Freddie Mac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Freddie Mac Interview Questions

Interviews at Freddie Mac

2.8

Interview

straight forward. Be personable. If you're entry level they don't expect you to know anything in detail about the business of freddie mac but that does not mean go in without any knowledge. Do your research.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very acceptable and comfortable. They worked really well with the COVID restrictions. There were three rounds of interviews. The first was a recorded interview then a live interview with the hiring manager.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

First round interview was recorded video interview with 6 questions.
    1. Could you walk through the highlights of your resume and provide some key takeaways from your experience?
    2. Please describe a specific example of a project or analysis from your professional experience. For example, what did you accomplish, how complex was the task, and how did it impact the business of your team?
    3. Pretend you are an underwriter at a bank and you have been asked to review a new loan application. What information do you want to see in that application prior to approving or denying and why?
    4. Why do you want to work at Freddie Mac? What led you to applying for this program and how would this program fit into your career plan?
    5. Can you summarize your understanding of Freddie Mac's role in the U.S. housing market?
    6. Is there anything else you wanted us to know about you, either not covered, or not on the resume? What is something unique about yourself?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2020.

Interview

I emailed the recruiters my resume and applied to the internship online. Then I received a link to an online WePow interview site, where I did a pre-recorded online interview.

Director, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Following my online job application, I received an email inviting me to a virtual zoom interview with the hiring manager. I completed the interview without any problems. The hiring manager informed me that I would receive a follow up message for additional interviews with the team members, but that never materialized. I followed up with the HR recruiter two times, inquiring on my status, but my emails were ignored. I received no response nor a status.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you solved a complex business problem.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Freddie Mac (McLean, VA) in August 2020.

Interview

One of the interviewers, a middle-aged white male, offered me unsolicited advice about my resume and career at the end of the interview. I had the same amount of experience he did and I'm betting he wouldn't have done this if I were male.

Interview Questions

• Sexist questions about my career trajectory.   1 Answer

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of interview. Good insightful conversation- no issues with that. I hear nothing for 2 weeks and then the position was cancelled. I think it is very disappointing and disrespectful that I was not told that in an email or a call seeing as they called me to interview for the position to begin with.

I don’t expect to get every position that I interview for, but would have appreciated some courtesy in letting me know that in fact they were going to cancel the position.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Freddie Mac in July 2020.

Interview

Hired through WayUp, got contacted with a recruiter, she was extremely nice. Went through two interviews. One was a video recording online. The second was an interview with a hiring manager

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview

Phone interview 30 mins, then in person interview with 3 managers, basic resume + few theoretical questions, and then another 2 person interview with the senior leads. it was pretty basic, just know your resume word for word and be able to talk on them.

Interview Questions

• how many tennis balls can fit into a mini cooper?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2020.

Interview

There were two interviews: one with the team I would have been working with and one with the VP of marketing and VP of public relations. I was initially contacted for the position by a recruiter who set up both interviews.

Interview Questions

• With all of your past experience, do you think you'll get bored at this position?   Answer Question