Cover image for ESPN

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 309 of over 309 interviews

Employee Referral17%
Recruiter10%
HardAverageEasy

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

No initial recruiter/HR interview - the first was via Skype with the "hiring committee" (with 3-4 people) you'd be working with/for. Interviewers were very friendly and asked professional and thoughtful questions.

Interview Questions
  • Your Experience Why you want to work at ESPN? What excites you most about the role? What would you recommend ESPN does better.
    Answer Question

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

3 separate interviews: an introductory phone call that lasts around fifteen minutes, a zoom call with only one other person to gauge your basic understanding of sports that lasts around forty minutes, and a zoom call panel with managers of the program.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict with another team member?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about ESPN

Join the conversation on

Fantasy Football

1m

a

Senior Associate

In a league with a 2-week championship for weeks 17 and 18 (idk why we included week 18 but that’s the way it is). He had 2 players last night and I had one. He wants to use ESPN projections to finish out the game. I think everyone should end as what they ended if the game is not replayed or 0 if it doesn’t count as a game at all. I don’t think it will be replayed. Personally I think using projections is stupid but want to see if anyone else has any ideas.

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about ESPN? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with ESPN employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

ESPN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

good i liked the process but they asked questions i felt i did not respond to correctly i like to think that i but i can i say less i can just yet do it rest

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

Very exciting and fun interview process to go through. Went over what I was going to be doing and how the event would go. Also how the pay and sequence of events would be.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

The process was a fairly basic one. There were two different stages to the interview process where I met with HR and then a full team of people. That would sum it up in about 30 words.

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

Straight forward, asking some sports questions and why you fit the role. They give you scenarios on what way would you cut a highlight base on game circumstances. Didn't go in person, process took almost one month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ESPN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

Phone interview, virtual interview, in person interview then hired 3 weeks later. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming during the whole process. Flying out to ESPN and seeing the campus was really cool.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ESPN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied within the Walt Disney Company portal after being sent this job by a recruiter. My interviewer also told me to reach out to the VP of her department and talk with her. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions with the recruiter were traditional interview style questions— how comfortable are you with word, excel, powerpoint, etc. The questions with the hiring manager were more industry based— tell me about trends you've noticed in media over the last ten years, how do you feel about Netflix cracking down on password sharing, what experience do you have with negotiating contracts, etc.

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

Apply, phone screening, one interview with a few team members, and then a job offer. It was a long process due to uncertainty with COVID, but well worth the wait

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ESPN

Application

I interviewed at ESPN

Interview

Very easy and great insight on what the job consists of. Be ready to talk about how previous experiences prepared you for the role. What skills do you pose that prepare you for the role? Also have a story on how you handled a work place conflict.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 309 Interviews

ESPN Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ESPN as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.97 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Production Assistant and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Production and Director roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ESPN takes an average of 37 days when considering 316 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Production Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 33 days), whereas Production roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 54 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ESPN according to 316 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.34%