Exelis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exelis Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.5

S/W Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted to do a phone interview where I was on a speaker in a conference room. Two Engineers, and two managers conducted the interview. I then came in for an onsite interview afterwards.

After the onsite interview I was contacted and told that I did not get the job at the time but that I was would be considered for another position. I was presented with an offer for the new position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Code samples, knowledge of relevant infrastructure to the program.   Answer Question

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

was interviewed at one time by 10 supervisors, with each having their own questions. they were very professional, and took notes of the answers. they did ask personal questions about home life. discussed the working hours and would overtime be a problem. they ask about transportation and dependability because i have children. have to be able to obtain a security clearance, so there are background including financial history.

Interview Questions

• why i wanted to work there, personal questions for security clearance, dependability,experience,ability of hours to work and ift.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

One telephone interview, followed by an on-site interview. You'd talk to at least 4-5 people from the hiring team. Overall, the interview experience was good. But be prepared to answer detailed technical questions and explain your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Based on what team you join. But in general, they'll ask you on C and C++.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

Two phone interviews: one with an HR rep as a prescreen before having a call with the person who is now my supervisor and then an onsite interview with my supervisor and two employees who I would be working closely with. The two calls were just personality getting to know each other type deal. The onsite interview was more about my skills, what I know, and how I can adapt and fit in with the company and team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my technical abilities as well as my ability to do things like modeling and documentation   Answer Question

Design Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very slow. Initial contact was made about two weeks after applying, and then spent nearly two weeks scheduling a phone screen with a recruiter. Conversation went well, but no response after following up. Suddenly was contacted again by a second recruiter two weeks later, screened a second time, and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the following day. Conversation went well, and two weeks later was invited on site. Interview was a rather brief panel discussion with five interviewers (90 mins)--hectic, but seemed to go alright. Was told that there were other interviewing candidates, but should expect an answer "soon." After nearly a month of unresponded follow up messages, recruiter said a decision had not yet been made. The following week the job was reposted.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Monrovia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with one person and an on site interview with two people.

The whole thing was delayed and delayed and then finally the company did the entire process in about a week. The plane flight and interviews were always scheduled last minute (aka we need yo to fly down tomorrow) and was kind of silly as after driving and flying to the interview I spent less than an hour talking to the people. I was then just told they would get back to me soon, but my flight out did not leave for almost another 12 hours leaving me nothing to do and with no real understanding of the company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY).

Interview

After speaking with representatives at my university career fair I applied for a few positions online. After about a month I received a pre-screening phone call and had a conversation with an HR representative to set up the next interview.

The phone interview was with 2 senior engineers, the questions that they asked were mostly behavioral. A few days later I received another email, so I could schedule an on-site visit.

The on-site visit consisted of a tour the facility that I would be working at and a group behavioral interview. The interview was very similar to the one that I had on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions including: where do you see yourself 5 years, why Exelis, what makes you the best candidate, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Greenbelt, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone call (after speaking with representatives at a university career fair). After being told to look at a specific position, an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week.

The on-site interview was really great. First, I met with one of the project leads who was looking to hire for the position and got an in-depth look at the project (though not so much what I would be doing). Then I met with the employee who I met at the career fair for a behavioral "interview" that was a very informal, relaxed discussion of my professional outlook and experience. Then I met with an HR rep. Very informal but got a good picture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Be able to talk about your vision for your work life, be fluent with behavioral questions (i.e. look online for a list and have someone else ask you them...actually go through your answers out loud)   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exelis (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Very casual and laid back interview, they just asked about points you list on your resume, so be sure to be familiar with your resume. They are proud to take you on a tour of the facility and try to gauge your interest for different roles during the tour. After going over your resume, they ask the usual questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had difficulty with a teammate or coworker?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months to hear back once I had submitted my resume and cover letter. Was contacted via e-mail with some questions about my experience and whether or not I was still interested in the position. Was called a day after my e-mail response for a short, 30 minute phone pre-screen. An in-person interview was scheduled for a few days later. Interviewed with two senior personnel, questions were more about my experiences and a few light behavioral-type questions. This portion of the interview lasted an hour, and included a brief tour of the facilities. The second portion of the interview was with HR, and consisted of some more experience questions and a couple behavioral questions. The whole interview process made it seem like they were interested in hiring me from the first time they contacted me.