Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward! Very nice interviewers and very professional HR. Probably one of the few companies that give you a response after your interview and you application status will be updated via email whether your resume is being reviewed by a recruiter or a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How does Fannie Mae make money?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The interview process was largely seamless, but in the end seemed to depend on something that was readily discernible from my resume, which made the entire lengthy process moot. In my second interview with the same interviewer, after interviewing with five other people, I was asked why I had changed jobs so often. My interview took place during the Covid-19 pandemic and it had been widely reported in the press that my current company had furloughed upwards of 80% of its staff.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview process was drawn out over two months with 4 interviews. Some interviewers were friendly and helpful others were stern and disorganized. Ultimately ghosted by hiring manager despite follow up calls and emails. This is the third interview process that I have had several interview in with Fannie Mae in which a hiring manager has ghosted me , not sure if it is company policy to not respond or just bad luck.

Interview Questions

• Explain how will the market recover (or not ) post coronavirus?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Very straight forward went over the job role and duties. Asked questions about my resume and how my prior roles/duties with forget companies prepared or related to what this job would require me to do.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2020.

Interview

First Interview was on campus; experiential and behavioral questions (a very basic technical question might be asked in relation to your past internships); second interview at Fannie Mae HQ; speed dating style (30 min overview of company, 3 interviews: 30 mins each = 2 hours); almost completely behavioral with a few brain teaser questions tossed in.

Associate Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

behavioral on-campus interview with a simple case question then received an invitation for the super day at Fannie Mae with 3 rounds of interviews - 2 case and 1 where I had to discuss a work sample I submitted

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

1 behavioral interview on school campus eventually followed by 3 30-minute interviews in a speed-dating format discussing technical and communicative skills, and interests at their worksite. Transportation and hotel was paid for

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview was fairly intense involving speaking with four different managers / seniors / directors. Highly competitive process because it is a company with great work-life balance and located in a great part of DC.

Securities Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview with the team, then one with the manager. All occurred on the same day. At the end of the day, I received a phone call with an offer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to MBS experience and knowledge of securities processing   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in January 2020.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. It was a WebEx interview, with mostly behavioral interview questions. Asked some basic questions about the industry, such as what my knowledge was about Fannie Mae.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial screening call with Recruiter. This then led in to a half day of interviewers with the Head of TA and two key stakeholders, one from the HC organization and another from the business. There was an additional phone call with the Hiring Manager to go through any concerns that had been raised, and then moved to offer.