ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Interviews at ESPN

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Very welcoming, on time and professionally done. Had no issues getting into the building and the time I had blocked off was appropriate. Good experience overall.

Intern Interview

Interview

Great process, really timely responses from HR/the team. The whole process was enjoyable and the interview question were interesting and forced me to think critically. I loved my experience there this summer.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

TV Account manager multiple rounds. First on the phone then in person for about 2 hours with multiple sales teams. Media background or agency experience would be beneficial to talk about if relevant

Associate Director, Consumer Insights for ESPN+ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

A month went by between application submission and initial contact. The initial phone screen was pleasant, most of it confirmed what I already knew through due diligence. The budgeted salary was $105k. Conversation went well, recruiter scheduled a call with the hiring manager during my initial call. Call with HM happened a week later, didn't go as well. Called me 15 minutes late and there was little flow to the conversation and he didn't seem into the call. The answers to my follow-up questions seemed slapdash and time-filling rather than knowledgable. By this time, the job has been posted on Glassdoor for five months (six months now at the time of this writing), so the HM has likely gone through dozens of interviews by now. I failed to notice how long this position had been on Glassdoor prior to initial call...taking six months to find someone with research and sports knowledge in NEW YORK CITY is a huge red flag. After sending three follow-up emails (they replied to one), they have since ghosted me.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online through their website. Initial phone screening with someone from HR, followed by a phone call with a hiring manager, followed by video interview with three hiring managers. Interviewers were all nice and welcoming

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The person conducting the interview did a great job of making me feel comfortable. He asked appropriate questions and was very informative about the role I would have as an intern and the office environment as well.

Statistics Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in February 2019.

Interview

Had 2 interviews before not moving on to the third round. As some one who is extremely passionate and knows a lot about sports, I thought this was the perfect opening. I did well in the first interview and ok in the second. The second interview didn't seem to attempt to understand if I could do the job. I know I had the necessary skills and expertise, but they seemed too hung up on my past work experience for an ENTRY Level job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you acted as a leader?
      Describe a time you took initiative?   Answer Question

Creative Role Interview

Interview

Wow. Long drawn out process. Multiple phone calls, for different roles that had evolved over the time frame. Eventually they flew me out to Bristol for an in person meeting with an EP and staff. I appreciate that they paid for that pricey trip ( which wasn't planned out well to be honest...cancellations involved) . The interview wasn't anything crazily difficult, mostly about background experience, but the toughest question might have been how could you fit in with our specific team culturally wise. I do not appreciate the lack of response after the meeting, basically I was ghosted after sending my thank you letter. No updates, no responses.

Interview Questions

• typical background , tried to fit in a few prior experiences on how it would relate, as i did have a prior sports bg.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in January 2019.

Interview

The sequence of interviewing was as follows: phone interview, video interview, and in-person interview day in Bristol Connecticut. The in-person interview day included two 40-minute interviews, a studio tour, and a group video assessment.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with being assigned a sport you are unfamiliar with?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a phone interview, video interview, and I was able to make it to the final interview. The phone interview was introductions and background. The video interview was a video exercise and an interview about your sports knowledge. The final interviews were about tell me about a time.... questions.