FDIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

There were only four personality-based questions. The interviewers asked the question twice, and then allowed me to respond. The questions were kind of redundant, so be careful not to say everything you planned to say in your first answer.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

Was called in for a structured interview. Interview was made of a panel of individuals in the business area. Was given a series of questions to answer. No discussions were allowed. The interviewers were only allowed to repeat the question

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First I had an informational interview at a career fair. Then there was an application process on usajobs.com. Then a phone interview. The phone interview is a very structured and awkward process. They cannot ask follow up questions so you must elaborate extensively.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team. What were some challenges you faced?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

This was a panel interview, so three people in the room. They informed me of their background, why they joined the FDIC, and their job duties. This is was an informational interview. The manager then gave me a tour of the floor and introduced me to some of the other managers.

Economist (Pathways) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FDIC (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

A structured interview with 3 behavioral questions. Fairly standard as far as government interviews go. If you want to stand out, make sure the bring questions. The interviewers aren't allowed to deviate from the script while asking you questions, but if you ask them something, then the conversation can be much more conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked on a project for school or work, how did it go and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for the FDIC and what do you see as being your role here?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group situation   Answer Question

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed the application via USAjobs.gov and received a phone call inviting me to attend the applicant assessment event that was scheduled about 2 weeks out. The event was very well planned and executed. The activities followed the schedule that was emailed in advance of the event, so you will know what to expect. You could tell the FDIC wanted to impress the applicants and convey how special the agency is, in general and especially for a government agency. There will be a lot of FDIC staff present. I suggest that you chat with them when you get the chance to gain a great deal of insight into the agency and the position. There will be several staff there who went through the CEP program.
    Once the event officially begins, you don't get much down time, so you have to be "on" all the time. I found that to be the most difficult part. I'm not suggesting that you should be phony, but this is an interview event. Be yourself but be professional. You'll be assigned to a group once you check in and this will be your group for the duration of the event. You go from activity to activity together and even eat meals as a group. If you want to see DC, your only opportunity will be the day you arrive, before the event officially starts, and on the second day after the interviews have been completed. There is a reception and dinner the first night where you will have the chance to network with the people who will be on your business analysis and interview panels. Make use of that opportunity and seek them out!
    The actual assessments aren't very difficult at all and in truth, I don't think you can really prepare in advance for them. The information/knowledge you need is VERY basic. It's just managing the time constraints and doing your best with what you're given. Listen to what the staff tells you to help you prepare. You will have plenty of chances to ask them questions and they encourage it. They were constantly asking if we had questions about what was coming up. Their advice is spot on. They want everyone to be as successful as they can be. And no, they will not tell you anything specific regarding the actual assessments. And yes, we asked many times :)
    The interview questions weren't difficult. They just have multiple parts. Be sure to answer all the parts. Ask them to repeat the question and write the parts down. This is the same advice your recruiters will tell you. LISTEN TO YOUR RECRUITERS!!!! The questions are behavior based. Use STAR, CAR, or whatever other acronym your university's career center uses to formulate your answers.
    All in all it was a great event. The food was fantastic! All of the staff I met were very nice and willing to talk to us even if they were assigned to different groups or regions and seemed to enjoy talking to us. Be yourself. Show that you are someone who works well on a team, can communicate well, and are pleasant to be around.

Interview Questions

• As part of the process, you agree to not share specifics. The questions are standard behavior based interview questions. There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Financial Institution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Read the interview report from June 9th- it's spot on. Relax, be yourself, and trust that your recruiters are on your side. Don't pass up the networking opportunities, and try not to let the down time add to your stress level (somewhat impossible).

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult, it's how you respond to them that really matters. Non-disclosure of assessments and process prevents further elaboration.   Answer Question

Financial Instituion Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC.

Interview

3-day interview in Washington, DC. There was a writing assignment, accounting test, and two separate panel interviews. They ask you questions about your prior experience and how you responded to certain situations.

Financial Management Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDIC (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The FDIC will have you arrange a phone interview time a few weeks in advance. The day of your interview you will call in and be placed on a call with 2+ FDIC Employees. They will ask you some behavioral questions and will not respond to your answers. Following that you will wait for a few weeks to see if you have an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a team, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Examiner - New York Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FDIC (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

From the time you apply for a position and to the time when you hear back from the HR (assuming you passed the first screening process and your application got referred to the hiring individual), expect about 3 to 6 months to pass. Once you're over that hurdle, next comes the interview and if you pass the interview, which is pretty easy, then wait another 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the FDIC?
      Questions mostly based on job background.   1 Answer