Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flint Hills Resources Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

First round was simple behavioral interview with two FHR employees
    Second round was a two day event. First day was a dinner and second day involved three back to back to back interviews with three different supervisors/engineers in the company

Interview Questions

• How have you acted in a group situation where you didn't necessarily see eye-to-eye with someone?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

Lots of situational-based questions; lots of individual meetings. Great one on one conversations that helped me understand the role. No panel interviews. Before interviewing, think through specific situations that you've been in at your employers. Time for questions at the end of each meeting.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy the least about your current position? What would you change?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I visited their booth at a career fair, then had an on campus interview. I was invited to their refinery in Minnesota for a second round interview. There were about 30-40 other candidates invited in total. There were three 30 minute interview with their engineers- questions were all pretty standard behavioral ones. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were all conversational.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

There was a round of college interviews before you were invited to the main campus. During that invitation, there was four seperate interviews. Each interviewer asked you a round of questions before you are escorted to the next interviewer. Also, it depends on if you are interviewing to be a full hire or an intern. The process ended with lunch in the cafeteria with your potential boss and other interviewees that are also applying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• They asked situational based questions...they ask the questions.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

After about waiting 3 weeks from applying online I had a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. The HR rep I spoke with had a lot of info about the job. So ask questions.
    I received a phone call about 2 weeks later to set up and onsite interview. Make sure you have some knowledge of Koch industries and the market based management style they go by.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and a coworker had disagreement and how you handled it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process wal very long and drawn out. Took a long time for an offer and a long time to finally set a start date. the position was not very well defined and there was a lot of back and forth with the job requirements

Interview Questions

• the questions were not job specific, they were more like how did you feel when....?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I had an on campus interview with normal behavioral questions. A week or two later I was called and asked for an onsite interview at their headquarters with other candidates. There was a meet and greet the night before and then a morning of interviews. At the end of the process I was asked what salary expectations. I was called a day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardest problem you had to solve? Most of the questions were normal behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources.

Interview

I was selected for a 30 minutes phone screen interview. After that I was asked to go to an on site visit in Wichita for lunch and several in person interviews. Interviews weren't difficult and everyone was very nice. They asked a lot of behavior questions are were mainly concerned with you being a fit for the company and not your skill set. You can tell they have a very serious internship program.

Interview Questions

• What's a big goal you were recently able to accomplish?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a dinner the night prior to the interview, in which I was able to get a better grasp for the company and the employees I could potentially work with. Once I got through the first round, I was invited to Wichita, KS for a final round interview. There was a dinner the night prior to the interview again, in which I got to meet more people from the company and network. I got to know the employees on a personal level and interviewed with two people I had spoken with the night before. The interview process was all behavioral, primarily focused on how you approach problems and how you handle different situations. Their current talent acquisition program is the best that I have experienced, with giving the candidates exposure to many different employees to network while also asking you important questions to see what makes you unique.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, and describe how you learned from that experience. Looking forward several years, do you see yourself heading toward management or an advanced technical role? What has been the hardest thing you have ever faced?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, due to the great offer presented.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemount, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flint Hills Resources (Rosemount, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty great process. Went to the career fair, then set up an interview on the spot on campus for a day or two later. I got called the day after my on campus interview to come on site for the hiring event. Was a great experience as a whole.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about situational experiences you've had. They really look for people with good character and humility.   Answer Question