Fannie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fannie Mae Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job through the Careers portal and heard back about two weeks later about an introductory interview. 30 minute phone conversation with the HR rep, typical walkthrough of resume, career goals & ideal characteristics of next job opportunity. About a week later, had a second phone interview with hiring manager. This was more of a conversation, we went back and forth about my previous work experience and how I thought I could contribute. Heard back the next day that they wanted to schedule a video interview (I was a relocation) with two other departmental managers. This took place about a week later- 30 minutes with each manager, again more of a conversation. They walked through my resume and asked what I took away from my experiences that would allow me to succeed at Fannie Mae. I was given ample time to ask questions, and I heard back that the quality and depth of the questions I asked was one of the reasons they hired me. Do your homework and ask thoughtful questions and you will be in a good spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate progress?   1 Answer
    • If chosen, what will be the most difficult part of this job for you?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a group of stakeholders who have different motives?   1 Answer

Business Analyst/Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae in April 2018.

Interview

The interview consists of three parts: finance, technology and testing. 2 people interviewed me. You should really know what Fannie Mae does, Mortgage-Backed security and mortgage loans and some finance terms.

Change Agent II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Plano, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews with a mix of behavioral and case interviews. If you are rusty with case interviews, I would recommend you utilize their case study resources to prepare. Interviews were conducted on campus and interviewers were all professional, courteous.

Process Improvement Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC).

Interview

Screening with recruiting, then videoconference with senior analyst, manager and director. Final interview with director. Followed by a verbal offer the next day, which was at the very bottom of the pay scale; wiggle room is about $60k. The background check is very long and tedious (about 10 days). Make sure you ask where they will be located in the future as they are moving a lot.

Interview Questions

• Type of Lean and Six Sigma tools you use. Experience with Agile. What’s the right amount of people for a Kaizen? Just generic lean six sigma questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (New York, NY).

Interview

I applies for the position and fifteen minutes later I got a call from the recruiter who asked me few questions about my background. Few hours later i got an email from him saying the hiring manager would like a have a face to face . My interview was scheduled for 1hr 30 mins with two interviewers 1:1. The first was hiring manager 1hr and the 2nd the project manager 30 mins. It was a Thursday and on Monday I got a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle conflict   Answer Question
    • what is the the best quality a business analyst should have . you need to provide just one and give a reason for your answer   Answer Question

Capital Markets Risk Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fannie Mae (Washington, DC) in March 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first with HR and the 2nd with one of the Senior Portfolio Managers. Then an in person interview with three of the Portfolio Managers, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about calculating the prepayment risk for a MBS?   1 Answer
    • What is the total dollar amount worth of the U.S. Mortgage industry?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Two twenty minutes interview. One of which focused on my portfolio and projects, and the other on who I am, my interests, and what I am looking for in the internship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

One on campus Interview and one final interview. On campus interview is one one one, final interview is with three different people about 15 minutes each. Behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Does Java have pointers?
      Does Java support multiple inheritance?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fannie Mae.

Interview

Phone screening followed by a panel interview. I was interviewed by 6 hiring managers that are all from India. Slim chance of getting a job here unless you are from India or underpaid H1B worker.

Interview Questions

• General technical question and asked to write outer join SQL   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Brief on-campus interview followed by a company day with 3 interviews. All interviewers were very friendly. It was intimidating at first, but once I felt comfortable it was very natural.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with some questions asking for more specific experiences.   Answer Question