FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

FInancial Institutional Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

I got a phone call invitation 2 weeks prior to the CEP hiring event. The FDIC paid for my flight, as well as lodging at their facility and I was reimbursed for cost of the meals incurred during my travel. It was a 3 day event, consisting of a day of orientation and informational sessions about the agency and program, day of assessments and a structured interview, and by the last day you find out whether you received an offer or not

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sign a disclosure agreement and I'm not allowed to share any questions or specifics of the interview and assessments.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Flew to DC to speak with lead team. Sat at round table with 3 of their legal team leaders and they asked about 15 standard questions that are the typical bureaucratic style questions. They wouldn't really engage in questions after or elaborate on the questions they we're asking which we're very mechanical and strict.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you we're given responsibility for something and you failed   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Structured. One of my more difficult interviews because of the nature of the process. They ask between 3-5 questions. They did not veer from the questions. Hard to read th interview panel and the session was not very interactive. Could not get a good read on culture and environment and body language was difficult to read.

45-min to 1 hr session. You should tie in your answers to what is on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Ability to build relationships across multiple organizations.   Answer Question

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

You will be interviewed in one of Regional offices. The interviewer wants to ascertain if you have the temperment for constant travel. Also they need to determine if you are able to work well with others as you will work in a group environment. Oftentimes the team examining a bank may have to work in one or two rooms together, depending on the size of the bank. You must be comfortable interacting with bank personnel.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this position? What are your feelings about travel?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (El Paso, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fairly quick and easy. It was all on the phone. There was only one interview with a panel of commissioned examiners. It was a relatively easy and pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

There were only four personality-based questions. The interviewers asked the question twice, and then allowed me to respond. The questions were kind of redundant, so be careful not to say everything you planned to say in your first answer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

This was a panel interview, so three people in the room. They informed me of their background, why they joined the FDIC, and their job duties. This is was an informational interview. The manager then gave me a tour of the floor and introduced me to some of the other managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

The interview was a really good experience. I felt nervous afterwards but when I was called in I realized that everything was good. The interview questions are not very difficult but you should put thought into them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone and how did it go?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Panel Interview: They asked me four questions about initiative, organizational skills, group cohesiveness, etc. They would ask me the question and then take notes on a rubric based on each question. It feels a lot like playing poker because everyone was deadpan and not giving any reaction to my answers. After the four questions I was allowed to ask them my own questions and things became much more relational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team? What was the team's purpose? What were you contributions? What was the outcome? Be specific.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

WARNING!! FDIC absolutely does not care about how it treats people!! I was approved, fingerprinted, given a start date. Then, AFTER I gave notice to my current employer that I was leaving, FDIC changed it's mind and said they would not backfill the position!! I had to go crawling back to my current job and fortunately, they took me back. I had not even left my job or started at FDIC yet, I gave notice then three days later FDIC said "whoops sorry take a hike, chump!"

Interview Questions

• Previous audit experience, certifications.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Was called in for a structured interview. Interview was made of a panel of individuals in the business area. Was given a series of questions to answer. No discussions were allowed. The interviewers were only allowed to repeat the question