GE Capital Risk Management Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital Risk Management Program Interview Questions

2.9

Risk Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital in October 2014.

Interview

on site interview at school, final rounds at meadowvale office...very easy behaviourals
dinner the night before where you meet the manager and other people from the company...good food, GE knows how to pick good restaurants

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for this internship through on-campus recruiting and several weeks later I was noticed that I received an interview. The interview was held on my universities campus and lasted 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral and informational with a couple of technical questions. A week later I received an email saying that I was offered a second round interview in Connecticut. I was flown out across the country and had three 30 minute interviews along with a lunch with previous RMP interns who now work there full-time. The three onsite interviews were purely behavioral, and easier than the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a topic the you have leaned about in your (Finance/ Economics) course?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a team and..... (conflicts/leadership style, ect.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer I was given. I feel that negotiation is a relevant topic for full-time positions, as opposed to internships. GE is a very generous company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Stamford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that was very basic. Mostly a behavioral interview without technical questions. Lots of team questions and time management. They really just want to see if you are a hard working, passionate individual who can communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had many things due on the same day and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Medford, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Hired me as a senior in college. Had one 30-minute in-person interview that consisted of mainly behavioral questions. They care alot about your leadership skills/potential, so I spoke more about my student activities than my classes. There were 2 interviewers, and they had the good-cop/bad-cop routine. I think most GE Capital interviews are like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in November 2010.

Interview

Interview on campus, follow by super day at Norwalk office with 3 interviewers. Interview consists of mostly behavioral questions.

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions and then a day spent at the Assessment Center in London - 3 one-on-one interviews (1 with the HR and 2 with Risk Management employees) and a group dynamic ( two teams with two different opinions regarding the strategy of a company). Questions were mostly behavioral but you also have to be quite aware of why you want GE/GE Capital and Risk Management. Answer in a STAR mode (Situation, Task, Action and Results) and in line with the company's growth values.

Interview Questions

• Dealing w/ the gap between what you learn in school and what the reality is. Why GE? Why RM? Tell me a situtation in which you showed flexibility? How do you deal with negative feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was on the ohone nd concerned mostly behavioral questions. After that, maybe a week waiting for another phone with invitation to assessment center in headquarter in London. Assessment center took one day. First- introduction, short speech about company and about the program. Then 4 hour- window for interviews, in total 4 interviews/ candidate, ll of them 1:1 (with risk managers and HR people). Behavioral based questions + some about the economic situation in the world. In the end short group project. Company check how much do you fit the program and company culture by evaluating 5 traits: clear thinker, imagination, external focus, inclusiveness and expertise. Very positive overall experience, people are friendly, give you the impression that you have a voice and you can make an impact.

Interview Questions

• The main difficulties is in answering to all thebehavioral questions over and over again. It['s pretty tiring, especially in the second half of the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no real negotians in the end. They offer you certain salary and conditions and starting date of the program. I was given just a choice of 2 cities in myhome country.