EMC Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EMC Consulting

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Seattle EMC Isilon office asked me to take all day off and had me interview with each of the team members. I would say the interview process wasn't terribly formalized or difficult, but depending on the person interviewing I wouldn't say it was easy either. Most people seem friendly. I sensed some tension with management when the employees interviewed me. HR and Management strung me along forever and after a full day of interviewing never had the decency to email or call me that I didn't get the position. This is unprofessional and disrepectful and it's how I perceive working for this company might be.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Draper, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

Several technical and managermet interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer letter 30 days after interview and acceptance in same week.

Advisory Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

Mostly phone interviews with the management group you will be hiring into as well as other consultants within this group.

Interview Questions

• What was the last project you were on where something went wrong and how did you fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I stated what I was looking for in terms of compensation and asked if they could provide something more compelling in order to come over.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Denver, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself coming in and taking over in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process was weird as the HR person just emailed me for my resume and did not follow up after I sent my resume. I called and he asked me to resend the resume. he rushed a face to face with the hiring manager saying that due to my experince I can skip the phone screen. But after the face to face , he wanted me to talk to a peer just to get an idea for the job. He said that I was the only candidate and a job offer will be ready and this is a formality. But after this interview, he wanted me to talk to another peer just to complet the cycle and for me to get more info on job. Again said the offer is almost ready. After the third phone interview, he said that he cannot make an offer as there were many candidates and it was difficult not to make an offer. Very weird experince. Thec onsulting group does not seem to know what they are doing.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process initially consisted of a phone interview with a field employee. This took about 30 mihutes and went very well. The second portion of the interview process consisted of a face to face interview with a director level and followed by an interview with the direct hiring manager. Feedback from these interviews were passed back to the internal recruiter who extended an initial verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• Several scenario based questions concerning Microsoft technologies were given as well as customer service type scenarios.   Answer Question
    • Several questions concerning the ability to work in a team environment. How to handle employees that did not want to perform. How to handle employees that like to "take the credit" for other people's work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

May 2010 I got an email from a recruiter that wanted to speak with about a opportunity at EMC.
    Spoke with the recruiter the same day in the morning for 10min, letting them know to submit me for Solutions Architect opportunity. Then 20min later got a call from an EMC (rep) and schedule a technical phone interview for the following day. the next day EMC tried their best to grilled me on exchange 2003/2007/2010 for 2 hours but after the interview I felt confident I did well.
    The following morning the same EMC rep contact me again to schedule a second around technical interview which was a week later. I was interviewed by a in-house Senior EMC exchange architect. and was grilled on exchange design, deployment, troubleshoot, migrations, and best practice approach scenarios. I did well on everything expect for his exchange 5.5 migration questions. the following day once again I got a call from the EMC rep and was told I did great on both technical screening and and will do a presentation on for the final interview in front of a panel. She emailed me a scenario and told me she will contact me to schedule the final interview date. I started my proposal presentation and finish it in 3 hours. A week goes by No call back. I try to contact the emc rep for 2 weeks and also had the recruiter to contact her as well. I finally got in contact with her and was told the presentation interview are for direct hire and I applied for a contract position which only requires to technical screening. next she congratulated me and said that they are placing me on a project in NYC next week to start. the following week no calls from the EMC rep. After tracking her down same Bull crap she gave me "we have projects where placing you on one this week". After 4 weeks I am still waiting to be place on a project and now we are in July 2010.

My colleagues and peers consider me a exchange expert, and I have the track record to prove it.

If you consider yourself an expert in your field dont allow EMC to waste your time like I did!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me and explained the requirement. Had 3 phone interviews with Technology directors and in person discussions with team i was "supposed" to join in. Whole process took 2 months to complete especially because of the slow response from their side. I had to sent 10 emails and phone calls atleast to proceed to next step. Ultimately everything went fine and then the waiting begins.. No response for 1.5 weeks and ultimately recruiter called me only to say that because of "strategy changes", they are not able to forward an offer. I was sad but glad it is finally over.

Interview Questions

• Explain design patterns. How you implement it on a new project   Answer Question
    • How to get client requirements shaped to a project   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (Rockville, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Very fair and direct, but takes way too long. Be ready for the 6 weeks to drag by during interview, selection, and background checking. Very thorough, but not so good if you are currently between jobs or in a hurry - like the saying goes "it's best to look for a job while you still have a job"

Interview Questions

• do you know how to do ____________________ (mongo DB, bootstrap.js, css, UI dev, cloud foundry, vb script, you name it, can you learn a new app every week, do you GiT, etc.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had another job at the time and 12 years of experience, so I held out for more salary and lighter bonus, and if you can do the same you'll be glad you did

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC Consulting (East Brunswick, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

-A professional acquaintance from prior job worked for EMC. He forwarded my resume to the hiring manager who needed a Business Architect on a client project about to be launched
    - I had a phone screening by the Project Manager for 30 minutes (1 week after Resume submission). I was asked about my overall experience as well as specific technology experience. I got scheduled for another phone interview on next day, with Technical Architect
    - Interview with Technical architect, 45 minutes, focused on specific projects I had worked on (on same technology that they were implementing at client).
    - I had a face to face interview with the engagement lead in East Brunswick, NJ office (next week). The interview focused on situational questions
    - Next day, I had compensation and cultural fit interview with HR. I was happy with their first offer, so not much negotiation
    - After 2 weeks, I was at client site (after background checks and other formalities)

Interview Questions

• How would you win client business in competitive multi-vendor environment ?   Answer Question