with basic behavioral questions and why I was interested in the program. Then, they asked me how Dropbox could improve - i answered by thinking up a cool new feature - they asked me for practical uses of the new feature - I answered - they asked me how I would roll out the new feature - then asked if I would charge users for it - then asked what metrics I would use to constitute success. the whole interview took 45 minutes. By the end of the interview, I was about to pass out. I've interviewed at Google and Microsoft before, but none of my interviews were as intense, stressful, and fun as my interview with Dropbox. Unfortunately I did not move forward - program is very competitive, but great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure how important dropbox is to a user's life?   Answer Question

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Interview

First step was a resume drop, next was a questionnaire, then a Skype interview and then flying out to San Francisco. The questionnaire was fairly straight forward asking to formulate potential emails for current clients and future clients, how you use Dropbox in your every day life, etc. For the Skype interview, Dropbox sent a pdf with some helpful tips. Be friendly, cheerful, and energetic!

Interview Questions

• What would you work on for Hack Week and what would you want to accomplish?   Answer Question

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Completed questionnaire, phone interview, on site interview. All interviewers were very friendly at the office- met with four different people over the course of two hours. Had to also prepare a brief presentation, but not too stressful. Fit interviews performed as well- nice, relaxed conversation with a member of the rotation program.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you focus on to determine how active Dropbox users are?   Answer Question

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in October 2014.

Interview

The first step was a questionnaire which was pretty basic but asked a bunch of questions about Dropbox and how I use it. It wasn't too difficult and the fact that I wasn't on a time constraint made it much better. The next step was a skype interview that was casual but challenging. Following most of my answers the interviewer would ask me to play devils advocate with myself, which I thought was pretty unconventional.

Interview Questions

• If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them how would you choose which ones to answer?   85 Answers

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Three step process:
    1) on campus recruiting interview - interesting thought provoking questions like how would you prioritize responding to a lot of tickets
    2) questionnaire - a variety of different types of questions (everything from your experience with Dropbox to how you would respond to a certain email)
    3) on-site with 6 discussions with different people - everyone was very casual and friendly; it made for a (relatively) stress-free experience -- be passionate about the product and be ready to tackle some interesting questions regarding Dropbox!

Interview Questions

• Product integration (prepared beforehand)   1 Answer