G4S Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G4S Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

1.9

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Simple and personal. It's a one on one interview with one of the office recruiters. Very laid back. Just be honest with your answers. They are understanding and kind.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

Very nice, Not really an interview. Once I got there I was basically offered the position. The position was a little to "Up in the air" on location for me. Very nice people.

Upscale Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later I received a phone call about scheduling an interview. Went to the interview, discussed job openings and was given the option to choose the one that best suited my home life.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at G4S.

Interview

I called they had me apply online as a formality. I went into office interviewed and received job offer. Took tests, passed, and was hired right away. Was extremely easy since I was referred by an ex employee in good standing.

Bank Protection Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Tukwila, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Bank Protection Officer at the Seattle Branch Office on 3/13/2017. After submitting the application, I received a phone call an hour later to schedule an interview; they scheduled me for the next day. The interview process was a great and not to hard approx. 20-30 mins; the staff were very friendly. I ended up getting hired that day.

Pros:
    Good pay.
    Paid Training.
    Free uniform, except black boots.
    Lots of room to grow.
    Lots of overtime.
    Lots of good Training.
    Military leave.
    Paid Sick and Safety Time.
    80 Hours of vacation time (After one year; 120 after two years).
    Benefits (Medical/Dental/Life)

Cons:
    You have to pay for a $40 extensive background check upfront in the office.
    There is an after interview questionnaire about six pages and 25 hand write only questions.
    Non-union.
    Must have your own black boots.
    Drug test and fingerprinting not in house.
    No STD or LTD, vision, 401k.

Other than that all went very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are three strengths and weaknesses?
      Can you work Days, nights, weekends, graves, holidays?
      Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation?
      Describe a time when you were given a criticism and how did you handled it?
      What motivates you?
      What make you a good candidate?
      How long do you plan to stay with the company?
      How long did you work at your job?
      What are your long-term employment goals and how will working here help you accomplish that goal?
      Other basic HR questions.
      Answer Question

CPO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G4S (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Group interview. All interviewers were from higher management through out the district. They had different stages of the process all in 1 day, which was nice. Interviewed with someone who knew the company and the steps of hiring and details of the opened positions.

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at G4S in March 2017.

Interview

I applied, a few weeks later I received a call, I was asked do you still want the job? Then I can start you in a week, I'll send you some forms. So really no interview just here is the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you still want the job?... Great I can start you in 2 weeks   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G4S (Horsham, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

filled out the entire on line profile. Got a call for an interview. Did the interview and was unsuccessful. 3 person panel. with canned questions and basic "tell us about yourself"

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client complained about a guard sleeping   1 Answer

Flex Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G4S (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

I first applied through Indeed, and got a call the next day. They told me to come into the office for an interview the following Monday. Once I arrived they asked if I filled out the application on the website. I said no, I only submitted my application through Indeed. The receptionist was frustrated and took me to a computer room where I could fill out the application. It took another hour, then I was sitting at that office for another THREE HOURS waiting to be interviewed because they overbooked. The interview itself was a breeze, it was very clear that they were hiring anyone who didn't come off as a crazy person. They ask about your availability, experience, and what you'd feel comfortable doing. They didn't ask me any of the typical interview questions like "give me an example of a tough call you had to make" etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable detaining or restraining someone?   Answer Question

Regional Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I didn't complete the job application after stopping due to how ridiculous it was. First was Employment history but they actually wanted to know reasons for my gap in employment. To a degree I can get this but their system can't pick up that my previous job ended and I started the new job the following Monday! I completed this part anyway because it wasn't too hard. But right after that was having to fill out the last 10 YEARS of residential history! That's the most absurd waste of time I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Filling out reasons for gap in employment is fine but having to do it because it was the weekend is ridiculous. Then asking for residential history is quite frankly none of this company's business until I have a job. And even then, it's still none of this company's business.   Answer Question