Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Operations and Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, then a received an email for an on site interview. Met on site in Washington, DC with 3 different people for 30 minutes at a time.

Financial Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The process took a week. I interviewed at the Fannie Mae (Washington, DC). Process has two steps: Phone Screen and Panel interview. I interviewed with 3 economists. They were were more nervous than I were.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions like limit distribution, how to calculate premium.. etc. Questions are not hard but check some econometrics book.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called and asked a few questions about my resume. Be sure you tailor your resume to the position you are applying for. From there a 30 minute phone interview was set up with the Hiring Manager. Know the position you are applying for, a little about the company, why you want to leave your current position. Use examples of what you do on your current job that relates to the position you are applying for. The recruiter will also send you the job description prior to your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to leave your company.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult co-workers?   1 Answer

Strategy & Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in June 2017.

Interview

After the initial call with basic first interaction question they setup a case interview while video chatting with me three weeks later. The HR guy was extremely nice, but sent me a million emails before my interview. They never gave you materials to prepare for the case they were going to give you even though they said they would. The interview itself was very awkward and right off the bat I was being talked down to. The case was extremely specific and left me hurrying to get the work done. After the interview the HR guy called me back and told me he spoke to the man who interviewed me, telling him that I didn't do very well. Overall, it was uncomfortable and degrading for a company who is in conservatorship.

Interview Questions

• Detailed math questions based off of a spreadsheet.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes. Went through my projects and wanted information on the systems I had worked with. Told me a little bit about the position and skills required.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in with mortgage systems? If not, have you worked with financial systems in the past doing requirements or analysis   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

The interview process was completely done via the phone. I had a phone call with the hiring manager and then a phone call with one of the team members. The interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• To explain some of my experiences that match the job requirements.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online got a call that following Monday from a recruiter everything went great. From there I interviewed with a VP and Director over the phone from there I was scheduled an in person interview with the VP in Costa Mesa a get to know me in person very nice lady. I was then scheduled to do an in person interview with a panel of (4) managers varying with titles of: Customer Delivery, IT, Credit Analyst III. After that I was contacted by another recruiter advising me that she was replacing the previous recruiter and that I would be speaking with her going forward in the interview process, she asked me to go online fill out my info for HR Contacts, salary info etc...I was excited. The recruiter then called me again and told me they were still interviewing other applicants however, they were still very interested in my candidacy. The recruiter called me the next day to advise me that they wanted me to interview over the phone with one more Director this was a total of 9 people that I interviewed with, all to find out after that I didn't get an offer they wanted someone with strong mortgage industry experience but they did like my personality and my strong credit background.

After my experience with I would never apply again the delivery of my unfortunately we decided to pursue other applicants and the process gives me anxiety thinking about it.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted my a recruiter a month after I applied. The position I applied for was for business analyst. When the recruiter emailed me, she told me I would be interviewed for a rotational analyst program. I went into the interview expecting them to ask me questions related to analyst positions but they were all behavioral. The interview was pretty intense. 5 back to back 1 to 1 interviews.

IT Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

It was a Group/Panel interview and not very personal. I got the job, but had no idea who i was going to be working for until the I started. Other then that it was a pretty simple process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Pretty casual interview. I got the interview by applying through my college's website.The recruiter asked me about my previous experiences on my resume and two whiteboard questions that weren't so bad either.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by HR and then interview by the hiring manager. The interview process was extremely organized and efficient. The HR contact was very friendly and thorough.