FICO Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FICO Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at FICO

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

one phone call followed by onsite technical round and finally onsite meeting the vp of engineering.questions were based on your experience, I was more into cloud and java so questions were related to that

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FICO

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

This is a contracting position and people from Infosys interviewed me. No one from the client interviewed me. The interview went for about 60-90 minutes and they asked questions on Core Java, Hibernate, Spring, JSP, MVC, AOP, Database queries, Database concepts. The interview was done by two people who are working for Infosys in India. They didn’t mention their positions.

Interview Questions

• What is Dependency Injection and how did you use it in your past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a job board. About a month after submitting my application I received an email asking to answer and submit a questionnaire regarding my experience and the job in question. Some time after that I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I received an on site interview about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, OOP concepts, explain previous work and experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Rafael, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, each with different teams, and the teams that liked me got involved in the on-site. My on-site consisted of 3 interviewers (only 1 team followed up with me, so I don't know how this would vary for people who match up with more), which really focused on my past experience and projects. There were a few technical questions, but they were really simple.

Interview Questions

• Situations where deadlock could occur.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online, got a call for interview within 2 weeks, had a phone screening initially then 2 more interviews on phone. No onsite.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I applied online on Linkedin for this position and after 2-3 days one of their recruiters called me. We scheduled the first phone interview. It went well and about one week after the phone interview I got an email from them asking me to appear for f2f interview at San Jose office.

Interview Questions

• What did you like in the job description that made you apply?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and simple. Interview time and location were communicated through email. The interview itself lasted 120 minutes. Every 40 minutes new interviewers would come in and ask different questions. The interviewer really dug into my resume to make sure I had the necessary skills for the job.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FICO in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews total: one phone interview followed by two Skype interviews. The first phone interview was a basic screening that was both behavioral and technical. Exactly one week later, I had two Skype interviews on the same day, and they were both entirely technical. Third interview had a fun question tailored according to what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming?
      Explain polymorphism.
      Explain inheritance. Does Java support multiple inheritance?
      Assume someone has problems loading images on a page. How would you go about troubleshooting?
      Walk through an algorithm for creating a major scale (in music) given a starting note.
      Describe an independent side project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FICO (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I initially had a phone interview followed by two on campus interviews(which happened on the same day). The phone interviewer asked em about my programming experience, along with some questions related to object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about data Structures and array, and more complex questions that followed, regarding array manipulation and time complexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rajpura, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FICO (Rajpura, Punjab (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

First round was mcq round having java and aptitude questions.
    Second round was technical interviews and questions they asked were easy.
    Then final round was HR interview.
    Interview was for 3 profiles and in hr interview they asked about profiles