Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Two twenty minutes interview. One of which focused on my portfolio and projects, and the other on who I am, my interests, and what I am looking for in the internship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

One on campus Interview and one final interview. On campus interview is one one one, final interview is with three different people about 15 minutes each. Behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Does Java have pointers?
      Does Java support multiple inheritance?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone screening followed by a panel interview. I was interviewed by 6 hiring managers that are all from India. Slim chance of getting a job here unless you are from India or underpaid H1B worker.

Interview Questions

• General technical question and asked to write outer join SQL   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Brief on-campus interview followed by a company day with 3 interviews. All interviewers were very friendly. It was intimidating at first, but once I felt comfortable it was very natural.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some questions asking for more specific experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I dropped my resume at a college career fair and was contacted for an campus interview. I received no information about what type of interview it was going to be and was not reached out to be a recruiter. I went into the interview blind. It was a 30 minute chat with an employee who asked only one or two behavioral questions. The rest was just conversation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Online application, most everything was done by email or link to a site. Felt impersonal.

Standard behavioral questions, panel interviews and then interview with hiring manager. It was very formulaic, everyone had their set of interview questions. Not much time to really get to know the people you were being interviewed by. Very process oriented. People on the panel didn't really explain how they were connected to this business unit so it felt somewhat bifurcated.

Interviews should be a two-way street where the candidate has an opportunity to learn more about the company, job and culture. Recommend to make the process more personal and also allow candidate time to ask more questions and flexibility to go off of the script.

Interview Questions

• Search online for behavioral interview questions and you will be prepared.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

Easy. Overall dumb experience.
    Interviewers usually get standard Java questions from internet.
    They tend to show off, and stress more on a topic that you did not answer... gosh they forget google is universal and not applicable only to Fannie Mae interviewers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were really friendly. It was an on campus interview and they asked really basic behavioral and some questions for the first round. They still havent reached out to tell me if i got the job or not and it has been about a week. They seemed eager to hire as well.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2017.

Interview

A half hour one-on-one interview. It became clear the job was essentially coding when the interview kept asking me about projects I've coded or databases I've created. Lost my interest after that

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your coding experience/projects you've coded with R/SAS/Etc   Answer Question

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Got an offer for an interview within a couple of days. Fairly straight-forward interview. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Focused mainly on the technical skills necessary for the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Fannie Mae and how do your skills fit with the role?   Answer Question