Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Strategic Planning Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

First round- typical phone screen. Second round- in person interview with hiring manager and two team members. Interview with hiring manager was "case study". Other interviews were behavioral questions/dialogue. All interviews were at FM headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Pretty casual interview. I got the interview by applying through my college's website.The recruiter asked me about my previous experiences on my resume and two whiteboard questions that weren't so bad either.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by HR and then interview by the hiring manager. The interview process was extremely organized and efficient. The HR contact was very friendly and thorough.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Pasadena, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

uploaded resume and filled out application for Fannie Mae, this was a basic interview....I am a business owner and have been in this industry for 25 plus years this was both of us interviewing each other....not sure I want to give up my company and not sure they pay enough...the only reason I agreed to the interview is I like to keep my finger on the pulse and see what is available to me and what is available in the work place market. I keep up on trends and keep myself educated on the current programs and market.

Interview Questions

• Why work for them and am I willing to give up my company   Answer Question

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had a brief phone call with a recruiter. She immediately sent me an email detailing interviewer's contact location. Had me fill out a application with all my employment information. Day of the interview, I was in business wear, FNMA is business casual but you would think that the person interviewing would dress more professionaly, at least on the day she interviews. Had the interview in her office, she was looking at her computer throughout. Not sure if that's where the questions were. Told me about the requirements for the job, had a few basic questions for me, nothing difficult. She told me she had 4/5 contractors working and needed to hire same number as permanent hires. All in all a very casual interview. I thought it went very well. Rumor in the industry is they tend to hire their contractors but interview others so it's on paper. Very frustrating to get a random email and very frustrating to feel used to fill their quota of random interviews. No phone call and no explanation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

One Interview, was just a phone call on an application called WebEx. The questions asked were mostly behavioral. The entire call took about thirty minutes to 45 minutes long. It was fairly standard behavioral questions, no technicals were asked about coding.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Process began with a recruiter who called me and told me about the position. Job description only matched about 50% of the work she told me the position would be doing. Still what she described was good enough and she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. Spoke with the hiring manager in a 20 minute phone interview in which she described the position and department in more detail. Things went well and we scheduled an on site interview two weeks later when she would be in town.

On site interview consisted of a meeting with the hiring manager and two Credit Risk analysts who have been working there for a couple of years. All were very kind and gave me examples of what a day-to-day life is like working in the position as well as information of the work-life balance. Following this hour interview I was informed that there would be a final interview for successful candidates who were chosen.

Was fortunate enough to be chosen for a final round interview which consisted of a panel interview with a VP and two Directors. This interview was quite more intense and serious than the prior interviews but I can guess that is only to be expected when meeting with higher ups. Interview was about 45 minutes long. Was told on my way out a decision would be made within two weeks and they would contact me. I followed up two weeks later only to find out they changed some of the roles of the position and were looking for someone with quite a bit more experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had to go against the norm or take initiative?   Answer Question
    • Why would your current skill set make you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Mortgage Fraud Investigator and Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I am quite perplexed? I applied for two different Mortgage Fraud jobs over 2 months ago. I have the CFE( Certified Fraud Examiner) credentials, have identified and investigated complex Mortgage Fraud schemes for over 10 years and I cant get a word out of FNMA?

Interview Questions

• I asked if there are any updates or when and if a decision will be made and the same H/R person keeps telling me he will get back with me and never does . This has happened 4 times in 2 months   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in October 2016.

Interview

The entire process took 10 days. The employer was pretty quick in response. Two rounds of interview- telephonic and in- person. Interviewers made really comfortable and very professional. The interview went for an hour. Each one of them in the interview panel focused on separate category.
    Had technical and behavioral questions.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Three different rounds (behavioral, education, and case studies.) Rotated around three different tables to satisfy the three. A mix of basic interview questions and some theoretical concepts. Gave the interviewee a chance to meet three different people doing what they would be doing if hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you appraise a property if you can't survey it?   Answer Question