Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I applied on ziprecruiter and a third party hiring company reached out to me. I had 4 interviews with the 3rd party company, an interview with the department director, and 2 more interviews with team managers.

Throughout the process everybody was extremely kind. The process was easy and enjoyable.

The first four interviews were about my experience and aspirations in the field. Most of the questions were your basic 'describe a time where you were innovative', 'what are you looking for in a job', etc. type questions. The interview with the director consisted of me getting a lot of information about the team/program. Most of the questions were based around seeing if my goals/experience aligns with the team's needs. I was able to ask the director a lot of questions and she was extremely kind and courteous throughout the interview/the process as a whole.
    The 2nd to last interview was a job-specific interview with a lot of technical questions pertaining to the every day activities I'd be doing.
    The last interview was an application security interview that focused on my ability to adapt/learn and my general application development/security knowledge (very few/easy development questions). The technical interviews did not seem difficult, however, I was told by the interviewers that other candidates had been stumped by a lot of the questions so make sure to stay on your toes!

After that I got a verbal offer, followed by a written offer letter. I had to take a background check/drug test (5-panel urine) which took around 2-3 weeks to fully process.
    Once I passed those I was sent an email describing new-employee orientation and I got started!

Interview Questions

• Depends on which point in the process you're at   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

regular process,
    phone interview
    and then on-site interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I took an underwriting test and passed it. There was no interview with anyone they simply decided that I had half the couch and new and I was doing as a professional underwriter.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The interview process was completely done via the phone. I had a phone call with the hiring manager and then a phone call with one of the team members. The interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• To explain some of my experiences that match the job requirements.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, interview with team members and hiring manager, final interview with directors and VPs. Recruiter validates skill sit against what the hiring manager is looking for, generic job descriptions are posted and not always representative of the actual role. Team members were nice and looking forward to having someone new join and the conversation was casual. Directors and VPs had interest in making sure you were a good fit and would likely want to stay in the department.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Addison, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I was hired as full time employee at Fannie Mae after getting my foot in the door as a contractor, several years ago. As a contractor, my first interview was via phone with two individuals on a conference call. I recall it being quite lengthy. After I passed that step, these same individuals had me interview with them in person; I interviewed with both simultaneously. Fannie Mae made their decision to hire me very quickly. From phone interview to hire, it was only two days. (Registering with contracting agency initially, providing required paperwork, added time to process.)

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately, I do not recall most difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was contractor, my salary was discussed up front via my agency, per their contract with Fannie Mae.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Vice President of the company's division I was being considered considered for. The interview process was simple, and didn't necessarily describe the job in detail.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff... Availability, case interview and role play.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Brief on-campus interview followed by a company day with 3 interviews. All interviewers were very friendly. It was intimidating at first, but once I felt comfortable it was very natural.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some questions asking for more specific experiences.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

The entire process took almost 4 months. Multiple interviews, first a phone screen with the recruiter, next a round of interviews with a panel and then a last and final interview with the Senior Director. I have to say that the entire experience was painful and lengthy. Lack of communications from the recruitment team- I mean a month can go by before they call you to let you know that you have been selected for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Interviews are mostly behavioral and focus on 'fit'. I was asked about my background, industry experience and also the most difficult and challenging assignment that I had worked on in my career so far.   Answer Question

The entire recruiting experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. It was an 'eye-opener' for me as to how slow and sloggy things can be at this company. Stay away!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They were really friendly. It was an on campus interview and they asked really basic behavioral and some questions for the first round. They still havent reached out to tell me if i got the job or not and it has been about a week. They seemed eager to hire as well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (College Park, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview through campus career center. Talked to a few employees at our career fair and kept in contact. I also applied through the campus career portal and they contacted me for an interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal and reached it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult challenge.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest failure, and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    • Write a function to find the total number of each characters in a given string.   Answer Question