Dropbox Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Rotation Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.3

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dropbox in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite casual and I had a great time with my interviewer. The first question that was asked threw me off as it was really technical. The interview was divided into analysis questions and behavioral/personality questions. The former wasn't so bad, see the questions below.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the engineering team designed the back end of the mobile app differently than the desktop (pertaining to storing files locally?)   2 Answers
  • If you have 1000 leads a day, how would you prioritize them?   2 Answers
  • Why did you choose your university?   1 Answer
  • What metrics would you use to measure user satisfaction?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It all started with a written assignment. After that I had a phone interview and was then flown out to the SF HQ. There I interviewed with 4 employees. A couple days later I had a Skype interview

Interview Questions

• If you had to give a superpower to anyone in the world, what would it be and who would you give it to?   1 Answer

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I was recruited on a college campus and then was given a phone interview after. The phone interview was difficult and I was asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did the engineering team develop the back-end of the software for mobile phones different than for computers (in regards to local storage)?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Berkeley, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Career fair
    email to setup a interview at my school
    Spoke with one person who graduated from Harvard

Interview Questions

• If you have 1000 emails, how would you decide in which order to answer them, so as to give the best service?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The process: 1) resume drop 2) questionnaire 3) 30-minute phone interview 4) 2-day onsite interviews

This was one of the more unpleasant recruiting experiences I've had. It was made worse by the fact that everything up until the on-site interviews were great. In my 30-minute phone call, I spoke to a wonderful User Ops engineer, who was warm, down-to-earth, and smart. A few hours after, the team invited me on-site to San Francisco.

Now, I understand that interviews are judgmental, and recruiters have to strike the balance between being evaluative and being friendly. Stone-facing is fine in my book, too. But I had an interviewer who was simply nasty. It was clear that he/she quickly formed an opinion of me before we even dived into a substantive discussion. We had different ways of speaking, and he/she seemed to overestimate how revealing this was about "who I was."

The experience felt more as though I was being judged at a sorority than at a company. Culture is strong at Dropbox. Many employees love it, but I think it can also reinforce a "we're the in crowd" attitude in people who still think about ...people in this way. An employee review on Glassdoor also describes some of the teams as "fratty" and that he feels uncomfortable among the Sales employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you scale up the number of users at a Dropbox for Business client company?   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in April 2013.

Interview

Quick process but somewhat unorganized. Applied online, got an email and a phone call about 3 or 4 days later (from employee #1). Sent me a questionnaire (really a series of questions and writing exercises) to do, and then got a phone interview lined up (by employee #2). So far so good.

The interviewer (employee #3) was unexpectedly joined by a new hire (employee #4). Okay, not a big deal. The interviewer seemed incredibly disengaged from the beginning. The interview was pretty bland and back and forth. There were also the types of questions you'd get at a consulting interview, which I guess reflected the interviewer's consulting background but was a little unexpected for a user ops and sales role.

What other people wrote about "fit" is definitely true. A lot of the questions were really about that more than anything else. Pretty much the "questionnaire" takes care of your skills and experiences, and the interviews are for "fit."

I did not get an offer (informed by employee #2), but I was not disappointed. I did not think it was a good fit either.

Interview Questions

• How many users does Dropbox have worldwide? Explain how you got to that number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I dropped my resume via an employee referral. I was contacted very quickly by a recruiter who asked me to complete an on-line questionnaire. After this stage, I was set up with a thirty minute phone interview, and then later an on-site interview. The process was very fast paced, be ready for quick responses.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of company [x], what five metrics would you look at everyday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Application-Questionnaire-Phone interview-On site interview (SF)-Rejection

Took way too much time and honestly I do not know if they hire anyone at all. Cultural fit is a big deal and everyone I met was really happy/cheerful/energetic. I think that might be key, you have to be personable and positive. HR was great but I got the rejection the next day.

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in April 2014.

Interview

Applied March 2014, process took about 2 weeks.
    Filled out the questionnaire "challenge" online, phone interview with a current member of the Rotation Program, was moved on to an on-site interview with a product integration pitch but it was canceled a few days before my flight because the positions were all filled.

They are very efficient! The process was quick and I always knew where I stood in the process. It would have been nice if they gave everyone an opportunity to interview on-site before selecting the class though!

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you use to determine the number of Dropbox users in New York City?   Answer Question

Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Info session followed by a Q&A
    Had to fill out a questionnaire
    Then was contacted for on campus interview, this was done by one of the employees in the Info Session.

Asked me about my school work, projects, experience with Dropbox, and what companies I admire and how I see that their business must continue progressing in order to succeed in their sectors.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you change in Dropbox if you were to join?   Answer Question