Exelis Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Exelis

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 118 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Exelis (Alameda, CA) in Jul 2020

Interview

Upper management did not provide an honest assessment of the culture. I asked about their IT support, and they responded great. I found that not to be the case as I was provided two defective laptops and was expected to perform work with hard deadlines. I believe management is walking on a fine line as they can not keep up expectations due to systems and processes not optimized. They do not mention this in interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How good are you at prioritising work.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Exelis (United States)

Interview

I was contacted to do a phone interview where I was on a speaker in a conference room. Two Engineers, and two managers conducted the interview. I then came in for an onsite interview afterwards. After the onsite interview I was contacted and told that I did not get the job at the time but that I was would be considered for another position. I was presented with an offer for the new position and accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Code samples, knowledge of relevant infrastructure to the program.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Exelis (Canada)

Interview

Came in at location with 4 interviews about 1 hour each. Got a short tour which showed off the labs. We then went into a conference room which was the base for all interviews.

Interview Questions
  • First one was talking about the job, 2nd one was a couple of behavioral questions with a couple technical questions. Tell me your strength. Tell me your weakness. Tell me about a troubled employee.
Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in Nov 2015

Interview

Interview was conducted in room with one on one interactions with various subject matter experts. Each interviewer spent approximately one hour of time with me and were very personable and nice.

Interview Questions
Exelis
Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Exelis (Roanoke, VA)

Interview

was interviewed at one time by 10 supervisors, with each having their own questions. they were very professional, and took notes of the answers. they did ask personal questions about home life. discussed the working hours and would overtime be a problem. they ask about transportation and dependability because i have children. have to be able to obtain a security clearance, so there are background including financial history.

Interview Questions
  • why i wanted to work there, personal questions for security clearance, dependability,experience,ability of hours to work and ift.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Exelis (United States)

Interview

One telephone interview, followed by an on-site interview. You'd talk to at least 4-5 people from the hiring team. Overall, the interview experience was good. But be prepared to answer detailed technical questions and explain your past experience.

Interview Questions
  • Based on what team you join. But in general, they'll ask you on C and C++.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Exelis (United States)

Interview

Two phone interviews: one with an HR rep as a prescreen before having a call with the person who is now my supervisor and then an onsite interview with my supervisor and two employees who I would be working closely with. The two calls were just personality getting to know each other type deal. The onsite interview was more about my skills, what I know, and how I can adapt and fit in with the company and team.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my technical abilities as well as my ability to do things like modeling and documentation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in Jun 2015

Interview

Very slow. Initial contact was made about two weeks after applying, and then spent nearly two weeks scheduling a phone screen with a recruiter. Conversation went well, but no response after following up. Suddenly was contacted again by a second recruiter two weeks later, screened a second time, and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the following day. Conversation went well, and two weeks later was invited on site. Interview was a rather brief panel discussion with five interviewers (90 mins)--hectic, but seemed to go alright. Was told that there were other interviewing candidates, but should expect an answer "soon." After nearly a month of unresponded follow up messages, recruiter said a decision had not yet been made. The following week the job was reposted.

Interview Questions
Exelis
Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Exelis (Monrovia, CA) in May 2015

Interview

Phone interview with one person and an on site interview with two people. The whole thing was delayed and delayed and then finally the company did the entire process in about a week. The plane flight and interviews were always scheduled last minute (aka we need yo to fly down tomorrow) and was kind of silly as after driving and flying to the interview I spent less than an hour talking to the people. I was then just told they would get back to me soon, but my flight out did not leave for almost another 12 hours leaving me nothing to do and with no real understanding of the company.

Interview Questions
Exelis
Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY)

Interview

After speaking with representatives at my university career fair I applied for a few positions online. After about a month I received a pre-screening phone call and had a conversation with an HR representative to set up the next interview. The phone interview was with 2 senior engineers, the questions that they asked were mostly behavioral. A few days later I received another email, so I could schedule an on-site visit. The on-site visit consisted of a tour the facility that I would be working at and a group behavioral interview. The interview was very similar to the one that I had on the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Basic behavioral questions including: where do you see yourself 5 years, why Exelis, what makes you the best candidate, etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 118