EMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EMC Consulting Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Analyst Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting.

Interview

Got a mail from the recruiter after applying through University career services. Phone interview was scheduled with a member of the Corporate Strat group.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question based on past EMC experience. Few regular behavioral questions: resume based, why EMC, etc   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Seattle EMC Isilon office asked me to take all day off and had me interview with each of the team members. I would say the interview process wasn't terribly formalized or difficult, but depending on the person interviewing I wouldn't say it was easy either. Most people seem friendly. I sensed some tension with management when the employees interviewed me. HR and Management strung me along forever and after a full day of interviewing never had the decency to email or call me that I didn't get the position. This is unprofessional and disrepectful and it's how I perceive working for this company might be.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Draper, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Several technical and managermet interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer letter 30 days after interview and acceptance in same week.

Associate Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Draper, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Happened really quick. Interviewed twice in the same day. Concentrated mostly on business skills and team work.

Interview Questions

• How could you meet two deliverables that are sure on the same day? And you know you aren't going to meet at least one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very contingent in the salary if your previous employer and your technical experience.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me and explained the requirement. Had 3 phone interviews with Technology directors and in person discussions with team i was "supposed" to join in. Whole process took 2 months to complete especially because of the slow response from their side. I had to sent 10 emails and phone calls atleast to proceed to next step. Ultimately everything went fine and then the waiting begins.. No response for 1.5 weeks and ultimately recruiter called me only to say that because of "strategy changes", they are not able to forward an offer. I was sad but glad it is finally over.

Interview Questions

• Explain design patterns. How you implement it on a new project   Answer Question
    • How to get client requirements shaped to a project   Answer Question

Advisory Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

Mostly phone interviews with the management group you will be hiring into as well as other consultants within this group.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you were on where something went wrong and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I stated what I was looking for in terms of compensation and asked if they could provide something more compelling in order to come over.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (East Brunswick, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

-A professional acquaintance from prior job worked for EMC. He forwarded my resume to the hiring manager who needed a Business Architect on a client project about to be launched
    - I had a phone screening by the Project Manager for 30 minutes (1 week after Resume submission). I was asked about my overall experience as well as specific technology experience. I got scheduled for another phone interview on next day, with Technical Architect
    - Interview with Technical architect, 45 minutes, focused on specific projects I had worked on (on same technology that they were implementing at client).
    - I had a face to face interview with the engagement lead in East Brunswick, NJ office (next week). The interview focused on situational questions
    - Next day, I had compensation and cultural fit interview with HR. I was happy with their first offer, so not much negotiation
    - After 2 weeks, I was at client site (after background checks and other formalities)

Interview Questions

• How would you win client business in competitive multi-vendor environment ?   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Denver, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself coming in and taking over in this position?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

May 2010 I got an email from a recruiter that wanted to speak with about a opportunity at EMC.
    Spoke with the recruiter the same day in the morning for 10min, letting them know to submit me for Solutions Architect opportunity. Then 20min later got a call from an EMC (rep) and schedule a technical phone interview for the following day. the next day EMC tried their best to grilled me on exchange 2003/2007/2010 for 2 hours but after the interview I felt confident I did well.
    The following morning the same EMC rep contact me again to schedule a second around technical interview which was a week later. I was interviewed by a in-house Senior EMC exchange architect. and was grilled on exchange design, deployment, troubleshoot, migrations, and best practice approach scenarios. I did well on everything expect for his exchange 5.5 migration questions. the following day once again I got a call from the EMC rep and was told I did great on both technical screening and and will do a presentation on for the final interview in front of a panel. She emailed me a scenario and told me she will contact me to schedule the final interview date. I started my proposal presentation and finish it in 3 hours. A week goes by No call back. I try to contact the emc rep for 2 weeks and also had the recruiter to contact her as well. I finally got in contact with her and was told the presentation interview are for direct hire and I applied for a contract position which only requires to technical screening. next she congratulated me and said that they are placing me on a project in NYC next week to start. the following week no calls from the EMC rep. After tracking her down same Bull crap she gave me "we have projects where placing you on one this week". After 4 weeks I am still waiting to be place on a project and now we are in July 2010.

My colleagues and peers consider me a exchange expert, and I have the track record to prove it.

If you consider yourself an expert in your field dont allow EMC to waste your time like I did!

Vice President Data Solution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

It was large group of people. Interview process was intense.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to solving problems   1 Answer