Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Flint Hills Resources

3.2

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Talked about who you are what your aspirations were and what you plan to do in the future. The type of culture you would assimilate too. Where do you see yourself in five years.

Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources in September 2013.

Interview

applied online, HR calls and Tara was extremely nice and helpful. phone interview lasted about an hour. they called back one week later to schedule panel style interview. interview was two separate 2-on-1 interview panels.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you took initiative, against your supervisor's orders and your idea worked out for the best. explain how you did it.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

After about waiting 3 weeks from applying online I had a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. The HR rep I spoke with had a lot of info about the job. So ask questions.
    I received a phone call about 2 weeks later to set up and onsite interview. Make sure you have some knowledge of Koch industries and the market based management style they go by.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker had disagreement and how you handled it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 step process, I got my first interview from our campus career fair. I was contacted shortly after for on campus interviews. I went to a dinner social before the first interview. The first interview was 30 minutes. The second interview was at Koch Industries that lasted close to 2 hours with two different people.

Interview Questions

• all behavioral based related to the culture
      What was a project you worked on with a team?
      What was a time you took a leadership role?
      What was a time you failed?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Rosemount, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty great process. Went to the career fair, then set up an interview on the spot on campus for a day or two later. I got called the day after my on campus interview to come on site for the hiring event. Was a great experience as a whole.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about situational experiences you've had. They really look for people with good character and humility.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I was selected for a 30 minutes phone screen interview. After that I was asked to go to an on site visit in Wichita for lunch and several in person interviews. Interviews weren't difficult and everyone was very nice. They asked a lot of behavior questions are were mainly concerned with you being a fit for the company and not your skill set. You can tell they have a very serious internship program.

Interview Questions

• What's a big goal you were recently able to accomplish?   Answer Question

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Arthur, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Port Arthur, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

It was great they try to get your level of experience and are you a safety conscious person they also inform of daily routine and also the equipment you will be working on

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was asked to do something unsafe how would I respond   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter on a Friday, had a face-to-face interview on the following Friday. Talked to 8 people individually and got a job offer the following Wednesday. Very professional process, very well structured. Everyone made you feel comfortable and welcome. Candidates should have their stories of accomplishments prepared because they use behavioral interviews

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral questions. Tell me about the time when you disagreed with your boss.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated days off and got a day more than I asked, but did not change salary, but if was a good offer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Rosemount, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone a few weeks after applying online. I did an initial 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative from headquarters, and heard back in a few days about the face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was with three people, but not in an intimidating atmosphere. All were very straightforward and friendly, and they took me on a tour of the lab at the end of interview. I was offered the position about a week later. Overall, it was a very easy and quick process.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, only behavioral questions. No unexpected questions, all were typical.   Answer Question

Instrument Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I recieved an email from Flint Hills about 2 weeks after my application submission. Phone interview was scheduled on my own time throughout a three day window given by the interviewer. Flint Hills representative was very supportive.
    After the interview questions, the interviewer said i will recieve a call if Flint Hills wishes to proceed with a panel interview of 2:1.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you cut a corner to perform a job faster.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not get along with a fellow colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to rely on someone else to perform a task.   Answer Question