ExxonMobil Entry Level Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ExxonMobil Entry Level Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Originally was reached out to by an on-campus recruiter for application interest. I followed up my application at a career fair which transitioned into a 45-minute 1-on-1 interview with an on-campus recruiter. The next round was with a 45-minute phone interview with an entry-level hiring manager. For the final round of interviews, I was flown to Houston for a day consisting of a campus tour and three interviews.

All interviews were fairly behavioral with limited technical application. Questions were left fairly open ended in which technical/leadership experience could be drawn upon for each answer, but in no way only had a single correct answer.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a time you took a leadership position in a team setting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to ExxonMobil at campus career fair. They called me that day to set up an interview on campus for the day after. I was informed secondary interviews would take place at one of the plants.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone on your team to accept your opinion on an issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted around 35-40 minutes. The interviewer started talking about everything they've done with ExxonMobil and then started asking the questions. Almost all of them were behavioral so be ready to talk about many of you experiences. Also, have some questions to ask at the end so do your research.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to convince a group of people to do something? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

nterview Details – applied at their website, have a campuse interview, waiting for their feedback

Interview Question – all was usual STAR questions...

Have multiple examples in mind for each of the above. Internet research will provide loads of behavior based interview example questions. Try to mention safety. Focus on your contribution. Use the situation, issues, action model.