ESPN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

Legal Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

Phone interview with a screener a couple weeks after applying. Then one follow up interview at the office. Smooth and transparent process and friendly people. Heard back not long after second in person interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and told me I would hear back either way, but I unfortunately never heard anything. I looked online a few weeks later and saw that the position was still open so i'm assuming I just didn't get it.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty generic questions about experience in production. Asked questions related to the resume and cover letter applied. Very kind and personable and felt like a regular conversation. Not very informative about your application process, can only view through the dashboard, which is very vague and not often updated. Frustrating when trying to figure what If scenarios for living and schooling situations.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 top sports stories recently?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite ESPN program? And why?   1 Answer
    • What is your production experience?   Answer Question
    • Would you be comfortable relocating for this position? Can you provide your own transportation?   Answer Question

PT Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First, HR reached out to me via email to schedule an interview. I scheduled the email with the HR rep and she never called me at the scheduled time so then I gave her a call. She scheduled another interview for the next day and still failed to call.

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Generally go through your resume about every project and experience. Then, they just give you an very easy technical coding question. Finally, they talk about the possible team situation and future work information.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the depth of binary tree?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Was set up with a recruiter put through a recruiter screening and then told I was going to have a call with senior software engineer to talk about my projects. When I got the phone call it actually was a technical interview which I wasn't expecting and felt unprepared for. If I had known it wasn't going to just be talking about my work I would have studied for the interview but it seems like they try to throw you off on purpose

Interview Questions

• What does a static{ } method do in a class? (Just static, nothing else no name or anything)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all a phone call interview with HR, then a phone call interview with the team of Engineers (expect some technical questions). Finally onsite 3-4 interviews with the team (Mostly technical). The process was very simple and the person from HR was really helpful and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions. keep your concepts clear and some questions from your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

There is one phone interview that lasts around 30 minutes. The questions they ask revolve around your leadership experience. Once you finish your interview you should hear back from the hiring manager within a week or two. In my experience I heard back from the manager within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What is going on in the sports world today?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone screenings and a face to face interview. They were very positive and upbeat about their department. If you match their excitement you should be okay. They are looking for what kind of equipment and programs you know how to use for the most part.

Production Assistant CAP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT).

Interview

It was an interesting two-day interview process, I drove since I was close but will provide hotel and flights for interview candidates. The two days consist of a variety of situational tests, some sports knowledge and one on one interviews with various types of staff members.