Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2018

2.5

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

The job applications are found online on the website. After filling them out and turning them in, you are called in for a one-on-one interview with the Peer Tutor Coordinator. The interview process is not difficult at all. As long as you meet their hiring criteria and are prepared for the interview, you are likely to get the position.

Ph D Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with multiple faculty members and discussed research, data, and philosophies about doing science. Met graduate students to learn about student life. Had seminars and sessions to talk about student life at Duke and logistics of Ph.D. program.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations? What do you want to do with a Ph.D. in the sciences?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone screen along with a few simple programming challenges to write followed by an in-person interview with the entire team as a whole and then one on one with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Primarily how I gained experience in the skills I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview is a pretty straight forward process. If coming from the outside the interviews are usually 1/2 day. Duke is big and individual departments have some discretion so a lot depends on where you are interviewing specifically. The hiring process is nothing out of the ordinary - they make an offer and you go from there.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. Shoot high, as you will likely not get a substantial increase for a while, if ever if you stay in the position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

You must talk to many, many people. The higher your expected position the more people you talk to. Expect to come in for multiple interviews (3 or more). Process is very slow.

Interview Questions

• Just standard interview questions. Nothing designed to trick you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent. Take it or leave it.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a breeze, loved every bit , i was very nervous because I interviewed with more than one person.. duke is a big company and many many employers

Assistant Interview

Interview

Had one interview to land a student-worker job. Pretty straightforward. It's not really a matter of whether you fit, more of whether you're willing to do the work. Afterwards, it takes probably a week to get started on a project an working. The payment system is antiquated but I think they're finally moving towards a direct deposit option for all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took the offer as a stuent.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I only had one round. I had a skype interview with the on site director and they were all very professional. It was a good experience. Heard back a few weeks later and it was all very streamlined. The overall experience of the interview was very good and I had a great time talking to the people.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was over the phone. Very easy. I talked to Julia from the Remittances, Migration, and Development program. It was very straightforward. Julia was also very eager to answer my questions, and she was very kind. It was mainly an interview about my interests, and why I wanted to work there.

Intern Interview

Interview

Only applicable to students- hire from within undergrad community and within majors. Definitely becomes easier to get a job as you get older. Research positions are not hard to get but often require a connection.